025

The Boy with the Dimple

"YAH!" 

Both you and Luhan turned around, facing a fuming Chen, Tao, Kris, and Xiumin. You and Luhan looked at each other when Chen pointed fingers at the both of you,"Why didn't you invite us!? We could've given you good ideas for presents!"

"Yeah! We wanted to help out so bad!" Tao crossed his arms.

Kris nodded,"And we waited for you guys to ask us."

"But you didn't." Xiumin shrugged, the one who didn't really care. 

You blinked at all of them and gasped,"Oh, Im sorry! I didn't mean to leave you guys out."

"Don't apologize to these idiots, Jina. Anyway, you guys aren't really the best at giving opinions." Luhan sighed and stared at all his friends.

"We give good opinions!" Chen argued.

Luhan eyed his friends,"Oh really. When I asked for an idea for a present for my mom, what did you guys say?"

Chen looked away,"A-A taser..."

You looked at Chen, you didn't know what to say. Chen saw you gaping at him and frowned,"What?! There was a murderer around town! I just wanted to make sure aunty was safe. I got one for my mom." Chen whispered the last part with a wink.

Luhan eyed Tao next, who turned red,"A...." 

"BWOH?!" You yelped.

Tao started crying and pointed at Kris,"KRIS GE SAID IT WAS A GOOD MASSAGING TOOL! I DIDN'T KNOW!"

"Yeah. This fool, I almost killed him when Kris admitted he was the one who suggested the idea." Luhan spat and pretended to hit Tao, who held out his arms to protect himself, whimpering a sorry.

"Hey, but there was nothing wrong with my suggestion! I suggested a plushie!" Kris smiled proudly.

Luhan scoffed and rolled his eyes,"Yeah, who the heck wants an alpaca plushie with an eye patch? Huh?!" 

Kris frowned,"Hey! I have one! His name is Ace!"

You couldn't believe what you were hearing at the moment. You were kind of glad you didn't invite them. Problem was that you still didn't get Lay's gift, so you were kind of worried about their opinions. 

Lastly, Xiumin smiled,"I just suggested a day at the spa." You secretly sighed in relief.

Luhan patted Xiumin's head,"Yeah, good job. The eldest has some sense. But I just bought her a rice cooker instead."

You gave Luhan a look. Maybe you couldn't trust his judement as well. But Luhan pinched your cheeks, feeling offended by the look you were giving him,"Yah! She kept complaining she needed a new one, okay?! Don't put me in the same category as these pabos!"

"Ouch! Stop pinching me!" You cried and smacked his hand away. Luhan gasped and held his hand,"You dare hit these precious hands! Im telling on you!"

You couldn't help but roll your eyes at him,"So, scared. I'll tell Sumin your little confession you told me." Luhan growled and shook his head,"You're so lucky you have a scary best friend."

You smiled,"I know."

Chen cleared his throat,"Let's get the present."

You and Luhan glanced at him with worry. 

"A BIG BAG OF LAY'S CHIPS!" Chen shouted. You choked a bit once he yelled that. 

"NO! TAPE RECORDER! LAY GE IS FORGETFUL!" Tao screamed at you.

Kris rolled his eyes,"Please. Those gifts . How about a drawing or card? A big one though, like a poster! Very original and charming! I can help you make the poster and drawing!"

Luhan snickered,"You at drawing!"

Kris frowned and shook his index finger,"Poor writing does not necessarily represent poor drawing! Geez." 

You just shook your head,"N-no it's fine, Kris..." Kris turned his head away from you,"That's fine..."

There was an awkward silence when Xiumin asked a question,"Do you know how to knit?" 

You slowly nodded,"Yeah, Sumin taught me."

"Why don't you just make Lay something then? Saves you money too." Xiumin pointed out. You hit your head lightly,"Why didn't I think of that! I'll make him something!"

"Well then, let's stop by a yarn shop or something." Luhan suggested. 

"Can't we go too!?" Chen and the boys whined.

You smiled and found no harm in them going,"Yeah, why not?"

Luhan sighed,"This is going to be a mess."

Luhan was right. At the yarn shop, the boys kept arguing which color was Lay's favorite. You already knew his favorite colors, but you didn't want to make him a purple or black, they weren't that satisfying to you. After glancing around, you finally spotted a nice color. 

"Alright, I think Im set." You announced and headed toward the cashier to check out your items. 

You all walked side by side down the sidewalk. 

"Thanks for trying to help me today, guys!" You smiled at all Exo-M. 

