027

The Boy with the Dimple

Winter break was over. You didn't dread going to school, you were quite excited to see your friends, and mostly Lay. You checked yourself in the mirror to see if you looked alright. You ran your fingers through your hair and fixed your uniform.

"All set." You nodded.

Your eyes went down to your ring and you smiled to yourself. You remembered school and grabbed your new bag, one of the gifts your mom gave you. 

Downstairs, your mother had a day off, which was a miracle, and she decided to take you to school. She really didn't like the fact that you walked to school. 

"At least take the public transport!" Your mother shook her head as she drove you to school. You smiled and looked out the window,"But I like walking to school. Sumin walks with me most of the time anyway."

"Does Yixing take you?" Your mother wiggled her eyebrows. You hid your smile,"No. I don't want him to, it's too far from his house."

Your mother smiled,"What a caring girlfriend." 

"Mom~!" You whined. You felt so embarrassed every time your mom teased you about Lay. But at the same time, you kind of liked it. 

"Sorry, sorry. Just a bit excited. My daughter has her first boyfriend~! Aigoo, I still can't believe you're so grown up. I still remember when you were in diapers, crawling around, and pulling my hair." Your mom beamed at you and sighed.

"We're here." Your mom smiled and pulled along the driveway of the school. "Do you want me to pick you up later?" Your mom asked you. 

You shrugged,"I'll see. I'll call you after school."

"Alright Jinnie, have a good day! Be good! NO KISSING YIXING!" Your mom giggled and drove off before you could say anything. You just watched her leave with a tired expression. Aigoo, mom...who's the real child between us? Aish.

You turned around and bumped into a body. You winced and rubbed your nose,"Im sorry."

"You're mom's very...lively in the morning." Lay smirked down at you and rubbed your nose with his fingers.

You blushed,"Don't get started with me. She always finds away to make things awkward and humiliating for me. She's a handful." 

Lay smiled, and your chest started to tighten when you saw his lovely dimple. 

"Let's go inside then?" Lay held out his hand for you. 

You beamed up at him and grabbed his hand. The two of you walked inside the school, talking about the rest of your break. The students you passed by could tell something was different about you two. You and Lay just seemed...closer.

Lay walked you to your locker and you grabbed the necessary items for your morning classes. Lay leaned against the lockers, waiting for you to finish. You felt his gaze on you and you peeked at him. He showed you a dazzling smile, and you just smiled back. 

"Well, don't we see some extra love in the morning."

You both turned around and saw Kris, Chen, and Tao walking towards you both. 

"I hear someone had a good winter break?" Chen gave you a sly smirk. Your cheeks gave away your response. Chen and Kris high fived each other. 

"Stop teasing her." Lay defended you and wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you away from Chen. Your cheeks started to burn.

Tao smiled,"Wow, Lay ge got it on during winter break?"

"No, you gigantic maknae." Lay scowled at him, he glanced at you and put on a small smile,"We just got closer, that's it." You nodded and smiled back at him.

"Ugh, I think Im going to be sick." Chen pretended to barf. Kris patted his shoulder,"Yeah, being forever alone."

"I will not be forever alone!" Chen argued back.

Kris raised a brow,"Really now? You've been single ever since you were born." 

Chen scoffed,"That could change."

"Yeah, that's never going to happen." Kris shook his head in disbelief.

Chen frowned,"Then how about you?"

"What about me?" Kris challenged.

"How come you've been single too!" Chen sneered.

Lay and Tao sighed at the two of them. You just casually watched them bicker, kind of interested in their convo.

"I haven't been single. I had a girlfriend before." Kris admitted with a easy shrug. 

Chen narrowed his eyes at Kris,"When? I've known you since grade school! You've never been with a girl!" 

"When I stayed in Canada. I had a girlfriend. It didn't last long, but I still had a girl." Kris smirked and started to walk away,"See you in class bros."

Chen was left, mouth hanging, he turned to Lay and Tao,"Did you know he had a girlfriend before?!"

Tao shook his head, but Lay nodded.

Chen gasped,"How come he told you?"

Lay stared at him,"Because, I was the only one that picked him up at the airport when he came back."

"But I saw him the same day at his house! I told you I had a dentist appointment!" Chen cried in frustration.

Lay just shrugged,"Whatever." He pulled you away,"Later Chen."

Tao followed behind the both of you,"By Chen ge."

Chen sulked his way to his first class alone.

 

You walked to the cafeteria with your lunch in hand. Your mom made you some kimbap and you were excited to try them. On your way there, a body started to walk beside you.

"Hi Jina." Kai greeted you with a kind smile.

You gasped a  bit and smiled,"Hello Kai. How was your break?"

"Boring without you~!" Kai whined and ruffled your hair. You pouted and fixed your hair with your free hand.

"Well, I had a fun break." You said in a matter-of-fact voice. 

"Had a date with your boyfriend." Kai rolled his eyes.

A smile spread on your face at the mention of Lay,"Y-yeah." You started to stutter.

Kai saw your happy aura and started to feel sick,"Hmph." With that he walked on ahead of you.

You watched him leave with a confused pout on your lips,"What's up with him?" You shrugged and made your way to the cafeteria. 

The table was already filled with everyone besides you, Sumin, and Luhan. You found your spot next to Lay and Xiumin.

"Hi you guys." You smiled at them.

"Hey Jina." The table greeted you.

"So, where's Luhan and Sumin?" Xiumin asked out loud. 

You looked around with a little frown,"I haven't talked to her these past few days, both of them actually. I didn't get to talk to Luhan during class either."

"Same here. Luhan hasn't contacted me." Chen sighed.

"No one will ever contact you." Kris snickered.

Chen shot him a look and silently ate his food.

Kris laughed,"Awe, don't be like that Chen. You're still mad at me?"

"How can I not. You bastard." Chen spat at him, but didn't make eye contact.

You looked at Lay for an answer and he just chuckled,"Chen is angry about this morning. He's been ignoring Kris." 

"Oh." Your mouth was parted into an 'o'. You opened your lunch box and smiled once your eyes landed on the freshly made kimbap. 

"That looks good." Tao mumbled. 

You looked at all the boys staring at you,"Do you guys want some?" You offered and held out your lunch box. 

Hesitant chopsticks went in the air and you motioned for them to grab some. Soon, the boys started munching on your mom's kimbap.

"This is delicious." Xiumin mumbled with happy smile on his face. 

"Who cooked this?" Kris asked, covering his mouth while he was chewing.

You smiled,"My mom made it this morning." 

"She's a good cook." Lay commented while showing you a thumbs up.  

You nodded in agreement,"Another thing she's good at besides modeling." You giggled and popped a kimbap in your mouth.

Lay saw a piece of rice besides your lips and wiped it off with a napkin. You just stared back at him and felt your cheeks turn red. 

The table groaned.

"I hate lovey dovey couples." Chen shivered.

"How are you going to act with your future girlfriend then?" Kris smirked at his friend. Chen rolled his eyes at Kris and ignored him once again. Kris started to laugh.

"Ah, look it's Sumin and Luhan...and THEY'RE HOLDING HANDS!" Tao screeched and pointed ahead. 

All heads in the table turned towards Luhan and Sumin. Indeed, they were holding hands. Luhan holding a tray with a pile of food on his other hand. Sumin snuggling close to Luhan. Luhan actually smiling while Sumin is touching him.

"What the hell happened?" Chen muttered, bewildered.

"Hey guys." Luhan chirped.

All of you stared at the two of them. You eyed Sumin quizzically. She gave you a big, big smile. 

"Hi." All the guys narrowed their eyes at Luhan. 

"Do you have something to tell us?" Kris raised a brow while looking at his friend.

Luhan quickly glanced at Sumin,"Well..."

