058

The Boy with the Dimple

The rest of the week you worked the hardest you could push yourself too. You practiced whenever you could. All of you did (those who were competing). It was so critical that you beat Jazz Academy, the whole school established a whole new schedule just for you guys.

You were currently in a practice room by yourself, singing the song you were going to sing. You glanced at the clock and gasped. You were late to meeting the rest of the crew at the pizza place you were going to eat at. It was kind of like an early celebration if you guys won (that's how confident they were). 

You locked up the practice room and made your way out the school. You texted Lay saying you were on your way. Shoot, I can't believe I'm late. You suddenly got a call, but it wasn't from Lay. 

"Grandfather?" You stopped walking. 

"Come to the main house, I sent our driver there. It's urgent." With that, he quickly hung up. 

What the heck? You thought and spotted the black car at the front gate. What's going on?

The young driver, Jin, greeted you and opened the door for you,"Please get in, agashi." 

You nodded at him and got in the car easily. He shut the door softly and went to the drivers seat. You bit your lips and decided to ask,"Jin, why am I going to see grandpa today?" 

Jin met your eyes through the rear view mirror,"I have no clue, agashi. It might be important since he ordered me to do so urgently." He had a bit of concern in his eyes. You nodded your head and thanked him.

You were looking outside the window and sighed. You were anxious since your grandfather didn't really call you up to the house so seriously. You texted Lay once again. 

 

To Lay:

I won't be able to go tonight. 

 

You hoped he read the text. You also hoped he'd reply. Your phone beeped. 

 

To Jina:

Oh, is something wrong? Are you alright?

 

You laughed at his text while replying to him.

 

To Lay: 

It's just a dinner with my grandparents.

Don't worry. I'll call you later.

 

You sighed once again and waited till you arrived at the awaited destination. 

 

The maid opened the door for you and bowed,"Hello, agashi." 

"Where's my grandfather?"  You asked her. 

She grabbed your arm and lead you upstairs,"I need to get you ready first. There's an important dinner you need to attend." 

"Dinner?" You frowned. You didn't really think you'd actually have dinner with them. "What is this about?" 

"They just told me to get you ready. Come this way." She lead you into the bedroom you usually stayed in. There on the silk bedsheet was a beige color dress. Accessories and shoes were there as well. 

You furrowed your eyebrows in worry as you changed into the dress. 

"What's happening tonight?" You asked yourself in a whisper. You got a gut feeling that you should be worried. 

A knock cut your thoughts and you opened the door. Your mother was standing there with a expression you weren't too happy to see. She did not look like the cheerful, happy-go mom you knew. She looked scared. 

"Jina, you look so pretty." She whispered and finally smiled. 

You cast her a concerned look,"Mom, what's going on?" 

Her soft hands wrapped around yours and she pulled you onto the vanity chair. She dismissed the maid and started to apply makeup on you. She didn't answer your question and it made you even more nervous. 

"Mom!" 

Her eyes snapped towards yours. She swallowed hard and shook her head,"I am so sorry, Jina. But, tonight..." 

 

You walked down the stairs shaking in fear. Your hair was neatly done and your shoes clicked as they met the marble ground. You didn't want to move any further. The more steps you took would lead you to misery. You held in your cries and took a deep breath. 

I need to relax. You comforted yourself. I need to be strong. I can handle this.

You took the a step then another. You slowly walked into the dining area. Your grandfather was seated at one end, your grandmother (who was not pleased) was seated at the other. Your parents were seated on one side. And two new people were seated across your parents. You couldn't see their faces.

"Jina, you made it." Your grandfather smiled. You didn't smile back at him. His smile faltered for a second, but motioned you to sit down next to your mother. 

You just stood there. Staring at him with so much anger. When you saw his face, all the fear was replaced with anger. How could he do this to me?

"I said, sit down." His tone turned cold as did his eyes. 

