Preparation

Be My Wife

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Park and Shinhye was resting at the hall after their dinner.

“Waeyo dear? Why are you pouting?”

“Sulli can’t be here for Minho’s wedding.”

“Waeyo?”

“Molla.”

“Why didn’t you ask her dear?”

“I can’t. She is in a hurry.”

“Maybe she have something to do with her school job. Kenchana. We can always introduce Minho’s wife to her later.”

Shinhye slump her shoulder and sigh.

“Deh.”

“Eomonim.”

They turn simultaneously at the voice. Yonghwa was standing at the door, smiling at them. Shinhye quickly turn her view from him and sit up straight. Mrs. Park shakes her head before walking to Yonghwa.

“How are you my boy? It’s been long since your last visit.”

Yonghwa smiles and hugs Mrs. Park. Mrs. Park releases her hug and pats his shoulder.

“I’m bit busy eomonim. See, I got thinner.”

“Yeh. You look thin dear.”

“Where is abeoji?”

“Business trip as usual Yong.”

“Ah.”

“Sit down dear. I’ll make you delicious coffee.”

“Deh eomonim.”

Yonghwa take a seat besides Shinhye. He chuckle when Shinhye did not even care to look at him.

“How are you my lovely bestfriend?”

“Fine.”

Shinhye answers stuttering.

“Yah. Be natural. Don’t act like I had done a terrible mistake. Forget what I said if that is the only way for you to be my old Shinnie.”

Shinhye turn to Yonghwa.

“Give me a bit more time to think about it Yongie.”

Yonghwa smiles. He held Shinhye’s hand and caress it with his thumb.

“Take all the time that you want but please don’t distance yourself from me.”

Shinhye smiles.

“Deh. I won’t again chingu ya.”

“What’s going on here? Any occasion?”

Mrs. Park came with a cup of coffee. She put it in front of Yonghwa and sit on one of the couch.

“Mom. No coffee for me?”

Shinhye pouts. Mrs. Park laughs at her daughter.

“You usually share it right?”

“Ani, I won’t share it. Eomonim’s coffee is rare.”

Yonghwa said and sips his coffee. He then stuck his tongue out at Shinhye.

“Yongie. You are being stingy.”

“Ara.”

“Mom.”

“Aigoo. Stops bickering. I had made your coffee. Go take it yourself.”

“Chinca? Mom is jjang.”

Shinhye ran to the kitchen and came back with her cup of coffee. She stuck her tongue at Yonghwa and sat beside Mrs. Park. Mrs. Park laughs at their childishness.

“So Yong, what brings you here this late?”

“Minho asks me to be his man of honor because Jinki hyung injured his leg. He tells me to go with Shin for fitting.”

“Ah. Is it?”

“Deh eomonim.”

Shinhye drinks her coffee and look at Yonghwa.

“ When will you be free?”

“Tomorrow at 3.00 p.m. I got time till night.”

“Okay. I’m free. Let’s go. Fetch me neh.”

“Okay madam.”

Yonghwa laugh and finishes his coffee. He then stands up and excuse himself.

“That was soon.”

“Yes eomonim. I just want to ask that.”

Mrs. Park shakes her head.

“You can always call dear.”

“Kenchana. I didn’t visit for long. I miss you eomonim.”

Mrs. Park smiles at Yonghwa sweetness.

“Alright Yong. Drive safely neh.”

“Deh. I’ll take my leave. Good night eomonim, Shin.”

“Goodnight Yong.”

Mrs. Park answers. Shinhye stands up and walk to him.

“I’ll see him to his car mom.”

“Deh. I’ll go to my room first neh. Wear you jacket.”

“Okay mom.”

                                                                                              ***

“Sulli. You have too take wedding pictures tomorrow right?”

Sulli’s aunt ask when they were having lunch.

“Deh aunt Nana.”

“Will Minho fetch you?”

“Ani, he will go there first. Appa will send me.”

“Ah. What did Shinhye said when you said can’t make it to Minho’s wedding?”

“She looks sad aunt. Poor unni. But Oppa wants to make it a surprise, so I just go with it.”

“Aigoo. My Sulli will become doted wife. Look how you listens to him now.”

