Choi Minsul part 1

Be My Wife

 

I will start to introduce Sulli and Minho character in this chapter.

YONGSHIN story will be on pause.

I want to remind you that the event happen in this chapter happen  before the last chapter.

I hope it will not confuse you.

Kamsahamnida and happy reading.

                                                               ***

The tall,beautiful girl was walking speedily down the lane. She is rushing to fetch her baby brother at the Day Care. She left him there everyday before she went to school since a month ago.

“I’m late. Joonie will be waiting long.”

As soon as she arrive, she quickly goes into the Day Care. Her tired face slowly lit up a smile upon seeing her brother. He was playing with the kids. She sit at one of the couch to catch her breath.

“Sulli yaa, you are a bit late today.”

Min ahjumma who owns the Day Care heads to the couch that Sulli’s sitting.She turns to Min ahjumma and smile while nodding her head.

“The last class ended late ahjumma. I try to come here as fast as I could. I was worried if Joonie will throw tantrums like last time. It’s a relief he starts to bond with the kids.”

The little boy who heard his sister’s voice starting to walk to her. He hug his sister’s leg and held up his other hand asking her to lift him up. Sulli lovingly held her brother in her arms while showering him with kisses.

“ Now he will never go with anyone else Sulli. “

Sulli show her sweetest smile to Min ahjumma. All of her neighbourhood had aware of Joonie’s behavior. He will never go with anyone except Sulli. It took Min ahjumma a week before Joonie want to stay at the Day Care. Sulli is very grateful because Min ahjumma always show her patient towards her baby brother. In the early days, he don’t want to stay there. He keep crying and screaming for his noona. After a week there, Joonie had calm down a bit. But,whenever he heard Sulli’s voice, he will run to her at once.

“You had change a lot my dear. Your life will be better if Mrs Choi still alive. You don’t need to do all this Sulli. Joonie will also behave. He will not be grumpy like this.”

The girl’s smiling face change when Min ahjumma speak about her late mother. Sulli’s mother died 3 month ago after suffering from ovary cancer for 2 years. She don’t want to go through treatments because she doesn’t want her family to worry. When Sulli asks her about her pale feature, she says that she only feel tired. Sulli at that time still a little girl. How can she imagine that her mother’s paleness will lead to a serious disease that bring fatal.  They knew about it shortly before her mother died. Their life change, her life change. She change from a clumsy,playful little girl to a loving, responsible and strong sister. She have to. So that she can give enough care and love to Joonie. So that her father will be strong too. She needs to stand for her family, as her mother request.

“ Mianhamnida ahjumma. You had been through hard time to take care of Joonie.”

“Kenchana. I just pity you.”

“We will get going ahjumma. It’s getting late. I need to cook for dinner. Kamsahamnida.”

 

Sulli bow to Min ahjumma and walk out holding a bag with her left hand with Joonie on her right.

 

“Deh, be careful Sulli.”

Sulli’s house is located 2 blocks from the Day Care. She walks down the alley holding her three years old  brother’s hand tightly. It had been her everyday routine. Sulli watch her brother jump up and down when walking in amazement. Why would the toddler like him have worries. She smiles again.

“We had arrived Joonie ya. Lets remove your shoes first.”

Joonie just follow as Sulli says. He listens and do as his Noona says. He is a good boy. Sulli washes Joonie hand and bring him to the living room.

“ Stay here and watch cartoon okay. Noona need to cook for Joonie first.”

Joonie nods his head few times before sitting on the couch.Sulli opened the fridge and take out a box of peeled apple. She put the apple on top of the coffee table. Joonie took a slice of apple and eat it as he watch cartoon.

Sulli heads back to the kitchen and starts cooking. She finished cooking after half an hour. She went upstairs and bring down the laundry. She puts the laundry inside the washer and head to the living room.

“Joonie, let’s go to the park.”

The little boy jump in happiness. Like all children as his age, he loves playing in the park. They walk to the park that was near their house. Sulli let Joonie play with the slide and the swing. After 30 minutes, they walk home.

“ Joonie yaa, let’s take a bath. We can eat as soon as appa come back.”

“Deh Noona.”

Joonie runs to the bathroom in his room. Sulli removes his clothes and put him iside the tub.

“Noona, Joonie likes water. Joonie likes this duck.”

Little Joonie really like bath time. He can stay in his little bath tub for long. He loves playing with the duck and toys that Sulli put in the tub.

“ Ara. Noona knows you like it. But we need to bath quickly. Then only we can eat. Joonie hungry right?”

“Deh noona. Joonie is hungry.”

They had their dinner quietly that night. Mr Choi looked tired. He always work late after his wife’s death. He buried himself in works. But he didn’t neglects his duty towards his children. He needs to work hard because he wants Sulli to stay in Seoul with his sister in law.

“Appa, I can’t. Joonie will cry and look for me every night. He don’t want to sleep alone. He needs me.”

“Ara Sulli ah. Both you and Joonie will go. Your aunt will look after him while you at school. You both look alike. It will not be a problem for Joonie to stay with her.”