"Well..." The table echoed.

"We're sorta going out now." Sumin stated slowly.

"Sorta?" You gawked at her.

"We're going out." Luhan shot Sumin a look and shook his head. He nodded,"Yeah, I asked her to be my girlfriend on Christmas-:

"KYAAAH FINALLY~!" You suddenly squealed while standing up.

The whole cafeteria looked your way as you covered your mouth with wide eyes. You didn't mean to squeal out of nowhere, but you couldn't help it. Even the kingkas table looked your way.

Exo-M looked at you wide eyed. It was the first time they actually heard an outburst from you. You stood up and pulled Sumin out the cafeteria. 

"Hey, I heard a scream inside. What was-" Sehun was on his way inside, when you pulled him along with Sumin. "What the hell?!"

Once you three were at a safe distance, you gawked and pointed at Sumin,"She's going out with Luhan!"

"WHAT?!" Sehun scowled at Sumin,"Some friend you are for telling me after how I helped you!"

Sumin looked down ashamed,"I was planning on telling you guys."

"When? You had all break to contact me!" You pouted.

Sehun rolled his eyes,"I know forsure she was gonna wait till never to tell me."

Sumin frowned at his words,"I was going to tell you at dance class, pabo."

"Sure." Sehun scoffed. 

You and Sehun made Sumin tell you both everything. From beginning to end. Along the story you'd let out a little squeal and hit Sehun's shoulder. He'd just roll his eyes in the process, but smile. It was his first time seeing you this excited about something. He knew you were a quiet person, but he was starting to see a change in you. It made him happy.

You hugged Sumin,"Im so happy for you!" 

"Yeah, thanks Jinnie." Sumin giggled and ruffled your hair. 

"We both have boyfriends~!" You both cheered. 

Sehun sighed,"Girls are so obsessed with boyfriends." 

"Now we need Sehun to get a girlfriend." Sumin smirked and pinched his cheeks. 

Sehun slapped her hand away,"For your information, I already have a girlfriend." 

"Really?" Your eyes bulged out.

Sehun stayed quiet,"Ok, not really. But she will be, she just doesn't know it yet."

"...that is so not creepy." Sumin sarcastically scoffed. 

"Shut up." Sehun snapped.

"Who is she?"

Sehun looked away,"C-Choi Hana."

"Choi Hana?" You mumbled to yourself.

"CHOI HANA?! ISN'T THAT KAI'S EX-"

Sehun slapped his hands over Sumin's mouth,"Will you shut your mouth! Geez, woman. Let the whole world know!"

Sumin blushed,"Sorry, but she's Kai's ex-girlfriend!"

"Kai's ex-girlfriend? I've never heard of her." You scratched your head.

Sumin and Sehun sighed. 

"She doesn't really talk to anyone." Sumin explained to Sehun.

"Obviously." Sehun retorted. 

You didn't like when they double-teamed you. You hung your head in shame,"Sorry."

"It's not your fault. But I heard she dumped Kai for some reason and pissed him the hell off. That's what some chick said in my class." Sumin gossiped while leaning closer to you two.

"Wow..." You said.

"I know. Really scandalous!" Sumin giggled.

Sehun,"Well, maybe cause he's a jerk, Hana broke up with him."

"He's not that much of a jerk." You mumbled.

"What? Of course he's a jerk, Jina! He's a heartless ." Sehun growled. 

"How nice you think that of me, Oh Sehun." A dark voice growled.

The three of you gasped. Kai was standing a few feet away with a mean glare on his face. The other kingkas: Suho, Chanyeol, D.O, and Baekhyun, stood behind him, not with happy expressions either.

"K-Kai..." You started to talk, but didn't finish your sentence.

Kai glared at you, Sumin, then Sehun,"Who the hell do you think you are to talk behind's someone's back, Sehun."

"It'll be fine if I say it to your face then, right Kim Jongin?" Sehun snarled. 

