The Dinner & The Talk

Rebel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Dinner & The Talk

Chapter 51

 

 

Tiffany and I stood side by side in front our house gate. I unknowingly reached for her hand for me to hold. I’m so nervous about this but of course I tried my best not to show it to her or else she would freak out again like she did earlier at school.

 

The truth is my family and I already talked about this before. When they gave me their unconditional love and understanding when I told them about my “phase”. There’s only one condition with it, and that is I should tell them my status when I already get Fany’s heart. I know that they are already expecting this but still I can’t help but feel so nervous now that I finally have to confirm it to them.

 

I sharply inhaled a lungful of oxygen before finally opening up the gate. I didn’t bother to ring the door bell and just enter the house using my spare key. My Halmoni was probably taking her afternoon nap so I don’t want to bother her.

 

“Fany, It will be okay! Trust me!” I smiled at her assuringly to calm her down again. I knew I succeeded when her tight grip on my hand started to loosen up a bit and her lips started to curve in a sweet smile.

 

“Stay here in the living room first, I’ll just go and check on Grammy to see if she’s still taking her nap! You know old people tend to sleep more ‘coz they’re getting older!” I chuckled on my own statement and I wonder why she’s not laughing along with me?

 

“Who are you calling old Kim Taeyeon? You bad girl! Only horses get old not this beautiful lady!” So that’s why. I looked over at Fany and saw her eyes winked at me trying to apologize.

 

“You’re totally right about that Grammy! Taeyeon is very bad! Grammy is still the healthiest, prettiest, funniest and the most lovable Halmoni in the whole wide world!” Fany stood up and to give my grandmother a huge.

 

“Ow our Fany is really so sweet! You are definitely my grandbaby from now on and not the midget over there!” My grandmother shot me a playful glare which I playfully took too. I acted in pain while clasping my hand to my chest.

 

“Ouch that awfully hurt! How could you?” After saying that I stood up and grinned widely before running to both of them and join them in their hug.

 

“But that’s okay you have Fany as your grandbaby too! I don’t mind sharing her to you! And I bet you will be so thrilled having two granddaughters this time! Love you grammy!” I kissed the cheeks of my grandmother who looked at us with a huge warm smile on her wrinkled face and then hug the both of us tightly. The gesture is enough for us to know what is my grandmother’s opinion about our relationship.

 

As my grammy broke the hug she intently look at Fany with a loving look and gently brush the crown of her head before speaking to her.

 

“Fany-ah, our Taeyeon is a very shy girl and a quiet on too. She’s not good at socializing with other people who she just met. She’s also very stubborn. She’s also very full of pride and won’t easily apologize especially when she knows she’s the right one. She’s very hard to handle when her stubbornness and pride collide together but she’s a softie too, she really can’t be mad for so long.” My Grandmother looks at me lovingly before returning her eyes back to Fany and continue speaking again.

 

“And when she’s the one at fault, she also find it hard to apologize as soon as possible because she’s stubborn but she will come to her senses and try to make up for her mistakes. And when she’s sad and angry don’t ever leave her side no matter how much she pushes you away. When she says go away it really means stay and don’t leave her alone. A simple hug will do all the trick. I hope you would be patient with her and that you would always take care of her. Grammy is really getting old I might not have much time but I’m so happy to see my Taeyeon become so happy again because of you.” I just continue to listen to them I didn’t notice a single tear already fell from my eyes. I jump in front of them and also hugged my grandmother.

 

“Grammy, why are you selling me off to Fany? And you’re not that old sorry I called you an old lady I won’t say that again. Don’t speak like that please. I already promised that I’ll be a good girl again right? And I will always take care of you.” I didn’t notice I was already crying hard in my grandmother’s embrace.

 

“Hush now you big baby! Why are you crying? I’m not selling you to Fany I’m just giving her some tips on how she can hold you to your neck.” I felt her slowly my back and it somehow relaxes me but the fear that crept to me won’t go away with her calming touch.

 

“They way you speak is like you’re going to leave me again! Are you going back to Jeonju again without me?” I rubbed my face in her chest while inhaling the warm scent of my grandmother.

 

“Ofcourse not, I won’t leave. Not now that you finally get yourself a very pretty girlfriend! Of course I have to stay to look out for you! Because I can’t trust you that much that you won’t do anything stupid that would hurt my new granddaughter!” I broke the hug and look at her smiling face and I already stopped crying but I just can’t help but to pout next.

 

“You really love Fany now more than me now are you? You two timing grandmother!” I pouted more at her and she laugh at me then a loud clap send me sulking in an instant these two just tagged team on me.

 

Fany continue to laugh silently while clapping at me, I cross my arms and look at her feeling hurt. “Are you supposed to hug me now because I’m sad! My grammy just gave you tip right? Why are you joining her from teasing me?” I’m now sulking in the seat and stay away from them.

 

“Aw Taetae is so cute! Sorry! Come here I’ll give you a hug!” I looked at her and saw her opening her arms for me.

 

“Hmmp I don’t your hug anymore!” I puff an air and continue sulking. That’s when I suddenly felt warm arms enveloping me in a tight hug.

 

“Sorry Taetae it’s just that grammy is so cute! And I’m so happy right now! It’s time to be happy don’t sulk in here okay? Please Taetae?” Now I definitely felt like melting because of that eye smile! I’m I really that soft? Nah, I’m only soft when it comes to Fany, my mother and my grandmother. They’re my ultimate weakness.

 

“What’s the happening in here? Care to include us?” My Umma and Appa appear in the living room with huge smiles plastered on their lips. Fany instantly let go of me that made me frown which made my grammy laugh.

 

“Umma you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter