It's a Girl's Thing

Be My Wife

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah Shin. Why? Don’t make me scared. You are so pale.”

Yonghwa began to panic. He never seen Shinhye this pale before.

“What do I do? Lets go to doctor neh. Kaja.”

He tried to carry Shinhye but Yonghwa was stopped when Shinhye grip his arm.

“What is it?”

“Help me get the heating pad in there.”

Shinye points to her drawer. Yonghwa rushed to it and bring her the heating pad. Shinhye took it and place it onto her stomach. Yonghwa just stare at her action with confusion.

“I’ll skip class today. Just go. I’ll be okay after a while.”

Shinhye said still in her weak tone. Yonghwa remove his sling bag and sits on the bed.

“How can I leave you. You look so sick. And what did you do with the heating pad? Can it reduce your pain? Let’s go to the doctor.”

Yonghwa said worriedly. Shinhye shook her head.

“Aniyo Yongie. I go through this every month. It’s just menstrual pain.”

“What pain? Menst what?”

“It’s girls thing Yongie ya. I’ll be fine. Just go to your class. Don’t skip it because of me.”

“Ani. I can’t focus so,its better I don’t attend it. So, what else should I help? Do you want something to eat? Do you have any tablet to reduce the pain?”

Shinhye force a smile at Yonghwa action. She try to endure her pain and lift her body. But the stingy pain from her lower abdomen make her cringe in pain.

“Yah. Why did you move? Just lie down.”

Shinhye lie down and closed her eyes.

“Why did it hurt so much today?” She murmur with closed eyes.

Upon seeing his bestfriend sleeps, Yonghwa went out of the room and dial his mother’s number.

“Omma.”

“Hello son. Why did you call this early? Did something happen?”

“Deh omma. Shinhye was sick. She said something like menst pain. I can’t remember. She looks in a lot pain omma. What should I do? She was so pale.”

“Ah. Its menstrual pain Yong ya. Don’t be too worried. Give her heating pad first. Ask her to put it onto her stomach.”

“She had did that omma. Next step?”

“Really?Okay. But don’t let her sleep with the pad on her stomach.”

Yonghwa rush to Shinhye room and saw the heating pad besides Shinhye. He sigh in relief and starts asking his mom another question.

“So omma, is it serious?”

Yonghwa still clueless after Mrs. Jung long explanation. Mrs. Jung laugh and said that its not serious.

“Ah, it’s a relief. I think that it was serious. I’m so panic when I saw her face omma.”

“It’s a pain that every women will go through Yongie. Don’t be too panic deh. But, if she said that the pain is not reducing, just take her to a doctor.”

“But you know how she is mom. Always wants to hide if she was not okay.”

“You should know if she is not okay right son.”

“Deh omma. Thank you.”

“I’m your omma. Don’t thank me. Take care of Shin.”

Yonghwa ended the call. He enter Shinhye room again to see her condition. She is still pale and sometime she will grip her shirt on her stomach. Yonghwa is restless. Shinhye always the bright girl in front of him. He was scared when he saw her in pain.

“Shin ah. Don’t fall sick.”

It’s been 3 hours after he found out that Shinhye was in pain. He glances at the girl who was sleeping restlessly.

“I should bring her to clinic. She did not look good.”

Yonghwa lift Shinhye carefully in his arm and walks out to his car. He puts Shinhye in the passenger seat and start drove to the nearest clinic.

                                                                              ***

“What is your relation student?”

“She is my friend doctor. So, how is she? Her condition didn’t get better since this morning.”

Yonghwa glance at Shinhye who was lying down at the bed.

“Girlfriend it is.”

The doctor laugh and pats Yonghwa’s shoulder. He don’t care if the doctor thinks Shinhye is his girlfriend. He only want to know about her condition.

“It’s nothing student. I’ve give her injection to reduce the pain. She will be okay in a while. Let her rest a bit.”

“Oh. Thank you doctor. Will she go through this pain every month? I had asked my mom and she said that this is normal pain.”

