Love Is In The Air

Be My Wife

 

 

 

“Mom, I want to tell you something.”

Mrs. Park look at her daughter and Yonghwa that were seated opposite her. She smiles.

“What is it?”

“We are together.”

“Yes, I can see that you both are together now. What do you want to say apart from that.”

Mrs. Park laugh when Shinhye pouts.

“She say yes eomonim.”

Yonghwa answers smiling.

“I knew she will. She was so hyper yesterday. I knew it must have something to do with you.”

Shinhye smiles and went to Mrs. Park side. She links her arm with her mother and lean on her shoulder.

“Thanks mom, for making me realizes that I actually love him more than a friend.”

“That’s nothing to do with me dear. You make your own decision. And a wise one.”

She turn to yonghwa who was smiling happily.

“I know I can trust you boy. I hope you will bring this relationship to another stage in the near future.”

Yonghwa look at Shinhye and smiles meaningful.

“I will eomonim.”

“Do your omma knows?”

“Ani, they went for tour. I’ll tell them when they were here in Seoul.”

“Deh. Let’s celebrates.”

“It’s a must eomonim.”

Yonghwa laugh. Mrs. Park turn to Shinhye.

“Let’s call your dad okay. He will be happy.”

“Yeh omma.”

                                                                              ***

“What’s the occassion my princess? You look happy.”

Mr. Park said when he arrived at the restaurant. Shinhye called her dad and ask him to join them for lunch.

“Yonghwa, you are here too. How are you? How is the company going on?”

“Good abeoji. I’m managing it well.”

“That’s good. I heard about you from my business partners. They seem to admire your competitiveness in gaining new projects. That was a very good start.”

Mr. Park said while smiling proudly at the young man.

“Thank you abeoji. I still need to learn a lot.”

“We learn new things everyday Yonghwa. Don’t stop learning arasseo?”

“Deh abeoji. I’ll keep that in mind.”

Yonghwa nods and smile.

“Yeobo, stop talking about the company, projects and business here. Did you forget that we are still here?”

“Mian. I was excited when I see him. It’s been long since we can eat lunch together right?”

“Right. You are so busy dad. We also rarely spend time with you.”

“Sorry dear. It’s the end of the year. The works doubled. Minho is also not here. I and your uncle help him to take care of his project.”

“Ara dad. I understand it.”

Shinhye smiles cutely at her dad.

“Yeobo, don’t you want to know the reason of this lunch gathering?”

Mrs. Park said and smiles at Yonghwa who was sitting beside her husband.

“Ah right. I had forgotten about that. So, what is it that you want to say to me Shin?”

Mr. Park look at Shinhye. Yonghwa smiles at her and turn his head to Mr. Park.

“Abeoji. I need your blessing to date your precious daughter.”

He bows his head and waited for Mr. Park response. Mr. Park laugh and taps his shoulder.

“Sit up straight my boy. I’ll gladly give you my blessing. It’s hard to find a guy like you nowadays. I know you will took good care of her.”

Shinhye smiles daintily.

“Omo yeobo. Is our daughter feeling shy?”

Mr. Park said and laugh. Shinhye pouts and hid her face on Mrs. Park’s arm.

“Shinnie. I hope this relationship will wash away all your sadness.”

Mr. Park turns to Yonghwa.

“Yonghwa. I’m trusting my daughter to you. Don’t let me down neh.”

“Deh abeoji.”

“Okay, let’s eat.”

They ate happily. Mr. and Mrs. Park were happy for their daughter. At last, after two years, she found her happiness again.

                                                                              ***

“Shinnie.”

“Deh.”

“Do you know how happy I am?”

“I know. I’m happy too Yong.”

Shinhye smiles while leaning her head to Yonghwa’s shoulder. He held her closer to him while enjoying the firework show.

Shinhye linked her left fingers with Yonghwa’s right hand. She giggles slowly while playing with his fingers.

Yonghwa smiles and kissed her hair.

“Thank you for accepting me. I hope i can love you like hyung.”

Shinhye stops playing his fingers and look at Yonghwa’s face.

“Waegurae Yongie?”

“I’m afraid.”

“Why would you?”

“I’m afraid if I’m not good enough to replace hyung by your side.”

“Yongie.”

