Complications

Rebel Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Complications

 

“What is this?” I jolted straight right at the moment I heard a loud voice coming from the door. My eyes instantly went wide when I saw the figure of Mr. Hwang standing in front of the bed looking angry. The next thing that registered to my dizzy brain is the warm body that is laying on top me.

 

‘Wait! I’m on the bed? How the hell I end up lying on the bed?’ I gently pushed Fany off of me into the other side of the bed and she slowly stirs up when she felt the push. I wonder how did get awake from my gentle movement and not by the loud rage of her father?

 

“Mr. Hwang.” I said slowly, trying to be as careful as I could.

 

“Daddy!” Tiffany bolted up when she heard the name that came out of my mouth and followed my line of sight to see for herself where her father is standing at.

 

“Explain this to me Hwang Miyoung! What are you doing in bed hugging her?!” Mr. Hwang started with a bang the moment Fany met his eyes. I flinched at the loudness of his voice again. I can’t look at Mr. Hwang face or his eyes at that moment but I’m so sure that he really look so angry at us. Then Fany get up out of bed to stand in front of her Dad.

 

“Daddy I could explain! Please stop shouting at us! You’re scaring Taeyeon!” Fany said in a same loud voice. But her voice is no match to her father’s.

 

“Taeyeon! What are you doing in bed with my daughter?” I raised my when I heard my name only to meet his angry gaze at me.

 

“I… I…” I stuttered uncontrollably.

 

“I trusted you Taeyeon! I trusted you that you would take care of my daughter as a friend and not as like this!” I listened in his every words and it hits me like thousands of daggers.

 

“And you!” He turned to Fany. “I trusted you too that you won’t do such things as dating behind my back! And worst you’re dating your friend and that friend is girl! Hwang Miyoung where did I go wrong in bringing you up? I gave you everything and trusted you all the time that you would always do the right thing! And now this!” Fany’s father hit the wall with his fist. Clearly he was angry. My instinct kicks in and I stood beside Fany instantly and pulled her behind me as I held her hands tightly. I know Mr. Hwang wouldn’t do anything harsh but I wouldn’t bet on the chance and let anything bad happen to Fany.

 

He saw my actions and looked at us. I still couldn’t read the emotion in his eyes since I still can’t look at him. But I know that somehow my actions answered all his questions. The next thing that happened is I saw him grabbing the door knob and then slamming the poor thing with all his might. I felt Fany flinched, and instantly I held her inside my arms to comfort her.

 

“Shush. It’s okay Fany. Don’t be scared. I’m here.” I rubbed the back of her head gently and repeated each word again and again. As I also repeat them for myself.

 

After Fany tired herself for crying none stop. I gently laid her back down on her bed and covered her with her comforter nicely. When I made sure that she has already safely fallen asleep again, I get up from her bed and kissed her forehead gently and before going out of her room.

 

I saw a light coming from their living room and assumed that Mr. Hwang was probably in there right now. I can’t leave out of their house without properly saying a word of goodbye to him. I tightly clutch on my bag as I made way into their living room. There I saw Mr. Hwang sitting on his chair looking so tired than ever. I made a deep breath as I stand a few feet away from him.

 

“Si-Sir. Fany’s now sleeping again. I-I-I would take my leave now. Thank you and Goodbye.” I bowed at him as I mentally punched myself when I flinched at my own words.

 

‘Thank you and Goodbye?!’ I was ready to turned back and walk away when I heard him speak.

 

“Stop Taeyeon just stay for now. It’s still dawn and it’s dangerous for you to take a cab at this hour. Your parents would be furious if they’d know I had let you. Making you stay until the sun is up is the only way I could repay them for taking care of my daughter all this time. Just stay at the guest room. It’s besides Miyoung’s room. Go, I know you’re tired from the trip.”

“Thank you Sir. Good night. I promise to leave first thing in the morning.” I bowed again and turned around to walk back at where I came from but not on the same room this time. I reached for the guest’s room door knob to open it but stopped to turned and have a look at Fany’s door and sadly smiled.

 

‘Tomorrow I know something not nice is going to happen. I just hope that whatever it is, it won’t have to be me losing you Fany. Goodnight My Fany.’

 

I laid my tired body on the soft bed and closed my eyes. I thought that I would have a hard time sleeping with all of the thing that had happened earlier but I was wrong. Slowly I felt myself drifting off to darkness.

_______________________________

 

I jolted straight up from bed when I heard another slamming door. I guess I still haven’t recovered yet from last night’s accident. Shortly after that, it’s the door of my room’s turn to be violently opened. I sat myself straight from bed expecting it to be someone else’s but heave a sigh of relief when I saw Fany was the one entering.

 

She hurriedly walked towards the bed and sat beside me. Then she tightly wrapped her arms me, burying every inch of her body to mine. I returned the embrace just as much, I breathe in her scent like it was the very last air I would be able to breathe. I got alarmed when I suddenly felt her shivered under my arms. I tried to loosen the hug but she won’t let me.

 

“Fany, what’s wrong?” I was left un-answered. But knowing the situation we’re in right now. I guess I’m thankful I didn’t directly hear it from . But I know I sooner or later I would hear it all. But that would be for later, I would just enjoy this moment as much as I can.

 

Gently I her back, I tired making her feel somehow at ease. Although I know our time being together like this is running out.

 

“Fany.” I love you. The words were left spoken in my head.

 

“Please don’t cry.” Was all I managed to say.

 

“You know how much I hate it when you cry. Right? Please don’t cry Fany.”  I wiped the tear that rolled down her cheeks.

 

 “Taetae…” I heard her whisper my name.

 

“What will gonna happen to us?”

 

“…………..”

 

“Taetae…”

 

“…………...”

 

“I’m scared…”

 

“Shush Fany. Don’t be scared. I’m here aren’t I?” I finally had the courage to answer her when I heard her voice shivered.

 

 “Daddy would surely not gonna stay quiet about this. About us. He just asked me earlier why am I sleeping like that with you. I told him that I must have probably just pinned you under accidentally since I get a bit restless from watching that horror movie but he didn’t buy it. I’m scared for what he would say, for what he will ask me to do. Taetae, I’m really scared. I don’t want to…” I watched Fany as she got lost in her own thoughts.

 

“Taetae, pleas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter