062

The Boy with the Dimple

"You look ridiculous. Take that off!" you covered your mouth, amused. 

Niel looked down at the leopard print blazer, then he grinned at you,"I look fab." 

"No, you look really, really bad. And it's embarrassing! So, go back and change!" you giggled and shook your head. 

"Well, I could clearly say the same to you!" Niel snickered and pointed at your bedazzled dress. It was too sparkly. Diamond squences were literally popping out of the dress everywhere. "Shine bright like a diamond." he sang.

"Diamonds don't shine, they reflect." You stuck out your tongue and eyed the glittery mess you were wearing. "I can't believe this is...how much again...$20,000. These better have some real diamonds sewn in them." you laughed. 

"Hey...wanna take a few of them-"

You smacked his hands away from you,"Don't you dare!"

From the ruckus you both were making in the changing room, the store manager politely kicked you out, especially knowing you were Kang Jina, she had to do it with extra care. 

You and Niel started walking around the COEX mall. Niel sighed,"Well, she was a bummer." 

"We caused too much trouble today! That was the 5th store we got kicked out from." you frowned suddenly. What the heck am I doing causing trouble?

"Don't get all down on me. Come on, lets go get some ice cream or something. You have to have some fun from time to time." he said with a big smile. "You're a teenager. We're supposed to do stupid stuff while we're young. It's like the ultimate rule! It's a phase!" 

"I guess." you shrugged and smiled,"Yeah, you're right. I've been moping around too long. I need a good distraction." 

"That's the spirit! Now, off to find some ice cream!" Niel smirked playfully and lead the way. You giggled and followed closely. 

You guys spotted a place that sold ice cream and Niel went to order for the both of you. Your job was to find some seats in the crowded seating area. You found a table with two seats and sat there before anyone else could take it. You waved your hand in the air to catch Niel's attention,"Hey! Over here!" 

Niel sat down in front of you,"Woo, that's a lot of people. Don't people have lives instead of staying over here?"

You raised an eyebrow,"Then what about us?"

"Our lives are a living kdrama, so we're taking a break from reality." Niel winked at you and started eating his vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles on them. 

You rolled your eyes and ate your cookies n' cream. You smiled while you held the waffle cone,"This is delicious, thanks for the ice cream."

"You needed it." 

"Awe, thanks Niel."

"Yeah, you're so skinny."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"...uh, that you're in dire need of fat?"

A whole new argument started between you two, and you both were 'kindly' escorted out of COEX mall. 

 

"That was fantastic." Niel spat. 

You looked down,"Sorry, it was my fault."

"Sure was."

You held your head lower. Niel glanced at you and patted your head,"It's fine! It's not like we can't go back there ever again!"

"We can't though! We both got kicked out forever! Meaning, we won't be able to enter ever!" you cried.

"Oh, well I'm sure our families can do something about that." Niel lightly chuckled. 

You shook your head at him,"How are you so calm about this?"

"Please, wifey, I got kicked out of the COEX mall seven times, and now eight. They're nothing serious." Niel smirked and held out a peace sign. 

"Unbelievable." You rolled your eyes. "You would get kicked out eight times." 

"It can literally be called a gift of mine." Niel wiggled his eyebrows. 

"You're hopeless." You laughed at him. Niel laughed along with you. 

It felt nice to laugh for once when recently all you felt like doing was to cry. Niel taking you out and ditching the wedding preparations took a big load off of your shoulders. Niel was starting to become caring, like a brother and good friend, especially after being suspicious about your sudden seperation. It really felt nice to just not worry. But, you still thought about Lay 24/7, missing him completely.

 

Lay gulped and got out of the taxi. He paid the driver and walked up the steps of the main residence. The doorbell rang and a butler answered. 

"Oh, Master Zhang, you're not supposed to be here." the butler whispered softly, making sure no one was around. 

"It's fine." your grandmother smiled and opened her arms. Your grandmother always looked beautiful at her age, but since this whole drama started, she's been looking rather tired. 

"Lay, my handsome boy, come in to my study. We'll have good privacy there." she grabbed onto his arm and led him down a few long halls. She opened a cream door to her personal study. Inside was brightly lit; mint green walls with some pastel colored flowers decorating the spotless room. It was very grand yet homey. 

Your grandmother sat down on a pastel, pink victorian sofa with a hard, gold outline and patted the space next to him,"Sit.  Tea will be sent up with some snacks." 

Lay was less nervous around your grandmother and sat beside her. He had a sad smile on his face,"Hello, grandma."

"You look so thin, have you been taking care of yourself properly?" she pouted and held his face in her soft hands. "Tsk, look what my stupid, sly husband has done to your handsome face."

"I'm fine, grandma. How's...Jina doing?" Lay whispered the last part.

Your grandma shook her head,"She hasn't been doing good either. But, Niel's been taking good care of her."

Lay's face hardened,"He has?" He sulked and hung his head in shame. I've been an idiot, thinking selfishly. Jina's suffering too. 

Your grandmother patted his cheeks, then slapped them hard. Lay winced and rubbed his red cheeks,"Grandma?!"

"You idiot. What are you doing sitting here talking to me when  Jina's with some other man, even if he's a good boy, I don't care! You're behavior has no excuse!" she scolded and poked his arm. "I've been waiting for you both to come see me, yet it's only you. And then I hear you guys haven't talked in weeks! Aish young couples..." 

"Grandma." Lay could only mumble. He was touched. 

She smiled and hugged him,"You're just a high school boy, what could you do by yourself against a man like my idiot husband, hm? You can't really expect to take him out by yourself? Is that why you haven't been talking to Jina?"

Lay nodded his head and rested his face in his hands,"I felt like...nothing. I was stressing so much on my own, I ignored Jina's feelings. I thought it was better if I gave up." 

Your grandma rubbed his hunched back and sighed,"I'm going to help you some way. So, don't worry. Just focus on taking care of yourself and my granddaughter, okay? That's all I ask of you." 

Lay sat up and a smile grew on his lips,"R-really?!"

"Why not? You're the only one who's going to marry my granddaughter, not some other boy. Just you." she poked his nose.

Lay grinned and tackled her with a meaningful hug,"Thank you, grandma. Thank you so much." he whispered softly, almost whimpering. 

Your grandma hugged him back and patted his back soothingly,"Shh, no need to thank me. It was my pleasure, Lay." When she pulled away she smiled at him,"You promised the next time you visited, you'd play the piano for me."

Lay laughed,"Just show me the way and I'll play for you." 


hey y'all~

how is your 2014 going so far?

i just got my miracles in december album [korean ver.] and got an awkward, straight guardian stuck in a globe, ha.

know what's that about? i don't either hehe.

ugh i still don't have my poster tho...

i love the album and i decided to update. heey

my breaks almost over. s sake.

i needa do hw.

bai pokers lurve you 5ever.

(me leaving^ liek a boss)

-daebakauthor-nimpanda

 

random thought corner:

luhan at kcon'13 seeing a bunch of girls with MCM backpacks: