Happy New Year

Fate or just a mere coincidence?

"He wasnt exactly sure when it happened. Or even when it started. All he knew for sure was that right here and now, he was falling hard and he could only pray that she was feeling the same way."

 

Somebody’s POV

‘Dara….doyourememberourkissfewdaysago?’, Jae said in one go making Dara scrunch her nose in confusion.

‘Joongie speak more slowly’, Dara demanded making Jae sigh in defeat.

‘I-I… do you remember our…the-the kiss??’, Jae asked looking up at her eyes slowly, afraid of her reaction. Slowly, both of them turned scarlet red while remembering their kiss.

‘I—uh…uh…yeah?’, Dara squeaked out.

‘Umm…I—uhh…the thing is…you—‘, Jae stuttered slowly but Dara cut him off.

‘Oh. I know Joongie’, Dara said dejectedly. She remembered Jae telling her that he just got carried away and she just guess that Jae wants her to forget about it because there’s nothing special hidden behind it. But for her it was strangely special and it’s not something she could just forget.

‘You know?!’, Jae widened his eyes. He’s shocked that Dara knows his feelings about her.

‘Yeah…you want me to forget about the kiss right? Because there’s nothing special about it. I get it, I’ll just—‘, Dara exclaimed while looking down. She felt her heart ache and she doesn’t know why.

‘Yeah!!..wait, what??!! NO!! That’s not it Dara!’, Jae shouted immediately while shaking his head nearly breaking his neck.

‘Eh?? But I thought—‘, Dara looked up surprised of his reaction.

‘That’s not it Dara…I just want to.. uh …the thing is..’, Jae started slowly again.

‘Just spit it out Jae!’, Dara shouted impatiently.

‘I don’t regret kissing you Dara! Not one bit! There’s just one thing I regretted that day and that was when I acted like a jerk and told you that it was just nothing, that I just carried away! I didn’t mean it and I wish I can take it back!...Kissing you was amazing and it's just plain unforgettable...nothing can describe it’, Jae confessed. After finishing his confession he looked at Dara to see her mixed feelings displayed in her beautiful eyes.   

 

Dara’s POV

When Jae finished I couldn’t utter a single word. I was taken aback by his confession. I was shocked, confused, angry and afraid. I don’t know why I’m afraid. Am I afraid of his feelings? Afraid of what’s he’s going to say next? Afraid that I don’t know how to respond? Afraid of my own feelings that are still unidentified?

I don’t know.

I stared at his eyes that searched my own as if looking for answers. I saw him gulped and held my hands tighter. I watched as he held my left hand and pulled it towards his lips, kissing my knuckles one by one while he pulled my other hand to his chest where his heart is situated, not once did he look away. My heart skipped a beat and then beat faster than ever, harmonizing with his. I’m afraid that I’ll get a heart attack after this.

‘Dara do you remember the day we met in Japan?’, He asked as he stared at me while smiling softly.

‘I remembered it clearly, as if it just happened yesterday. That day I felt free and content while holding your hands. I didn’t even noticed I was holding your hand the whole time’, He answered before I could. I smiled, remembering that day.

‘That day I knew that you were special. I felt lucky when I became friends with you. I slowly became attached to you. I became more possessive, anxious, protective and more attracted to you. I don’t know when it started but Dara…’, he exclaimed and my heart started beating faster if that was possible.

‘Dara I like you. Heck! I’m starting to fall for you!’, Jae confessed and my heart started to swell. Saying I was shocked to his revelation was understatement.

‘Jae…’, I softly said looking him in the eye and saw that he was serious. It reminded me the way he looked at me that day when we kissed.

‘Shh… Dara you don’t need to reply yet. I just want to say my true feelings because I’ve been trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Whenever I see you I just wanted to stare at you for the whole day. Whenever you laugh I am left in a daze because it feels good to listen to your melodic laugh. I lost track of time whenever I’m with you. Your voice, ghadh your sweet voice, Dara they always haunt me. Whenever I touch you or hug you I feel tingles and sparks. And whenever I’m near you my heart seems to beat abnormally, I even thought I have a heart disease. I even went to a temple just to find answers but my answers weren’t there Dara because now I have my answer and that’s you’, Jae exclaimed as he stared at my eyes. I saw his sincerity and affection.