“How can I leave you appa. Omma is not here. Who will cook for you? Who will take care of your things? Who…?”

“Sulli. Don’t worry. Appa can take care of myself. You can’t be taking care of me all the time. You still young. You need a proper education. Go sulli. Listen to appa. They will take good care of you and Joonie.”

“Deh appa. When will we need to go?”

Mr Choi smiles. Sulli is a good daughter. She will listens to him and his wife since she was little. That’s how her wife educate their children.

“You will go next week Sulli. Appa will go to school and prepare for your transfer. Pack your important belongings. I will help you to pack Joonie’s things okay.”

“Deh appa.”

                                                                              ***

“I just got a week to see him playing. I hope he will be there today.”

Sulli whisper to herself. She was in her class. Some of her classmates already knew about her transferring but they didn’t say anything. Sulli sat silently. She will leave this school in a week. She had a lot of  friends, but she doesn’t have any close friends. That is why she didn’t feel heavy-hearted to leave them. She only feel burden to leave her father and ‘him’. Her first crush.

Sulli sat on a bench watching the seniors playing soccer during her break. She flip her book and try to read it. She glances at the field once in a while to search for that familiar face but she couldn’t see him. She close her book and walk back to her class.

“4 days to go.” She said.

                                                                              ***

“Choi Sulli, your transfer letter is out. You can collect it from the principal office now.” Her class teacher said to Sulli.

Sulli stands and walk out heading to the principal office. On her way there, she saw her crush walks at the end of the alley with his friend while limping. She got worried but she is too shy to ask. She calmed down her thumping heart and try to walk quickly passed him.

“What happen to his leg.” She speaks with herself.

                                                                              ***

“Miss Choi,why do you want to transfer? It is really a lost to this school. You are a bright and clever girl. We will miss you.”

“ My father wants me to stay with my aunt in Seoul Madam. She will be taking care of me and my brother. “

“Is it? I can understand. You must be suffer without your mom. I hope you will be fine there Miss Choi. Stay healthy and come visits once a while. Here is your letter. Give it to your new school’s principal.”

“Sure Madam. I will get going. Kamsahamnida.”

Sulli bow to her principal before going out of the office. She was walking before someone called her.

“ Student!”

She turn and saw her crush calling her. She walks slowly while her eyes fix to the ground.

“D..Ddeh.”

“Can you help me  to pick up my pen. I can’t bent down. I sprained my leg.”

Sulli crouch down and take the pen. She gives him the pen, bow to him and walk away quickly. She heard him calling her but she just continue to walk. She is satisfied with just hearing his voice. That is more than enough. She can’t ask for more. She will moves miles away from him. She afraid she will miss him more if they had longer conversation.

                                                                               ***

“Who is she?”

Minho is mumbling alone. The girl from yesterday really had capture his attention. His friend just laugh at his behavior. They were at their neighbourhood soccer field, watching the boys playing. Usually, they will joining them in field but not today. Minho had sprained his leg. So, they decided to be the audience.

“I can’t live like this? Why I didn’t see her face properly? Pabo. I should see properly. Aishh, if only I can run like always, I will chase after her."

The girl feature had caught Minho heart. He feel something when he first saw her face. Eventhough he can’t see properly, but he falls immediately for her.

Wearing a serious face,Minho turn to one of his friend.

“Should I try look for her?”

“Are you crazy? You want to look for a girl who you didn’t know in that big school?”

Lee Jinki, Minho’s best friend asked him. Jinki is 2 years older than Minho.

“Hyung, don’t shout. I know. But do you have any idea why she run away?”

“That’s what I’ve been thinking Minho yaa. Why did she run? This is the first time a girl run away from you without even having an eye contact. That’s new.”

“ I don’t know hyung.”

“Maybe she is one of your fan. She run away after seeing your condition. Maybe she think that you are useless now. Hahaha.”

“Yah hyung. I will be fine in few days. Don’t tease me.”

Lee Jinki just laugh while Minho still wondering about the girl.  He make decided to find the girl at school. He need to know who she is. He have to know.

“Hyung, let’s go home. I need to rest my leg in warm water.”

“Okay. Kaja.”

They were walking slowly along the road side. While passing the playground, Minho saw the familiar back of a girl. He know exactly who is the girl.

“Hyung, it’s her.”

It’s the girl from yesterday. It’s the girl who ran away from him. He know it’s her. Although she is in jeans and T-shirt, he can still recognise her from the back, he still remember how smooth and silky her hair was.

“Who?”

Jinki was clueless. He just follow Minho's direction, copying his small steps towards the playground.

                                                                                    ***

“Joonie. Let’s go home. It’s late.”

“Deh Noona. We can come back tomorrow right?”

“Sure Joonie. Tomorrow will be our last day.”

Sulli lift Joonie up and held him in her arm. Joonie giggle happily. She walk out from the playground while humming a children song. Little Joonie clapping as his sister hum. Suddenly, a voice called Sulli from behind.

“Student.Wait.”