Life Must Go On

Be My Wife

 

 

 

She squeeze his hand and starts walking out of Yonghwa’s house. They walk to the neighbourhood park and sat on one of the bench.

“Shin.”

“Stay here. I’ll buy our ice cream from that ahjussi.”

Shinhye stands up and walk to the vendor. Yonghwa watch her without blinking his eyes.

“Shin ah. Are you pretending to be okay for me?”

He said and sigh.

“Why can’t I be mature like you Shinnie ah?”

He palm his face and runs his hands over his hair. He turns to Shinhye who was paying for the ice cream she bought.

Shinhye walks to Yonghwa and sats beside him. She shove one ice cream cone in Yonghwa’s hand and eat hers. She looks around the park while savouring her ice cream.

Yonghwa just stare and her actions. He didn’t even look at his ice cream. Shinhye finish hers and pouts when Yonghwa didn’t even touch his.

“Yongie. Don’t you like chocolate flavor anymore?”

He was brought back to reality when Shinhye spoke. He look at his melting ice cream and at Shinhye.

“Ani. I’m just.”

“Kenchana. Just throw it away.”

Shinhye took Yonghwa’s ice cream and throw it into the bin.

“Let’s walk around neh.”

Shinhye took Yonghwa’s hand forcing him to stands up. They then walks around the park with Shinhye holding tight onto Yonghwa’s hand.

“Yongie. Do you know what Jae Oppa once said?”

Yonghwa turn his view to Shinhye with questioning look. Shinhye smiles and continue talking.

“He ask me to take care of you at any situation we are in. But, I forget that. I ignore you all this while. I lock myself from everyone including you. Mianhe.”

Yonghwa stops on his track make Shinhye stops too. He turn Shinhye to face him and hugs her tight.

“I’m sorry. I ignore you too. I had promised hyung that I will never leave your side whenever you are sad. I promised him that I will always protect you. I promised hyung that I will always be your guardian everytime he is not here in Seoul. But, I forget all of that when he is gone for real. I’m sorry Shinnie. I’m so sorry. I can’t accept the fact. I’m so stupid. I always depend on hyung all this time. I’m too childish Shin ah. I’m sorry. ”

He was tearing up. Shinhye feels his tears on her shoulder. She slowly wrapped her arms around his back and pats it. She cried too. The lost that they were going through is too painful. They both were in pain. They need to ease each other. They need to calm each other. They need each other to moves on. In conclusion, they NEED each other. That was enough to make them forget their misery and pain.

They stay there, hugging each other for long time. They cried their hearts out. They cry together.

                                                                                              ***

“Hyung. I promised you that I will go on with my life. I will take care of hyung’s company. I will do everything to makes Shin happy. I promised you hyung.”

Yonghwa said in front of Jaejoong smiling pictures. He and Shinhye were at the Memorial Park to visit Jaejoong.

“I promise you too Oppa. I will try to be happy. I won’t make anyone worry over me again. I will let you rest in peace. I will accept this fact. Although it was too painful for me to accept it, I will. I have Yongie, mom, dad, omma, appa, Minho and Sulli. One things that I need you to know is, I will always love you Oppa.”

Shinhye said while wiping her tears. She smiles. She was ready to let him go. Yonghwa smiles to. After a month locking themselves from outside world, they smiles again today. They vow to each other that they won’t shed anymore tears. And they seal it in front of Jaejoong.

“May you rest in peace hyung/Oppa.”

They spoke simultaneously. Shinhye put a bouquet of flower besides Jaejoong’s photo and walks out with Yonghwa by her side.

                                                                                              ***

“Sulli.”

“Unni.”

Sulli ran into Shinhye embrance. She miss her unni so much. She regrets talking rudely to Shinhye yesterday. She plans to go to her house to apologize today but she doesn’t have to. Shinhye is here in her house now. She is smiling, smiling brightly as she usually will.

“Why are you crying? Uljima.”

“I’m sorry for being rude yesterday unni. I shouldn’t have.”

“Ani. You did the right thing Sulli. You open my eyes to face reality. I’m proud of you. Why can’t I be like you Sulli? Adorable and mature? You should teach me after this right Yongie?”

