048

The Boy with the Dimple

Lay picked you up for school the next day. He was really worried about you. Luhan told him you and the other girls were suspended for the whole day and were sent home. He tried calling you, but your mother took your phone away, she needed to punish you some way. 

"Are you okay!?" Lay asked right away when he saw you.

You laughed and nodded,"Im fine. Great actually." Talking with your mom gave you a lot of encouragement. She even helped you practice a bit, even though it wasn't much help, she tried her best. 

"Were your parents mad?" He grabbed your hand as you both started walking.

You smiled,"My dad doesn't know. My mom was fine with it. She took my phone though, but gave it back to me today." 

"Oh, okay, I guess. That's good." Lay nodded, relieved. His thumb grazed my knuckles,"I happy you're in school again, I was kind of lonely you weren't there."

You heart softened at his comment, and you hugged his arm while resting your head on his strong shoulder,"I missed you too, Yixing." 

A smile formed on each of your lips as you two walked your way to school.

 

"Welcome back Miss Badass." Chen smirked at you. You rolled your eyes.

Exo-M was hanging out by your lockers asking you what happened. Luhan came hand in hand with Sumin clinging onto him. He also smirked at you,"Hey Jina."

"What?" You frowned at him. 

"Congrats on your first suspension." Luhan snickered. 

Kris shook his head and stared at you,"Don't listen to this idiot. And you shouldn't be happy they got suspended!" He wacked Luhan behind the head. 

You and Sumin giggled as Luhan got scolded. 

Tao smiled,"Hi Sehun and Hana~!" 

All of you turned to see them walking towards you guys. You, Sumin, and Hana started to talk right away, something about a sleepover. The boys just looked at each other and shrugged.

"Am I invited?" A smooth voice walked over. 

Hana rolled her eyes,"Ew, Kai. Go away." Kai feigned a little cry, Hana just rolled her eyes away again,"Such a drama queen." 

The kingkas walked over and greeted you all with friendly smiles. Chanyeol started roaring with laughter,"I can't believe you girls got suspended!"

"They're lucky it was just for a day though." Suho smiled. 

Xiumin nodded his head,"I know, remember when we all got suspended for a week?" 

The kingkas and Exo-M nodded with a reminisced look on their face.

Baekhyun sighed,"Good times."

"Good times my ." Luhan snided. 

The two boys eyed each other before bursting out into a fit of laughter, the rest of the group started to laugh, except you three girls. 

"What is wrong with them?" Sumin mumbled.

You shrugged your shoulders,"I don't know."

"They're boys, it's what they do." Hana snorted whils shaking her head. This time, the three of you started laughing. 

The boys stopped once they heard tinkling laughter. All heads turned to you three with confused faces.

Sehun muttered,"Why are they laughing?"

"Beats me." D.O raised a brow.

"They're girls, it's what they do." Chen and the boys roared with more laughter, causing you three girls to walk away from them. 

"Gosh, they're so embarrassing." Sumin and Hana sneered together. You just trailed behind giggling. 

"Wait! Where are you girls going!?" The boys piled after you girls. 

 

"Ready for vocal classes today?" Luhan smiled at you. 

You gulped and shook your head,"Yes and no."

"Awe, why?" Luhan nudged you,"You'll do great! Excellent! Perfect!" He threw compliments your way, making you less nervous. 

Chen was walking on the other side of you. The three of you were heading to Mrs. Lin's class, and today was the day where the class had to do their solos.  

"I think you'll do fine too." Chen ruffled your hair. "Just relax, take deep breaths, and sing from here." He pointed to your heart. "Cliche, but true. Feelings and emotions are what makes a good singer." 

"Chen's right. If you show emotions, it makes a great impact on the audience." Luhan grinned. 

You tried to remember their last minute advices. You remembered Mrs. Lin telling you about something similar. That's when she told you to carefully pick your song. 

Everyone was already inside the class. Chen and Luhan went to their seats. You met eyes with Mrs. Lin and she gave you an encouraging smile. 

Class started and one by one students went up to do their solos. Chen volunteered to sing even! More than half of the students sang their solo, and they were all decent singers. The ones who stood out to you the most were Chen and Luhan. Boy did their singing make your heart flutter. 

You gulped and felt your hands start to sweat and shake. Your mouth began to dry and felt like your legs would be like jello if you walked up to the front. 

Mrs. Lin eyed you and saw your nervous state. She sighed and looked at the time. Few more minutes and class would be done. She was really hoping to hear your voice with the class. 

"Alright, only one student didn't get to do their solo, Song Sumin. You will be performing your solo at lunch for me." Mrs. Lin announced. "We don't have that much time left in class. Well done for those who sang." 

As on cue, the bell rang and students rushed out of class. Luhan, Chen, and you walked out of class. You had mixed feeling leaving the classroom. You were happy about not having to sing. At the same time, you kind of felt sad that you couldn't. 

Someone poked the spot between your eyebrows, and you looked up to see a grinning Luhan. 

"What's with the face?" He asked.

You grimaced a little,"What face?"

"That weird face where you-don't-know-what-the-heck-is-happening face. We can tell your distressed about something." Chen chuckled and patted your head comfortingly,"What's wrong?" 

You sighed,"I do feel weird. I don't know whether to feel happy or sad about not singing in class..." You scratched your head and groaned,"What do I do? I was supposed to sing today to help me with my stage fright!"

Luhan flicked your nose and you gaped at him,"Luhan!" 

He looked at you with a serious face,"Kang Jina, you sing because you want to sing, not because you have to. Well, except with vocal classes cause you really have to. Besides that, I think if you really wanted to sing in front of  a crowd, you could. You just don't want to. You need to feel confident about what you do Jina. You love singing right?"

You nodded your head,"Yes."

"Then sing. Don't worry about the class or who's watching! Hell, you should the audience you're an amazing singer! Blow them away and make them want more! Stage fright shouldn't keep you away from doing something you truly love!" Luhan exclaimed a little bit too excited, students who passed by gave him weird stares. 

Chen and Luhan started to laugh and walk on ahead of you. You both stared at them having a good time. It was like a new light opened up in your heart. 

He's right. I want to sing. I can do this. You nodded with determination.

Luhan and Chen looked back to see you missing beside them,"Jina! You coming?"

"Stop daydreaming already!" Chen hollered with a snicker. 

You showed them a confident smile. Chen and Luhan looked at you with awe. They could see a small change in the way you smiled.

"Let's go!" You wrapped your arms around theirs and pulled them along. 

 

-----------------

random thing i made an IG account cause i can bishes

follow me if you want : panda_poke

har har i already have one, but this is focused on kpop and shiizzz

brb while i go flower shopping~