042

The Boy with the Dimple

"GYAAAAAAH!!!" 

 

"What was that?!" Kris and Suho stared at each other. Their eyes widened,"!"

They raced down the stairs to the first floor where Xiumin and Chanyeol were. The rest of the boys were there as well, gathered around something. 

"Who was it this time?" Suho panted. 

"..Xiumin and Chanyeol." Baekhyun whispered while pointing at their flashlights. 

Kai picked up a note,"Here." He handed it to the two leaders. 

Kris grabbed it and read the note with Suho. The letter was written in scribbles with blood.  

Let's all play a game.

Hide and seek.

You hide.

We seek.

Seven down...

Eight more to go...

"W-what the hell?!" Suho growled,"!"

"Hide and seek? So what are we supposed to do? Just wait for those ing bastards to find us?!" Luhan slammed his fist into the wall.

Kai patted his shoulder,"Calm down." 

"Calm down?! How can we calm down?! We're all going to ing die in this hell hole! Im going to find everyone and Sumin and get the hell out of here." Luhan stormed off. 

Lay nodded his head with a grim expression,"Im not waiting for this dead class to kill Jina and I." Lay left after Luhan. 

Kai, Sehun, Kris, Suho, Chen, and Baekhyun watched as they left. 

Baekhyun eyed Kris and Suho,"What do we do now?" 

"Continue." Suho sighed,"We can't leave anyone behind."

"Hopefully no one else disappears." Kris glanced around the old hallway. 

 

"Damn, where the hell could they be?" Luhan and Lay walked beside one another. They flashed their light around the creaking halls and messed up walls.

Lay frowned while waving his flashlight around impatiently,"We basically searched the whole school. How is it possible we haven't found them yet?"

Lay was beyond worried. Scared even. How could you disappear right before him?! How could he be so careless? You were his responsibility and he failed at protecting you. But Lay was sure nothing would happen and that stupid ghost story was fake. Now, the other boys were starting to disappear too. 

Lay and Luhan kept on walking around. From the corner of Lay's eyes he spotted a weird part on the wall. A huge, rectangular part of the wall was sticking out, like an old door. He went up closer and noticed a hole missing, probably where a door handle would be. Luhan was behind him, watching with anticipation. 

The door was hard to open, but Lay managed to open it widely. He and Luhan pointed their flashlights into the darkness. There were stairs leading down. 

"W-what the hell?" Luhan muttered while squinting his eyes. "Is this a basement?! But, there's a basement at the end of the other hall? What's this then?"

"Maybe an older basement?" Lay placed a foot on the first step hesitantly. He checked if they were strong enough still. The old stairs creaked, but it was firm still.

Lay started to head down,"Let's check it out." 

Luhan nodded and followed him down,"I think they might be here."

"Is anyone here?" Lay called out into the darkness. 

Reaching the bottom, it was an old basement. Older than the other basement in the school, but this one was completely archaic. Cobwebs were everywhere, not to mention how dusty it was. The air had a thick musty, moldy smell.

Luhan started coughing,"Damn, this place is stuffy." 

"Tell me about it." Lay croaked and pushed a bunch of cobwebs away. 

Something fell on the ground and the boys quickly shined their lights on the floor, looking for the fallen object. Lay choked and fell to his knees. With shaking hands he picked up a silver ring with a curve on it, your ring. 

"W-what is it?" Luhan stuttered, kneeling beside Lay. 

"J-Jina's ring. It's her ring, the one I gave her for Christmas. Damn it! What if we're too late?" Lay cried and gripped the silver piece of jewelry. 

Luhan's eyes fell on the ring and he gripped Lay's shoulder,"Lay, this means they were here though. Im sure she's fine. We'll find them."

Luhan wasn't so confident in his own words, but he had to believe all of you were alright. Lay was starting to lose faith, but he was going to make sure you'd all be found. Luhan gripped Sumin's bracelet in his pocket.

Luhan looked Lay in the eyes,"We'll find-"

"No...we...found...you..." A voice sang.

Lay and Luhan felt a cold shiver run down their body. They felt another presence with them and gulped. The two boys slowly turned their heads to face the owner of the voice, then let out a shrill scream.