Shinhye and Yonghwa laugh. Sulli release Shinhye and face her unni.

“Unni. I was the reason?”

Shinhye nods.

“It’s not Yonghwa sunbae?”

“Ani. It’s you Sulli. Thank you.“

Yonghwa said and smiles to her.

Sulli blinks her eyes trying to decipher the situation.

“Kamsahamnida my dongsaeng. If not because of you, I will keep staying in the dark.”

Shinhye hugs Sulli again. Sulli smiles.

“So, you had accept the incident unni?”

“Deh Sulli ya. As you said, all living things will die when time comes.”

“Unni. Welcome back.”

Sulli was so happy. Shinhye had accepted the fact that Jaejoong will not come back. He is gone. Yonghwa had accepted it too.

“Unni, let the past be our memory. Let’s face our upcoming days with smiles. I’m sure that was what Jaejoong Oppa wants.”

“Deh Sulli. Let’s face it.”

Shinhye said with a smile. She turns to Yonghwa who was standing not far from her and Sulli. Yonghwa nods and smiles to her. They will face it together.

                                                                              ***

Shinhye wakes up with a rose besides her bed. She smiles and shuts her eyes while consuming the sweet scent of the white roses.

“Do you like it?”

Shinhye smiles upon hearing the familiar voice. She nods without fading her smiles.

“Gomawo. It’s been long since I smell fresh flowers when waking up.”

Shinhye said and open her eyes. She smiles at the tall figure who was smiling and watching at her from the door.

“Now, go and wash up. We can have breakfast together before I send you to school noona.”

“Deh Minho ssi. I’ll be down in 30 minutes.”

Shinhye smiles and walk to the bathroom. She will starts working again today. It’s been two month since she took leave from school. She had prepared herself to starts teaching like she usually do. She spends 30 minutes in the bathroom and 20 minutes dressing up. She walk down elegantly and sat on the dining table after kissing Mrs. Park's cheek.

“Hmph. 30 minutes noona?”

Minho said while flipping the newspaper while his other hand holding his cup of coffee.

Shinhye laugh at his actions and took a bread.

“You look so charismatic right now Minho ya. So handsome.”

Minho closed the newspaper and fold it up.

“Really noona? I usually do this when I was in conference room or meeting room while waiting for it to start. No wonder those noona and ahjumma always stare at me.”

Shinhye laugh at Minho expression. She knows he likes compliments. Sometimes he looks mature and the other time, he will act like a child.

“Aigoo my Minho. Stop acting like that. Poor them.”

“Ani noona. I just don’t want to have a conversation with them. One day when I went to Jeju for business conference, a lady come to me asking if I want to be her secret lover. I nearly puke at that time.”

Minho said while imitating his reaction back then.

“That’s mean you had grown to a man Minho ya. Find yourself a girlfriend now. You should have one right now you know. You keep going here and there, meeting clients from all districts. Don’t you found someone who caught your heart and eyes?”

Shinhye said while munching her bread.

Minho smiles and nods his head.

“I found one noona.”

“Really? Who? Tell me Minho ya. Do I know her?”

“Deh noona. You know her. In and out.”

Minho smiles while sipping his last coffee. Shinhye was confused with minho smiles. It seems that he is not playing around.

“Dugu?”

“You noona.”

Minho laugh hard when Shinhye’s face turn angry. He just love joking with his noona.

“It’s not funny Minho ssi.”

“Arasseo. I’m joking. If I had one, I will tell you okay noona.”

Minho glance at his wrist watch.

“Let’s go now neh. Ahjumma, I will send noona today okay.”

Minho said to Mrs. park and walks out. Shinhye follows his steps with her eyes. She then turns her gaze to her mother.

“Mom. don’t you think he is in love?”

“Ani. I don’t think so. Wae Shinnie?”

“Nothing. I just feel that he is being hyper for no reason.”

“Doesn’t he acts like that everytime before Shin. That was just your feelings.”

Mrs. Park smiles at her daughter. Shinhye shakes her thoughts away and sips her coffee. She walks to Mrs. Park and kissed her cheek before she took her handbag and walks to Minho’s car.

