New Friend

Be My Wife

It is 7.00 in the morning. He stood there waiting patiently for the person he miss for about a week. He was absent from school for five days. His parent only let him go to school after he fit to run, not wanting he suffer like before anymore. For a week, he did not even got the chance to step out of his house. Yesterday, Jinki told him that he can’t find any sign of Sulli at their neighbourhood playground.

“I can’t find her Minho. Maybe she is too busy.”

“Really hyung. I really wanted to see her again.”

“If I can skip college, I will help you search for her in your school but you know I can’t.”

“It’s okay hyung. I’ll find her myself. You had done enough for me.”

Minho walk to the bench not far from the entrance. He sat there without diverting his eyes from the entrance, afraid he will missed her. He waited there for about an hour. He was disappointed when there was no sign of Sulli entering the front gate. Smiling,Minho thought something.

“Maybe she was early. I’ll look for her at her class later.”

Whistling, the boy jogs to his class.

                                                                              ***

“Anyeong Sulli ssi. I’m shinhye and this is Yonghwa. You will be joining our team for the Joseon History project. You know about it right. “

Bowing her head few times Sulli introduce herself.

“Anyeonghaseyo sunbaenim. I’m Choi Sulli from class 4S. I was new to this school. It was nice meeting you.”

Sulli still look to the ground. She didn’t dare to raise her head. She was afraid. She heard many rumors about Park Shinhye from her classmates after her teacher announced that she will be working with Shinhye’s group. She is a scary unni. Some says.

“Sure Sulli ah. Just call me unni. Be comfortable. We will have an exciting month together right Yonghwa.”

“Yes we will. Shin, I need to go now.”

“Yong. I’ve told you to stay with us throughout this discussion right? Where do you think you are going?”

“I’m sorry Shinnie. This is really important.”

Turning to Sulli, Yonghwa continue.

“ You won’t mind right transfer student?”

“Deh? Deh, kenchana.” witout raising her head a bit,Sulli answered with a low voice.

“You heard her Shin. Please omma. Just this once. I promise I will stay with you till the end in the next discussion. Please pleaseee…”

“Aishh this guy. Arraseo just go.”

Sulli smiles when she heard their conversation. She never had a male best friend. Watching her sunbaenim having a little argument makes her happy.

“Mianhe Sulli. He is such a busy person. You heard about him right? He got a lot of fans around school.Maybe one of your classmates had told you about him.”

Shinhye laugh after she reasons about Yonghwa.

“Yes. My classmates had told me about Yonghwa sunbaenim and you too.”

“Sulli, look at me when you speaks. Don’t look down all the time. People will step on you if you continue doing that.”

Sulli raise her head little by little. She look at Shinhye nervously.

“Are you afraid of me? You said that your classmates had told you about me. I bet it wasn’t nice ones.”

Sulli was shocked. She look at Shinhye’s calm face that look at her tenderly. Her fear for her disappear when Shinhye smiles and tap her head.

“You are such an adorable girl Sulli ya.Now tell me what they say. I won’t be mad.”

Shinhye smiles again. Looking at Shinhye’s warm smile, Sulli starts to talk a bit comfortable.

“When the teacher ask us who wants to be pair with Yonghwa’s sunbaenim group, all my classmates raise their hands. But after she told that the group will include you, they don’t want. I was confuse. The teacher said that you are an excellent student, why did they refuse being in a group with you. Then teacher call out my name to be in your group. I agree at once because it was a great opportunity to work with great student. When the class ended, one of my classmate came to me and  tell many worse things about you.”

Sulli pause and look at Shinhye still smiling face.

“Don’t you feel sad unni?“

“Ani. I had gone through the same for years. Since my first year here.”

“May I know what is the reason unni? They seem to dislike you.” Sulli asks nervously.

“Sure my dear. We have about half an hour before my class start. But, what about you? Do you have time?”

“My class also will start after an hour unni.”

“Alright, i bet we need to discuss about the project other time.Let’s go there. We can talk comfortably.”

They walk to a table under a shady tree. Shinhye and Sulli sats next to each other.

