031

The Boy with the Dimple

"Okay, dear. Take a deep breath, proper singing begins and ends with proper breathing dear." Mrs. Lin instructed you while straigtening your posture while you were singing a piece she gave you. 

After your little breakdown in the old auditorium, you immediately headed to Mrs. Lin. You were sure she'd be able to help you. Mrs. Lin was quite surprised with your little visit, and was even more surprised when you asked her to coach you. She knew since the first day of school you had a problem, and she's waited ever since for you to up the courage and talk to her. And now that you did, she was very pleased. She saw you determination, and knew it'd be easy to coach you. 

"You're definitely not an amateur. Who taught you?" Mrs. Lin smiled and guided you to a little table with tea placed out. "Drink this, it'll soothe your throat." 

You politely bowed and picked up the tea cup and took a small sip. "I was self-taught. Ever since I was a kid, I loved singing. Especially since I was home alone, I could sing as much as I could." 

"Ah, I see. Is that why you can't sing in front of people? You've been doing all by yourself, for no one else to hear." Mrs. Lin took a sip from her own cup and glanced at you. 

You blushed,"Kind of. But I do have stage fright.  A really bad case."

"Well, we'll work on that soon dear. The only way to fix it, is to actually sing in front of a crowd darling. Being on stage for the first time is always a frightening experience. For me, I thought was going to go blind from all the lights on me. But, as soon as you get comfortable, you'll do fine, trust me. And when you're done, you'd want to go on stage again and again!" 

Mrs. Lin's laughter sounded soft and beautiful, her singing was no different. But boy, did she have a powerful voice.

You laughed along with Mrs. Lin. You were enjoying yourself with her in your temporary 6th class. Mrs. Lin explained to Daniel about needing you, which was fine by him. Mrs. Lin knew you had potential and she wanted to prepare you for the solo, and maybe the competition as well. But first, she had to work with your stage fright.

"Your stage fright is your only problem, darling. But, you'll be over it in no time!" Mrs. Lin snapped her fingers and gave you a wink. You giggled and shyly nodded,"Yes, ma'am."

Mrs. Lin softly slapped your shoulder,"Darling, be more confident! Loosen up a bit! You're making me all stiff!" Mrs. Lin wiggled her shoulders a bit, making you giggle some more. "Yes!"

She smiled,"That's much better." She pushed up her glasses and took her tea cup and held it out to you,"To your new goal!" You clanked your tea cup with her and beamed back,"To my new goal!" 

 

"Where have you been?" Sumin cornered you at your locker. 

You eyed her with wide eyes,"That's a secret!" 

Sumin groaned and looked at Lay,"Lay! She won't tell me." 

Lay laughed and pulled Sumin away from you,"Calm down, Sumin. If she doesn't want to tell her, she doesn't have to. But we'd really like it if you tell us."

You laughed and put a finger on your lips,"It's a secret! And I won't tell you guys yet." You closed your locker and started walking out the school. You really wanted to surprise them. 

The rest of them caught up with you. 

"Why the rush?" Xiumin joked. 

You giggled,"Sorry. I just have to go home today. I have a lot of stuff to do." 

"Wait!" Luhan grabbed your arm. He sheepishly rubbed his neck,"Im sorry for saying those words to you the other day." 

You beamed up at Luhan and flicked his forehead,"It's fine. You actually made me realize a lot of things. So, thanks Luhan. But I really have to go! Bye lovelies!" You waved at the boys, hugged Sumin, and gave Lay a quick kiss before rushing off. 

"Lovelies?" Everyone said as they watched you leave. 

Lay laughed out loud, he found it fascinating how you were so excited about your little secret. He couldn't wait to see what this secret was. But he was happy you were okay and happy. You felt a little different actually. A little more confident, bursting with excitement about something. 

"What are you laughing about?" Tao grumbled. 

"Just be patient for her, you guys." Lay grinned and started to walk ahead of them,"Anyway, I gotta go to my job. Later."

 

At home you were doing warm up exercises at home. You laid on your back and placed a book on your stomach. You started to sing a comfortable note while trying to make the book go up whenever you exhaled or sang. Mrs. Lin told you to do different exercises to improve your voice. 

A half an hour later after your were done, you needed to start another warm up, but there was a problem. You didn't have a piano. You used to have one, well your older brother Minhyuk did, but he took it along with him. 

You took out your phone and dialed his number. "Oppa! I need your help. I need a piano." You told him.

"A piano?" Minhyuk scoffed,"What for?"

"I need to do warm ups for singing!" You explained to him what was happening and Minhyuk told you to come over to the company. They had a free schedule and all of them were in the practice room. 

You jumped in the air and raced to change your clothes. After wearing decent clothes, which consisted of a baggy sweater, leggings and your brown uggs, you left the house and headed toward FNC Ent. 

Outside the building, Minhyuk was waiting for you. His face  brightened up once he saw you,"Jina~!" He pulled you into a tight embrace and squeezed you from side to side,"I missed you sooo much!" 

"Hi oppa." You giggled and patted his back. 

"Let's go!" He grabbed your hand and started to swing it along with his. He lead you up stairs, down hallways, to the practice room. 