                                                                              ***

“You seem in a deep thought.”

Shinhye was startled by Yonghwa. She smiles at him. Yonghwa took the seat in front of her and take a sips of her coffee.

“So, are you waiting for someone?”

“Ani. I was waiting for you. Let’s see Mr. Drake together.”

“Yah. Are you afraid of him?”

“It’s not that. I just feel comfortable if you come along.”

Yonghwa nods and finishes Shinhye’s coffee.

“Opss I finished it.”

“Kenchana coffeeholics. I had drank one at home. I just buy it while waiting for you.”

Shinhye laugh. She then turn sullen when she remember about Jaejoong.

“Oppa also was a coffeeholics before right Yongie.”

“Deh.”

Yonghwa’s expression also changed. Upon seeing his changed, Shinhye pats his hand.

“Sorry for bringing it up Yongie.”

She smiles and stands up. Yonghwa lift his head and saw her smiling. He smiles and stands too.

“Kaja Yongie. We will be late.”

“Deh Shinnie. Kaja.”

Both were smiling for not making each other sad, but they know they were crying inside. They knew each other. But, they decided to not ask any more questions about that. They musn’t.

                                                                              ***

“Minho ya. Where will you held the party?”

Mrs. Park asked Minho who was watching movie in the living room. He moves his attention to Mrs. Park.

“Here. Omma and Appa had decided to move here so that appa can come to the company once in a while. It’s more convenient right ahjumma.”

“Deh. They should do that long ago. Have they survey the house?”

“I’ve found one not far from here. We will stay there after my party. So, for the time being, we will stay here first. Can we ahjumma?”

“Of course. It’s been long since I saw my sister. When will they come?”

“In a week time.”

“Alright. I’ll clean the guest room later for them okay.”

“Thanks ahjumma.”

“Kenchana.”

Mrs. Park smiles and turns her view to the TV. Minho glances to the wall clock.

“Where is noona? Shouldn’t she be back hours ago? It’s late already.”

“She is in Sulli’s house. Poor my Sulli. She is not being well. She was alone. Her uncle and aunt were on business tour. So, Shin will be taking care of her. She will go to work straight from there.”

Minho’s heart thumping.

“She is sick?”

“Deh. I’ve visit her earlier. She looks weak. I will go there tomorrow to take care of her while Shin go to work. Can you send me there?”

“Deh.”

Minho stands up abruptly and went to his room. He doesn’t even wish Mrs. Park goodnight. He forget about everything. There is only Sulli in his mind.

“I hope you are okay Sulli ah.”

                                                                              ***

“Sulli. Kenchana? Are you feeling okay right now? You are pale. Do you want to eat something? Do you want to see doctor?”

Shinhye and Mrs. Park just look at Minho’a action without blinking their eyes. He was holding Sulli’s hand and stare at her lovingly.

“What’s happening mom?”

Shinhye whispers to Mrs. Park. Mrs. Park shakes her head and keep her eyes on both of them.

Sulli was shocked too. She did not expect Minho to behave like that. She slowly took her hands off Minho’s hand.

“I’m okay Oppa. I’ve gotten better. Shinhye unni took good care of me.”

Sulli said and look at Mrs. Park and Shinhye who were standing not far from her bed. They were confused by Minho’s action like she do.

Minho who realizes that they wasn’t alone stands up slowly. He turns to Mrs. Park and Shinhye who were staring at him with questioning look.

“Ani. It’s just that she never fell sick before. I’m just worried noona, ahjumma.”

Mrs. Park nods few times before she speak.

“Yeh. I forgot that Sulli is like a dongsaeng to you too. You should be worried. But I think she has gotten better now. Right dear?”

Mrs. Park walks to Sulli and puts her hand on Sulli’s forehead.

“Your fever had go down.”

“Deh mom. I feel lots better today.”

Sulli smiles making Minho’s heart  waved. He smiles dreamily and turns his attention away from Sulli. He stop smiling when he saw Shinhye still fix her eyes on him.

“I’ll be going now. I’m late for work.”

Minho said and walks away quickly. Shinhye still looking at his figure with suspicion.

“I’ll find out what is happening between this two.”

She thought and walks to her mom.