The Tough Decision

Be My Wife

 

 

 

 

“Sorry noona, hyung. I was the one who asked Sulli to keep this from you. Do you like this surprise?”

Minho grinned widely. Shinhye glare at him while crossing her arms. Yonghwa lean his body to the wall. Minho and Sulli had greeted the guests and explain the situation to the elders.

“Minho ya. Why did you do this? I always imagine to beautified my dongsaeng when she is getting married. You had shattered my dreams.”

Shinhye said pretending to be mad.

“Why I didn’t realise that the bride was you? I was standing so close.”

Yonghwa said while crooking his mouth to the side.

“Unni. Mianhe. “

Sulli said in low voice bow her head down. Shinhye lift her head and smiles to Sulli. She feels guilty for making Sulli sad.

“Kenchana new bride. I’m just sad because you keep it from me. Deep down in my heart, I always pray for you to be together so that you can always be my dongsaeng. I thought that it will never happen when Minho is arranged to marry someone else. I’m so glad that the girl was you Sulli ya. You are mature enough to change this baby.”

Shinhye said and pinch Minho’s ear. He cringed in pain.

“Aish noona. It’s my wedding day. Please be more gentle.”

“Why should I?  You keep such a huge thing from us. We will be the happiest person if you told us earlier.”

“Yeah. You know how she acts in the car? Asking me many questions to the stage I need to plug in my earphone.”

“Yah.”

Shinhye slaps Yonghwa’s arm a bit hard. He shouts in pain and rubs his arm.

“Aigoo. Bad Shinhye has appeared.”

Yonghwa said and earn another slap from her.

Sulli laugh heartily at them. Minho turn his view to his wife and stare at her in amusement. It was the first time Sulli laugh like that in front of him.

Shinhye laugh and look at Sulli.

“Sulli ya. I think that I had heard your real name before but I can’t remember. Mom also said that she had heard it too. I nearly forgot your real name is Jinri for having called you Sulli all the time.”

Shinhye said and caress Sulli’s cheek.

“But where did my handsome Joonie go?”

“He came in after me unni. it was all Oppa’s idea. He wants to surprise you more.”

“Yah, save it for later.”

Yonghwa said and pats Minho’s shoulder. His cheek turns slight red for having caught red-handed by Yonghwa. Shinhye and Sulli turn their attention to the men. They can’t decipher what happening between them.

Shinhye nudge Yonghwa’s arm.

“Wae?”

“Nothing. Let’s leave them alone. They need to greet the others too. Let’s eat something. I’m hungry.”

Yonghwa said and rubs his stomach. Shinhye laugh at his actions.

“Deh kaja. Be happy my dongsaengie.”

They walk away to the buffet.

“Sulli.”

“Deh Oppa.”

“Are you happy?”

“Deh?”

“Kenchana. We will go through anything ahead together neh.”

He took Sulli’s hand and hold it. Sulli nods and smiles.

“Let’s greet the others.”

“Deh.”

                                                                                              ***

“Yongie. I am really happy.”

Shinhye said while placing her hands on the side of her cheek.

“Six times.”

Yonghwa answers while shoving the food in his mouth.

“Deh?”

“You had told me six time since we sit here.”

Shinhye smiles sheepishly.

“Am I? Mian. I’m just too happy.”

“Yeh. I understand.”

“Many unexpected things happen in our lives right Yongie?”

“Hmm.”

“Are you bored?”

“I’m hungry.”

Yonghwa shoves his food in his mouth again,

“Yah. Slow down. You will choke. No one wants to steal your food.”

“Ara. I’m just too hungry. I did not eat last night. I got loads of works to be done. I didn’t sleep too. On top of that, my precious parents went for their world tour for 2 months a week ago. No one can cook for me.”

Shinhye stare at Yonghwa. He did look tired. Maybe that is the reason he did not pay attention to the bride’s father earlier. He is tired, but still he did not decline Minho’s request to be his best man. Shinhye smiles.

“But still you have to eat on time. Don’t skip it too often. You will fall sick.”

“This month is too busy Shinnie. It’s nearly the end of the year right.”

“Deh. Just do it moderately.”

“Arasseo. I’ll try.”

Yonghwa smiles and eat slower. Shinhye stare at him and sigh.

Yonghwa was a hard-headed boy when they were still in school. On her first day, he often heard students talk about him and how he only acts and do things to his liking. He doesn’t listen to anybody even teachers. He treats his fan girls coldly too.

Mrs. Jung had told her that she is the first girl that Yonghwa introduces to his parents. She often said that Yonghwa respects her for being strong. She was his role model to succeed in studies. He is genius, but he doesn’t want to pay his attention to studies at all.

“You changed him.”

Mr. Jung once said to her.

“Why did you said that appa?”

“He shows more interests in his studies nowadays. Before this, he only focuses on soccer all day long. I don’t know he got that hobby from whom. I know that playing sports is healthy but focuses on it too much will brings effects to him. You know that he is our only son, we want him to succeed in school too. Maybe we pampered him too much.”

Mr. Jung laugh.

“After he befriend with you, he starts decreasing his passion to soccer. He did it moderately.”

“Maybe because he spends more time with a bookworm make him reads too appa.”

Shinhye smiles.

“Whatever the reason is, I’m happy that he met someone like you Shinhye.”

Shinhye sigh when she remember Mr. Jung’s words. She shift her view to the guest that were chatting with each other before looking at Yonghwa who was focusing on his food.

“I love you. But do you really love me?”

Shinhye thought. She can’t stop thinking whether Yonghwa is serious with his feeling for her. What will happen if he did not love her? What if he said that to lessen her pain? She can’t really get him. For knowing him this long, Shinhye can understand what he want to say simply by watching his actions. But, she can’t tell what is going on in his mind right now.

“Yongie, what are you thinking right now?”

“What do you mean?”

“Ani. I’m just asking.”

Yonghwa stops eating and wipes his mouth with a napkin.

“I was thinking about the work load in the office. See, I got panda eyes for not having enough sleep these few days.”

“Nothing else than that?”

“Wae Shin? You acts weird. What do you think I’m thinking right now?”

Yonghwa smiles and drank his juice. Shinhye shakes her head.

“Ani.”

“You hid something from me hun. Spit it out.”

Shinhye was hesitating. Yonghwa realized that and laugh.

“Kenchana. Keep it by yourself. I won’t force you to tell me.”

Yonghwa stands up. Shinhye look at him confusedly.

“Is he mad?”

She thought.

“Yongie, where are you going?”

“Join them. What will the elders say if we keep sitting here throughout the party.”

“Oh.”

“What’s with oh Shin? Come on.”

“Deh.”

Shinhye stands and straighten her dress before following Yonghwa’s steps.

“Have you eaten dear?”

Mrs. Park asked them as soon as they went to her side.

“I’m full eomonim, Shinhye did not eat at all. She was too happy.”

Yonghwa laugh. Shinhye smiles and link her hand to Mrs. Park.

“Where is the newly-wed couple mom?”

Mrs. Park pointed to Minho and Sulli who were talking to Minho’s friends. She nods and lean her head to Mrs. Park shoulder.

“Wae dear. Are you not feeling well?”

“Ani mom.”

“Eomonim, I will join the men there.”

Yonghwa said while pointing to his circle of friends.

Mrs. Park nods and smiles.

“Mom.”

Shinhye turn to her mom as soon as Yonghwa left.

“Yes dear.”

“If I choose to be his girlfriend, will I be happy mom?”

Mrs. Park hold Shinhye’s hand and turn his view to Yonghwa.

“Look at him. Can you count how many time he glance at our side as he speak with them?”

Copying her mom, Shinhye turn her view to Yonghwa too. He was looking at them more than at his friends.

“He is sincere with his feeling. When you stay together, did he ever touch you?”

Shinhye shakes her head.

“I always wanted him to be your boyfriend from the first time you brought him to our house.”

“Chinca? Wae mom?”

“I know he is a nice guy. Why do you think your dad let him stay with you when you were studying in Yonsei?”

“Because he is my best friend.”

“Ani. It’s because he trusted him. Shinnie, you know  your dad did not trust people easily right. Even if he is your best friend, he is still a man. Your dad won’t be that careless for letting you, his precious little girl live alone with any man. He must have thought thoroughly before he asked him to stay with you.”

Shinhye sigh and look at her mother.

“What should I do mom?”

“Think carefully.Running away from your problem is a race that you will never win. Remember what I said. I’ll support you in whatever choice you make. Don’t stress yourself out."

Mrs. Park pats Shinhye's hand. Shinhye nods.

"Smile. it’s Sulli’s big day. You should not be showing that expression.”

“Deh mom.”

 

 

 

 

What's next?

Will there be a Honeymoon for Minsul?

When will Shinhye gives her answers?

Until the next chapter chingus.

Have a nice day. ^_^