Where It Started

Fate or just a mere coincidence?

"Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness."

Geun Suk’s POV

I found myself sitting on a bench staring at the familiar place in front of me. The place where it all started. I don’t know why I came here. I don’t even know how I managed to be here. All I can remember was Dara’s rejection before she left me completely. I feel so empty right now but I knew it was over. It’s a hopeless case for me. However, there’s something I needed to do before letting all these feelings go, before I try to live with knowing that she will never be mine. I searched for my phone in my pocket and blindly searched for the right number hoping that she didn’t changed it yet.

‘Hello? Whose this?’, a soft familiar voice answered. She obviously deleted my number after everything I did but I needed to do this.

‘Hey… it’s me. Can we talk?’, I asked hoping she’ll agree but who am I kidding?

‘Geun Suk?..W-why?’, she asked cautiously.

‘Please… I need to do this… I need to talk to you..Please?’, I pleaded.

‘Ok. Where?’, she asked before sighing and I sighed in relief.

‘Where it started’, I said before I heard her hanged up.

 

Somebody’s POV

Geun Suk stared blankly in front of him. Past memories were rekindled as he looked at the familiar park. It was as if it was only yesterday where he first met Dara, how the great snob managed to be friends with the sweetest girl on earth and when he actually got the courage to confess to her. Memories kept flooding as if he was watching a film. Suddenly all the memories came to a stop once he saw the second girl he regrettably broke. She still the same, flawless and beautiful but it can never compared to the girl he loved wholeheartedly.

‘Are you just going to stare like an idiot or are you going to start talking?’, she bluntly asked as she looked down at the man she used to love, broken and looked like death.

‘You still look the same but somehow you changed’, Geun Suk only replied while smiling sadly. Hating himself all over again because it was his fault that the once innocent Yoona was now a lady who knows how to defend herself.

‘I didn’t really change I just became more cautious and strong, thanks to you’, Yoona spat as she looked at him with a cold glare.

‘I noticed’, Geun Suk laughed bitterly.

‘So what do you want? Just to let you know I have a boyfriend waiting for me in an hour. So make it quick’, Yoona venomously stated.

‘I see what Dara meant when she said you were now happy’, Geun Suk genuinely smiled at her which taken her aback.

‘Geun Suk-shi I’m warning you stay away from Dara unnie. She’s happy and I won’t let you ruin it’, Yoona declared.

‘No I won’t do that anymore. She deserved it after all I done to her’, Geun Suk said dejectedly.

‘If that’s all you’re going to say then I’m leaving’, Yoona couldn’t stand the sight of him…so broken and vulnerable.

‘Yoona, I’m sorry. I truly am. I know sorry is not enough but I wanted to tell you still. I want you to know that I didn’t mean to take advantage of your feelings. I was lonely and needed warmth and you were just there when she wasn’t. I’m a bastard, I know. But I never wanted to hurt you. I tried to break it off before it got any deeper but I was selfish. I drowned you with me because I needed someone to be there with me. I know I cannot be forgiven but I just wanted you to know that regret everything I had done to hurt you, for taking everything that is important away from you and leaving you with nothing left. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry..’, Geun Suk apologized repeatedly as he kneeled down on the ground while weeping.

Yoona turned around to witness the breaking down of the man she used to look up to, used to love, used to care and used to be her everything. The man she loved was no longer there. He was fading rapidly and she couldn’t do anything and will not do anything to stop it because she knew he needed to feel the pain she and Dara felt. She’d be lying if she doesn’t have any feelings for him because the sad truth was, in the deepest part of her heart, she still have some feelings for him but she’s moving on and Seungi was the cause of it. He fixed her.

‘You’re right ‘Sorry’ will not mean anything. You dragged me with you, drowned me and left me there without a second glance. I hated you because back then I still loved you even though you broke me. But Dara unnie showed me that you are not worth it and because of that I found my own happiness. I forgave you after I met Dara but I will always remember how you abandoned me and the pain you caused me. I will never forget Geun Suk. Farewell..’, Yoona stated as she held her head high as she walked away and tried not shed any tear again for this man.

‘Thank you Yoona’, she stopped on her tracks again as she heard him. She was curious of one thing though and she wanted to know what he’s answer will be. Maybe if she heard his answer she will be able to completely move on.

‘H-have you ever… even for a moment… loved me? Not as a substitute for Dara unnie but for just being me?’, She asked softly and held her breath as she waited for the dreaded answer she needed.

‘You might not believe me but yes… Once in a while I found myself loving you but..’, he answered softly.

‘But you loved her more right?’, She finishes off for him and she took the silence as the answer she needed before smiling and walking away from him.

Once again, he was alone in the dark where nobody can see how broken he is. He wondered how he will managed to live properly from now on. Will he ever find his own happiness? Does he even deserved one? He doesn’t know but he will try and once he finds it he will never let go again.

While he breaks down two men met up in a condominium.

‘Thanks for inviting me. I really need a drink after all the things that happened’, Minho said to one of his close frienemy. (friend+enemy)

‘Nah I needed a drink as well and you’re the perfect guy to invite since we’re both dumped’, Hyunjoong replied as he poured whiskey to one of his rivals while they sat at the balcony watching the lonely night of Seoul.

‘Hah! Dumped? We didn’t even managed to confess so basically were pre-dumped. Hahahah get it? Pre-dumped? Hahaha’, Minho joked but Hyunjoong knew his feelings too well as he laughed bitterly with him.

 ‘You know after hearing Dara’s conversation with Geun Suk my confidence to persist her vanished. I don’t think I can ever compare to Jae’, Hyunjoong stated after their laugh as he sips into his whiskey.

‘I gave up once I heard her confession. She’s happy Hyunjoong. Truthfully, I never saw her this happy before. Sure she would always smile sweetly to everyone but I know she hides her true feelings. She masked her feelings too well which is probably why she’s a good actress. When I first met her she was distant even though she socialized really well. I don’t know how to explain it but there’s always a wall for her and I can’t seem to climb over it. I always wondered how Jae managed to break her wall so easily’, Minho told him as he looks up into the stars.

‘He’s a lucky bastard but I guess I would be fine if he was the one to make Sandy happy. If Sandy is happy then I’m happy so I’ll give up… for now’, Hyunjoong smirked at his last statement.

‘You bastard! Here I thought you’ll man up and join me in the ‘Pre-dump’ club!’, Minho glared as he whined.

‘Well if there’s an opportunity to be with Sandy I’ll take it so Jae has to be careful because I won’t let a chance slip by once it was offered’, Hyunjoong said as he sips his whiskey again while smirking at his whiney friend.

‘Ughh! Ok! I take it back I will also give up.. for now! And who ever gets the chance gets it! Deal?’, Minho propositioned.

‘Copycat!’, Hyunjoong laughed but nevertheless shook his hands as a seal of their deal.

‘Deal’, the both said as they continued to drink as they watched Seoul beneath the stars.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ok last update guys!!Omo!! A few more chaps left!

>.< I hope I can finish this before Valentines day!

... not that I have a date tho.... anyways 

hope you guys have a wonderful day/night and

hope you enjoyed this update I'm sorry again for 

the long absence >.< I love you guys! MHUAH!

-Love, Rako-chii~