Sulli blush.

“Omo. Omo. My little bride to be is shy.”

“Don’t too much Nana ya. Poor my little girl.”

Sulli’s dad said as he walks down from his room.

“Ani brother in-law. I just a bit. See how pretty our baby is when she shy.”

Mr. Choi took a seat on the table.

“Where is my bowl?”

“I’ll take it. Wait for a while neh. I forgot to put it as I always eat lunch with Sulli alone.”

Aunt Nana walks to the kitchen. Mr. Choi smiles at Sulli.

“My daughter.”

“Deh appa?”

“Are you ready?”

“Deh?”

“Tomorrow is the start of your new life. You will getting married in two weeks. Have you prepared yourself?”

“Yeh appa. I’ve prepared.”

“It feel awkward for me to say all this. This supposed to be done by your omma.”

“Kenchana appa. You are my appa and omma now. I’m glad you are here for my wedding.”

Mr. Choi nods at his daughter. Sulli’s aunt came with a bowl of rice and a pair of chopcticks.

“Here you go.”

“Kamsahamnida. Let’s eat.”

“Deh.”

They eat silently and talks once in a while.

After they finishes their lunch, Mr. Choi went out to meet his old friends.

Sulli and her aunt were resting in the living room. Sulli was reading a magazines while aunt Nana watches her favourite drama.

“Sulli ya, when will Joonie’s class finish?”

“4.30. Waeyo?”

“Let me fetch him today. You stay here and take a good rest so that your picture will come out beautifully tomorrow.”

“Deh aunt Nana.”

“Have you recheck your gown?”

“Deh. I’ve check it with ahjumma.”

“Practice calling her omma dear, she will be your mother in-law soon.”

“Deh.”

“What about your shoes.”

Sulli laugh at her aunt’s unended question.

“It’s perfectly suits my gown aunt Nana.”

She smiles sheepishly.

“Am I too worried Sulli ya?”

Sulli nods.

“Ottoke? It’s my daughter who will get married. How can I not be anxious right Sulli.”

Sulli smiles tenderly at her aunt. She took her hand and hold it tight.

“Gomawo aunt, for letting me live here, for taking care of me and Joonie, for treating us like your own, for giving us a complete family. I’m so thankful. I don’t know how can I repay all your kindness.”

“Sulli ya. Waegurae? Don’t talk like that. You and Joonie are my sister’s children. And that makes you mine too. I was the one that must thank you and your appa. You let me taste the life of being a mother. I’m happy Sulli ya.”

Sulli’s aunt smiles and pats her hair. Sulli hugs her aunt tightly. She was so thankful. Being in this house brings her many happiness that totally change her life.

First, she met Shinhye that loves her dearly.

Second, she mets Minho again and spends lots of sweet times with him.

Lastly, her aunt arranges her marriage with Minho that she can’t believe it until this day.

All of these seems like a dream but it really happen.

It’s happening here in Seoul. She can’t even dream of being Minho’s wife back there in Busan. She will still love him from afar, but here, she can proudly be Minho’s wife in two weeks time.

“Gomawo aunt Nana. Deeply from my heart. I’m really grateful.”

“Alright. Alright. You are welcome. Happy?”

Suli nods and grin.

“Deh. So happy.”

                                                                              ***

Shinhye sat on the couch crossing her leg while waiting for Yonghwa to test his suits.

“How about this one?”

Shinhye shakes her head for the 4th time. Yonghwa starts to feel irritates.

“Yah. I’m not picking wedding suit. I will only stands by him. Don’t you think you are being too choosy?”

“Yongie. We should find the one that was most suitable and comfortable to wear. The first and second one is too old fashion, and this colour did not suit you at all.”

“Shin, just what colour should my suit be?”

Shinhye thinks for a while, then she stands up and grin. Yonghwa point his finger to Shinhye a bit threatening.

“Don’t say pink.”

Shinhye laugh at his words.

“Ani Yongie. How can I choose pink? Let’s go with white.”

Yonghwa look at his suit before he shifts his view to Shinhye.

“But black is more manly.”

Shinhye glare at Yonghwa. He sigh and nods.

“Yeh. We go with your choice.”

