Project Ended

Be My Wife

“Shinhye and Yonghwa, congratulation, once again you did not disappointing me in your teamwork. The senior teachers praised your perfect job. And my congratulation goes to you too Sulli. Even though you are still new, you show me that you are good.”

They was at the teacher’s room after school session, sitting in front of their history teacher. It was Shinhye who speak on behalf of them.

“Thank you madam. We done our very best in this project since it will show our school’s reputation. Sulli also help a lot.”

Shinhye turn to Sulli on her right and they smile.

“I help a lot too madam.”

“That’s good Yonghwa. I think you had gain your senses.”

They laugh when Yonghwa show his irritated face.

“I’m just joking boy. I know you are reliable.”

Yonghwa irritated face lit up a smile when he heard the teacher’s compliments.

“Thanks Madam.”

“Now only you want to thank me huh? Alright, all of you can go home now. There is nothing more that I want to say.”

“Okay madam. Thank you.”

“Deh. You had work hard.”

After bowing to their teacher,they left the teacher’s room.

“Shin, are you staying at school again today?”

“What with that question Yong. Of course I am. Like usual.”

Yonghwa stop on his track and turns to Shinhye and Sulli.

“That’s good. Come watch me train. Finally I can train today. Come huh Shin.”

“Do you want to come along Sulli? It was fun.”

Sulli nervously look at Yonghwa face. He doesn’t look annoyed or angry when Shinhye ask her.

“Just come deh Sulli. I never watch soccer with girl friend. Joonie is not here right?”

Joonie was on a trip to Hong Kong with Sulli’s aunt. So, she is alone at home for 3 days starting from yesterday.

“Come on Sulli. Don’t let your beloved unni cry here.”

Yonghwa smiles at Sulli. She was shocked. It is the first time she saw Yonghwa smile to her. He never smiles to any girl except Shinhye. That’s what Shinhye said to her when she ask her  before.

“Can I sunbaenim?”

Yonghwa just nod his head and look at Shinhye.

“Now you can’t say no right Shinnie? See both of you in 30 minutes.”

Yonghwa ran,leaving the two girls behind. Still looking shocked, Sulli shakes Shinhye’s hand. This made Shinhye stops from her walks and look at Sulli.

“Unni, he smiles.”

“Wae you so shock Sulli ya? Was it abnormal that he smiles? He can smile whenever he wants right?”

“That’s not what I meant unni. He never smile to me before. I saw him smile but only to you.”

Shinhye laugh at Sulli’s words. Yonghwa has told him that he will protect Sulli just like he protect her before.

“I’m strict to her because I want her to be brave. She needs to held her chin up. I want her to be independent. I’m not bullying her Shinnie. Your dongsaeng will be mine too. How could I bully my dongsaeng? And I don’t want my dongsaeng be their victim.”

That was Yonghwa answer when Shinhye scold him about his seriousness towards Sulli. Sulli was so scared of Yonghwa. She does not even raise her head when they were eating together. But Yonghwa’s reason was enough for her to respect him more. He is a true friend. He is protective when needed.

“He has reason dear. Don’t think too much about it neh. He will smile more to you from now on. Now, kaja.”

“Deh unni.”

                                                                                              ***

“Sulli ya, do you want to spend the night in my house?”

“Can I unni? I always stay at your house. Won’t it be inconvenient for you and mom?”

Sulli called Shinhye’s mom as her too. Mrs Park really adored Sulli. She is a nice girl. She really show her respect to others. Mrs Park treats Sulli like her  unborn  daughter.She had became Shinhye’s little sister. After knowing about Sulli’s mother, Mrs Park show a lot of concern to Sulli. She really pity the fragile girl for having that big hardship in her small age.

“Your sister is my daughter right Shinnie? So Sulli, call me mom neh. Don’t be shy. You will be one of my daughter from now on.”

Shinhye smiles when she remember her mom.

“You know mom will be please if you stay. Come on Sulli ya. We can have girls talk all night long.”

“Alright unni. I’ll go after I take my clothes first.”

“Let’s go together neh. You don’t need to call your aunt driver.”

“Deh unni.”

“I’m going to buy some drinks for him. Do you want anything Sulli?”

“Kenchana unni. I’m okay.”

“Deh arasseo. I won’t be long. Yonghwa’s training will end soon. Wait here neh.”

