019

The Boy with the Dimple

Sumin was crying while eating her tub of ice cream. Sehun was watching her with a disgusted/pitiful look on his face. It was just sad to watch her eat like a pig. 

Sehun wiped some chocolate that landed on his hand and sighed,"What the hell happened to you?"

"He doesn't love me!" Sumin wailed and shoved a spoonful of ice cream down . Sehun rolled his eyes,"Im not surprised why he doesn't."

Sumin glared at him through her tears,"Shut up! I don't understand what's so wrong about me?! Im awesome, nice, pretty, perfect, a freaking goddess!"

Sehun closed his eyes tightly as chocolate landed on his cheeks. It took him a million deep breaths and chants to calm himself. He wiped his face with his napkin,"Ok, Sumin. One, you're not perfect. Two, you're not a goddess. Three, yes, you're pretty, but don't let that get to your head. Anyway, Im thinking he just think's you're not serious."

"But I am! I tell him everyday! If he asked, I'd scream it to the whole world!" Sumin whimpered and took another spoonful of ice cream.

Sehun rubbed his forehead,"See, that's the problem. It's like you're just messing with him. You're not like every girl, Sumin. So he's not used to a girl declaring her love out so openly with no shame at all."

Sumin pouted,"But why should I be ashamed of letting people and him know how much I love him? Since when was that such a bad thing to do?"

Sehun looked at Sumin and handed her a napkin,"You're hopelessly in love with that fella." 

Sumin started to cry and grabbed the napkin,"Yeah, yeah. I know." She blew into it and sniffed,"Thank you Sehun, for taking me out."

"Im your friend. I have to, it's my job." Sehun smirked and shook his head,"Now, don't worry. Im sure Luhan's going to figure out you're serious about him. He'd be an idiot if he doesn't notice it sooner or later. Like really." 

Sumin smiled,"You're the best Sehun."

"Duh." Sehun rolled his eyes and smirked. He noticed some chocolate stains on her cheeks and sighed,"What am I going to do with you?" 

Sehun grabbed his napkin and grabbed Sumin's face and wiped it. 

"HEY!"

 

"Thanks for walking me home." You smiled in front of your house. 

After spending most of the time at the park talking about each other, it was getting late and Lay wanted to get you home safely, this time, all the way. 

"I think it's my new duty to." Lay proudly stated with his back straight. You shook your head at his silliness,"Walk home safely." 

Ever since the little confession, the two of you began to become more open with each other. It was the first time you've become close with a boy besides your brother. Since it was Lay, it made it ten times better, now that he was your boyfriend. 

"Don't worry about me." Lay assured,"I'll be safe." 

You still couldn't believe Lay was actually your boyfriend now. It made things a whole lot different, in a good way of course. You were too deep in thought, you didn't notice Lay close to your face, waving his hand in front of you.

"Are you alright, Jina?" Lay kept waving his hand.

You snapped out of it and shook your head,"Sorry, I was just in thought."

"About what?" Lay curiously asked you. 

"Im just bewildered that we're going out..." You confessed with a small smile,"It's just surreal. I always thought you'd just like me as a friend or something. I believed my feelings would be one-sided." 

Lay grinned at you,"You know, to be honest, I felt the same way. I thought I wasn't good enough, and I'd be better of as a friend to you. But I just couldn't help the way my feelings grew for you. And I'd get so angry just thinking about you with another guy." Lay shook his head,"Sometimes, I've never been so angry in my life."

You felt touched and felt that fuzzy feeling again in the pits of your heart,"Yixing, that's the sweetest thing any guy, well you're the only guy, has said to me. I guess I got lucky you read my diary?" You joked a bit. 

Lay chuckled and brushed a strand of hair behind your ear,"Yeah, I guess I got lucky Tao found it." 

The two of you stared into each other eyes before a honk disruppted the two of you. You and Lay stepped away from each other and you looked at the culprit. 

"Mom." You sighed and watched as she practically jumped out her car towards the two of you. She had the biggest smile and she engulfed you into the tightest hug.

"Hi Jinnie~!" Your mom squeezed you from side to side. 

"M-Mommy!" You squealed. You haven't called your mom that in a while. 

Your mother stopped and she fixed her dress,"Sorry, darling." She fixed your hair too. She then turned toward Lay with a big grin,"Hi, Dimple boy."

"Uh, Hello Mrs. Kang. Good evening." Lay politely bowed to your mother.

Your mother gasped and slapped his shoulder, a little too hard,"Please, don't bow! You make me feel so old! Anyway, would you like some dinner? Please, I was thinking I'd make some pasta or something, since Im hardly home to make some dinner for Jina. It'd be great for you to join us, Dimple boy!" 

"Mom, his name is Yixing! And he has to go home, he's probably busy!" You gave your mother a nudge along with a look only she was supposed to see. 

Lay smiled and shook his head,"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Kang. But I have to go home early today. I'd love to stop by for dinner another time though." 

Your mother pouted,"Oh, I think that's best too. It'd be great for my husband to get to know you too, but I don't think we should inform him you're going out with Jina just yet...yes, that would be best." Your mother thought out loud and nodded. She smiled at Lay,"Bye Yixing, see you soon, okay?"

Your mother strutted back inside the house, letting you two have some personal time together. 

Lay was amazed by your mother's youthfulness,"She's very...lively." He was shocked by the different personalities between the two of you. He was sure you've gotten your father's genes.

"Yes, she's very young. She's more wild than two Sumins!" You giggled and shook your head,"Im sorry if she frightened you. Mom sprouts nonsense sometimes. She's very careless with her words." 

"And she's very straightforward. But that's good." Lay smiled at you,"You two are very different, huh?"

You scoffed,"You have no idea. Oppa takes after mom more than me. Im more like my dad. Quiet." 

Lay coyly grinned,"But you've gotten your mother's beauty." 

That made you blush. Who knew Lay could be a sweet talker? "You're just being modest."

"No, Im being honest." Lay faintly retorted, close to your face. 

You blinked a couple times before regaining your normal heart beat. You could feel Lay's breath against your lips when he pulled away. You felt slightly disappointed from his retreat. 

Lay gave you a warm smile,"I guess I should get going." 

"Y-Yeah." You said breathless. 

Lay chuckled and grabbed your hand, giving it a small peck,"Night Jina." 

Your cheeks turned red and you watched Lay walk away in the night, whistling with his hands in his pockets. You raced back inside, up to your room and took out your phone and dialed Sumin's number.

 

"Hello?" Sumin answered her phone.

"Sumin! Guess what?!" You squealed while hugging your pillow. You were laying on your back, staring at your ceiling. 

Sumin was laying on her bed out of breath"Uh...you got a dog?"

You noticed her tone of voice wasn't full of excitement, and figured something was wrong,"Hey, are you okay, Sumin?"

Sumin shook her head, even though you couldn't see her,"No, anyway, Im sorry, something unbelievable happened to me today. But let's get your story finished first."

You wanted to find out what was wrong with your best friend, but you also wanted to tell her the good news,"Well, guess who got a boyfriend~" You sang.

"OMG! YOU GUYS GOT TOGETHER! YOU'RE WITH LAY?! OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" Sumin became her original self and started jumping on her bed.

You giggled, happy your best friend was back. "Yeah, he asked me today after school at the park. Then he walked me home...So, what about you. You sound so...distracted."

Sumin bit her lip,"Well, today, I got into a little fight with Luhan..."

"What?! Why? What did you do now?" You accused her.

Sumin made a face,"Why is it always my fault? Anyway, well, Sehun took me to get ice cream to cheer me up. He's like the Asian Dr. Phil or Oprah."

"And? What happened? Don't tell me you fell for Sehun!" You gasped and hugged your pillow.

Sumin almost threw up,"Ew, no. Gross. That's like . But, I guess I had something on my face and Sehun wiped it for me with a napkin. Then all of a sudden I was pulled back!"

"Really?" You said, intrigued. 

"Mhmm! All I hear was,'HEY! GET YOUR HANDS OFF SUMIN! SHE'S MINE!' I was freaking scared and surprised. Scared because it really was loud. And surprised because Luhan said those words." Sumin sighed like she was on cloud nine.

You were shocked. Sumin's day was definitely more exciting. 

"So...what happened next?" You asked.

"Well, Luhan pulled me away from the ice cream shop and dropped me off at Simple Dance Studio. Then he said,'If you like me, only like me! Don't let a guy touch you. Got it?' and that's it. He left me alone in front of the studio. There wasn't even any dance lessons today! Ugh, I had to walk home."  Sumin scoffed at the last part. But you knew she was dying with happiness.

You smiled,"Im happy for you." 

Sumin giggled,"Yeah, me too. Now we can definitely double date." 

Your smile grew and you nodded,"That sounds nice." 

 

-------------

 

Woohoo, Luhan is getting his crap together, yay~

Sehun is Dr. Oprah

love doctor~!

woot woot~! suhan couple getting their funky thing on~

OMG. i need a couple name for Lay and Jina though. ugh