049

The Boy with the Dimple

"I'll sing. And I'm aiming for the competition." You said to Mrs. Lin once it was lunchtime already. 

Mrs. Lin was surprised by your sudden gust of a new kind of air, confidence. She could see the determination in your eyes and smiled. "Alright, start when you're ready." 

"It's alright if I use a guitar right?" You asked Mrs. Lin.

She nodded her head with a gentle smile,"Yes, you can dear."

The classroom was empty. It was just you and Mrs. Lin. You opened Yonghwa's guitar case and grabbed the guitar. You sat on a stool. You took a deep breath and slowly let it out. When your heart was steady, you started to sing while picking at the guitar strings.

Your soft, smooth voice filled the room with the gentle strumming of your guitar. 

Actually after our first meeting
saying I like you
isn’t something easy for me

If I don’t contact you first
I'm afraid of missing you
I type out the text, hesitate a bit, then delete it again
I keep repeating this process over and over

If my love for you gets any deeper
it will only result in getting hurting
my fears are filling my mind
this is the truth

Praying with all my heart, the person i’m yearning for
I believe that person is you

Woo… I’m in love
woo… I’ll fall in love
never feel any more fear
as long as i’m with you
the world is so beautiful

I thought i’m never gonna fall in love
but i’m in love, cause i wanna love you baby

Actually from the first time I met you
somewhere deep in my heart
you crashed in like a strong wave
you’re the only thing in my mind all day
I can be your good lover
wanna be your four-leafed clover
it feels like i’ve become the happiest woman in the world

Please you gotta believe me
make you never gonna leave me
I won’t be suspicious, I’ll trust you

Ahhh… I’m in love
ahhh… I’ll fall in love
never feel any more fear
as long as i’m with you
the world is so beautiful

Woo… I’m in love (I’m so deep in love)
woo… I’ll fall in love
never feel any more fear
as long as I’m with you
the world is so beautiful

You are so beautiful

While doing your solo, you sang from your heart. You let everything go and just sang. You were having a good time, especially playing with the guitar. Your strong voice blew Mrs. Lin away. She didn't expect you to be so amazing. 

Once you were done, she immediately started clapping,"Bravo! Now, that's a real singer's voice! Jina! Why didn't you tell me you could sing like that?!" Mrs. Lin clicked her tongue,"To think you're afraid of singing in public! You were outstanding! Marvelous!"

You bit your lips,"So...does that mean I'll be singing in the competition?" 

Mrs. Lin scoffed,"Darling, what do you think I've been saying to you? Of course you are! I'd be stupid if I didn't put you in the competition! We will definitely win!"

You squealed and hugged her,"Thank you Mrs. Lin! Thank you so much!"

"Oh, don't thank me. It was all you, Jina. Be proud of yourself." Mrs. Lin cooed and gently slapped your back. 

 

"How'd it go?!" Luhan and Chen asked you right away. They were both waiting for you outside Mrs. Lin's room. 

"Marvelous~!" You clapped your hands.

Chen and Luhan high-fived you,"Good job!"

"Told you. See, you're a great singer!" Chen tilted his head up proudly,"Listen to Chen Chen more often." 

Luhan rolled his head,"Oh, shut up. I was the one who gave an encouraging speech!" Chen glared at him, which Luhan just ignored.

You giggled,"I won't doubt you guys ever! But it felt...so surreal! It was fun!" You happily sighed,"It feels great to have somone listen to you."

They both smiled at you, they were happy you felt that way. 

"It's good you're starting to get more comfortable singing in public. It's always good to start off with a small audience though. Cause in the end, you'll want a bigger audience to hear you!" Chen wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Just don't get cocky like Chen Chen over here." Luhan nudged his head toward Chen. 

Chen growled,"Hey! There's nothing wrong with belig like me! Im fun!" 

Luhan sighed, rolled his eyes once more, before dragging you away. You just looked over you shoulder to see Chen gaping at the both of you leaving, and walking behind with his hands in his pockets,"Meanies."

 

The next day, the list went up for the competition participants against Seoul Jazz Academy. The participants were to have a trial with a few judges, who were just the performing arts teachers. The teachers would only pick the strongest students to participate, since this was a very serious competition. 

You were looking at the list, along with Lay, Sumin, and Luhan. You smiled to yourself. It all felt real to you now, seeing your name first under the Singing Category. Sumin, Hana, Exo-M, and even the kingkas made it on the list.

Lay hugged you from behind and rested his head on top of yours,"Congrats baobei!"

You glanced up at him,"What was that?"

"Yeah! What the heck does that mean! Luhan keeps calling me that, and he just said it means ugly!" Sumin pouted her lips. Luhan laughed and found the urge to kiss them. Sumin blushed and pushed his away softly.

"I said baby in Chinese." Lay showed you his dimple smile, causing you to melt inside.  He chuckled and kissed your head,"I can't wait to hear you sing." 

"It's going to be a surprise." You turned around and poked his chest. "Now, I have to practice." You skipped off somewhere with Sumin. 

Lay and Luhan watched you two girls wander away from them. Luhan slapped his shoulder,"Let's go practice too!" Lay smirked and they both went to find the rest of their friends.

"Baby? It means baby?!" Sumin was mumbling to herself. You just laughed and shook your head at your best friend. "Come on ugly  baobei~!"

"Yah!" Sumin chased after you, while you just laughed some more. You just stuck out your tongue and sang,"Mehrong~!"

 

---------------

yesh, so, jina did a cover solo of Narsha's I'm in love 

omfg i love that song~