‘H-how are you so sure Jae?’, I asked him.

‘Because I thought I can never love again. I never thought of falling for someone but like they said unexpected things happen during an unexpected time with someone unexpected. I’m sure of this feelings because I never felt so happy, content and in love with someone before until I met you, Dara’, Jae said and my heart couldn’t take it anymore. It’s as if it’s trying to get out of my chest and I’m afraid it’s going to come out anytime soon.

Why is this happening?

Do I have the same feelings?

If I do, what am I supposed to do about it?

His feelings are scaring me.

No, I’m more afraid of my feelings.

I’m afraid of loving again.

‘Jae.. I—‘,  *RING* *RING* the ringing of my phone interrupted our conversation. We got startled and I fumble to get it out of jean pocket.

‘Hello?’, I answered when I finally got it out.

‘NOONA! Where are you guys? Geun Suk hyung told us that you were taken away by Jae hyung! Is everything ok?’, Sanghyun asked.

‘Oh! I’m ok Dung-ah. We were just buying a cake because I forgot to buy one. We’ll be there in a few minutes ok?’, I told him smoothly while looking at Jae.

‘Oh, ok. Well get here fast ok? There’s only 30 minutes till New Year’, he exclaimed.

‘Ok Dung-ah we’ll be there’, I said as I ended the call.

‘I—uhhh I think we need to go?’, I said while looking anywhere else but him. He didn’t answer as he started driving again. We drove quietly and before going home we quickly bought a cake just so they won’t get suspicious. We arrived in our dorm just 10 more minutes before New Year but we stayed in the car.

‘Hey.. Dara you don’t need to answer yet. I’ll wait’, He said while smiling genuinely.

‘Ok Joongie’, I smiled at him.

‘Just one thing, I just need to ask this’, He said.

‘What is it Joongie?’, I asked.

‘Why did you kiss Geun Suk? Do you love him? Are guys dating? I mean it’s not that I’m meddling or anything I just---‘, Jae continuously asked while fidgeting.

‘What kiss? I didn’t kiss him though?’, I scrunched my nose in confusion.

‘I saw you two together at the front of the entrance talking intimately and then you guys kissed’, Jae mumbled and I saw him tensed.

‘No Joongie we didn’t kiss nor talk intimately. I got something on my eye and he just helped me’, I replied avoiding his other questions because it’s all in the past anyway and there's nothing between me and Geun Suk anymore.

‘Oh.’, Jae simply replied while sighing with relief and I just chuckled.

‘Anyways let's go!...OMG!! We’re late Jae! We only have 30 seconds before New Year! Come on!’, I said as I looked at my watch. We immediately went out of the car I waited for him to lock it while I held the cake.

20

‘Come on Jae!’, I shouted at him.

19

18

17

‘Wait I forgot my phone’, He replied as he went back inside to retrieve his phone.

10

9

8

‘Dara wait!’, Jae shouted as I stopped in front of the door of our dorm. I turned around to watch him run towards me.

7

6

‘AH! Screw this!I can't take it anymore! I miss you too much!’, Jae said as he held my shoulder and I scrunched my nose in confusion.

5

4

3

‘Jae what are you—‘, but I was cut off as he leaned on me.

2

1

It’s as if it was in slow motion, I felt his soft lips against mine and heat started spreading around me. I saw him slowly closed his eyes while my eyes widened. I was so shocked that I dropped the cake I was holding and before I closed my eyes I heard fireworks exploding up in the sky.

Happy New Year.

 

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ahhh!! I'm crying!!! TT_TT I'm crying because I know

there's only 1% that this can happen in real life!

But that won't make me give up on Jaedara!!

JAEDARA FOREVVVAAAAAR!! lol 

Anyways guys I know its a bit cheesy 'n all but wateva~

It's Jaedara, I'll eat any cheese whenever they have this moments

Even though I hate cheese especially block cheese ughh!

lol anyways hope you guys like it!! I can't wait for the next update!

Well your reactions actually hahahha see yah!!

-Love, Rako-chii~