066

The Boy with the Dimple

After silently eating half of your dinner, you raced upstairs to your room. You didn't feel like sitting at the same table as your grandfather. There was a knock on your door and your grandmother peeked in and saw you sprawled on your bed. She sighed and sat beside you.

"Jina, we're leaving now." she announced. 

"Bye." you mumbled against your pillow.

Your grandma rubbed your back,"Listen, I know it's hard to understand your grandfather, trust me, I'm married to the guy. But, he just wants the best for you. Selfish, but he's thinking about you and your future. Sometimes he's too blind to see that you're hurt and upset about all of this. However, I'm sure he notices and that makes him sad too."

"No, he doesn't! If he notices that I'm sad, why doesn't he just stop, grandmother? I'm tired...I'm just tired. Why can't he just approve Yixing? Just because he's poor?" you cried and stared up at her. 

She saw your red, puffy eyes and pouted,"Oh, look at your face." She gently cradled your face on her hands,"My poor grandbaby. Don't worry, darling, I'm sure he'll realize it sooner or later. He'll come to know that he's been ridiculous about this whole thing. Arranged marriages were so last century."

A small smile grew on your face and your grandma poked your nose,"There's that priceless smile I've been dying to see." You giggled and looked away, flushed. 

"Do you think I'll be together with Lay soon? Do you think grandpa will let us?" you mumbled softly as you played with the rings hugging her fingers.

"Well, I know he will. Your grandfather will see he's been an old fool for not listening." your grandma kissed your head and stood up,"It's time for me to go...Goodnight, Jina."

"Goodnight grandma. And, thank you, for everything." you smiled at her.

She did the same and closed the door to your bedroom softly. You sat up and played with your fingers. You felt tired and drained after what happened today. Your grandma's words seemed to bring you hope though. You could trust her word and that made you smile with ease. 

There was another knock on your door, more rough. You instantly knew who it was. You hesitated before you spoke,"C-come in." You sat at the edge of your bed, hugging a pillow. 

Your grandfather came in and steadily walked towards your bed to sit beside you. You didn't look at him once and just stared at your floor. 

"I-I'm sorry, for today...and for everything else, Jina." he softly spoke, it was so soft you had to stop breathing in order for you to hear him. You stayed quiet and let him continue. "I know, I've hurt you badly. You and Yixing both. I hope you do understand that I was just trying to make sure you'd be okay in the future. Yes, I know, that's a stupid excuse and so cliche. However, that is my true feelings. You're my princess and I didn't want you to get hurt by some...boy. I was prejudiced towards him as well. I've been wrong this whole time. I did the thing that I was trying to protect you from...you getting hurt. I guess I have been an old fool lately."

Your grandfather grabbed your hand and looked at you with regret and pain,"Jina, please, forgive your old, silly grandpa. What I did was unforgiveable and I'm very, very sorry." 

You blinked the tears that started to fall and you started to sob. Your grandfather pulled you into a familiar warm embrace as he cooed you with comfort. As he rocked you from side to side, he kept whispering the words,'I'm sorry, I'm sorry.'

 

It was another quiet day at Seoul Fine Arts Academy. Lay and everybody else was eating lunch at their regular table. Some picked at their foods while others just stared off into space. 

"This really ." Chen sighed and pushed away his food.

Tao grabbed his food and started to eat it,"I know." Chen rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything. 

"Why does her grandpa have to be so...UGH!" Sumin grumbled and crossed her arms,"He was such a good, jolly, old man." 

Luhan wrapped an arm around her and sighed,"Even though he's evil, he's still her grandfather." 

"You got the evil part right." Kris scoffed. 

"I wonder how's Jina doing...at Jazz...do you think she's made new friends?" Sehun pouted. 

Kai smacked his head,"She wouldn't replace us!" 

"Yeah, don't be such a downer." Hana clicked her tongue,"We're the bestest friends she's got! Don't doubt her." 

"But, it'd be nice if she had at least one friend...you know, so she won't be lonely. Cause it must be tough being by yourself." Xiumin puffed his cheeks and took a bite of his lunch. He sadly sniffed and Kris patted his shoulder. 

"I'm sure she's fine." Lay spoke up. The group looked at him. He smiled,"Jina's strong, remember? She could handle it. I know she can." 

Sumin smiled at him,"Lay's right. The old Jina wouldn't be able to survive, but now, Jina changed and grew stronger."

"I still miss her though." Tao pouted. 

The group sighed at the same time,"Yeah." 

"I'm glad to know I'm missed."

Everyone gasped and turned to face a familiar girl, who was smiling brightly at them. "Jina?!" You were wearing their school uniform. 

"Hi." you  giggled,"I'm...back. For good." 


It's been so long. Ugh

Sorry, sorry, sorry~

how's everyone?

Jina's grandpa finally calmed his shet, phew~

it's spring break for me, so i thought i'd update!!!

i'm learning to do things at my own pace,

so sorry if it'll be a long wait for my next update ^^;

love you guys always <3

-panda