Wake up & Settled

Rebel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wake up & Settled

Chapter 54

 

 

I felt a light brushing of fingers on my forehead that made me stir on my sleep. It made me feel a little irritated, it’s not yet even time to wake up ‘coz my alarm clock hasn’t ring yet. Why does Umma is waking me up already.

 

“Umma~~” I groaned.

 

“Go away plea-ssse. Not yet.” I squatted away the hand that’s brushing away the hair that is covering my face.

 

I momentarily returned to my dream land when the unknown hand stopped touching me. And then, just then that hand started tracing my face again. All my senses finally woke up, all heightened and suddenly sensitive. I didn’t opened my eyes that instance and just waited for the next move of that warm hand that’s trailing my face like I’m some kind of interesting piece. That warm hand started to trace my forehead down to my temple before slowly making its way to trace the line of my jaw.

 

The warm left my face after a few seconds before replacing it back to my face to start its tracing from another place which is my eyebrows. That soft warm finger started to outline my eyebrows before slowly flickering my eyelashes gently as if trying not to wake me up. If only the owner knew that I’m already fully aware of whatever it is that’s happening. Its next target was the bridge of my nose, slowly making a fine line there and suddenly made a little flick again on the tip of it.

 

I was now eagerly waiting for its next move. The lack of movement is slowly making me impatient. And then I felt it, in the spot where I was waiting it to touch me. I was fighting the urge to smile afraid to startle the warmth that’s leisurely exploring my face. And finally it rested on my chin pointing on the spot of my dimple.

 

“Had a nice time exploring?” I mumbled hoarsely while trying to find my voice in the morning but the wide grin on my face was clearly present.

 

I squinted my eyes to adjust in the morning light before slightly rubbing them. The sight in front of me instantly turned my grin into a full blown smile when I saw the shock and daze face of the culprit.

 

“Hahaha yah! What’s wrong with you it’s not like you’ve seen a ghost or something! I was the one supposed to be shocked with you! Unless you were planning to do something else if I didn’t speak a moment ago!” I was answered with silence and side eyes.

 

“Yah! You sneaky little mushroom! You want to get caught again huh!” Now she’s instantly red all over. I laugh out loud.

 

“W-what? I-I am not planning on something!” her loud voice instantly filled the four corners of my room and I flinched a bit.

 

“Fany-ah too loud!”

 

“Oh sorry! But I swear I’m not going to anything further!” I smiled. Her eyes were wide but the warm was there and it was glinting with something like mischievousness.

 

“Okay I believe you!” I smiled again. I waited before she finally calmed down a bit.

 

“So Fany, can I get up now?” I asked carefully.

 

“Huh? What kind of question is that Taetae? Of course you can get up.” That smile paired with those crescent eyes that smiles along. Involuntarily made my breathe hitch. I inhaled deeply before trying to speak again.

 

“Okay. So, can you get off of me now?” I look at her eyes next and those crescent eyes was wide again in an instant. I laugh out loud again for the second time this morning. I never thought that I could woke up with this kind of morning. It was nice, it was fresh and exhilarating all at the same time.

 

 

______________________________

 

“Morning Umma! Morning Halmoni!” I went to their sides and kissed their heads. Fany did the same and greeted them.

 

“Where is Appa?” I asked while I help to pull out a chair for Fany before sitting myself.

 

“Your Appa went out early. He has another business trip. Something urgent happened to their branch in Japan that he badly needed to supervise.” My mother said in one breath before sighing audibly.

 

“Oh! I thought he will be joining our little barbeque party. He was so excited last night.” I frowned a bit.

 

“It’s emergency Taengoo. There’s not much he do. Sorry!” My looked at me apologetically.

 

“It can’t be helped.” Now it’s my turn to sigh. I suddenly felt a little squeeze on my hand from under the table I can’t help but inwardly smile at the gesture.

 

“It about time they arrive, better start eating now Fany or we won’t have anything left to eat.” And as if on cue our doorbell rang just when I was about to pick up some hotdogs and eggs to Fany’s plate. My mother stands up to her seat and walk towards the door to open it.

 

“Aunty! Good morning! I miss you! What do we have for breakfast?” The loud booming voice of Sooyoung followed by Yoona echoed to our narrow doorway straight to the dining room. I hastily scooped the friend rice and put some to Fany’s plate and mine. Then I took my turn on grabbing my own hotdogs and eggs. Now that the two giant walking black holes are here I fear for the disappearance of the food in an instant.

 

“Morning Halmoni! I miss you!” Sooyoung ran to my grandmother and hugged her.

 

“We miss you too Halmoni! Good morning!” It was Seohyun who spoke this time. While t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter