047

The Boy with the Dimple

The next day you arrived to school with bandages, scratches, and bruises on your body. Sumin and Hana didn't look so different. Students whispered to each other as they stared at you three. 

"I heard they fought the queenkas!"

"Yeah! And the queenkas lost to them too."

"I heard Nayoung's parents are going to visit the school and talk to the headmaster!"

"But didn't Jina, Sumin, and Hana just come back from a punishment?"

"The headmaster might call them in today!"

All kinds of stories were flying around the school. Exo-M and the kingkas rushed over to find you three girls. 

"What happened?!" 

"Who started it?!"

"Did you kick some ?!"

"Whoa, you guys look badass!"

"Remind me not to get you girls angry!"

"I heard you guys killed Nayoung!"

"Really? I heard they shaved her head."

"Shut up!" Sumin growled,"We didn't kill anyone or shave anyone's head! We just kicked their asses!" Sumin cheered and high fived Chen. 

You threw her a disapproving look,"Sumin, don't brag about it! We're gonna have to meet the headmaster soon." You met eyes with Lay, who had a smirk on his face,"I didn't know you'd ever be in a fight."

"They were being unfair!" You defended yourself. "It was three against one!"

Lay chuckled and patted your cheeks with both of his hands,"Alright, don't get angry now. Im just sad to see all these scratches on your pretty face." 

"You won't be the only one. My mom's going to flip when she see's my face." You sighed and touched your bruised lip,"You still love me though, right?" 

Lay playfully looked around,"I don't know..." He saw your pout and smiled,"Of course I still love you, pabo."

"Pabo!" You gasped and slapped his arm. Lay just laughed  and you continued pouting even more. You both started walking away to your class.

"Ugh, even at such a moment like this, they're still all gushy with love." Kai shivered. 

Kris laughed,"You're just jealous." 

"Am not! I can get any girl I want!" Kai declared proudly. 

D.O snickered lowly,"Except Jina." 

Kai heard him and sent his best friend a glower,"Shut up Kyungsoo!" 

 

As expected, all six girls were called to the headmaster's office: you, Sumin, Hana, Nayoung, Saera, and Hanbyul(the other two queenkas). Your parents were already there, funny how it was just your moms (minus Donghae) that were called. Good thing too, or your dad would send you abroad. 

Your mother gasped when she saw your face,"JINA! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE! Donghae I thought you were just exaggerating!" She was in the studio the whole day yesterday and today when she got the call to come to school.

Donghae pinched his daughter's cheek,"I wished I was exaggerating Nara! No wonder this girl didn't come out of her room the whole day yesterday, and went to school super early! You're lucky I answered the phone instead of your Eunhyuk appa, brat." 

"Appa! That hurts!" Sumin whined and tried to get his hands off her already swollen cheek. 

Your mother examined your face with a slit eyes,"Which one of those vile tramps did this to your gorgeous face?!" She turned around and hissed to the queenkas,"You better pray there won't be any scars! If my daughter and I can't have our mother-daughter photoshoot, I'll hunt you down!"

The three queenkas gulped in their seats. Their mothers were eyeing your mother carefully, making sure she wouldn't do anything.

"Alright, Nara, sit down. Don't make me call your mother(in-law) too." The headmaster chuckled lightly. 

"Go ahead Mr. Lee! Mother would be the one you'd want to stop when she see's what happened to her granddaughter's face." Your mother threatened fearlessly. Mr. Lee sighed, since he knew she was right. Your grandmother, Soojin, was ruthless. She really did take the Kang name seriously. 

Hana's mother, a famous ballerina, eyed the queenkas. "I knew these girls were no good! Treating my Hana like this!" Mrs. Choi fumed with anger. "To think I treated you girls as my own! Hana, Im sure you got them back right?!"

"Mom!" Hana whined. 

"Yah, Jina, you did kick their asses though, right?!" Your mother elbowed you lightly, a little twinkle in her eye. You looked away with flushed cheeks,"What do you think mom?" How can she be so happy right now?

Your mother cheerfully high fived Donghae proudly,"Oh, I taught her well."

"Nara!" Mr. Lee rubbed the bridge of his nose,"One more outburst, Im calling Soojin. I also call your husband!" 

Your mother scoffed, but settled down. The queenka's mothers were blown away by your mother's childish attitude. Your mother crossed her long, slender legs and hugged you close, glaring at the queenkas. 

"Alright, settle down." Mr. Lee tiredly sighed,"Girls," he glanced at you, Sumin, and Hana,"this is the second time you got in trouble. And you barely ended your punishment two days ago. Then, I hear you got in a fight again!" 

