050

The Boy with the Dimple

You were practicing in your room. Sumin was with you, helping. You both sang a duet song, until a door bell interrupted your practicing. You looked down at your bummy outfit and shrugged,"It won't be anyone we know right?" You asked yourself while walking down to the front door. 

Opening the door, you were greeted by 12 boy and 1 girl. "HEY JINA~!" All thirteen of them barged inside your house with goodies. You gaped at them,"Wh-what?"

You stood behind your couch, while your friends took seats everywhere. 

"Nice house."

"It's like half the size of my house."

"Whoa, is this priceless?"

"Cool tv though!"

"Hey can I borrow this dvd?"

"So, this is the Kang residence?"

You recieved compliments from the kingkas left and right. Exo m already made themselves at home, since they've been to your house a couple of times. 

"Thanks. I don't care if it's half the size of your house. Yes, it is, don't touch! Thanks, Minhyuk brought it home from his birthday, a fan gave it to him. Sure, just give it back, mom loves that movie. No, this isn't the main residence." You tried to answer all of them as best as you could. 

"Did you guys bring pizza?" Sumin raced down the stairs,"It's about time you guys came over. Im starving! Jina's been making me practice with her."

Your head snapped her way and you shot lasers at her,"You told them to come?!"

Sumin innocently shrugged,"It's fine. We needed a break anyway."

"Is it a bad time to come?" Lay frowned in concern,"I don't want to bother with your practicing." 

You saw how concerned he looked, and you calmed down a bit. You let out a small giggle,"No, it's fine. A break is fine." You sat down beside him on the floor. He handed you a piece of pizza on a paper plate. 

You gladly took it from him and took a bite. It tasted delicious as you with some sauce on it. 

"What were you guys practicing?" Baekhyun asked you, his cheeks puffy from the pizza in his mouth. 

"A song." Sumin bluntly spoke.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes,"Obviously." 

Sumin smirked and took a big bite of her pizza. "Gosh, I love pizza." 

 

While everyone was settled in the living room, you were in the kitchen cleaning up. Lay walked in and saw you rinsing utencils. He came beside you,"Need help?" 

You peeked up at him and shook your head,"Go and watch the movie with them, I'm almost done." Which was a lie since there was a stack of plates in the sink. Sumin brought out the chocolate cake your mom brought home the night before. 

Lay grabbed some dishes, but you stopped him,"Yixing, it's fine, I was going to put them in the dish washer." Lay's eyes landed on the platinum dishwasher with a 'o' formed on his mouth. 

"I see." Lay placed the plates bag down and stepped back scratching his head,"Sorry."

 You giggled,"It's fine. You can place them in the dishwasher if you want to really help me out."

Lay smiled, his dimple showing, and went to work. You just smiled and shook your head at his cute behavior. With the two of you working together, you finished cleaning in no time. Lay held out his hand and you grabbed onto it, he lead you both back to the dim living room to finish the movie. 

In the middle of the movie playing, the front door opened. All heads turned to the door. Your father stepped inside. He was quite surprised on how dark the house was. He saw the tv opened and eyed the huge group of kids in his living room. 

You stood up right away,"Dad, you're home early." You helped him with his coat and he gave you a small smile as thanks. 

"I finished quickly today. I see you brought some company here. Good evening." Your father gave your friends a smile, but he didn't quite trust the new faces he saw just yet, he remembered them as the troublesome kids that day in the office. 

Sumin waved at him with a big smile,"Hi uncle~!"

Your father's eyebrows perked up and he smiled,"Sumin, you're sleeping over, right?"

"Yes, uncle!" Sumin saluted with her tongue out. 

Your father did recognize Lay, "Yixing, nice to see you again." 

"It's a pleasure to see you too, Mr. Kang." Lay politely stood up and bowed. 

Your father nodded and headed up the stairs,"I'll go change. Your mother might come home in a while."

"I'll fix you some dinner." You headed to the kitchen, but your father stopped you halfway,"Don't worry. I can wait till your mother gets here. Just enjoy your time with your friends." 

You heard the master bedroom door close and you went back to sit next to Lay. 

"I think we should get going, it is pretty late now." Suho stood up, everyone else following his lead. 

You and Sumin  walked everyone out and bit them goodbye.

