038

The Boy with the Dimple

It was the day where all 15 of you would bond. You were riding in backseat with your grandmother. Everyone else was busy to take you. Your father had to go to work and your mother had to go abroad again. Minhyuk was busy with CNBlue. But he was really worried about you and Sumin going off with 12 boys to an isolated school.

While heading to school, you were worried about one thing and curious about another thing. You were worried about practicing your vocals. But since you practiced for two weeks now, you were sure you'll be alright.

The thing that you were curious about was Lay's mother. You remembered her has a beautiful young woman, but she had tired, yet kind eyes. She was a split image of Lay, but of course as a girl. She even had a dimple! You decided to ask your grandmother. 

"She works as a secretary in the main office. Instead of your uncle having one secretary, he has two now. Which is good, cause that boy needs as many as he can get!" Your grandmother laughed.

"R-really?!" You smiled bright at her.

She nodded her head,"I thought a hard working woman like Lay's mother was better off in a busy office then some bathroom. Plus, did you see her that day? She was gorgeous! Too young to waste her life as a hotel maid. Your uncle Jiwook told me she's a great secretary too!"

You felt really happy. So happy for Lay and his mother. Maybe now they could live a better life than the one they were currently living by. You couldn't help but feel greatful to your grandmother. You could tell she had a soft spot for Lay. 

"Those kids better not do anything to you and Sumin." Your grandmother shook her head with a grim look on her face. You patted her hand,"I'll be fine grandmother. Im sure Sumin won't have a problem defending herself either."

The car soon arrived at the school. You could see everyone else was there. You were the last to arrive. Her driver, Jin, opened the door for you both. You got out the car with your grandmother. Jin grabbed your bag from the trunk and placed it beside you. 

You thanked him and picked it up from the ground. You and your grandmother walked towards Exo-M, Sehun, Sumin, and Kai. It was surprising how much he got along with the other boys. The kingkas gave him dirty looks along with Hana, but they were too busy having fun with each other. 

"Jinnie! Granny!" Sumin flew over towards you both. She gave your grandmother a squeeze,"Wow, you're still so beautiful Granny!" 

Your grandmother rolled her eyes at Sumin and patted her back,"Sumin, stop calling me granny!" But Sumin never listens to her and keeps calling her Granny. Which your grandmother secretly loves to hear from her. 

"Seems like everyone is here." The headmaster smiled in his grey suit. He glanced at your grandmother,"Well, hello there Soojin. It's a pleasure to see you here." 

"I don't feel the same." Your grandmother snapped at him. 

For some reason, your grandmother's attitude reminded you of your mother, well, when she was talking to the headmaster. It was like seeing your mother fight with Mr. Kim. 

"Anyway, kids, the bus is here." Headmaster Lee smiled and pointed at the yellow bus coming. 

"We're riding that?!" Hana gasped. 

"It's a school bus. What do you expect? A limo?" Your grandmother remarked at the younger girl. "Don't complain. It's annoying." 

Hana pouted and looked away with flushed cheeks. 

Your grandmother turned to you and your friends,"Alright, behave. All of you. No fighting. And watch out for my granddaughter and Sumin. Good lord, keep them away from those wild beings over there. Ok? You especially better watch over her Lay." 

"Yes, Granny Kang!" Lay and all the boy saluted your grandmother, who just sighed tiredly. She glared at the kingkas and Hana,"Try something on them, I'll cut off your existence."

With that, your grandmother kissed your cheek and Sumin's then walked back into the car,"Take me home, Jin." Soon, she left. 

"That was a death threat. Amazing." Chen said in awe. "Im a big fan of hers now." 

"She's so scary." Luhan whispered,"I like her. She's a cool granny." 

"Our new hero." Kris smiled. 

"Alright, board the bus!" The headmaster called from the bus. Everyone groaned and trudged in the bus. The back of the bus was filled with you and your friends. While the front was occupied with the kingkas and Hana. 

The headmaster sighed, seeing no progress. He'd just wait till they reached the school. 

 

"Alright, here are the keys." He threw the keys to Kris. "We'll see you Sunday night. Be safe. And don't even bother trying to run away, there isn't a city within miles. The kitchen has food. Everything works. Just work well and bond. Bye kids!" 

The yellow bus soon started to drive away. Leaving all 15 of you staring at the moving transportation, dust trailing behind it. 

"That old bastard is crazy!" Baekhyun screamed then kicked the ground. 

"We're going to die." Chanyeol whispered. 

The kingkas and Hana kept staring at the disappearing bus, while Exo M, you, Sumin, Sehun, and Kai head off to the school. In the school yard there were large tents set up, five to be exact. 3 people per tent. 

"I can't believe we have to sleep on the floor." Hana cried to herself. 

Sumin rolled her eyes,"Bulk up barbie. At least they provided us with all the things we need." 