“True. Some pain, cramping, and discomfort during menstrual periods is normal. However, excessive pain that causes to regularly miss work or school is not. The medical term for painful menstruation is dysmenorrhea. Primary dysmenorrhea occurs in women who experience pain just before and during menstruation, but who are otherwise healthy. Women who have had normal periods that later become painful may have secondary dysmenorrhea. This condition is usually accompanied by a problem affecting the uterus or other pelvic organs. And she is in the primary case. So, nothing is abnormal.”

Yonghwa nods few times as if he understand. The lady doctor just smile at the young boy actions.

“You can go home when she wake up. I have to check other patient.”

“Deh. Kamsahamnida doctor.”

The doctor nods and walk out of the treatment room. Shinhye stirs a little and tried to sit down. Yonghwa help her sits.

“Still painful?”

Shinhye smiles and shakes her head.

“It had got better.”

“It’s good then. Do you know how much i scared? That was too sudden. You were okay last night.”

“Sorry for making you worry.”

“Aish that’s not the problem. Can you walk?”

“Deh. Thank you Yongie. I’m indebted to you. Too much.”

“Kenchana. Just cook delicious food for me when you are okay.”

Yonghwa smiles. Shinhye smiles and nods her head.

“Did you carry me here?”

Shinhye asks when they were walking to the car.

“Deh. Wae?”

“I’m heavy right? Mianhe.”

“I don’t feel that silly. I just thinking to get you here as soon as I can.”

“You are so sweet Yong. Thank you for taking care of me.”

“Stop thanking me. Let’s eat some soup neh. Omma said that eating soup is the best when you are in that pain.”

“You told omma?”

Yonghwa nods his head. Shinhye face getting red.

“So embarrassed. Why did you ask omma? You can call my mom right? What will she think of me?”

“Aigoo. Don’t be too shy will you? Omma had always treat you like her daughter. Furthermore, I can’t really  think what to do. I quickly call omma to ask her advice.”

“Sorry to scared you. I never get too much pain before. This is my first time. Maybe because I was too stress conducting the Literature assignment.”

“Yes. You looks stressed these few days. Now, don’t think about anything. Let’s just eat. I’m hungry.”

Yonghwa said while rubbing his stomach. Shinhye laugh while linking her arm to Yonghwa’s.

“Deh. But where did you park your car Yongie? We had walk for quite a long time.”

Yonghwa looks around and slaps his forehead. He smiles at Shinhye.

“Opss I park it on the left side. We had walk on the wrong side.”

“Aish Yongie. It’s okay, Let’s walk there.”

                                                                              ***

“Princess. How are you? Have you been well?”

“I’m fine Oppa. How are you? Did you eat well?

“Deh. I’m fine too. I was busy last week. Sorry for not contacting you. It’s the final.”

“I know Oppa. I understand. We both know each other. I always remember you in my heart. I doesn’t matter if you call me or not. I will still love you.”

Shinhye said and smile giddily.

“Is it? Oh ottoke? I really want to see you after hearing your voice princess.”

“Me too Oppa. but let’s wait another month neh. You will be back at that time. We can spend time together.”

“Yes princess. I got 64 days holiday.”

“Waa. Is it? It’s great Oppa.”

“Deh. I just checked it with the office. So, how is my brother doing? Did he pesters you a lot?”

“Aniyo Oppa. He behave so much now. Maybe he had learn to be mature when you are not here to pamper him.”

Jaejoong laugh on the other line. Shinhye laugh and walks out of her room to the balcony.

“Oppa.  what did you have for dinner earlier?”

“Urmm pizza.” Jaejoong chuckled.

“Again? Oppa, eat something nutricious once in a while. You look thin in the picture that you sent to me.”

“Arasseo princess, I will.”

“Deh Oppa. I had another class to attend. I’ll hang up neh.”

“Okay princess. Stay healthy. Saranghae.”

“Nado saranghae Oppa."