“I was like you in the beginning Sulli. Too shy to lift my head to anyone. I walk with my head looking to the ground. I was being bullied by many especially seniors. Yonghwa is the only one that stands by my side everytime. One day, I made my mind that I want to be strong. How can I always depend on him. My parents also always worried for me. I apply for prefect, I was accepted. I change from a shy girl to a strict prefect. I never gave any chances to anyone who breaks the rules. I wear my serious face everytime. I will only smile and laugh when I’m with Yonghwa. I want to make friends but this school never let me to because they never want to be friend with transfer student. You are lucky to have a friend on your first week Sulli. “

She smile at Sulli, showing how strong she is to survive in this school.

“I go through the same thing with you too unni. On my first day, I was splashed with water while using the toilet. They always shows hatred when I walk besides them. Maybe it’s their tradition. We never treat transfer student like this in Busan.”

“You are from Busan?”

“Deh unni. Waeyo?”

“Ani. Nothing. I just remember someone in Busan. Maybe it has to do with a transfer student before us. Who knows. I just don't want to dig the root of their attitude. They just treat girl like this. They never treat boys bad. Anyways,let's just drop the hurt topic Sulli ya. Nothing is going to change here. We just need to work it by ourselves. Just be strong. Since you are new, you can look for me anytime you want neh.”

“Kamsahamnida unni. You are a very nice person. I was so afraid when I was walking to the meeting room earlier. They say that you was scary, you will scold me even if I look at Yonghwa sunbaenim.”

“Ahh that’s why you never look at him.”

“Deh. I’m afraid.”

Shinhye just laugh at Sulli’s explanation.

“Sulli ya. The one that tell you must be Yonghwa’s fan. His fans hate me. The reason mainly because he will always run to me when they surrounded him.”

“Is it unni? There is also a popular boy in my former school. Many likes him and always surrounded him. I guess it is the same in here.”

“That’s why I dislike hot guy. I will get hatred from everyone. By the way Sulli, who do you live with here in Seoul? Did your family moved here?”

“No unni. I live with my aunt. My mother just passed away a few month ago. Appa ask me to live here so that my aunt can help me to take care of my baby brother.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that Sulli.”

“Kenchana unni. I had adapted to it. Before she dies, she told me to be strong many times. I need to be strong for my brother. He is still little. He does not even know what had happen.”

“You are a very good daughter Sulli. If it was me, I think I had gone crazy. I was so close to my mom. I can never imagine my life without her.”

“I' was the same unni. But, this is life. We have to accept what has written for us. We cannot challenge the fate.”

“You are right Sulli. How I miss talking heart to heart with a girl like this. If it is Yonghwa, his answer will be just no and yes. “

Sulli laugh. For the first time after her mother death, she laugh heartily. Shinhye make her laugh. Her classmate was wrong when she says that Shin hye is an arrogant girl. She is great. Her heart is as beautiful as her face. she didn’t even get mad when Sulli says something to correct her way of thinking.

“Urm unni.”

“Wae Sulli?”

“Can you be my friend? I really like you.”

Feeling overwhelmed, Shinhye smiles widely.

“Sure Sulli ya. It’s my pleasure. You are the first girl friend that I got from this school.”

Shinhye was delighted. She is right when she think that Sulli will get along with her perfectly. She pulls Sulli into a bear hug. Sulli hugs her back with smile plasters on her face. She got a new friend. A good friend indeed.

“I will treat you like my dongsaeng Sulli ya. I’m so happy.”

“Me too unni. It’s an honour to me. You just met me an hour ago but you want to treat me as your sister. You are truly an angel.”

“Don’t praise me to much Sulli ya. I’m your unni. Drop the formality.”

“Sure unni.”

“Let’s get back to our classes. Wait for me here during break okay. We will eat together.”

“Is it okay with Yonghwa sunbaenim?”

“It is sure okay Sulli. Don’t be afraid of him. He won’t bite.”

They laugh and walk towards their classes after a little goodbye. Sulli was happy. She smiles all the way to her class.

“Shinhye unni is a good friend.I guess I can forget about you someday Minho oppa.”

 

 

 

 

 

A very big SORRY to all of you. i was so busy during this weekend.

I need to attend many wedding invitation of friends and relatives.

Once again Sorry to all readers.

Kamsahamnida for your patience.