“But I’m afraid to lose you too. Ottoke Shinnie?”

“Yongie, you and Jae Oppa are two different person. You can’t be him. I’m happy Yongie. I really am. If only I can draw my feelings right now, I will. I am totally happy Yongie.”

“I know. I’m just not confident with myself. What if I failed in making you happy?”

“You won’t Yongie. I have faith in you. You are the only person who held out your hand to me when no one is willing to do it. I started to like you since then. You are a nice guy Yongie. I was the lucky one to have you loved me.”

Shinhye said while squeezing his hand.

“You think so?”

Shinhye nods and smiles.

“Thank you. Please love me forever Shinnie.”

“I will Yong. Forever.”

She smiles. They smiles. Yonghwa hugs her tightly before releasing her. He then kiss her forehead and lock her in his arms again.

“Saranghae Shin. Nomu saranghae.”

“I love you too Yongie. So much. I will love you with all my heart.”

They stay there hugging for few minutes before heading back home without fading their smiles.

                                                                              ***

Sulli was standing near the window of their suite staring outside. She was wearing an ankle-length peach night gown with laces on its arms that perfectly suits her tall feature. She smiles upon reminiscing the sweet memories that she had gone through with Minho in these two days. Her husband is so sweet and gentle. He took care of all her liking and never fail to surprise her.

When she was busy thinking about her husband, Minho snake his arms around Sulli’s waist from behind. He held her so that he can feel his wife’s warmth. Sulli froze for a while but she relaxes a moment later.

“He is my husband. He has the full rights to touch me.”

Sulli thought.

Minho smiles when he feels that his wife has relaxes by his touch. He kissed her hair and savouring her scent few seconds before he sigh.

“I’m jealous.”

Minho said suddenly. Sulli turn her head a little to see Minho’s face that was on her shoulder.

“Why?”

“I’m jealous of that blonde hyung.”

Sulli let out a laugh.

“I’ve told you Oppa, he is an Oppa that I was closed to.”

Minho sigh, he kissed her shoulder before he continue.

“Sulli. There is a question that keep running in my mind. Can you answer me honestly if I ask you?”

Sulli nods. Minho release his hold and turn Sulli to face him.

“Is that hyung your first love?”

“Deh?”

“I know about your first love when noona told after I saw you in her house. I’m curious. Can you tell me about him?”

Sulli smiles at Minho.

“Do you really want to know about him Oppa?”

Minho nods. He was unsure whether he can take it coolly, but he can contain his curiousness anymore. He needs to know whether Sulli still love her first love before he can confess.

“Let’s sit before we continue. It was a long story to share. And I really hope that you won’t be surprise.”

“Okay.”

They sat on the couch opposite each other. Minho stare at Sulli nervously. His heart was thumping hard. Sulli smiles before she starts.

“He is a sunbae in our school in Busan. I had a little crush on him like all my other classmates. He is an athlete, smart, handsome, cool and so gentleman. He was a captain in his team.”

Sulli said and recalled how she had fallen for Minho when she first saw him.

“That means he is not that hyung. He stays in Seoul.”

Minho starts to relaxes a bit.

“I only realized that I love him when I saw him with his fan girls. My heart hurt so much. Even though he never gives them any attention, but still I was jealous. Silly doesn’t it Oppa?”

Sulli laugh while Minho still wears the straight expression.

“After my omma’s death, appa asked me to stay with aunt Nana. I make my mind that I will forget him. I have to because I know that my love is one-sided.”

“But when my last few days in Busan, fate met us up. We talked. He smiles at me for the first time. At my last day at school, I was determined to stay away from him and I succeed because he was on medical leaves.”

Sulli sigh.

“Even when I had live in Seoul, I still can’t forget him. luckily I met unni. Spending time with her with the project make me forget about my feelings. But one day, I met him again, in an unexpected way.”

Minho wrinkle his forehead.

“How?”

Sulli smiles. She walks to Minho and took his hand, making him surprised. She hold it tightly.

“In unni’s house Oppa. He is unni’s cousin.”

“You mean?”

Sulli nods.

“It’s you.”

“Really?”

“Deh. But I never reveal it to anyone. I came to know you love unni shortly after your stay there. Even though unni is in a relationship with Jaejoong Oppa at that time, I think that you can never forget your feelings to her in instant. You must need long time to forget your first love right? I knew it because I was the same.”

