Her Answer

Be My Wife

Shinhye was cooking in the kitchen alone. She hum a song as she blanch the spaghetti in the boiling water. She had made up her mind. She will tell Yonghwa her answers today. She will surprised him in his office. She had checked his free time with his secretary Jungshin and he told her that Yonghwa will be free at lunch time.

“What are you doing dear?”

Mrs. Park walks into the kitchen dressed elegantly.

Shinhye look at her mom.

“I’m cooking mom. Where do you want to go?”

“I have an appointment with my friends Shinnie.”

“Ah. Are you leaving now?”

“In 10 minutes. Waeyo?”

“Can you help me taste the sauce? I’m not confident with the taste. It taste different.”

Shinhye pouts. Mrs. Park laugh and shakes her head.

“Why are you so stress? Let me taste it.”

Mrs. Park taste the sauce and smile.

“Shinnie. It was perfect as usual. Why did you say it was different?”

“Really mom?”

“Positively yes.”

“Maybe I’m too nervous.”

“Wae?”

“I’ll tell you later mom.”

“Alright. I’m leaving now.”

“Deh mom. Be careful.”

Shinhye cleans the kitchen after placing the spaghetti in a food container. She walks to her room and dolled herself up.

“Should I wear more makeups?”

She went to her wardrobe and pulls out a flower-printed blue dress.

“Yong loves blue.”

She changes into the knee-length dress and pose in front of the mirror. She twirl herself few times and sat down on the dressing table after she satisfied with herself.

“I will put a light make-up so that I won’t be too obvious.”

She giggles like a school girl.

“I’m truly in love.”

She smiles and walks out of her room. She took the spaghetti with her and droves to Yonghwa’s office.

                                                                              ***

“Jungshinnie.”

She greets Yonghwa’s secretary happily.

“Miss Park.”

Shinhye pouts at the tall guy.

“How many time have I told you to call me noona?”

“Mianhamida.”

“Aigoo. Don’t speak formally to me. I’m not your boss.”

Shinhye laugh. Jungshin smiles at her.

“Is he inside?”

“Yes noona. Mr. Yonghwa just finishes his meeting.”

“Alright. I’ll go in first. Here a coffee for you.”

Shinhye gives him a cup of coffee and walks into Yonghwa’s office. She went in without knocking and saw Yonghwa lying on the couch. He was sleeping. She puts away her things and walk to him. She sat down on one of the couch. Yonghwa was sleeping soundly. He let out a small snore.

“Poor him. He must be tired.”

Shinhye turn her attention to his table and saw many files and papers.

She took a magazine and starts flipping it. She glance at Yonghwa once in a while and smiles.

“He can’t even noticed I was here.”

She shakes her head and lean her back to the couch. Few minutes later, Yonghwa stir a little. He opened hid eyes and yawn.

“What do you think this place is? Your bedroom?”

Shinhye said and laugh. Yonghwa turn to her with shocked expression.

“Shin, when did you came?”

“About half an hour ago.”

He sat down and button up his upper shirt before fixing his tie.

“You should wake me up Shinnie.”

“Kenchana. You were sleeping soundly. I don’t want to bother you.”

Yonghwa stretch-up before he went into the bathroom. He come out few seconds later after washing his face.

“What makes you here? You rarely visit me in my office. Is there something happens?”

Yonghwa said and walks to his table. He sit down, took a file and starts checking it.

“Pappa?”

“A bit.”

Yonghwa answers without looking at Shinhye. She smiles.

“I brought something.”

“What is it?”

His eyes were still on his files.  Shinhye laugh and walks to Yonghwa with a bag.

“Here you go.”

She puts the bag in front of him. Yonghwa puts away his files and see inside the bag. He smiles when he saw what is in the container.

“Spaghetti?”

Shinhye nods.

“It’s time to eat.”

Yonghwa walks to the couch. He put the food on the table and starts eating.

“Shin. Do you know how hungry I was?”

“I know.”

Shinhye smiles and watch him eating happily.

“How is it?”

Shinhye asks when he finished eating.

“Perfect. I really miss your spaghetti Shin.”

Shinhye smiles again.

“Continue doing your work. I’ll wait for you.”

“Wait for me? You do have something to say right?”

“Deh. But it can wait. Do your works comfortably Yong. I’ll wait.”

“If you say so.”

Yonghwa went to his desk and starts working seriously. Shinhye smiles. She haven’t seen him working this serious for ages.  She glances at her watch. There still 2 hours before Yonghwa finishes his works.

“Yongie, I’ll be back in a while neh.”

“Deh.”

Shinhye walks out of his room and went to the restroom.

