009

The Boy with the Dimple

You woke up to clanging in the kitchen. You yawned and got out of bed,"Must be mom." 

It was the first weekend, a Saturday. You were glad you didn't have to go to school, but you were still an early bird. After taking a shower, you changed into some presentable clothes for your mother, she didn't like it when you were in 'indecent attire'.

When you got downstairs, you saw your father having his morning coffee and newspaper. Your mother was sitting down with him. You smiled at them,"Good morning. You're home today?"

"Yes, it's my day off." Your mother sipped her water,"Where did you get that blouse? It's beautiful darling." You looked down at your white cotton blouse. You gave it to me mother.

"It was a gift." You just mumbled and sat down across from her.

Your father looked up from his newspaper,"How's school? Are you passing all your classes?"

"Yes dad." You politely replied.

You already knew he was going to ask you something about academics, instead of your health or how you were by yourself these past few days.

"How was work daddy?" Your father smiled proudly, happy you've asked him,"I won my case. I put that murder where he should be."

You took a bite of your eggs,"That's great dad."

"Yes. Make sure you do good in school, and you'll become a good lawyer too." Your father advised and went back to his newspaper.

Your mother shook her head,"I think she should be a model. Jina is beautiful."

Your father scoffed,"Darling, please. She's more suited as a lawyer. Jina is smart. She should use her brains for something suitable." 

"Well, she should choose whatever she wants." Your mother strongly defended and went back to her food. Your father just sighed and continued reading. 

Your parents always bickered about your future. They worried about it more than yourself.

You excused yourself and went to put your dishes in the sink. 

"Jina! Come with me to the photoshoot!" Your mother ran into the kitchen. "Huh?" You said stunned,"M-me?"

"Can you? Please? You haven't visited in a while." Your mother pouted and pinched your cheeks,"It's better than staying with your father." She whispered the last part.

Your mother was the total opposite of your father. She was wild and childish, just like Sumin. She was beautiful of course, but she acted like a total teenager. Someone who was the exact opposite of your father. He on the other hand, was strict, quiet, and serious. But he was very handsome. You always questioned why he and your mother...well, were together.

Guess opposites do attract. You giggled,"Sure mom."

It was great to spend time with your mom. It was rare when you both would hang out and have a girls day out. 

"Yay~! Let's go get changed." You pouted and looked at your clothes,"I am."

Your mother rolled her eyes and pulled you toward your room,"Honey, we're going out!" 

You heard a grunt from your father. "That's a yes." Your mom smiled and pushed you into your closet,"Let's see..."

 

"Come on~!" Your mom got out of the car first.

You sighed and stepped out as well. She made you wear a black blouse, a dark champagne skirt with black rose designs on it, some black tights and black pumps. "Mom, why do I have to wear heels?"

"But you look so cute!" She squealed and linked arms with you,"Come on." She pulled you inside the agency.

"Hello Nara~!" A co-worker smiled at your mom. Your mom waved,"Hello~! Look, my daughter came to visit." 

"D-daughter?!" She gasped and looked at you. "H-hello. Im Jina." 

"Wow! Amazing! She's so pretty! I didn't know you had a daughter this old!" The girl laughed and waved,"Well, see you around."

You walked next to your mother, who was walking with a proud posture. You smiled and felt so proud of her. My mom.

The two of you walked down a colorful hallway, with big posters of your mother and many other popular models. You looked around, stunned by all the beautiful pictures of your mother.

"Mom, you're so gorgeous!" You smiled at her. Your mother hugged you,"Thank you sweety. Hopefully, I'll get to see you soon on a cover."

You blushed at her comment,"Mother, quit playing. I'll never be on a cover of a magazine."

Your mother pouted,"Why not? You're more beautiful than me, your mother. I mean, your father and I have some pretty good genes."

"Mom!" You blushed harder,"Anyway. Let's get this photoshoot done with!"

Your mother giggled and pulled you along. 

 

"Good job everyone!" The photographer, Niel, smiled. Everyone bowed to one another and started to clean up the photoshoot. Your mom respectfully bowed to the photographer,"Thanks Niel."

Niel smiled,"Good job once again Nara." He looked over at you,"Maybe next time we can do a collaboration with your daughter." 