You and Sumin opened one tent and went inside. Hana pouted her lips and followed you two in. You and Sumin were settling your things inside. Hana spotted her sleeping bag, which was at the side of the tent. She went over and took out all her things. 

"Barbie, I don't think you'll need those pumps." Sumin eyed her red pumps. 

"I-I didn't know what to bring okay!" Hana snapped and put her pumps back into her Louis Vuitton duffle bag. 

The boys could hear Sumin and Hana argue. They stared at each other. Deciding who to sleep with who. [An: Don't think dirty now, cause I definitely am.]

"Yeol and Baek with me." Suho opened a tent and through his things in. D.O gaped at them,"What about me?!"

"Don't worry, you'll sleep in my tent. Im not gonna let my best friend sleep out in the cold." Kai opened another tent and went inside. 

"I'll sleep with you guys too." Sehun followed Kai. 

"Wait! There's a letter!" Kris called out. He read it over and scoffed,"This old fool..." He eyed the boys,"Headmaster wants us to sleep with someone who isn't a friend. The the people who are sleeping in the same tent are going to work together as a group."

"Oh, let me sleep with Jina." Chanyeol playfully smirked. 

Lay growled,"Not including the girls, idiot." 

"Alright, let's just settle this!" Suho shouted and the boys soon started to sort out the tents. After almost an hour the boys finally decided.

Tent 1: Kai, Sehun, and Tao.

Tent 2: Lay, Chanyeol, and Luhan.

Tent 3: Kris, Suho, and Xiumin.

Tent 4: Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O.

Tent 5: Jina, Sumin, and Hana.

The sleeping arrangements were settled and the boys went into their tents to place their things in. You, Sumin, and Hana just silently waited for the boys to finish. 

 

"Did you hear that?" Baekhyun whispered, hugging D.O. The two boys held each other tightly. Chen watched the two boys as he rested against his broom. They were in one of the old classrooms on the first floor."You guys are gay, huh?" 

"WHAT?! NO!" They pulled away from each other, but still kept a close distance.

Chen nodded,"Yeah,sure. Just don't do any weird stuff in the tent, and we're good."

"We're not gay!" D.O shouted desperately at Chen. Baekhyun nodded.

Chen held a finger to his lips,"Wait. Did you hear that?"

D.O and Baekhyun stayed silent to listen.

Chen leaned forward,"I just heard someone whisper...you didn't hear it?"

"N-No...what is it?" Baekhyun stuttered. 

"Listen..." 

D.O and Baekhyun stood beside each other, they were too scared to notice Chen sneaking behind them.

"...gaaaaaay." Chen whispered next to their ears.

Baekhyun and D.O screamed so high and loud. They started running around the classroom. Chanyeol, Luhan, and Lay ran inside from their classroom,"What happened?!"

Chen started laughing as he fell to his knees on the floor,"O-OH..MY...GOD!!!" He could hardly form any words cause he kept laughing. Chen wiped his tears with his finger,"That was....gaaaaaaaay."

D.O's eyes widened and he felt like he would faint. Baekhyun angrily stomped his foot,"Chen! What the hell!"

Chanyeol, Luhan, and Lay just stared at the three messes before them. They didn't know what to do. Luckily Kris, Suho, and Xiumin walked in. "We heard screaming."

Baekhyun pointed at Chen,"That's it, I can't sleep in the same tent with this ! I'll die from a heart attack!" 

D.O held onto an old desk for support,"I think Im going to be sick." 

Chen still didn't stop laughing, he was laughing so much, tears were falling non-stop,"I-I just can't stop laughing! Oh, shoot, my life is amazing." He wiped his face with his hands. "You should've seen them. And I thought I could sing high notes, oh my, you should see Baekhyun and D.O. Gaaaaaaay."

Kris and Suho stared at each other. Kris looked at his crying/laughing friend. "I...don't know if I should apologize or something." Suho shrugged,"I don't really care. Let's just finish this damn thing."

The two leaders walked out the classroom. Xiumin stared at his best friend,"You're so mean." Xiumin sighed and left them alone.

Chen finally stopped laughing, but had a big accomplished smile on his face,"Man. Im such a good troll." He glanced at Baekhyun and D.O,"OH MY GOD LOOK BEHIND YOU! IT CAME OUT OF THAT CLOSET."

Baekhyun and D.O squealed and jumped away,"WHAT?!"

Chen gasped and pointed. "YOUR GAAAAYNESS." 

D.O and Baekhyun turned their head at Chen, who was this time on the floor, along with Chanyeol, Luhan, and Lay.  

"AHAHA! That was a good one!" Chanyeol barked and high fived Chen. 

Luhan was holding his stomach,"I-I can't breathe." He wheezed. 

Lay was just laughing non-stop, his face all red. 