Minho shakes his head.

“Sulli ya. I’m sorry for being like a coward. I’m sorry for hiding my feelings from you. I love you too. I fall for you at our first encounter. I still remember that time when you helped me picked up my pen. I fall for you that instant.”

Sulli is shocked. Minho’s confession confused her.

“Oppa? I thought you love unni.”

“I’m serious Sulli ya. When I saw you at the playground that evening, I am confident that I really had fallen for you. You make me realizes that I just see noona as a sibling and my love for her is not more than that. I want to tell you the next day in school, but I failed as I was reprimanded to have a proper bed-rest until my leg was fully recovered.”

“After a week, I went to school early. I waited for you at the entrance. I really missed you, but you never enter. I thought that you must have arrived earlier than me and I went to search for you at your class during the break.

“Your teacher told me that you had transferred to Seoul. Then my coach tell me about the soccer camp in your new school. Despite my still recovering leg, I train hard so that I will be chosen as the representative. That is why I can join the camp.”

Minho chuckled.

“Oppa. Don’t you think we are too selfish? We both love each other but hid it because we were afraid of rejections.”

“Yeh Sulli. I thought about that many times too. I was afraid if I confess, you will stay away from me. I’ll feel satisfied with only watching you every day. Every single thing about you make me happy. When I feel down, when I was stressed, you are the only person that I want to turn to. You are that important to me.”

Minho paused and caresses Sulli’s hair. She smiles.

“Do you remember that night after my marriage announcement? I decided to confess, but it didn’t turn up quite well.”

“You do? I ruined it right?”

Sulli lowered her head. Minho let out a little laugh.

“You keep saying about me as your brother. I feel that you just treat me as an Oppa.”

“That’s why you asked me for a hug? I really don’t have any idea that it was a farewell hug. That was the reason you didn’t contact me after that night right Oppa?”

Sulli asked while touching Minho’s arm. He laugh while focusing on his wife’s face.

“Deh wifey. I promised that I will marry omma’s selection the next day. I also applied for a year transfer to Japan so that I will learn to forget you. But Sulli, you are not easily forgotten. Every day I wake up I will think ‘Is Sulli okay?’ ‘has she eaten?’ ‘what did she do now?’.”

“But you seem alright when you are back.”

“Sulli ssi. Do you know how much I cry after our hug that night? Try ask noona. I drenched her dress with my tears.”

“Ah. That’s why unni seem sad. She doesn’t have much appetite. She continuously tells me that you were so pity. That’s why when I know about my arrange marriage, I didn’t tell her. I don’t want to burden her more.”

“That’s why I love noona so much Sulli ya. She acts like a mother to me. She showered me much love. Even though she nags a lot sometimes, I knew she really care for me. I will only cry in front of her.”

Sulli laugh.

“I thought you never cry Oppa.”

“I cried because of you.”

Minho smiles tenderly at Sulli. She sigh.

“Mianhe Oppa.”

“Don’t apologise. You did nothing wrong.”

“I too think that you treat me like a little girl. I never knew that it was a stupid act.”

Minho held her chin and lift her face to meet her eyes. He smiles at her.

“Sulli ya.”

“Deh Oppa.”

“Saranghae.”

Sulli smiles at him too.

“I love you too Oppa.”

Minho lean to her face slowly and kiss his wife's lips. He pulls out after a while and look at Sulli’s blushing face.

“So, can we start dating now?”

Sulli laugh.

“What dating Oppa? We had married.”

“But still, we never date as boyfriend and girlfriend.”

Minho pouts. Sulli laugh at him.

“Oppa. This is the first time you pouts at me.”

“You will look at it often after this.”

Minho said and laugh. He pulls Sulli in a bear hug and kiss her hair.

“Let’s start loving each other and lead our lives happily forever neh.”

Sulli nods while hugging Minho comfortably.

“We need to thank that close Oppa of yours Sulli.”

“Waeyo Oppa?”

“If he doesn’t show up at the Mini Land, I will still keep this feeling from you.”

Minho smiles and hugs Sulli tighter.

“Right. We should do that.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They confessed... Finally!! Hehehe...