Sulli just nod her head. She watch the soccer match smiling. Watching the game make her remember that important person.

“ I really miss you Minho Oppa.”

“Looks like you two are having fun?”

Sulli’s dream was interrupted with Yonghwa’s voice. She looks at Yonghwa while keeping her head low.

“ Thanks Sulli. I never had the chance to thank you before.”

She never been with Yonghwa alone like this. She was nervous. She fill up her courage to look at Yonghwa’s face. Then, she began talking.

“Why do you have to thank me sunbaenim? I didn’t do anything.”

“Yes you do. You make her smiles a lot nowadays. I get to see my bestfriends sweet smile often now.”

“Is it me who make unni smiles a lot sunbaenim? Not Jaejoong sunbae?”

“Hyung was one of the reason, but they did not declare their relationship openly. Even after they became couple, she still put that serious face everytime. We can only see her smile after school. You know the reason right?”

“Yes. Unni had told me before.”

“That’s why I have to thank you Sulli. You are the first girl who wants to be close to her without any hidden intention. Gomawo.”

Yonghwa show his sincere smile to Sulli before he added.

“Don’t be scared of me. I’m not mad at you to begin with. Shin had told me about your scaredness. I’m just protecting you as a brother. This how a brother will act to his sister right?”

Yonghwa chuckled when he sees Sulli’s innocent face. She still try to figure out about what had happen. It was too sudden for her. Yesterday, she was looking at a strict and serious looking Yonghwa. Today, he was smiling at her. Knowing what she think, Yonghwa laugh.

“I will smile a lot at you after this. So, stop thinking.”

Lowering her head,Sulli answers Yonghwa with a simple yes. Yonghwa laugh at her action  and run to the centre of the field to continue his training.

“Am I late Sulli?”

“Deh? Deh unni. Sunbaenim had continue his training again.”

“Really? Oh, poor him. The nearest machine doesn’t work, so I need to go far. Is he scolding me? Just tell me, I won’t tell him.”

“No unni.”

“If it is a no, why did you eyes not moving from the front chair?”

“Unni, sunbae talk to me.”

“Is he? That’s good. Omo. Did he hurt your feeling with his word again? Aish this boy really need a round of scolding from me. Wait until he come here.”

“It’s not that unni. He talk to me differently. He uses low tone. He even thank me for being your friend unni.”

Sulli turn to Shinhye smiling cutely.

“You are so lucky unni. Yonghwa sunbae care a lot for you. You even have the most understanding boy friend. Your life must be wonderful.”

“ I am happy Sulli. And one of the reason includes you.”

Shinhye pinch Sulli’s nose lovingly. She loves doing that to her. Sulli smiles at her unni. Shinhye stands and walk towards Yonghwa with his drinks leaving Sulli spacing out.

“My life will be wonderful like Shinhye unni if I have you. But it will never happen. It is impossible.”

                                                                                              ***

“Keep it down Minho yaa. Don’t strain your leg. It just recover right.”

“Kenchana coach. I’m okay.”

“But you must rest once in a while.”

“Deh coach, I will.”

The coach left him and walk out of the field. Minho look up to the sky and sigh. He then whisper to himself.

“I need to train really hard so that I can meet you Sulli. I hope I will find you. Wait for me Sulli.”

                                                                                              ***

“How does the food taste dear?”

Shinhye, Mrs. Park and Sulli were having dinner. They were shopping for Chritsmas that morning. Shinhye ask Sulli to come along since she had nothing to do.

“ It’s good mom. You really are a good cook.”

“Is it? Thanks Sulli ya. Eat more neh.”

“Deh mom. Kamsahamnida.”

“You are so adorable and kind Sulli ya. Your parents must be proud of you.”

Sulli bow her head, smiles to Mrs. Park and continues eating. Mrs. Park was right, Sulli’s mom always taught her to be kind to anyone even if she does not know them.

“Mom, can I go out tomorrow?”

Shinhye’s voice interrupt Sulli’s thought.

“Sure you can. Just go. Handsome had ask me the same question yesterday. Have fun on your date deh.”

“Where do you think you are going? A date? Seriously when you have me Park Shinhye ssi? How many days did I left you for you to have a new boyfriend? Am I feeling excited on my way to see you just to be hurt like this?”

Suddenly they heard a manly voice from the end f the dining room. Sulli’s face turn pale.The voice was his.

“Is it him?”