"Well, it was their fault! It was a three to one fight! How could we not do anything about it?! Hana's our friend!" Sumin stated quickly. 

"Is that true Hana?" Mr. Lee looked to Hana. 

Hana blushed. She really didn't want to snitch or whatever.

You saw her trouble and stood up,"It's true! Sumin and I were heading home when we heard yelling. We ran to the back and saw them towering over Hana, who was already hurt by them. I pushed Nayoung away from Hana and that's when the fight started. Through the weekend, we all got closer, sir. Hana is our friend and we just wanted to protect her." 

Hana smiled at you, and you smied back at her. She mouthed a thank you, and you nodded. 

Mr. Lee eyed the two of you and nodded,"Alright, I believe you."

"What?! Aren't you being biased over them!?" Nayoung's mother snapped angrily. "These girls hurt my daughter-"

"LOOK WHAT YOUR DAUGHTER DID TO MY DAUGHTER, DONGHAE'S DAUGHTER, AND MRS. CHOI'S DAUGHTER YOU STUPID WOMAN!" Your mother shot out of her seat and pointed to you, Sumin, and Hana. "You're one dumb woman to think you can play the guilt card on us! That's one move-"

"NARA!" Mr. Lee shouted. Your mother scorned at Nayoung's mother and went back to her seat. You grabbed her arm and gave her a look. He glowered at your mother,"One more warning before I call your husband." She was not fazed by that threat.

Mr. Lee regained his composure and looked at Nayoung's mother,"Mrs. Yang, Nara is right. I am not biased over any of these girls. But I believe them. They haven't caused that much trouble unlike these three girls." He referred to Nayoung, Saera, and Hanbyul. The queenkas lowered their heads and didn't say a word.

"To be fair, all of you will be suspended for one day." Mr. Lee finally announced. 

"Suspended?!" Nayoung's mother mumbled.

"Yes, just for one day. Which is today. Now go." Mr. Lee waved you all off. "Im going easy on you. There won't be a next time." 

 

All of you left his office. Your mother clapped her hands,"Aigoo, you're so lucky it's only one day. I remember I got suspended for a whole week for fighting with this one girl."

"Oh, did you?" Donghae smirked at your mother. She snickered,"That girl thought she could try to get Jihoo away from me, please." Your mother flipped her hair and laughed with Donghae. 

"Your mother sure is something. She kind of reminds me of my mom." Hana laughed. Mrs. Choi playfully pouted,"Hey! What's wrong with me?"

"I don't think we've been fully introduced. Im Nara." Your mother smiled and held out her hand to Mrs. Choi. "I think we'll get along fine."

"Same. I think we'll be good friends." Mrs. Choi smiled,"My name is Choi Haerin." 

"Ohh! The ballerina! I went to one of  your performances! It was breathtaking!" Donghae cooed. "Oh, I am Lee Donghae, my daughter is that brat over there!"

"I've heard about your dance studio. Impressive." Mrs. Choi giggled,"And it's a pleasure knowing a super model, like yourself Nara." 

Your mother laughed,"Ohohoho, we'll really get along!" 

You, Sumin, and Hana looked at each other and sighed while watching your three parents forget about you girls.

 

On the drive home, since you were suspended, your mother called the studio to end her schedules. She needed some mother-daughter time with you. 

"Man, good thing your dad is gone in that trip. You're so freaking lucky I was able to come." Your mother snickered behind the car wheel. 

You pouted,"But how can I go to practice after school?"

"Practice? For what?" Your mom asked you.

"Singing and guitar..." 

Your mother gasped,"Singing!?" You nodded and decided to tell her everything. Your mother listened carefully.

She smiled at you,"I am so proud of you! It take a lot of courage to face your fears, Jina. Im glad you learned to reach out to others. There's nothing wrong with asking for help. You can either gain something or lose nothing at all. You'll do great with your solo. For sure in the competition too!"

"Why does everyone think I can win in the competition." You sulked,"Im not that great-"

"Don't you dare say that Kang Jina! I will not have one of my children think with that mentality. You can do anything if you put your mind, heart, and soul into it. Look, your father decided to be a lawyer, even though that's such a boring job, he did it! Look at me, I wanted to be the best freaking model, and I am! Your oppa wanted to be a musician, and he's one famous idol! Now, it's your turn Jina. If you're afraid of what your father is going to say, well don't be. He just hasn't realized how serious you are!" Your mother stopped the car outside Sunny Dream Restaurant. 

