Fathers & Bets

Rebel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fathers & Bets

Chapter 56

 

 

I just finished my warm shower when I notice my phone vibrating continuously on top of my table I went to get it to see what’s the fuss. I look at it and open it show the commotion happening on our group chat. I smiled while reading the previous messages my friends wrote to each other. My eyes stopped at the message Fany has sent me after reading her text I’m grinning like a fool by myself. I’m too lazy to type a reply so I just dialed her number.

 

 “Hello Fany!” my call was immediately answered on the first ring.

 

“Yah I thought you’re already without saying goodnight to me! Where’s my goodnight kiss?” I could see her pouting from the other line. I smiled just thinking about it.

 

“Well, didn’t I already kiss you goodnight when I brought you to your house? And before I walk away I also wish you good night. So there’s you goodnight kiss.” I was smiling to myself with the thought of earlier event.

 

“Taetae you’re so mean!” Now I’m pretty sure she’s now sulking on her bed.

 

“What? I’m not mean! I already gave you your goodnight kiss!”

 

“But it’s not the same!” I was trying to control myself for laughing. I would do everything right now just for me to see her cute sulking face.

 

“Okay fine stop sulking now baby! I’m gonna give you goodnight kiss! Ready?” I made a loud smacking noise on my cellphone. A few seconds later the reaction I was waiting for finally came. I heard loud sounds of pillows being hit. I laugh over the phone.

 

“Now am I still a meanie baby?”

 

“Gosh Taetae! Stop calling me baby! It doesn’t suit you!”

 

“What? Can’t I call my girlfriend Baby?”

 

“Stop it!” I can’t stop smiling to myself when I heard Fany hitting her pillows again.

 

“First you call me meanie for not kissing you goodnight. Now you don’t want me to call you baby. I don’t know how to please you?” I still hear loud hitting noises on the other line after a few more seconds I heard a loud sigh.

 

“Done silently laughing Fany baby?” My god what is happening to me? Where does this words coming from?

 

“Oh my god Taetae what is really happening to you?”

 

“I don’t know? You tell me!”

 

“Okay enough already I’m still not used to this corny side of you! I just can’t stop laughing at it!”

 

“Aish Fany you hate me when I’m not acting sweet now you’re laughing at me trying to be sweet.”

 

“Well I guess it sounds funny coming from you after all. Sorry!” I heard her giggle a little and that sure made me feel so good. At least being corny made her happy like that.

 

“Fine I’m going to sleep now since I’m already tired. Imagine I keep on running on your mind all day. That is so tiring Fany but at the same I feel so good!”

 

“Oh my gosh Taetae I said stop it already! Your corniness is way over the top!”

 

“At least I made you happy!”

 

“Okay I won’t argue with that one! You make me happy.”

 

“Now who‘s the one being all cheesy!”

 

“Fine I’m cheesy and you’re corny! We’re perfect for each other!”

 

“Very cheesy Miyoung! But I love it!”

 

“Good night Taetae!”

 

“Good night Fany! I’ll come to your house to pick you up okay!”

 

“Okay! See you in a few! Oh! By the way Taetae, I think I don’t ever want to get used to you. Your corniness and your cheesiness because it makes little moments like this quite special to me.”

 

“Don’t worry I’ll never get used to you too because you’re special to me.”

 

Tonight I fell asleep with a smile on my lips because on that one special person. Plus I’m so excited to start this vacation with my friends.

 

______________________________

 

I woke up in a flash after hearing the first alarm of my clock. I jump out of bed with light feet and started my morning routine in a happy mode. After finishing dressing up, I check all my things before finally taking it down stairs and start eating up my breakfast.

 

“Good morning Umma! Morning Halmoni!” I kissed their cheeks before sitting in my chair.

 

“We already prepared you some healthy snacks you could eat on the bus because we know that you kids only bought junk foods in the supermarket.” I watch my grandmother busily packing foods to containers while mother was busy preparing another type of sandwich.

 

“The purple container is sandwiches without cucumbers that are only for Sica okay!” My grandmother told me.

 

“Wow since when did Jessica has special treatment? Ouch!” My grandmother slightly smacks my head. I just laugh at her.

 

“I also put some sweet potatoes for Juhyun. The pink one is for Fany it’s a special tuna sandwich just for her. These two containers are for Sooyoung and Yoona.” My grandmother pointed at a two large plastic containers on the table. I inwardly sigh.

 

“And these are for Sunny, Yuri and Hyoyeon.” She taps the containers for each of them.

 

“Wow you made snacks for all of them and you want me to carry all of those? Hey wait! Where’s mine?” I crossed my arms to my chest and started to pout. These old ladies are forgetting about me.

 

“Ah I almost forgot here is yours.” My grandmother handed me a small blue con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter