012

The Boy with the Dimple

"You're Jina."

You looked up from her locker and saw a guy a bit taller than her. His skin was unusually darker than most students, he had full lips, and curly, dark chocolate hair. His eyes shined as he smiled at you warmly. You recognized him from your dance class. 

"Y-yes, that's me." You shrunk a bit,"Do you need something?"

"I don't think I introduced myself. Im Kai." Kai held out his hand. You looked at it, then shook his hand,"N-nice to meet you, Kai." 

"So you're the new scholarship student huh? You must be amazing then." Kai grinned and leaned against the locker. You nodded,"I guess." 

"Kai!" Kai and you both turned your heads and saw five other guys approach you.

One with big eyes smiled,"Kai, who's your little friend?"

"This is Kang Jina, Jina these are my friends. D.O, Chanyeol, Suho, and Baekhyun." Kai introduced you all.

"Hi Jina~! You're really pretty." Chanyeol winked at you. 

"T-thanks." You stepped back from them,"I-I have to meet my friends, so I'll go now-"

"No, eat lunch with us!" Baekhyun caught a hold of your hand. You shook your head,"No, it's ok."

"Please? Come eat with us." Kai insisted,"We'd love your company."

You looked at there happy smiles and sighed,"Alright..."

 

"Where is Jina?" Sumin puffed her cheeks and searched the whole cafeteria with her eyes.

"Hiding from you." Luhan muttered and looked at their locked arms. Sumin hugged his arm and laid her head on his shoulder,"Oh hush, you love it when I hug you."

Chen and Kris snickered at them. Luhan looked at ther flustered,"You little- Aigoo, I don't care anymore." Sumin smiled and hugged him tighter,"Who knew my hubby had such strong arms~!" Luhan rolled his eyes.

Lay secretly wondered where you were too. He was getting worried since you were late, usually you'd be the first one there at the table. He tapped the table impatiently.

"You ok?" Xiumin asked him. 

Lay peered at him and nodded,"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing...it's just you're acting really...impatient. Like you're waiting for someone." Xiumin wiggled his eyebrows and gave him a teasing smile.

"Can't a person tap on the table top?" Lay questioned Xiumin. "Sure, if it's a natural habit." Xiumin stuck out his tongue. Lay rolled his eyes,"Shut up Baozi."

"Hey! Guys!" Tao ran toward the table and plopped down panting hard. The whole table looked at the youngest person,"What?"

"J-Jina...with... K-Kai and the kingkas!" Tao tiredly explained and pointed to the door.

"WHAT?!" The table, besides Sumin, yelled.

Sumin looked at the boys,"What's wrong?" 

Lay's eyebrows furrowed together and all the boys looked to the door. There you were, entering the cafeteria with Kai and the rest of the kingkas. 

What the hell is she doing with them? Lay frowned deeply. He watched as you looked a little bit uncomfortable with the kingkas.

You were led by the kingkas to their table. Kai pulled a chair out for you to sit on, and you kindly smiled at him before sitting. He sat beside you, a bit close. 

"So, how do you like it here?" Kai asked.

"It's okay." You answered him shortly. Kai laughed,"Great. Do you want to eat anything?" He pointed to the line.

"I actually have my own lunch." You smiled and took out your lunch bag. The kingkas started laughing immediately at the sight of your brown paper bag.

"A paper lunch bag? How cute~! Sadly, I never used one ever in my life." Baekhyun chuckled and flicked your lunch bag.

You pouted slightly and moved your lunch bag closer to you. Taking out your peanut butter and jelly sadwich, you neatly placed it on the table, along with your milk, and apple.

You unwrapped your sandwich from the plastic wrap and took a little bite. You unconciously looked around and felt all the eyes on you. You gulped down your food and sipped your milk. 

"So, Jina, do you have a boyfriend?" Suho smiled at you with an angelic smile.

You slowly shook your head,"N-no."

"Great~!" Baekhyun beamed,"How about a guy you like?"

You didn't like how they were asking you so many personal questions. You blushed and didn't answer him and continued eating. Baekhyun smirked when you didn't answer and smiled,"You won't mind if I hit on you, right?"

You choked on the peanut butter and started coughing,"B-bwoh?!"

"Stop messing with her." Kai firmly hit his arm,"Don't mess wit her. I've set my eyes on Jina first." Kai stuck his tongue out at Baekhyn and hung his arm easily over your shoulder.

You looked up at Kai, flustered at his words and declaration. He has his eyes on me? You thought to yourself. 

 

"Wow, Kai's pretty quick." Chen clicked his tongue.

"What's so bad about that cutie?" Sumin studied Kai. Luhan peered at her with an annoying expression on his face,"Yah! Nothing about Kai is cute!" 

Sumin smirked at Luhan,"Are you jealous Luhan?" 

Luhan scoffed,"No! Why would I be jealous of that bastard! Don't say useless things! Anyway, if you think he's cute so badly, why don't you go sit with them then!"

Sumin smiled,"Maybe I will~!" She stood up from her seat, but was yanked back down by Luhan,"Oh no you don't!" Sumin giggled and hugged his arm,"I knew you loved me." She left a big smooch on his cheek.

Luhan blushed,"Whatever!"

Sumin smiled,"Let's get some pudding." She pulled Luhan up and went to get her pudding.

Lay was silent at the table and watched as the kingkas interacted with you. I don't like this. Lay remembered what his friends had said about the kingkas attitude toward girls, and that made him even more restless in his seat.

"Why don't you just go and fetch her." Kris nudged Lay's shoulder. Lay kept his eyes on you,"N-no. It's not my place to prevent her from making friends."

"Friends? More like slave!" Xiumin exclaimed.

Chen shot him a look telling him to shut up, then he looked at Lay,"True, the kingkas might be nice enough to befriend a girl that has been attending this school for more than weeks now. Or, they could just be out to target her as their new toy. Just saying."

Lay's blood boiled with anger. But, he soon calmed down when you stood up from the table, bowed, and walked toward Exo-M's table. 

"Well, I see you made new friends." Tao sneered. Kris slapped his arm,"Tao!" He pouted at the older boy,"What?"

You shrugged,"They wanted me to eat lunch with them at their table."

"Then why did you leave them?" Chen asked.

"Cause I was done eating my lunch." You answered with a small smile. The boys laughed.

Sumin and Luhan came back with a bowl of pudding, she glanced at you with a sly smile,"So, do any of them interest you? Those kingkas?"

"Eh? Interest me?" You looked back at their table.

The kingkas were laughing amongst themselves, and your eyes suddenly went to Kai. He was smiling brightly at his friends and his eyes met yours. Kai waved at you with a friendly smile and you returned a small wave before turning back to seven pairs of eyes on you.

"That one dark hunk with curls caught your interest?" Sumin snickered and poked your arm.

Your cheeks turned a little shade of red, but just a little and shook your head,"No, he's just a nice guy."

Lay listened to you and felt a pang in his heart. But he was mostly relieved that you didn't think of Kai like that. Lay glanced at Kai's table, and caught Kai staring at you. Kai then turned his stare to Lay and gave him a taunting smirk. Lay just looked at him with a pokerface. Lay wasn't fazed by Kai's expression, since Lay's eyes were enough to send a message to Kai.

Back off.