“Good boy!”

Shinhye claps her hand and selects a suits. Yonghwa change into it and pose in front of her.

“Okay. We will go with this one.”

“At last. Why don’t you make the choice from the beginning?”

Shinhye grin widely while Yonghwa shakes his head and went inside the changing room. Few minutes later he come out and gives the suit to Shinhye.

She then turn her head to the boutique assistant and gives her the suit.

“We will take this one miss.”

“Okay. We will pack it for you.”

“Thanks.”

The worker smiles and nods before she heads to the counter.

“It’s been long since I went out shopping with you. I thought you had change your way of shopping.”

Yonghwa said when they were walking to a restaurant.

Shinhye laugh.

“Yongie, that’s how women shops. We will select carefully before buying, so that we won’t regret it later.”

“Right.”

“Don’t be so petty, you have to accompany your wife in future. Will you let her go by herself?”

Shinhye laugh and continue walking slowly. Suddenly Yonghwa stops walking.

“Waegurae?”

Yonghwa turns to her and smiles.

“I’m not getting married unless my bride is you.”

He ruffles her hair and walk ahead. Shinhye heart starts racing. She put her hand on her chest and look at Yonghwa who was walking ahead.

“Why are you being like this? You never beat this fast before. Did I really had fallen for my bestfriend?”

“Shin. Are you coming?”

Shinhye stops thinking when she heard Yonghwa’s voice. She calm down herself before she walks faster to Yonghwa.

                                                                                              ***

Minho was waiting for Sulli who was readied herself for the wedding pictorial.

“Sorry sir, the bride will take longer to get ready.”

Minho smiles to the worker.

“Kenchana. I had waited for her since 8 years ago. I can wait.”

The employee smiles and put down a glass of water. She bows to him before excusing herself.

“How pretty will you be my Sulli?”

Minho thought smiling.

Around 30 minutes later, Sulli came out wearing a beautiful white wedding dress. The dress perfectly suits the curves of her body and enhances her beauty. Minho was stunned.

The middle aged designer smiles at Minho.

“Your bride is beautiful right?”

Minho who was still in a dazed answers her without blinking his eyes.

“She is beyond that. She is a goddess.”

Sulli blushed. This is the first time Minho praised her beauty. Many people had said about her natural beauty. Shinhye too always said that she has the perfect face body to be a model but hearing she is beautiful from her loved one makes Sulli’s heart flutters. She smiles while lowering her head, hiding her blushed face.

“So, are you going to stare at each other all day long young man?”

The designer taps Minho’s shoulder and smiles. He rubs his nape shyly.

“Ani, let’s take the pictures now neh Sulli.”

“Deh Oppa.”

They took pictures landscaping many beautiful places in Seoul. They travel to many different places. The photoshoot ended after 5 hours.

“Sulli ya, are you tired?”

Minho asked Sulli who was leaning her back on the couch while closing her eyes. They had changes into their casual wear. Sulli open her eyes and smiles at Minho.

“Deh. Little tired. I don’t know that a photoshoot will be this tiring.”

Minho smiles and walks to her. He sat beside her and took her head and lean it to his shoulder. Sulli harden her body as she was shocked with his action.

“Relax. Just rest for a while. We will leave after half an hour. I’ll wake you up.”

“Deh.”

Sulli relax herself and lean comfortably on Minho’s shoulder. She drifted to sleep a few seconds later. Minho links his fingers to hers and smiles. After a while, Minho lean his head backward and closed his eyes. They sleep soundly.

“Sir.”

Sulli stir when she heard the voice. She slowly lift her head from Minho’s shoulder trying to not wake him up. Minho who feel she moves flicked open his eyes. The worker smiles at them.

“You asked me to wake you up in 30 minutes.”

“Yeh. Kamsahamnida.”

She bow and walk away. Minho turn his head to Sulli and caress her long hair with his left hand.

“Let’s go home neh.”

“Deh.”

Sulli blush when she noticed her hand in Minho’s. She tried to pull it slowly but Minho hold it tighter.

“Let’s go home.”

He smiles and pulls Sulli with him. Sulli grab her handbag and follows his footsteps smiling.