022

The Boy with the Dimple

"Why am I here with you?" You grumbled. 

Kai had dragged you into town to a local cafe/gourment restaurant. It was really cozy and warm, but you were still displeased with Kai's forceful behavior.

The waitress eyed Kai carefully and led you to a tiny booth made for couples. You wanted to exchange the seatings but thought how bratty you'd look, so you slid inside the small booth with Kai.

He found it quite appropriate,"Now, this is what you call a booth. It just brings us closer, don't you think Jina?" Kai gave you a flirty wink. 

You shivered in disgust,"Sadly."

"Why are you being rude? I liked it when you were all shy and scared." Kai pouted his thick lips. 

You frowned at him."When I learned you were such an , I decided I shouldn't care if I was rude or what not." You spat and looked over the menu. 

"So, what should we do tomorrow. Want to go skiing?" Kai asked while resting his head on his hand. You didn't answer him. He sighed,"Lighten up, Jina. I just want to enjoy my vacation, you're ruining it with your sulky mood."

"I don't feel so hungry anymore. I should leave." You muttered and tried to scoot out the booth. Kai held onto your arm,"Jina, come on. Have a heart, don't leave a poor friend in a foreign place."

You sighed and scooted back in,"Fine! Since I want to have a good time too. You better not do anything stupid to me." 

Kai smiled,"Sure thing."

 

The waitress came back for your orders, and you both gave it to her. You both ordered hot chocolate since you were both going to have dinner later with your parents. 

To be truthful, you were having a good time with Kai. He wasn't being a jerk or an , which made you very happy. Although, he could be a little ert from time to time, but it wasn't anything serious. If you didn't have that bad encounter with Kai, you'd thought he could've been a good guy. You still kept your guard up though.

You both left the cafe a little bit after you finished your drinks. You both didn't notice the time while you were too engrossed in your conversation. 

You got a call from your mom telling you dinner was going to be in thirty minutes,  giving you enough time to change. 

"I'll see you at dinner." Kai winked and walked toward his room. You just sighed and walked to yours.

Knowing you were going to meet your grandparents too, you knew you were all going to eat somewhere fancy. It was your grandmother's nature she'd eat only at the best. Meaning, you were going to have to upgrade your outfit tonight. 

There was knock on the door and you were happy it was your mother. "Mom!" You let out a relieved sigh.

"Ok, what are you wearing?" Your mom asked while walking towards your closet. "Mother wants nothing but the best." You heard her mumble to herself. 

You glanced at your mother's outfit. She was covered in her Christian Dior white coat so you couldn't really see what her outfit was. But she was wearing her Christian Louboutin heels. You were anticipating her outfit underneath.

"This...this...and this." Your mom laid out your outfit. 

A black pea coat, a gold sequenced tank top, leather pants, and some Chanel thigh high boots. 

Your mother started clapping,"Hurry! You know how she hates to be late!" Your mother started walking toward the door,"Now, wear those diamond studs I gave you for your birthday and use the black clutch I got you from Paris!"

Then she left. You started to panic and tried to dress quickly.

The reason why you and your mom was panicking was because of your grandmother. She was your father's mom, meaning your mom's in-law. And she was scary. You were never really close to her because she reminded you of a female version of your father. But she was always so cold. And she always did want the best. You never had one warm memory of her. She always told you,"To live the best, you must become the best." 

Your grandfather on the other hand was very loving and open. He was less strict and more wild. He taught you many things whenever you visited their big mansion. It was always fun being with him. Your grandmother would always scold him for being too easy on you. You felt more love from him than your grandfather. One time, you even confronted him if your grandmother even loved you. You remembered how he just gave a jolly laughed and said you were her most valuable treasure. The best treausre in the world. 

You quickly put on your earrings and stuffed your clutch with your phone, wallet, and hotel room key. You also placed some makeup you were currently using: your salmon Mac lipstick, mascara, and eyeliner. 

Checking yourself in the mirror, you took a deep breath,"I can do this. Just talk when you're supposed to, and don't mess up." You nodded to yourself and ran your fingers through your long hair. 

There was another knock on the door and you answered it. You thought it was your mother, instead it was Kai. He was looking through his phone when he noticed you,"Wow..."

You narrowed your eyes at him,"Only speak when you're spoken too, alright?!" 

"What-"

"Don't act like a douche and be polite!" You quickly cut him off.

You closed your door and started walking to the elevator.

Kai followed you,"What's the rush?"

"My grandmother. She's here along with my grandfather. You know that right? She's super strict and very much like those upper class grandmas. So, don't make her mad." You shot him a look and pressed the lobby button continously until it closed. 

Kai laughed,"I never see you be this serious!"

You shot him a look,"Im very serious! Stop playing around!" Kai's smiled dropped when he noticed your serious expression. 

"What do your grandparents do?" Kai asked.

"They're both pretty well off. They used to own hotels, resorts, and other stuff. But they're retired now and now my uncle is the CEO. But they're both respected in my family." You quickly summarized. 

"So, you're family is pretty-"

"Rich. Well off. Loaded. Yes." You tapped your shoe on tiled floor.

Kai was amazed,"I never knew..."

"I don't really like to talk about my family." You quickly said and Kai backed off the subject.

The doors opened and you walked out the elevator with your back straight and head high. Kai's never seen you like this before. Usually you'd be stiff, shy, timid, etc. But today, it was like you were a new you, totally different. 

You turned around,"Hurry!"

He stepped out the elevator and stood beside you,"S-sorry."

You grabbed his arm and laced yours through it, guiding the two of you two the lobby. Showtime.

 

"Grandmother, grandfather." You greeted them with a polite bow. 

"Jina, my darling granddaughter." Your grandfather smiled and gave you a warm embrace. You smiled for a bit, then stood straight once again. 

Kai eyed your grandmother. She was definitely of higher class from her brown fur coat and diamonds. He could tell she meant serious business. Then her cold gazed went to him,"Who might this be?" Kai froze.

"My son, Auntie." Mr. Kim smiled and gave Kai a look to introduce himself. 

"Good evening, I am Kim Jongin. People call me Kai." Kai bowed politely with a smile. 

Your grandmother huffed,"I see, handsome boy you have Daejung. Im proud to see you only have one kid instead of hundreds like I was predicting you'd have with all those girls you used to date." Your grandmother eyed Mr. Kim's current date, who gulped under her gaze.

Mr. Kim cleared his throat,"Ah, yes."

Kai was at a loss of words on how scary your grandma was. He looked at you and you just gave him a look of I-told-you-so. 

"Let's go." Your grandfather smiled and gave Mr. Kim a pat on the back,"Don't take her words to heart." He chuckled and placed your grandmother's hand on his arm. 

Your parents exchanged looks. For once, your mother was being nice to Mr. Kim and gave him thumbs up, before following after your grandparents. 

"That...was...scary." Kai wanted to loosen his tie, but stopped himself. He was afraid your grandma would criticize him. 

You nudged Kai,"Just behave and you'll survive. Trust me." 

Kai smirked,"I think I can handle a grandma."

"Not my grandma." You mumbled.

Kai heard you and scoffed before walking ahead of you.

You took a deep breath,"She just wants best. Act like the best for tonight Jina." 

 

------------

 

Scary..grandma.

Side note: I was going to make her funny and fluffy. but what's the fun in that?

omg i just started to read the manga The One and dear lord i have been inspired to write more about fashion 

ohohoho~!

If you know which manga im talking about, woohoo, and if you don't, find time to read it, if you're into that stuff~!

 (Lele and Yin/Eros ERMERGERD <333 freaking retarded couple)

I read that 101 chapter manga the whole day yesterday and that's why i didn't update. hehehe

are we learning more on Jina's rich. well off. loaded family?

lol OTL (-_-ll)

thanks new subbies. my lovely readers who comment. and my upvoters <3

pokers 5ever <3