This time D.O fainted. Baekhyun felt his chest hurt and whispered,"I'll die tonight. I won't make it out alive."

 

You, Sumin, and Hana were in another classroom. You were cleaning the windows with Hana. Sumin was fixing the desks and making sure nothing was inside them. 

You three heard a high-pitched scream. Hana jumped up in fright,"What has that?!"

"Someone screaming." Sumin furrowed her eyebrows and looked out the classroom door. She saw Chanyeol, Lay, and Luhan run past to another class. Then she heard laughter, and she knew it belonged to Chen.

"It's Chen laughing. He probably scared D.O and Baekhyun. He's a damn troll." Sumin giggled and shook her head. "Nothing to be afraid of, unless Chen's the one trolling you."

"I feel bad D.O and Baekhyun have to sleep with him in the same tent. They both won't be able to sleep." You pouted while rubbing the windows. 

Hana eyed you and Sumin as you both naturally laughed and talked to each other. Hana felt left out and alone. At least the kingkas had each other. She didn't have any of her girl friends. Hana continued rubbing her side of the windows. 

You glanced at Hana and saw her bracelet. It was silver and had a pink ballerina shoe charm. "I like your bracelet Hana. You do ballet?" 

Hana was startled you started talking to her. She glanced at her charmed bracelet, the one her mother gave her,"Y-Yeah. Ever since I was a kid." 

"Cool!" Sumin ran over to her,"I did ballet too. Well I had to. Appas made me." 

Hana scoffed,"Why are you guys even talking to me?" She moved under Sumin's arm and out the door,"Im going to get a broom." 

You and Sumin watched her leave. Sumin scowled,"Why is she so mean?"

"She's just not comfortable yet." You mumbled. "Yeah, that's probably it." 

"Hmm, whatever." Sumin sighed.

 You both heard someone scream again. 

You and Sumin eyed each other and ran to their classroom to see what happened. And there was D.O, passed out on the floor, next to a pouting Baekhyun. Chen, Lay, Luhan, and Chanyeol were laughing on the floor. 

You quickly ran to D.O's aide,"Omo! D.O! Are you alright? D.O?" You placed his head on your lap,"D.O!" You lightly slapped his cheeks,"Wake up. "Sumin, get me a cold towel!"

Sumin nodded before slapping Chen, Lay, Chanyeol, and Luhan (who she added more force on) on the head,"Idiots!"

You frowned at the laughing boys,"What's wrong with you boys! Baekhyun looks terrified and D.O is so white! Yixing, stop laughing!"

Immediately Lay stopped laughing, but a few giggles escaped his lips. You sighed and waited for Sumin to comeback. You asked Kris and Tao, who came with Sehun and Kai, to bring D.O to the tents. 

 

You were with D.O in the tent. Baekhyun had to lie down too since he felt so dead. Both had towels over their foreheads. Sumin was tending to Baekhyun,"Yah, are you alright?"

"I can't sleep with him. I'll be scared to death. Literally." Baekhyun cried under the wet towel.

Sumin sighed and shook her head,"Don't worry. Chen won't do it again...I think." She whispered the last part, sadly, Baekhyun heard her. He started to cry.

All Sumin could do was pat his head,"Sorry."

D.O's face was pale and he slowly fluttered his eyes open. "W-where am I?"

"D.O! You're awake!" You gasped and helped him up. He groaned and touched the back of his head,"What the hell happened?"

"W-well, all we know is that we heard you both scream. Then someone said you fainted." You explained to the confused boy. You handed him a water bottle to hydrate himself. "Are you feeling better?"

D.O's eyes narrowed and he growled,"Where's that damn Chen?"

"Chen's cleaning the classroom you three were supposed to clean. He said he'd do it by himself today since he felt bad about what he did." Sumin said. 

"That bastard better clean it by himself." Baekhyun snapped. 

"Anyway, since you guys are feeling better, we'll be going now. We have to finish cleaning our classroom too." You smiled at them,"I placed water and some snacks over here. Eat first and work later." You beamed when they nodded and left the tent with Sumin.

"That was nice." D.O muttered,"They're nice."

"Yeah...I know." Baekhyun looked at the neat looking snacks. 

 

The whole day, all 15 of you worked on the first floor of the school, and worked up to the second floor. Which was a floor with a few classrooms and a library. All of you were in the library, trying to fix the books and clean. The plan was to clean the classrooms the next day, along with the third floor.

It was late at night, when all of you decided to stop cleaning. Now it was time to decide who was making dinner.

"Definitely not Sumin." Luhan bluntly stated,"Or we'll die."

"Yah! I am not that bad!" Sumin defended herself and slapped Luhan's arm,"You're so mean to me!" 

"Am not! You just at cooking!" Luhan argued. Sumin huffed and crossed her arms. 

Suho sighed,"Well the only good cook I know is D.O." 