"Anytime! If you need gift ideas, you know who to call." Chen winked at you.

Luhan rolled his eyes and snapped,"Not you."

The two started to bicker with each other, and the rest of you didn't even bother to stop them. 

You seperated with the guys after riding the train home. You waved at all of them and quickly went home to start on Lay's gift. 

"Yixing's going to love it!" You squealed to yourself and started to knit.

 

It was Christmas morning, you woke up stretching your arms in the air. You sighed and took a deep breath. You smiled from excitement and raced downstairs, expecting your mother to be cooking, and your father drinking his coffee and reading his daily newspaper.

Running downstairs, you paused at the last step. The whole first floor was dark. Your shoulders slightly slumped and your smile vanished. Placing your feet on the cold tile floor, you walked over to your lit up Christmas tree. A mountain of presents were stacked under the tree.

You knelt down to the carpet and looked at all your presents. Different sizes of gifts where surrounding you. You knew most of them were from your mom, since your dad didn't really like to buy a lot of things. You spotted some presents from your grandparents too. 

You opened all of your mom's gifts, which was half of the pile. Most of her gifts were brand named clothes, bags, shoes, jewelry, and other unique presents.

Then, you grabbed two presents from your father. Each were wrapped in a baby blue box and white ribbon. Tiffany & Co. You opened the rectangular one first and gasped. You held up the Tiffany Heart bookmark with heart dangling at the end. Your father knew you well enough to get you something related to books. You opened the second box and it was a smaller one. Inside was a cute sterling silver bear.

"This is so cute!" You smiled and held up the necklace and put on yourself. 

Suddenly, the front door opened.

"Oh! Geez, she's already up!" Your mom pouted and walked in with some grocery bags, along with your father. He gazed down at the little mess you made,"And she opened up the presents. Not surprised though."

"What?! I thought we could open them up together!" You heard your mom whine in the kitchen. You helped your father carry some bags to the kitchen. Your mom was already assorting them.

"You guys were home?" You asked as you sat on a stool. 

Your mom nodded,"Didn't you see my note on the table?"

You shook your head,"I thought you had work..."

Your mom smiled at you from behind the counter,"I wanted to spend some time together! Minhyuk is coming home later for dinner. I threatened your father to stay home from work, or I'd lock him outside."

"Nara, that is unnecessary! I already planned on having a day off anyway." Your father shook his head at her. Your mother giggled and kissed his cheek,"I didn't know that. Thank you darling~!" 

"Yeah, yeah." Your father sighed and went out the kitchen. 

Your mother winked at you,"Did you get Yixing a present?" She whispered in a hush tone, not wanting your father to hear. You nodded,"I knitted him something!" 

"How lovely Jina! I remember I couldn't knit, but I tried to make your father something. It turned out horrible though and I was so close to just buying him one. But your father insisted it was a hassle to just buy a new one and just took it. Till this day he still uses it~!" Your mother giggled cheerfully and started to whistle a little jingle. 

You played with the edge of the plates and smiled. You were happy. It was starting to feel like a real family again. You helped your mother serve breakfast, then you all sat at the table and ate breakfast. It gave you a warm feeling to eat breakfast with your parents on Christmas morning. Yes, you were definitely happy. You weren't alone.

After breakfast, you handed your parents their presents. Your mother was happy to find a cute locket with a picture of you, Minhyuk, and your mother.

"I love it Jinnie~!" Your mother cooed and pulled you into a tight hug. She kissed your head and smiled,"I'll treasure it deeply and wear it everyday! I always wanted one from your father, but he thought it was silly." 

Your father rolled his eyes,"Nara, why would you need a picture of my face inside a necklace?" 

"It's cute! That's why!" Your mom reasoned and huffed,"Pabo." She asked you to clasp it around her neck, and she caressed it,"I really do love it, Jinnie. I hope you liked my presents too?"

You smiled and nodded,"My closet is happy for sure. But, thank you mom for the gifts." Your mom smirked at your father,"I told you she'd love my gifts~! I am the best with gifts."

"Nara, please, those aren't things she really needs!" Your father shook his head,"Im sure she liked my two gifts better, right Jina?"

You smiled brightly, and held out your current book and showed him your necklace around your neck. "I love them daddy! Especially the book mark! I didn't even know Tiffany & Co. made bookmarks!"

Your mother pouted while your father proudly smiled at you,"I had it customed made just for you. Keep studying hard Jina."