"What are we doing here?" You asked. 

"To eat, duh!" Your mother rolled her eyes and got out of her car. You did the same and followed her inside. You went to your usual booths and ordered. 

"Jina," your mother softly smiled you,"if you want your father to approve of your singing, you have to show him you are confident about it. And that you're serious too. You're a quiet, shy girl that makes daddy afraid. He's just worried about you cause you're his youngest and only girl. He just wants you to have a secure future."

You bit your lips,"I don't know if I'll be able to sing in front of everyone." 

"You'll be fine." Your mother assured. 

"But you're not afraid of anything!" You scowled.

Your mother stared at you before laughing,"Sweety! You're so funny." She stopped laughing and stared at you,"Okay, only you and your father know about this." 

You furrowed your eyebrows and nodded,"Alright."

"Well...actually...this may sound really stupid since I am a model...but I used to be scared to get my picture taken." Your mother sipped her drink.

"W-what?" You frowned,"I don't understand. You love getting your picture taken though." 

"Now I do, before, not so much. I had a trauma when I was in middle school. Some girls bullied me and took my picture. They spread it around the whole school, tch, damn es. Ah, excuse my language. But, that really scarred me. I didn't like my picture being taken. When someone did, I'd lash out. I could hear the whole school taunt me." Your mother shook her head. 

"How did you want to be a model though?" You asked. 

"Well, I slowly got on with my life. I tried my best to be beautiful. Even though I didn't have confidence in myself..." She glanced down at her iced coffee,"Your father found out my fear. One time, he wanted to get a picture of me, but I told him I couldn't. Everytime he wanted a picture, I'd always avoid it. That is until he finally asked what my problem was. So, I just told him."

You pouted,"What did he do then?" 

"Well, he just told me,'Are you stupid? You're beautiful!' I don't know how, but something in me snapped. Slowly, everyday, your father would take my picture. And let me tell you, it was scary. I was stiff and horrible looking in those pictures. But your father was very patient with me. Everytime he'd take a picture, he made sure to compliment me. He wasn't using a professional camera either, it was just a simple disposable camera he bought at a market. We'd go get them developed and it was cringe worthy. But your father never failed at telling me how beautiful I was. He said I should show the world and those girls how beautiful I could be." Your mother giggled and hid her face in her hands,"Oh, how embarassing!" 

You blushed,"I didn't know dad was that way at all. He doesn't look like the type to say cheesey stuff."

Your mother stuck her tongue out,"That's what I love about him! It's so...rare and adorable. There was one time I really had it with the picture taking and broke down. I kept shouting at him that it was useless, I was ugly. Again he told me I was stupid. Your father said beauty doesn't come from looks, makeup, or clothes. True beauty touches the heart, not the eyes. Imagine your dad saying that!"

Your mom beamed softly,"I remember when I wanted to be a model for the first time. We were still in high school, I was your dad's date to this party, since his mother forced him to come. I met a model. Gosh, she was beautiful. So tall and full of confidence. To think she thought I was the most gorgeous woman she's ever seen! She said modeling was terrifying. You're in one minute and out the next. But she said it was challenging and tested you. You have to accept yourself was what she told me. Even though I knew I was scared of getting my picture taken, I was mostly afraid of what people would think of me. I think that was my real fear. Hearing all my classmates mock me and tell me I was ugly, really made an impact on me. Through your father and that model, they helped me realize I shouldn't care if people accepted me. It was important to accept myself first, in order for others to see the real me. That's what made me want to model. Im not afraid anymore. If I can overcome my fears, you can too, Jina."

Hearing something like that from your mother, who was the most beautiful and confident woman you knew, say she was afraid of being photographed and thinking what people thought about her was hard to believe. You would have never known! What she said was true though. 

"I think I can do it now." You mumbled.

Your mother tilted her head,"What?" She was waiting for you to say it. 

"Sing. I can do it." You nodded. "If you can do it, I can do it. I always thought you were perfect mom, even if someone doesn't, to me, you are." 

Your mother felt a warm glow inside her and went to your side of the booth to hug you. "Thank you, Jina. Mommy will always believe in you. I know you can kick in your solo and the competition."

You smiled and hugged her back. *I can definitely do this.*

 

 

----------------

kind of long chap har har har

i love jina's mom like aweesome~

i picture her playful attitude like this:

tumblr_moekmgRETB1rlbryyo1_250.gif

tumblr_mkhqumBCoo1qcg6rjo1_500.gif

tumblr_moe3chchl51s0y5evo1_500.gif

okay. baiii