There, the CNBlue members lounged lazily on the couches, playing on game counsels. They were so lazy, they didn't even bother to look up and check they had guest. 

You pouted your lips at their behavior. "So lazy." 

"Don't worry, they're always like this when we have free time. Jungshin is always addicted to that spot in the corner because the wifi is stronger there." Minhyuk pointed to the band member whose eyes were stuck on the laptop. 

"Oppas!" You called out. "Are you not going to notice me?"

"Ngghh." Was there response, whatever that was. 

"OPPAS!" That broke there trance and they all stared at you. Smiles started to form on their faces,"Oh! Dongsaeng! Since when were you there?!"

"Omo, have you finally started to realize you're destined to date me!?" Jonghyun beamed and ran to spin you in the air. You laughed and slapped his face lightly,"Sorry oppa, but I have-"

"You have me~!" Jungshin carried you this time, far away from Jonghyun. Minhyuk sighed and carried you away from the maknae,"No."

"That's right. You're all going to lose. Cause she's gonna date me." Yonghwa smirked and hugged you from behind.

This is not cheating. This is not cheating. You chanted to yourselves. These oppas are crazy. These oppas are crazy.

"Cut it out oppas!" You wiggled free from Yonghwa rubbing his face against yours. You dusted yourself.

"Ouch. I don't have cooties love." Yonghwa feigned pain and sat beside Jonghyun on the couch.

"Anyway, I already have a boyfriend. So, hah." You announced to the band. They all started choking, especially your brother. 

"WHAT?!" They roared. 

"WHO IS THIS BASTARD?!" Minhyuk growled.

Jonghyun pointed to himself,"HE CAN'T BE BETTER LOOKING!"

"YOU BROKE OPPA'S HEART!" Jungshin sank to the ground in his wifi corner, and started hugging his laptop.

"Watch, Im going to make a song out of this." Yonghwa warned you with his fingers pointed at you. 

You just rolled your eyes at the over-exaggerating band members. "Calm down, you big babies. Now, where's the keyboard oppa?" 

Your brother just crossed his arms,"No way! Now who is it? Wait...that Chinese guy right? Lay!"

Blushing, you nodded,"Yes, oppa. Now, can I please leave with the keyboard. I need to practice."

"He's Chinese?! Damn...anyway, what are you practicing for? Oh, are you making a song for me?" Jonghyun batted his eyes at you. 

You pretended to gag,"No, Im going to have to do a solo for my vocal class in school." Jonghyun made an 'o' with his mouth,"I see.  When are you going to let us hear you sing though?"

"I don't think I'd want professional singers to hear me, a non-professional singer, sing. That's just a no." You shook your head at him,"That's too embarrassing. I compared to you guys." 

"That's not true!" Jungshin protested,"Minhyuk showed us a recorded video of you singing before-" Minhyuk shut his mouth with his hand and gave you a small smile,"I'll go get that keyboard now."

You eyed him,"Yeah."

Yonghwa was giving you a creepy smile. You got creeped a bit,"What?"

"Im just proud of you, that's all. We all are." Yonghwa chuckled and brought you to sit between him and Jonghyun. 

"Why is that?" You asked him.

"Cause slow poke, you made it into Seoul Fine Arts Academy! Duh!" Jonghyun bonked your head with an obvious smile. 

"Oh." Was all you said. "Yeah, but I have stage fright..."

"So what. You can cure that easily! I had stage fright, we all did. But we worked hard and overcame that fear." Jonghyun waved his hand like it was nothing. You giggled.

Yonghwa became serious,"Im serious when I said we're all proud of you. You're basically our little sister, and for a big brother to watch his lil sis get accepted into the top performing arts school, who wouldn't be proud. I mean, you were accepted! They don't accept just anyone! I mean, Jonghyun auditioned to that school before too!" 

Jonghyun nodded and sighed,"Yeah."

You gaped at him,"Really?"

"YEAH! AND HIS GOT REJECTED~!" Jungshin snickered. 

Jonghyun growled and threw a couch pillow at him. Jungshin cried in pain on the ground but continued laughing. Jonghyun looked at you, then hung his head low,"How embarrassing is that a kpop idol didn't get accepted into Seoul Fine Arts, but a little girl did?!" 

That definitely shocked you. Jonghyun got rejected, but you didn't. You started clapping, you couldn't describe how happy you were. 

"My misery is your happiness, but at least you're happy." Jonghyun sighed with a small smile. 

You gave him a hug,"Im sorry, oppa. But, you're living your dream right now, right?" 

Jonghyun laughed and ruffled your head,"You lil kiddo." 

"So, work hard and make us oppas proud, ok?" Yonghwa smiled and pinched your cheeks. You nodded in return. You had more motivation to strive higher. 

"I GOT IT!" Minhyuk walked in with a big keyboard at hand. 

You all stared at him and he stared back. 

"Yeah...we're going to give you a lift home." Yonghwa nodded and reassured you.

You eyed the keyboard,"That'd be nice."

 

 


 

hey, triple update~ for the days i didn't update~

i want CNBlue oppas...well i've never really listened to them that much, nor do I know much about them

so forgive me if their personalities aren't like that in real life????

whatevs~ in this story they will be like the crazy oppas i want them to be :D

much love <4

-panda