Get Better or Get Worst

Rebel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 64

Get Better or Get Worst

 

 

I opened the door of our home and found no one there. Drops of waters splayed on the floor as make my way inside. I went straight to the kitchen to look if there must be some note left for me and I was right as my eyes caught a piece of yellow paper in the fridge tuck by a magnet. I grabbed it and started to read the message left for me.

 

Taeyeon ah!

 

            Sorry I couldn’t wait up for you and left already. Remember Mrs. Han my friend? she needs help at her flower shop right now, I’ll go help and watch the shop for her today since there’s some kind of a problem at the farm due to the incoming storm. Please stay indoors for the day since it’s still not clear how strong this sudden storm is okay?!

 

                                                                                                            Love,

                                                                                                            Grammy

P.S

           I already prepared some breakfast and lunch for you in the microwave, go reheat it when you eat. Okay?! Your umma will be the one to prepare your dinner.

 

 

After reading the note, I turned around to walk out of the kitchen without taking a glance on my meal. I just don’t feel hungry at all so I just lifelessly drag myself up to my room. I vented out my own frustration at my poor bag as I threw it harshly at the corner. I started peeling off all the wet piece of clothing in my body as I make my way into my bathroom to take a quick warm shower. I changed into my pajamas and let my body fall onto my bed and then slowly I felt all the fatigue from the trip and that torturing talk I had with Fany’s Dad crept into my system and just let my tired body and mind drift away to sleep. Hoping that it would somehow ease the heavy feeling I'm feeling at the moment.

 

I stir from my sleep as I felt a gentle touch on my forehead. With half lidded eyes I tried to look for that figure and saw a blurry image of my mother worriedly looking at me.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, you’re burning with fever! What happened to you?" I didn't bother to answer her question since I really can't find my own energy to open my mouth nor my voice at all.

 

"Here take this it will make you feel better later!" I just let my mother help me up and made me eat the bitter tablet. After that I closed my eyes and drift to sleep again. I was down with fever thanks to the harsh rain this morning.

 

It's already been three days since I was trap in the four corners of my room. My parents and my grandma insisted that I take all the necessary rest in order for me to get better fast. My friends were constantly ringing our house phone since they can't contact me in my cellphone which I had forgotten to take out from my bag and is probably drained from its life source already.

 

My grandmother would occasionally tell me who called and what are they message for me. She told them that I'm still having a fever and is still bed ridden since I came home from the trip and asked them not to come at our place for a while so they won't get the virus from me.

 

But out of all the messages that were conveyed to me, none of it came from that one person that is constantly on my mind.  I don't know if she tried to message me on my cellphone, but still what's the use of old landline to ask about me if she can't reach me.

 

I tried to stop myself thinking about her as much as I can. Thinking about her and our situation right now only adds up to the throbbing pain in my head, only making feel sick more than I already is. I closed my eyes after taking my medicines again, hoping that the next time I opened them, I would finally out of this fever.

 

________________________

 

Today after being down with fever and flu for a week, I finally had the strength to get out of my bed. Although I still feel a bit weak on my knees I tried to get out of my room to went down to our kitchen where I heard my mother and grandmother probably preparing our breakfast.

 

"Taeyeon-ah!" My father, surprise at my appearance get up from his chair and help me walk to our dining table.

 

"Appa, I'm feeling much better now. No need to act all so protective." I gave him a warm smile, it's nice to him looking all flustered every once in a while.

 

"You've been down with fever for a week lady! What do expect me to do? I'm almost at the point where I wanted to bring you to the hospital but your silly mother and grandmother insisted that it's just a normal fever and flu." I chuckled a little as I tried to imagine the three arguing about what to do.

 

"And you find that funny young lady? You're never the one to get sick so easily! So, I'm always worried you get sick so suddenly" I gave my father an assuring smile to ease his worry.

 

"I'm feeling much better now Appa!"

 

"Don't worry us like that again! You're sounding great whenever you text us during your trip with your friends but you come home to us sick. What happened to you?" I look straight to my father's eyes and saw that he won't stop asking me until i give him a straight answer.

 

"I must have tired myself too much. Sorry I made all of worry Appa. I'll take care of myself better." My father sighs defeatedly, he knows that I'm hiding something from him, from them. I felt a bit glad that he didn't question me more.

 

"Okay I'll stop asking you, for now. Because I know you're still recovering. Stay seated I'll go tell your mother you’re up." My eyes followed my father's movement as he made his way into our kitchen.

 

__________________

 

After I bid my parents goodbye as they head to work, I lazily drag my feet to our living room and the TV. I got startled when I felt a cold hand in my forehead.

 

"Grammy, you scared me there!" I looked at her from behind the couch.

 

"You 100% free from fever, and yet you’re still cooping inside our house? It's still your summer vacation. You've been hanging around with me for three days in a row since you get out of your bed." I just stared silently at the TV screen.

 

"I know you're friends have been bugging you to hang out with them so why still here?" The seat beside me moved as my grandmother took a sit.

 

“Taeyeon-ah!” I heard the worried tone of my grandma and decided to answer her this time.

 

"It's too hot outside. You know I hate walking under the heat." I tried to make a cute pout hoping she would just let me be.

 

"Tae, is there anything that's bothering you?" I averted my eyes away from her. I know that even if I try to lie she could easily detect it so I didn't dare to.

 

"Is it about Fany? Did the two of you fought?" Again I didn't reply.

 

"Sighs. Okay I'll let you off for now. You know where to find me when you feel like talking about it." I felt her gently rub my back before finally disappearing into the kitchen.

 

The ringing of our phone brought my mind back to reality. I looked at the cartoon that's playing happily at the TV before shifting my eyes back at the noisy device. I read the caller ID and contemplated if I should answer it.

 

I sighed deeply before finally decided to just accept the call. "Yes?"

 

"Finally you picked up our call? Yes? What's that? Where's Hi Yuri?!"

 

"Stop screaming Yuri you're hurting my ears."

 

"Sorry to irritate you but I won't lower my voice since you've been ignoring us for almost two weeks now! You're also irritating us by the way! What happen to your phone by the way?"

 

"Fine! I’ll talk. My phone got wet by the rain it’s totally ruined."

 

"Ah okay! Grammy says you completely fine now, so why you're not hanging out with us? Taeng our vacation will end next week! Next week! We only have a week left and we'll be back to our torture chamber!"

 

"Stop exaggerating Kwon Yuri school is not some kind of prison."

 

"Come on! Let's go out! I'm going to die out of boredom in our house! The others don’t want to hang out if one is not available! And I quote Lee Soonkyu "It feels like cheating when one of is not here and is terribly ill while were having fun." And you can buy your new phone if your parents already gave you the money for it! Come on Taeng! Please! "

 

I kept silent for next couple of seconds trying to think if I should or should not go out with them. Since she said all of us, meaning Fany will also be there.

 

"Taeng if you're still not convince! Sooyoung and Yoona is losing weight since they said they're missing out a lot of patbingsoo, cake and ice cream all throughout summer! Please please please Taengoo!"

 

"As if they can get thinner than they already are?!” I sigh out loud “I hate walking under the heat."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter