051

The Boy with the Dimple

It was the day of the trials for the competition. You felt frantic about this whole situation. Everyone began entering the grand auditorium, The size of it blew you away compared to the smaller one. 

"Wow." You mumbled. 

"Jina, this way!" Chen motioned you to come towards him. He was seated with Luhan, Baekhyun, and D.O. 

"Hi, guys." You greeted and sat beside Luhan and D.O.

"Are you nervous?" Baekhyun grinned. 

You scoffed and lifted your head at him,"No, why should I? Jonghyun oppa helped me. I will beat Jazz Academy." You couldn't tell them that you were nervous, it'd just make you even more nervous. 

Confidence is key! You reminded yourself while taking time looking around. You spotted Sumin in a few rows back and managed to smile at her. She waved her arm crazily like always, never failing to embarass herself. And, of course, she didn't care one bit. 

"Gosh, I can't believe I am going out with her." You heard Luhan grumble. You giggled,"Awe, but you love Sumin."

Luhan didn't bother to hide his little smile,"Yeah. Sadly." Your face was full of surprise and you lightly slapped his shoulder,"Be nice."

Daniel jumped onto the stage and showed a bright smile towards the audience,"Good afternoon, I'm Daniel. The trials are going to start. We'll be calling you up one by one. Even if you're going to perform in a group later, you'll still be doing solos. We need to make sure everyone here is the best of the best. Then, at the end, we'll pick the most extraordinary out of all of you. Good luck!" He gave his signature wink and the girls went jello. 

The young dance instructor called the best dancers of the school to perform. As each of them dance, it was pretty hard to tell which ones would be picked, they were all just great. 

In the middle of calling the next dancers, Daniel excitedly nodded his head,"I could tell this year is going to be tough on who to pick." 

Kai was surprisingly not that bad at dancing, he was actually pretty good. You still thought Lay was the best male dancer you knew. Sehun, Xiumin, Luhan, Hana, and Sumin all blew you away as well. 

"Lay, you're next man!" Daniel smirked,"Can't wait to see what you'll be performing!" 

Lay appeared on stage and bowed deeply to the instructors. He stood in the middle of the stage, his eyes met yours and he gave you a small smile. Once the music started, it was like Lay transformed into someone else with charisma...and iness. 

GD's Michigo blasted through the speakers. Students started screaming in delight. It was so heated to watch. There was a bunch of lip biting and hip ing, and it all went along with the beat. You felt yourself flushing and you didn't know why. This was something super new to you. 

At the end, Lay finished off with another lip biting pose, and you nearly fainted in your seat. You could hear Sumin screaming,"THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND'S BOYFRIEND!" You covered your face in embarrassment. 

Lay was panting hard, you could see the sweat drip down his flawless face and his glossy flexed arms. Was Lay this y? You didn't know he could be so hot and inviting.

Luhan was smirking beside you,"Are you ually frustrated?"

You blushed harder and punched his arm,"Shut up." 

You gulped as Lay decended down the stairs and went towards you.

Luhan stood up,"And this is my cue to leave." 

"Luhan!" You squeaked. 

Luhan threw you a you'll-thank-me-later look and waltzed away to Sumin, who gladly accepted him beside her.

Lay plopped down on Luhan's old seat. He had a towel wrapped around his neck, and gulped down a ton of water,"How was I?" He panted steadily, eyeing you curiously. 

"Y-You were, uh, great." You seriously didn't want to tell him he was freaking y and seductive. 

Lay pouted. He was back to his sweet, 'innocent' self. "That's it?"

You gave him a smile,"You were amazing Yixing, as always. I...enjoyed it." Lay gave you his dimple smile, which caused you to melt. 

"I really worked hard with that dance. I hoped I surprised you." Lay wrapped his arm around you and pulled you closer. You snuggled closer to him right away, and smiled in his embrace as you watched the next dancers on stage. Lay chuckled and softly planted a kiss on your temple. 

 

Mrs. Lin started calling off the names from the vocals list. One by one, powerful singers went up the stage. No wonder they were picked. You thought in amazement.

Luhan and Lay went up again to sing this time. Again, they were great. For sure they were in the competition, either singing or dancing. Suho, D.O, Chen, and Baekhyun weren't that less liked, they all hit off the trials smoothly. 

Time blew by so quickly, you were to sing next.

"Kang Jina." Mrs. Lin called your name,"You're please come up to sing." 