She tidied up her dress and applied lipsticks to her pouty lips. She combs her hair with her finger and smiles to her reflections.

“You can do this Shinhye. Fighting!”

She smiles and walks into Yonghwa’s room.

“Shin, I had finish.”

“Finish? I thought you will finish in 2 hours?”

“Ani. I only have to check few files, and I had finished. Where do you want to go? I’m free.”

Yonghwa flashed his toothy-grin.

“Let’s go to Han River.”

“Han River?”

“Deh. Wae? You don’t want?”

“Ani. Let’s go. Let me tell Jungshin first.”

“Deh.”

                                                                              ***

“What is it that you want to say?”

They were strolling along the Han River. There were many couples and families. Fill up their leisure time resting by the beautiful river.

“I’ll tell you later. Should we go to another important place?”

“Okay. Where is it?”

“I’ll drive.”

Yonghwa laugh and pass his key to Shinhye.

After 40 minutes, they arrive at Shinhye’s said place.

“Memorial Park? You just have to say and I’ll drive here Shin. Why do you make it secretive?”

Yonghwa chuckled and went out.

“Shin, how about your car?”

“I will take it tomorrow.”

Yonghwa nods. After a while, they arrived in front of Jaejoong picture.

“Annyeong Oppa. I came. I brought Yonghwa along.”

Shinhye chuckle and glance at Yonghwa who were smiling.

“He had been so doted to his work. He had changed Oppa. He is no longer the immature Yonghwa you used to pamper. He became a man as you always wanted him to be.”

Yonghwa laugh.

“Why did you tell this all to hyung Shinnie?”

“I’m not yet finished Yongie.”

She smiles and turn at Jaejoong smiling picture.

“Can you see this dress Oppa? It’s Yong’s favourite colour.”

Yonghwa switch his attention to Shinhye and listens to her words seriously.

“I had think about it for long and I had made my mind.”

She turn to Yonghwa and hold his hands in her’s. She look at their hands and slowly lift her head and look into Yonghwa’s eyes. Her eyes were sparkling.

“I was afraid Yongie. I’m afraid that I will betray Oppa. That is the reason I wants to reject you when you first confess to me.”

Yonghwa heart were thumping hard.

“Is she going to rejects me?”

He thought worrily.

“Kenchana Shin. I will accept your decision coolly.”

He force a laugh that turn awkward.

Shinhye smiles and turn to Jaejoong picture, without releasing Yonghwa’s hand.

“See Oppa. He has become a man right?”

Shinhye laugh and put her right hand on Yonghwa’s left cheek.

“Yongie. I’m sorry.”

Yonghwa lowered his head and sigh.

“Kenchana. We can still be friends forever.”

Shinhye force Yonghwa to lift his head. He stare at Shinhye’s face with a sad smile.

“I was sorry for taking long time to answer you.”

“You mean?”

“My answer is yes Yongie. I want to be your girlfriend. I want to be yours.”

Shinhye smiles lovingly at him. Yonghwa hugs her and spun her around. He puts her down and hold her cheeks.

“Seriously?”

Shinhye nods. A tear drop from her eyes. Yonghwa wipes it and pulls her into his embrance once again. He releases her and hold her hand.

“Thank you Shinnie.”

Shinhye smiles.

“I really want to say my answer in front of Jae Oppa. I hope you won’t mind.”

“Of course I won’t. I talk everything to hyung. Even if you say your answer elsewhere, I will bring you here straightly after.”

Yonghwa smiles tenderly at Shinhye. He turn to Jaejoong pictures and bow to him. Shinhye copied Yonghwa’s action and bow to him too.

“Hyung, I know that you are Shinhye’s first love. I will never forget that you were the one that occupied her heart first. I hope that you will bless our lives together hyung. I promised that I will take care of her with my life. I will never let her shed any tears. I will protects her and I will love her till the end of my life.”

Yonghwa promised Jaejoong with all his heart.

“Oppa, I will be loyal to Yonghwa. I once said to you that I can’t choose who I love more between both of you right? I still can’t today.”

Shinhye pause and laugh.

“I will love him with all my life Oppa. I had realized that I loved him more than a friend and I will love him forever. I promised you Oppa. Please give us your blessings to forgo the complicated life.”

Yonghwa and Shinhye bows to Jaejoong the last time before heading to their car, hand in hand. Smile did not leave their face even for a second. They were happy. Shinhye looks at their intertwined hands and smiles giddily.

“You are my destiny.”

Shinhye thought and smiles at Yonghwa.

Yonghwa squeezes her hand and whispers to himself.

“You are my final destination.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

They are officially a couple...

Satisfy with the chapter?

I hope yes...

Kamsahamnida...

^_^