You blushed and shook your head,"N-no-" 

"That's a great idea!" Your mother hugged you. Niel laughed,"Good day  ladies."

After waiting for your mother to finish up, the both of you drove down the streets looking for a place to eat lunch.

"How about the one we used to go to when I was a kid?" You asked, looking out the window. Your mother beamed,"That's a great idea. We haven't been there in ages." 

I know. You sulked. 

 

Arriving at Sunny Dream Restaurant, your mother parked the car and you both went out. The two of you sat down in the familiar booths and ordered your meals. The two of you chatted like the old times. You told her about school, since your mother was more appreciative about your talent. 

"So who's the dimple boy?" Your mother winked, sipping her coffee. You choked on your cake,"H-his name is Yixing." 

"He's Chinese?" Her eyes widened,"Omo, he must be handsome huh?" You stayed quiet, but your face expressed your answer. Your mom laughed,"Im happy for you. First loves are the most memorable, yet can be the most hurtful. So, be careful ok?"

You nodded your head,"Who was your first love?"

"Aha, it was your father silly. We dated in high school for a bit, but then we broke up." Your mother sighed,"Your father was so serious all the time. He was such a nerd, but a handsome one. Your father was pretty popular with the ladies.  However, he chose his studies over me. He's the one who broke it off first. Gosh, I cried so much. Your grandmother didn't know what to do with me." 

She laughed,"Then once we were graduating, your father asked me out once again. He explained he was so miserable without me. So cute~!" Your mom sighed dreamily, then pointed at you,"Work hard Jina. Mommy's cheering you on. Let's keep this between us, hm? I don't think it's wise to tell your father. He'd pull you away from that school."

Smiling, you agreed,"Yes mom." You turned your head and looked out the window. You gasped and quickly turned your face away. Yixing?!

Lay was walking with his headphones on, and carrying a grocery bag. He was oblivious to his surroundings, he didn't notice you.

"What's wrong with you?" Your mom looked out the window. "It's him!" You whispered, watching Lay. 

He passed by the restaurant, looking staight ahead. Lay's favorite part of the song came on, and he smiled.

You saw his dimple, and your heart started to accelerate. 

Your mom smiled happily at you. She watched how your eyes never left Lay. I hope you get a love so beautiful Jina.

 

"Im sorry!" Your mother apologized.

You smiled at her,"It's fine mom. Work is work."

She pouted,"Will you be fine?"You held out your black designer bag,"I have my phone, keys, and wallet. I'll survive mom."

"Aish, your father just had to go back to the office." She grumbled, she looked out the window of her car,"I'll see you soon. Im sorry sweety."

"Just go mom, you'll be late." You waved at her,"Bye mom."

"Love you sweety!" Your mom blew you a kiss and drove off down the street. You watched as she turned around the corner. 

You sighed and looked at the time. It was barely 1 pm. "What can I do?" You muttered and looked around the shopping area.  You started to walk around the streets in search of something to do. 

People stopped to stare at you. You didn't notice and looked at the different shops. A pet store caught your eye and you looked into the window.

A small white puppy ran toward you, and you tapped on the glass,"Hello~!" The little puppy barked. "Omo so cute." You smiled brightly and laughed.

 

Lay was walking from another fail job attempt. He was looking for a job to help out his parents pay his tuition. Sadly, he wasn't able to obtain the job.

Lay munched on a steam bun he bought earlier. "No good ones today too." Lay sighed and took another bite. 

He hummed and looked ahead of him at the busy streets. A beautiful girl was laughing and tapping on the window of a pet store. Her bangs were covering her face, but Lay could see her smile.

He stopped in place and stared at her. The girl kept smiling, then moved her bangs from her face. Lay caught a glimpse. Jina? 

You waved at the puppy and left the window, walking down the sidewalk again. You couldn't stop smiling after seeing that cute pup. I wonder if dad and mom will let me keep one? 

"Jina?" You looked up.

Lay nodded at you,"So it was you. Today seem's like a perfect day to dress up huh?" He looked you over,"You look very pretty today."

You just stared back, shocked you saw him again,"Yixing!"

Lay smiled right away,"Hi Jina." 

------------------------------------

Got a my poster and bg~! :)