Lay gave you a comforting kiss on the cheek,"You'll do great, I know it." 

"GO JINA!" The boys cheered for you. 

Your legs felt wobbly as you walked up the stage. You suddenly felt light headed as you stared straight into the crowd. You were shaking, but not as bad as before where the whole audience could see it.

You bowed to the instructors. Mrs. Lin smiled at you and mouthed,'Deep breaths.' You nodded and took a deep, deep breath. 

"GO BABY GIRL! MAKE EM' CRY!"

"YEAH! GO GO GO JINA!"

"OPPA WILL TAKE YOU ON A DATE LATER!"

"YOUR REAL OPPA WILL TAKE YOU OUT! NOT THIS FOOL!"

Every single head turned to the back. 

Lay recognized  your brother and an amused smile formed on his lips. 

Your face flushed. These boys. You giggled as you spotted your four favorite oppas in the back row. They threw you smiles and winks, making the nervous feeling go away. 

You nodded and the song started to play. A sad melody started to play. You remembered all the special advices everyone's ever told you. Thus, you started to sing from  your heart. 

 

It's okay even if I can't see
It's okay even if I can't breath
If I could meet you only once
If I could give you all my heart

How much more do I have to miss you
So that maybe you could know my heart?
How much more do I to cry and cry
So that tears could be dry?

Does it hurt because of loving you?
Is it the punishment for loving you so much?
Even though you say that I can lose everything
It's okay if I just have you to be with me

Even if my heart is broken when loving you
Even if my heart is separated when waiting for you
It's okay because I love you
It's okay even if I get hurt

The farther I turn away so as to forget you
The more I miss you, What can I do
Even when you keep telling me it's not right just 
to keep me away from you
You are the only one to me, What can I do

Does it hurt because of loving you?
Is it the punishment for loving you so much?
Even though you say that I can lose everything
It's okay if I just have you to be with me

Even if my heart is broken when loving you
Even if my heart is separated when waiting for you
It's okay because I love you
It's okay even if I get hurt

Even if I get poisoned and pricked
My love for you can't stop
I will wait for you until forever
I will endure even if it hurts and hurts

Because of loving you more
It's okay even if tears fall down
It's okay even if it hurts...

Throughout singing, your face was full of pain and sorrow. You imagined as if Lay had left you. You imagined you were hurt, but you smiled anyways. Even if it was a sad smile, you smiled. It was as if you were really saying it was okay, you'd still love him even if he left you. You'd always love him, no matter what. 

Everyone stared at you, silently listening to your pain. Some tears were being shed as they saw your own tears fall from your doe eyes.

Lay felt his heart ache for an unknown reason. He almost believed you were seriously singing that to him, as if you both really broke up. He couldn't keep his eyes off you, everyone couldn't.  Even the one person sitting in the back row. 

Niel was caught off by surprise, he really didn't expect you to sing that well. He admitted you were really good, better, greater than some people at his own school. He'd never really tell you that though.

Your song ended and silence fell into the auditorium. You blinked and wiped your tears from your eyes easily. Jaws were dropped, some people could be heard crying all over the room. 

You your dry lips in anticipation. 

Mrs. Lin stared at you with a face you couldn't read. You furrowed your eyebrows. I did bad. 

Lay stood up and started to clap. People followed his action and started to clap as well.

"WOOHOO MY GIRL! MADE THEM CRY!" Jonghyun cheered loudly from the back. 

Minhyuk had a proud smile on his face,"That's my sister." 

You beamed and bowed before running off to find Lay. He had greeted you with a tight hug,"You were amazing." You giggled and hugged his neck,"It felt amazing. It really did." You and Lay smiled lovingly at each other, before sharing a sweet kiss.

"YAH! DON'T KISS MY BABY!"

You rolled your eyes once you parted from Lay. Then you realized every pair of eyes were staring at you and Lay. 

"You guys sure are bold to be making out right now." Daniel hollered from his seat. 

Blushing you hid your face into Lay's chest. The whole auditorium burst into laughter and 'awes'.

Niel smirked and rubbed his bottom lip,"This is going to be a tough competition this year. Tough, but very exciting."

 

--------------------

songs:

GD- Michigo

Seohyun- It's okay even if it hurts

was good peeps?

how's school?

boring? same.

likey the chap?

sorry, i had writers block for this chap. 

hope it didn't bore you?

niel, you butthole.