Kai and Sehun were faced to face, dangerously glaring at each other.

"G-guys stop it." You called out to them. They didn't listen. People were starting to gather around.

"Yah! I said stop!" You frowned and pushed them apart. 

"Jina." Sehun stepped back.

Kai just glowered at you,"You should stay the hell back before something bad happens to you. Don't want you to get into an ugly brawl."

"Excuse you, punk?!" Sumin sneered and stepped up, but Sehun pulled her back. 

You were frowning at Kai,"What's wrong with you, Kai? You're being so hostile." 

"Why? Im an ! That's what you think, right?!" He growled.

"I never called you an-"

"Just shut up! Go hang out with your poor, dirt bag friends, Exo-M." Kai snapped with an evil smirk. His friends snickered beside him.

"WHY YOU BASTARDS!" Sumin yelled.

*SLAP*

You raised your red hand with a tearful glare,"Don't insult my friends! The only dirt bag I know, is you. You really are a jerk! I thought you were nice and kind. But I was wrong, very wrong." 

Kai's cheek started to burn red as he angrily gazed at the floor.

"YAH! YOU !" D.O snarled and grabbed your collar. You gasped from the forceful pull.

A body stood between you and pushed D.O back a couple steps,"Do Kyungsoo. Don't you dare touch her like that again!" Lay's chest heaved up and down heavily. 

"Lay." You whispered. 

Exo-M appeared, surrounding you, Sumin, and Sehun. They didn't have a playful aura, this time they were serious. 

"Well, if it isn't the dirt bags themselves." Chanyeol snickered. 

"This bastard." Chen lunged for him, but Kris and Xiumin pulled him back. 

"Watch your dog, will you?" Suho glowered at Kris. 

"If only you keep a leash on yours. Didn't you ever learn how to properly treat a lady Kyungsoo?" Kris icily said. He clicked his tongue,"I guess social ladders don't require you to get some manners?"

" you." D.O stepped forward, but Kai held his hand up. 

"Enough." Kai kept his eyes on you.

You grabbed the back of Lay's uniform. Lay glanced back at you and held your hand securely.

"Stay the hell away from us." Luhan warned with a deadly glare as he protectively hugged Sumin. She stuck her tongue out at them and gave them the finger. 

"This dares to-" Baekhyun barked.

Luhan shoved him back and growled," off."

"Watch your es." Suho glared at you all one last time before walking away.

"Yeah, yeah maybe next time. Don't get hurt by our girls, punks." Kris coolly hollered back. 

Lay cupped your face and examined you,"Did he hurt you?"

You shook your head,"N-no."

"What the hell were you guys doing with those s anyway?" Luhan scolded and pinched Sumins cheeks. Sumin cried,"Lu honey! It hurts!"

Xiumin let out a little snort,"Lu honey?"

Luhan's ears turned red,"Yah! Shut up!"

Sumin hugged Luhan's arm,"Lu honey, you were so cool~! All of you were!"

"Well, of course." Chen fixed his slated tie with a cool smile. 

Kris rolled his eyes and didn't comment. 

The rest of them started to head to the cafeteria. Lay and you stayed behind.

"What really happened?" Lay asked,"I thought you and Kai were fine?"

You tiredly sighed,"I don't know. He just started being so hostile. I think I hurt him. I shouldn't have hit him, that was wrong for me to do." 

Lay saw the guilt all over your face and pulled you into a comforting hug. He kissed the top of your head,"Im sure things will go alright. Even if I don't want you near him, I know you treasure your friendship a lot." 

You smiled against his chest and hugged him back,"I hope so."

"YAH! NO SKINSHIP! LET'S GO EAT BEFORE THE BELL RINGS!" Chen yelled, ruining the mood. You and Lay glanced at each other and smiled. "Alright! We're coming!"

 

-------------

*excuse my mistakes*

yeah 's bout to get real

ugh. sorry if chapter is good

in a bad mood, check my recent blog for the reasons:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/552322