Give & Take

Rebel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Give & Take

Chapter 42

 

 

 “There we’re done!” I cheerfully announced as I looked up at my latest creation, my masterpiece, my wonderful tent! I never thought I would be able to build my very own tent today! Finally my ultimate goal was fulfilled today. I can’t help but grin at my silly thought.

 

“I never thought this day would come that I would finally be able to set up my tent and have my very first camping ever!” I was now jumping up and down, I grabbed Sunny and Yuri and the three of us run in circle in our newly built tent.

 

“But I have a question? Why does only us three built our tent? Where’s the others tent? We should build it up now.” I asked them.

 

“Hyoyeon and Soo will be camping with me.” Sunny answered.

 

“And Sica is camping with me.” Yuri answered this time.

 

“Then where will Fany camp? Where is her tent?” I asked them again.

 

“I don’t know she didn’t ask me and Sica and Sunny’s tent is already full.” Yuri plainly answers.

 

“Wait I’ll ask her. So we could start building her tent.” I run towards Fany with a smile. I saw in the corner of my eyes how Sunny and Yuri shakes their heads. What are they hinting at? Aish never mind them, I need to build my Fany’s tent before sunset.

 

“Fany!” I jump besides her making her startled at my sudden entrance I giggled.

 

“Hey! You got me there!” She spoke voice a bit louder than usual.

 

“Sorry! Hey where’s your tent? We’ll help you build it up.” I asked her.

 

“Uhm I left it at home because I was in a rush I forgot to pick it up. But don’t worry I’ll just ask Yuri if I could camp with them.” I frowned at her answer. How could she just spoke casually like that, that she would ask if she could share Yuri’s tent like she’s only asking to borrow her ball pen.

 

Why the first person that enters her mind to ask for favor is somebody else and not me? Fine, Yuri is our friend but still, shouldn’t I be the first person that she should ask for help when she’s in trouble.

 

“Why?”

 

“What why?” She innocently asked me.

 

“Why ask Yuri? When you could just ask me, she will already be sharing it with Sica and her tent can only fit two persons. Why ask her instead of me?” I’m now starting to feel annoyed.

 

“Oh! Really?” Gosh she likes playing innocent right now.

 

“Oh! Really?” I mocked her irritatedly.

 

“Yah what’s wrong with you? Why are you mocking me?” She shouted at me a little.

 

“I asked you a question and you just answered me back with another question, more of a mocking question. So yeah I was mocking you.” I answered her irritatedly before walking away from her.

 

“Kids, everybody gather up! I need to say something to everybody!” Miss Gong called up. All of us gathered up noisily, little chatters can still be heard from the other groups while ours was miraculously quite.

 

I just absentmindedly stared to my left side towards the river bed. The quite flow of it somehow calmed me. It made me think how shallow I acted towards Fany earlier when she just innocently thought of asking our friends help. I sighed mentally.

 

The others noisily scattered around again to their tents as Miss Gong has finished instructing everybody to prepare their dinner. I silently walked over to Hyoyeon who is now busy washing rice for us.

 

“Hey Hyo need help?” I volunteered.

 

“You can help me carry the pot and the bottled water while I carry the rice. Let’s wash it in the river. Miss Gong says the water is safe!” She smiled at me. We walked towards the river bed and start washing our rice.

 

“Hyo, can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Me? Really? Of course Taeng!” she looked at me shocked.

 

“Thanks! But what’s so shocking about it?” I punched her shoulder playfully.

 

“Nothing it just that I never thought you’d ask me first. I thought you know, you would seek Fany first. ” She just shrugged her shoulder at me. I sighed loudly this time as she spoke her name.

 

“Well, it’s about Fany so I can’t ask her. We kinda have a small argument earlier and it’s similar to something like you had said.” I told what happened to us and all the details.

 

“I see.” Hyoyeon says while scratching her chin.

 

“Taeng, maybe she’s just shy to ask you. That’s why she told you that she would just ask Yuri.”

 

“Yeah. I kinda thought about that too. That’s why I think I was too shallow earlier.” I sighed again.

 

“I really need to fix this bad habit of mine of being too impulsive. I easily jump forward into something without thinking. But it’s just so hard to do! Especially when it concerns about her.” I her Hyoyeon chuckled at me.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

“It’s just that you over reacting right now. You over react way too much. I think that is not really a bad ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter