Mistakes by migumeki

Monochromatic Pixel's Review Request Shop

FANFIC LINK: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/26385/


`Story Title[did it catch my attention?] : 0/5

Kay.  That’s a mistake.  Everyone makes mistakes, in every story someone will make a mistake.  Unless it’s an overdone plot.  So should all those stories that aren’t overdone be called Mistakes?  No.
`Appearance[what was my first impression? Did it catch my attention?] : 0/10

Hey, cliché.
`Forewords[did your forewords make me wanting to read more?] : 4/10

 You made the main character the ‘perfect’ girl so why not just throw her future SHINee lover with her right now?

Right off I was like wtf this isn’t realistic at all.  Did you do much research? SM grades 70 percent on image.

No wait wait why was she scouted in the first place?  If she was average, might as well find her anywhere, unless this is a story where the scouts can see the ‘special aura.’

Have you ever seen a sixteen year old who is only 168 cm tall?

No, but I’ve seen a 15 year old who is only 154 cm.


`Plot[was the plot cliche or was it interesting?] : 4/15

You sighed, burying your head in your arms as you lingered beneath the warm covers, why were you such an idiot? Saying you didn’t like Minho … now you had a friend trying to get you and Key together. Sure, you admired Key, but you didn’t like him in that way!

So what’s that way?  When she hardly even knows the dude?  I scoffed.  Typical plot.  Seen it once before, definitely going to see it a 500 more times during my reviewing…

If you’re already trying to make me puke out my guts during the third chapter, well I’ve got a plenty 30 to go -.-  Course it may just be that I’m an anti-Shawol.

MOREOVER, you had like 15 chapters on how much it mattered who her bias was.  Being a little more realistic, you need to think about how long a story can go on one small thing.  That sort of stuff really chases people away.

Especially when picky old me who is currently subscribed to err….3 real stories starts practically skipping (Skimming practically) loads of paragraphs just so she can get this review done….ugh :(  So forgive me for any inconsistencies in this review since I’m not the type to force myself to read a story.  Cough cough*

I just realised how I don’t really fit into Minho’s perfect girl criteria.

You already made her the perfect girl, contradiction.  At least to me it seems like one.

So basically if they’re already together, what more are you going to do with the story?  I think you’re just afraid to end it.  What’s the fun of 30+ chapters of their love blooming and growing.  I don’t see much fun.
`Characterization[was I able to learn about the characters?] : 7/10

You pretty much directly characterized her and indirectly at the same time.  But grossly so, I still dislike her ‘perfect’ demeanor.  Just doesn’t cut it. 
`Creativity/Originality[was it creative?] : 2/10

No, I read the plot on pretty much the same premises before.  Which is all I need to make this part very very low.

As I skip many parts of the story, the parts that I do actually read aren’t very original.  The third wheel, the ex-girlfriend.  Blah blah blah blah blah blah.
`Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary[was I able to understand what you were trying to say?] : 10/10

This section isn’t my forte, forgive me.

But since this isn’t my own rubric and it clearly says to grade on vocabulary, I’ll do so.

Nope, still terrible at this section.  But I could understand you? :)?
`Flow[was it too fast or too slow to my liking?] : 0/10

Right off the bat I’d notice contradictions.  They exchanged what may have been a hi, or just a hi and the guys ask how Myung Hee.  if I’d known better they would say she knows how to say a mean hi.  Of course SHINee meets a lot of pretty girls; it just surprises me how hypocritical this story can be if the protagonist is supposed to be ‘average.’  You know, whether or not she has low-self esteem or not.

Because let me give it to you straight, pretty women will not think they’re ugly, and the odds are very low that such a girl exists to that premises if they’re pretty enough to get the attention they need.  Why do I feel this way?  Because all pretty girls aren’t popular for the lame reason that they’re pretty.  It’s because their self-esteem is often so high that they aren’t afraid to talk to people.

Anyway off with the lectures~

And it was way too slow, I can skip so many chapters and still know what happened in the end, which means you have unnessaccry(forgive me for laziness to spell that word right.) crap in between.
`Writing Style[did your writing style make it easy for me to read?] : 9/15

Sure, why not?  Dragged on too much with blah blah blah blah blah blah though.
`Overall Enjoyment[did I enjoy this story?] : 0/5

I got bored during chapter foreword.
`Total : 27/100

`Bonus : 0/5

-I’m simply not very nice.
Overall Total: 27/100

It was just the plot and flow itself that made your story so ‘terrible.’  You need to have an interesting plot for me to be able to not bash my head on the table.  That’s all you need as an author.

I assume you got a review to see how well you write, so hmm.  Use this review to help you write better <3