Luhan wrapped his arms around Sumin and rested his head on hers,"Be good. And don't you dare watch anything scary again. Cause then you will wake me up at 3 in the morning and I'll have to sing you a lullaby!" 

Sumin pouted her lips and frustratedly sighed,"Yeah, yeah! Bye Lu honey! Now kiss me already!" She grabbed his collar and pulled him in for a kiss. Luhan's ear turned red instantly and he slightly pushed her away. "Aish." He turned away to walk to the rest of the group.

Lay stayed behind and gave you a warm hug.

"I'll call you later." 

You smiled and looked up at brown orbs,"I'll be waiting." 

Lay chuckled and quickly kissed your lips. Everyone was watching, and whistled. You blushed in embarrassment. He waved at you with his dimple showing. You giggled and waved back,"Walk home safely."

"Bye Lu honey and you losers~!" Sumin waved wildly. 

Luhan and the rest of them shot her looks, but waved back anyway. 

 

The next day, you were sitting on a park bench, listening to the song you were going to sing at trials. It had a similar tune to Narsha's I'm in Love. You sang along with the lyrics on a sheet of paper. Sumin went to get ice cream from the shop near by, she promised to get you some too. 

As you sang, you noticed a boy with sunglasses sitting across from you. He had his arms crossed  with a smirk on his face. You furrowed your eyes and stared back at him. When did he get there? I was sure I was alone...

"You have a wonderful voice." He took off his sunglasses. His eyes pierced you and you felt uncomfortable all of a sudden. 

"T-Thanks." You stuttered. When is Sumin coming back?

The stranger smirked,"What school do you go to?"

You had a feeling that you shouldn't tell him, but not wanting to be rude you answered him,"Seoul Fine Arts Academy." You heard the boy scoff and his smirk grew, he had hostility in his eyes. 

You frowned at him,"Why do you ask?"

"Don't tell me your entering the contest with that pathetic song?" The boy stood up and walked to you with his hands in his pockets. His lips were thick and he was really tall, to you that is.

Your eyes widened in realization,"You're from Seoul Jazz Academy."

The boy's eyes sparkled and snapped his fingers,"Bingo! You catch on quick girl. What's your name? Im Niel."

"I believe I don't have to answer you." You stood up, but he grabbed onto your arm,"Awe. Don't be so mean! I was willing to give you a lot of tips on your singing, since you need some."

You grew infuriated at his emphasis on 'a lot', and snatched your arm away from him,"Don't touch me so lightly. And you don't know anything about my singing."

"Oh, I do know a lot, girl. I can tell you're the bubbly, love song kind of girl, who sings with happiness and butterflies." Niel snickered and circled around you,"Am I wrong?" 

You stayed silent, your eyes never leaving him. 

"Im correct, aren't I?" Niel hand his hands behind his back. He smirked,"How are you going to win this competition? When all you can sing is a happy love song? This is a competition, not some class recital. This competion is for real singers. Not some singer who can't put emotions into a good song." He leaned in close and coldly sneered. 

"Niel! There you are, damn bastard!" A group of five handsome boys came behind Niel and playfully slapped his shoulder. Two girls were with them. They didn't seem that friendly. 

"Who's your cute friend?" A boy his lips hungrily eying you. 

You were speechless, still shocked from what Niel had just told you. 

Niel slung an arm around you,"She's in the competition. A student from Seoul Fine Arts."

"Huh?! Get away from that girl!" One of the girls sneered in disgust and pulled Niel away from you. 

Niel's friends howled,"Seoul Fine Arts?! Yah, girl, ready to get your beat again?"

You bit your lips angrily,"Shut-"

"Your damn ugly mouths!" 

You turned around,"Sumin?! Exo M?" 

Sumin was right behind you with her hands on her hips, she came beside you,"What do you punks think you're doing? Ah, I know you. Teen Top and Sistar. The two winning groups in Seoul J- Academy. Didn't think you faces were this puny." 

Sumin snickered and high fived Chen, who wiped a tear from his face. "God, that was good." 

Lay slipped his hands into your and gripped your hand,"Are you alright?" He glared at the Seoul Jazz Academy students,"Did these people do anything to you?"

"I was just going to give her some helpful tips on trying to win, dear boyfriend. Even though, I can see this will be an easy win for Seoul Jazz Academy again. We'll be taking first place." Niel cockily shrugged and eyed you,"Better work with something better than that easy trash you were singing earlier. Bye bye Exo M and you two cuties." Niel blew  a kiss toward you and walked away with his friends.

"I hope you trip on your own !" Chen hollered. 

"Damn, I hate those guys." Tao angrily punched the air. 

"Cocky rodents." Luhan spat. 

You could tell Kris was upset with the encounter with the rival school, and kept silent. Xiumin wasn't that cheerful too. 

Lay turned to you,"What'd he mean when he said those things to you?"

In your mind you heard Niel's voice and  shook your head,"Something actually very true, even if I hate to admit it." 

Sumin clicked her tongue,"Don't say that! Those s don't know crap. I heard about them, they're just cocky asses. Im sure you'll sing perfectly!" 

You gripped the sheet of lyrics in your hand and crumpled it completely. You threw on the ground,"Sorry, but I have to go." You walked away from them. 

Lay and the rest of them stared at your back. Sumin was about to run after you, but Lay held her back,"She needs time by herself. Niel must've said something frank." 

Sumin puffed her cheeks,"Well, that thick lipped boy better not have said anything unecessary, or I'll personally kick his ."

Chen started laughing all of a sudden,"Seoul J- Academy, gosh. We have to spread this insult around our school."

Luhan shook his head,"You're unbelieveable." 

 

You laid down on your bed spread out. Niels words rung inside your head and you angrily kicked the air,"UGH! I hate him!" You covered your face with your arm,"But he's right. That's what I hate even more!" You remembered Chen's wise words about emotions and Luhan's advise. 

"I need to pick something with emotion!" You cried. 

"Emotion? I can give you different emotions~!" A cheerful voice sang beside you. 

You turned your head and screamed. Jonghyun screamed too and fell off your bed,"OUCH! JINA!"

He rubbed his and sat back on your bed,"What's with the desperado look you had going on before you were blown away by my presence."

You rolled your eyes at him,"Be quiet. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Ooh, someone's in a bad mood. I was free and decided to come visit~!" Jonghyun cooed lightly. He saw your troubled face and softened up,"What's wrong? Seriously though. Tell oppa."

"It's this competion we're having with Seoul-"

"Jazz Academy?" Jonghyun smirked.

"You know about it?" You gawked at him. 

"Duh! Just because I didn't get accepted into Seoul Fine Arts, doesn't mean I don't know anything about that school." Jonghyun smiled,"Ugh, Seoul Jazz Academy has always been a yucky school to talk about." 

"You don't like them either?" You giggled.

Jonghyun shook his head,"They're a bunch of stuck-up brats...they still are, aren't they?"

You nodded your head with a solemn expression.

Jonghyun wrapped his arm around you in a brotherly way,"What'd they do? Did you run into some Jazz students?"

You nodded again and sighed,"But what he said was right. I can't always sing a happy song, now can I?"

Jonghyun stayed silent,"You can and you can't. For example, in the kpop industry, there are girl groups or solo artist who always sing happy songs right?  Let's say IU. Most of her songs are soft and up-beat. Then, there are some that are sad and angsty. You sing in varieties." 

You still had a troubled look and he chuckled,"There's nothing wrong with singing happy songs. But it's going to get old and boring sooner or later. Cause damn reality won't always make you happy. It's good to try different things."

"Oppa, do you think I can be a good singer?" You mumbled,"I haven't really done anything serious like this about singing. Niel was right, I can't win like this."

"Then just bring out your emotions. Do the opposite of 'happy songs'. Like a sad, break up song!" Jonghyun clapped his hands. "Just imagine you broke up with your Chinese boyfriend! Feel the heartache of seeing him loving someone else. You don't actually have to break up with him, though that'd be nice on my side~!" 

You slapped him and giggled. "I need help oppa. Can you help me?"

"I am an idol, right?! Then yes, I can help my lil baby~!" Jonghyun pinched your cheek,"Now, let's make you cry like no tomorrow!"

 

 

---------------

excuse le randomness in the chapter

im so stressed cause kcon is tmo :/

i gotta wake up early to dive to l.a oh deeer luuord

plus my printer ran out of dammn ink?!!!!!!! nooooooooo