D.O sighed,"I'll make it. But I need someone else to help." 

"Lay cooks good! So does Jina!" Xiumin eyed the couple with a small smile. 

"I can't cook that well... but I'll do my best to help." You giggled. 

"I'll help you." Hana glanced at you. 

"Alright." You smiled. 

D.O, Lay, Hana, and yourself headed off to the kitchen/cafeteria. The school wasn't that bright, since the lights were a bit dim. The boys walked in first, well mostly Lay. But D.O was close behind. You grabbed the back of Lay's shirt and stayed close to him. 

Hana didn't care and grabbed onto D.O's arm,"Yah, if something pops up, you better do something!" D.O glared at her,"Did you not see me faint before!?"

You felt like you saw something down the hall and hugged Lay's waist,"What was that?" Lay could feel your breath on his neck and he let out a little laugh, it sounded weird, kind of like a dolphin, but weirder. 

The three of you stared at Lay.

He flushed,"Sorry. Im ticklish around my neck..."

You let out a little giggle and covered your mouth.

D.O snorted,"That was the weirdest laugh ever. Do it again." 

Hana was just giggling to herself.

Lay pouted,"Jina... you guys."

"Sorry, Yixing. But, I couldn't help it." You went beside him and hugged his waist again. Lay sighed,"Let's just go." He continued walking,"Or I'll leave you guys behind."

The three of you quickly followed him. 

 

You and Hana cleaned the vegetables while the boys started cutting them. Then you tried to figure out how to cook the rice with Hana. D.O got a headache while watching you and pushed you both aside. 

"I'll show you how to do it properly!" D.O nagged and started to show you girls step by step. You both nodded in awe. 

"How do you know how to cook so well?" You asked the boy.

D.O shrugged while washing the rice,"I usually helped out in the kitchen when I was a kid. It was scary to be alone when I was a kid, so I stayed with the kitchen people. They taught me everything I know." 

"Oh." Was all you said. You didn't know a guy like D.O could know how to cook. You just thought he was spoiled. But he explained how his parents were always busy with work and he was alone in his big house. 

You stated how it was the same with you, only that you had to do it yourself. Then Hana admitted she had the same problem at home. It was weird to know that most of you had the same problem. Busy parents, leaving the kids all alone at home. You found out that the other kingkas had the same situation. 

It got you thinking that maybe their attitudes were so bad because they didn't have anyone to listen to them. They figured they could do whatever they wanted, since no one was there to discipline them. It kind of changed your view on the other kingkas. 

Lay and D.O started to cook the food with their aprons. All they could find to eat was beef and some vegetables. They were going to have bulgogi. You and Hana fixed a table in the cafeteria, then set the table and poured water in glasses. 

Everyone could smell the food and made their way to the table. When everything was set. D.O announced proudly with Lay,"Dinner is served!" 

Soon everyone started to dig in. No one complained since they were all starving. The table was filled with chatter and bickering. But all in all, everyone at the table was laughing and having a good time. 

 

"Yah! No ghost stories!" Baekhyun cried in a desperate, raspy voice. His voice was going to disappear soon, he just felt it.

Everyone was surrounded around a bonfire the boys set up. It was Sumin's idea. Then Chen brought up ghost stories. 

"Please...not again." D.O felt light headed.

"Come on!" Chen pouted. He was having a blast today.

You snuggled closer to Lay and Sumin hugged Luhan's chest as he sat between her legs on the ground. Hana watched you girls with envy and eyed Sehun next to her. Sehun did everything he could to ignore her and started to chat with Tao. Hana glanced away with sad eyes.

"Who says we should tell ghost stories?" Chen asked the group. 

Everyone raised their hands besides, you, Baekhyun, D.O, and Hana. Baekhyun and D.O gaped at Chanyeol and Suho, who both shrugged their shoulders,"It sounds interesting!"

"Nooo!" Baekhyun whined. 

"Well, I guess Im not sleeping tonight." D.O sighed. 

Chen smirked, the flame's shadows created an eeried effect on Chen's face. He leaned forward  and everyone listened in. 

He opened his mouth. 

"WAIT!" Everyone's head turned to Baekhyun. "I needa get my bear!"

After Baekhyun got his bear, Chen sighed and opened his mouth once again before muttering a long gaaaaaay. Baekhyun threw a glare his way. 

"I asked an old man before we went on this field trip if he knew about this school. Coincidentally he did..." Chen started off slowly, staring at each and everyone's face. "It's definitely haunted, which is the reason why no one bought it. Until now. It's said that people, mostly principals or headmasters, used to send bad kids here for the weekend to clean the school. It was just a way to teach them a lesson...however, no matter what, at the end of the trip...one person is always missing. There's a reason why..." 

The wind howled in the night, and the fire started to flicker...Chen continued...