"I will." You promised. 

 

You told your parents you had some errands to do, and your mother shot you a wink,"Have fun, Jinnie! And don't be late for dinner. Maybe invite a friend over too?"

Your father gave a questioning look to your mother,"A friend? Like Sumin?"

"Honey, nevermind, get back to reading your newspaper!" Your mother pushed your father back inside the house and gave you one last smile before shutting the door. 

You smiled at your parent's behavior and started to walk down the road. It was late afternoon. The whole day, you spent time with your parents. Watching movies or talking about old stories. Your mother finished her story about your father. 

"I was not that popular." Your father admitted,"Your mother is exaggerating!"

"Please! Calling a line of girls at the gate of school, greeting you with giddy smiles and confessions, not popular? I swear one time I was going to get murdered by your little fan girls." Your mother scoffed at him and flipped her hair,"But, I was the best suited for you."

"I never understood why you liked me. I was a nerd. You could've dated Jaejoong! He was much better looking and suited for you." Your father asked your mom while rubbing his chin,"It really is a mystery to me."

Your mother smiled and snuggled close to your father,"I could be me whenever I was with you. You treated me like a decent person, not a beauty doll or something. You didn't care about my looks. Plus, I fell in love with you the minute you laid eyes on me and told me my skirt zipper was down." 

You let out a little snort and eyed your parents.

Your father had an embarrassed look on his face,"Sadly, that's how I met your mother...I always thought she was a stupid, dense girl."

Your mother gasped and hit his arm,"Hey!" 

Your father chuckled. 

Your eyes widened. It's been a while since your father laughed or smiled. He was acting like a total different man with your mom. You could see all the love in his eyes when he looked at your mom. You smiled as your watched your parents interact with each other. 

"But, my views changed on her quickly. I learned she was smart, kind, and very caring. I could never keep up with her wild side though. Always doing something crazy and getting us both in trouble." Your father smiled down at your mother, who was resting her head on his shoulder.

You were amazed on how much your parents loved each other. You hoped your love would always continue grow with Lay beside you. A new dream formed within you, to grow old together with Lay and never to stop loving each other. 

You hugged Lay's gift bag and smiled as you walked to the cafe where you were supposed to meet Lay. You peeked through the window and looked for your boyfriend. The cafe was filled with different couples, families, or friends. You decided to enter thinking it'd be better to find him.

At last, you spotted Lay in the far end of the cafe, sitting alone in a booth. You smiled and made your way to him,"Yixing~! Merry Christmas!" You greeted him cheerfully.

Lay looked up from his warm drink and stood up to hug you,"Hey Jina. Merry Christmas." You buried your face into his chest and smiled,"How was your Christmas so far?" You asked him while taking the seat across from him. 

"I spent some time with my mom before she had to work...she got me this sweater." Lay held out his arms and showed off his stripe,  knitted sweater.

You smiled and nodded,"It's beautiful. Suits you a lot. What did you get her?"

"I got her a spa gift card and a book from her favorite author." Lay chuckled a bit,"She was so happy."  

You felt a tingle of joy from watching Lay talk about his mom. He loved his mom a lot.

Lay cleared his throat,"How about you?" He sounded a bit hesitant, worrying you'd be a little down. But you smiled,"My parents surprised me by staying home."

"They were home?" Lay's lip tugged upwards. 

"Yeah! I thought I was home alone again this year." Your voice trailed off. Lay saw your face contort into a little painful frown, but it was replaced by a big grin,"Mom said they were shopping for groceries and we had breakfast together, then we just spent time together." 

Lay grabbed your hand and softly gripped it,"That's good, you got to spend time with them. Im happy for you, Jina. I was kind of worried about you, to be honest." 

You furrowed your brows in confusion,"Worried about me? Why is that, Yixing?"

"I was scared you'd be all alone." Lay revealed with a worried glance,"I didn't want you to feel alone." 

You stared at Lay's flustered face and started to laugh out loud. Lay turned into a deeper shade of red as you kept laughing at him. Struggling to regain composure, you gave Lay a tearful smile,"I wasn't alone today. So, you didn't have to worry about a thing Yixing. You don't have to worry to much, Im used to being left alone, so it's fine." You easily shrugged your shoulders.

Lay shook his head furiously and seriously stared back at you,"That's not fine! You shouldn't have to be used to being alone, Jina. I don't want to continue knowing that you're always alone. You've been alone too long already. So, whenever you're alone, you'll have me by your side to make you feel better." Lay declared with a nod. 

