End Of Flashback

Be My Wife

 

 

 

 

“Do you want to tell your ahjumma yourself son? Or do you want me to tell them?”

Minho and Mrs. Choi were chatting on the dining table the next morning after their meeting with Sulli.

“Andwe. Andwe. Don’t tell anybody. I want to surprise them. Let them guess who is my future wife. Hehe.”

Minho said while grinning.

“Okay. But if they ask me about the girl?”

“Just say that I don’t want to talk about it. Ahjumma and noona will understand.”

“But son, poor Shinhye.”

“Kenchana omma. She will be the happiest person on my wedding day.”

Minho smiles and wink at Mrs. Choi.

“I’m going to office omma.”

"Don't you want to eat breakfast dear?"

"Ani, I'm going to eat with my future wife."

Minho said and winks at Mrs.Choi. He took his briefcase and walks out to his car. As soon as he sit in it, he pulls out his phone and dial Sulli’s number. He smiles while placing the phone onto his ear.

“Hello Oppa.”

Sulli answer the phone lazily. She just woke up upon hearing her phone ringing.

“Hello Sulli. How are you doing today?”

“I’m fine Oppa.”

“Is it? Great. Do you have spare time today?”

“Wae Oppa.”

“I need to see you.”

“Okay Oppa.”

“Are you free now?”

“Now? This early?”

“Waeyo? Just wake up?”

Sulli blush when Minho guess correctly.

“Ani Oppa.”

Minho smiles when he imagine Sulli’s blushing face.

“I need to tell something important. Spare some time for me neh.”

“Deh Oppa. Where do you want me to see you?”

“I’ll fetch you now. I think I will arrive in 15 minutes. Can you get ready within that time?”

Sulli stands abruptly and grab her towel.

“Deh Oppa.”

She ended the call and throw her phone to her bed. she ran into her bathroom and starts getting ready.

On the other hand, Minho chuckles while he puts his phone away and starts driving to Sulli’s house.

                                                                                              ***

“Minho, what make you here this early?”

“I just want to see Sulli for a while.”

Sulli’s aunt smiles.

“Sit down first. I’ll go check on her.”

“Kenchana aunt Nana. Let her take her time.”

“Ah. Okay. Do you want anything? Coffee or something?”

“Ani. I’m fine.”

“Okay then. I want to check on Joonie for a while neh.”

“Deh aunt Nana.”

Minho sats down and wait for Sulli. He plasters a smile on his face while waiting for her. 5 minutes later, Sulli come down wearing a knee-length pink dress that suits her tall feature. Minho was stunned.

“Beautiful.”

A words escapes from his mouth.

“Oppa.”

Sulli’s voice bring him to reality. He let out a small cough and fixes his necktie before standing up.

“Kaja.”

“Deh.”

Sulli follow his steps to his car. After few steps, Minho stops.

“Ah. I didn’t tell aunt Nana.”

“Kenchana. She asked me to head out first. She had something to do.”

“Is it? Okay. Get in.”

Minho open up the door for Sulli and she gets in after a little nod. Minho gets in the car and drove away.

                                                                              ***

“What is it that you want to tell me Oppa?”

Sulli asked when they did not talk to each other during their breakfast. Minho sips his coffee and smiles at her.

“Is the food suits your taste?”

Sulli nods before answering.

“Neh.”

Minho laugh.

“You still have that attitude Sulli ya. Be comfortable. We will be living together after this.”

Sulli blush when Minho mentions about them living together.

“I’ll try Oppa.”

Sulli answer trying to look at Minho’s eyes. He shakes his head and wipes his mouth with the napkin. He then smiles tenderly at her. Sulli’s heart starts thumping.

“I just don’t want you to tell noona and others about our marriage.”

Sulli stare at Minho eyes, trying to decipher what he means by that.

“What do you mean Oppa?”

Sulli shows her confuse face as she can’t conclude what Minho was saying. Minho leans forward and whisper to Sulli who is sitting opposite of him.

“What I’m trying to say is.”

He pause and look at Sulli’s confused and blushing face in amusement.

“Let’s surprise them.”

“Surprise?”

Minho leans his back to the chair.

“Deh Sulli. They know that I’m getting married, but they think that I did not see the girl yet.”

“Ahh. You didn’t tell them that you have seen me?”

“Right. I’m not going to tell anyone. So, I hope you will keep it as a secret. Can you do that?”

“Okay Oppa. Before this, I was going to keep my marriage as a secret from all of you too.”

Sulli stare down at the table.

“Why would you do that?”

“Because unni was always worried of you, so, I don’t want to add her burden from my arranged married too.”

“Noona is so lucky to have you as her friend Sulli ya. You care for her.”

“Of course I have to care for unni Oppa. Unni was my inspiration. I really want to be like unni.”

“Yes. Do as you like okay. Now, we should be going. Do you have anywhere to go? I will drop you there.”

“Ani Oppa. I’ll just go home. I want to spend time with Joonie.”

“Alright then. I’ll send you home.”

“Deh.”

                                                                              ***

Few months later

I was walking happily after Yong Hwa said he will be telling me something important. I haven’t seen him for weeks because of work tension. It is examination month and I’ve been giving my students additional class after school. I just don’t have time to meet my  very best male friend. We had agree to meet near my dad’s company as he need to meet someone at the area.

“I think im in love.”

“What? With whom?”

“Don’t you know yet?”

“You don’t even tell me Yongie.”

“I’m in love with you.”

I stop playing with my straw and stare at Yonghwa with disbelieve. 

“What? Since when?”

“Since the first time I saw you.”

“Don’t kid me Yong.”

Maybe he wants to prank me again. He learns a lot from Minho

“Yes,I’m in love with you. I’m not kidding. Can you be my girlfriend?”

“Are you serious? I don’t know what to say.”

“Im serious. When I didn’t see you for weeks I realized that my feelings for you is not just a feeling of best friend. I really need you in my life Shin. I really am. At first I don’t take it seriously because I’m afraid that this is just a feeling out of sympathy. I think I just want to take care of you after hyung’s accident. I don’t want you to get hurt. But after two years, when I see you around your cousin Minho, joking playfully I’m sure that this is love, indeed love and it grew stronger.”

“But he is getting married Yongie.”

“I know that, and I know he is younger than you and you don’t feel anything towards him. But I was jealous everytime a man be near you. When I was away for the training course for two weeks, I realize that my life is empty without you Shin. I miss your laugh, your smile, your comfort words, and all about you. Can you give me a chance to be happy with you and make you the most happiest woman in this world?”

“Iii.. I just don’t know what to say. I know you since we are at school,I’m used to be your friend Yong,just friend. This is so sudden. I need to think.”

“How long?”

“I don’t know, just let me think first.”

“Okay. I hope it wont take long.”

Yonghwa stands up and walk away.

“What’s happening? What is this sudden things?”

Shinhye mumbles and massages her forehead. She stand up and walks out of the cafe. She was walking on the road when suddenly a car approaches her.

“Noona!!!!!”