Lay's outburst shocked you. A smile formed on your lips and you gripped his hand tightly,"Thank you Lay. You're the best boyfriend ever." 

Lay grinned,"Aren't I your only boyfriend?"

You blushed in response.

Lay softly proclaimed while staring straight into your eyes lovingly,"I'll be the best boyfriend you'll ever have, and with that you won't need anyone else but me." 

"Yixing..." Your heart started to skip a few beats from his heart-melting words. That was the sweetest thing he's ever said to you, and you were going to treasure it till the end of your days.

 

After a very merry dinner, Lay and you walked to the park to the fountain. It was decorated with lots of lights and snowflake decorations. A white Christmas feel radiated from the park. 

A lot of couples were around, strolling around the park hand in hand. You and Lay didn't feel awkward at all and strolled closed to one another. Lay daringly wrapped his arm around you to bring your closer to him. You smiled to yourself and you slowly wrapped your arms around his waist. Lay's ears turned a bit red, but he was happy from the sudden skinship between you two.

"Should we exchange our gifts?" Lay asked you. 

You almost forgot and nodded excitedly,"Yes! Im really excited for you to see your gift! I worked hard on it." You smiled and held out the gift bag,"Merry Christmas Yixing!"

Lay chuckled at your cute behavior and peeked inside the gift bag. He pulled out a thick, red scarf. You bit your lip in worry,"Do you like it? I know it's a bit messy, but I really tried to make it presentable! If you want, I can do another one for you! I know your favorite color is purple, but I didn't want to make a purple scarf cause it'd look weird! I can redo it for you if you want-"

You were interrupted by a pair of soft, warm lips. You slowly closed your eyes as your felt hypnotized by Lay's kiss, and you kissed him back. Breathlessly you gazed up at Lay and he had a small smirk on his face,"Ssh." 

Blinking up at him, your faced burst with different colors of red. Your fingertips touched your lips and you kept gazing up at Lay. You were out of words to say to him so instead you just asked,"S-So you like it?" You whispered. 

Lay brought his face closer to yours, his lips a few centemeters away, his warm breath tickling your lips,"I love it." He smiled at you and guided a strand of hair away from your face. He then wrapped your scarf around his neck,"It's warm~!" Lay beamed at you.

Anything more, you felt like you'd faint. Your legs felt weak like jello. Lay was making your insides go crazy. Lay had that smirk on his face and grabbed your waist securely,"Are you going to faint?"

"N-No!" You stammered and got a hold of yourself. Who knew Yixing could be so...y?

He chuckled and dug into his pocket,"Here's your present."

He held out a pink box with a white ribbon and pink polka-dots. You took off the lid and glanced at the two silver rings side by side. The two of them had engraved curves on them, and when they were put together, they made a heart. 

Lay grabbed your left hand and slid in the smaller ring through your ring finger. Your eyes glistened at the piece of metal,"It's beautiful, Yixing. I love it." You whispered as you ran your index finger above it.

"I thought we need couple rings. So people knew you are mine, and that Im yours." Lay held up his hand in front of you,"Mind helping me with mine?" He said in a teasing voice. You saw the playful excitement in his eyes and giggled,"I will eagerly help you out." 

You took his from the box and easily slid the ring through his finger. You both laid out your hands in front of each other and stared at your rings. You smiled and place the box back inside your bag. All of a sudden Lay grabs both of your hands and pulls your closer to him.

Lay caresses your face and smiles when your cheeks burn red,"I want us to be closer from now on. I want to know more and more about you, things only I know. I'll be more selfish toward you...I want to be closer emotionally and physically. Is that alright with you, Jina?" Lay asked softly. 

You slowly nodded while gazing into Lay's bright eyes,"Yes."

Lay's smile grew as he leaned in towards you. In response, you closed your eyes and felt Lay's soft lips kiss you gently on yours. Sweet and delightful. A perfect second kiss. 

"You kissed me two times already." You mumbled as you snuggled closer to Lay. He chuckled softly against your ear,"Don't worry. You'll lose count soon." 

 

-----------------------

HI YOU GUISE~

i haven't updated lately...but i did today~

woohoo first kisses rock huh?!

I AM SO HAPPY FOR THE NEW CHECK BOXES FOR THE NEW STORIES AND STUFF...YAY.

mkay.

bye

love you guys

thanks for the new subscribers and upvotes~ and comments <33

***excuse my mistakes***