You looked away at him with a hurt look and did as you were told. You met eyes with your dad who had a solemn look. Your mother had a similar look. You sat down next to her. 

"Jina, meet Mr. and Mrs. Ahn. They're going to be our new business partners." Your grandfather stated casually. You didn't look amused and stared back at them with a dark expression. 

Mr. Ahn was sturdy and clean looking. Mrs. Ahn looked like she was those ladies who flaunted their money around. She smiled at you with greedy eyes,"Hello, Jina. You're very pretty." 

You didn't reply back, like you'd usally do. 

Your grandfather patiently cleared his throat,"Jina, what do you say back?"

You didn't say one word, again.

Mrs. Ahn frowned at your behaviour but didn't speak a word. She would not mess up this dinner. Instead, she smiled,"I'm sure you'd like my son a lot. He's the same age as you!"

"There son is a nice man, Jina. His name is Daniel. He's going to be your fiancé."

"I have a boyfriend." You interrupted without blinking. You glanced at your grandfather firmly,"I already have a boyfriend." You repeated just in case he didn't hear. 

"Bowh?!" You heard Mrs. Ahn gasp.

"Yes, I already know." He replied back. 

Your eyes flinched in surprise,"W-what?"

"Do you think I'd never find out? Why do you think I never worry about your safety? I have eyes always watching you, Jina." Your grandfather frowned,"You're my youngest grandchild. I wouldn't leave you alone for a second without someone watching your carefully." 

You stood up abruptly,"You've been spying on me?!"

"More like keeping a close eye on you, Jina." Your grandfather lightly chuckled. 

"How could you be laughing?! How could you do this to me?! I won't get married! This is my life! You always supported my decisions! Why are you doing this to me, grandpa?" Your hands shook as tears fell along your cheeks. 

Your father tightened his grip while holding your mother's hand. She was quietly crying. 

"I only let you do whatever you wanted up till this point. I already set a plan for you! This is for your future and the future of our family! You will not do as you please from now on. You will do as I say. You will marry. And  you will break up with Zhang Yixing." Your grandfather roared. 

Your heart sank. "Grandpa, p-please n-no."  You begged. 

"He's a commoner. He's no one, Jina. That will do you no good." Your grandfather sharply stated. 

"Kang Jiyoung!" Your grandmother's voiced towered over your grandfathers, causing everyone to shut up. Her eyes sternly narrowed towards he husband,"Don't you dare talk like that towards your granddaughter in front of me, Jihoo, and Nara! I will not have you insult Lay as well." 

"I've already made a decision. And how could you let her date that commoner?! Outrageous! Soojin, I am not pleased one bit." Your grandfather spat. 

"I feel the same way about you!" Your grandma snapped. 

"Stop, please grandpa, don't do this to me." You begged and knelt beside him. 

"Jina!" Your mother gasped.  

Your father glared,"Father, please rethink this."

Your grandfather looked ahead, not caring.

You cried onto his arm,"Grandpa, please." 

"Father! Look at what you're making your granddaughter do! She's on her knees!" Your father shouted angrily. He stood up and softly lifted you from the ground. You sobbed quietly next to him. 

Mr. and Mrs. Ahn were looking at each other nervously. Suddenly a boy walked into the room. 

"Well, this is a sight to see." 

Your eyes widened and froze. N-No...

Niel smiled at you,"Hi, wifey."

"Niel, you're...Ahn Daniel?" You whispered. Niel. Why did it have to be him?!

"The one and only. Now, why is my wifey crying?" He pouted his thick lips. 

"So, you guys already seem close?" Your grandfather smiled. "Daniel, why don't you take Jina out for a walk. She needs one." He side-glanced you. 

Niel had heard everything since the time he was coming back from the bathroom. He gladly pulled you away from the tense atmosphere. You had no choice to follow. You didn't want to be in the same room as your grandfather either though. 

He led you to the beautiful, lit garden.

"Wow, this is what I call a garden."

"I won't marry you." You blurted. 

Niel turned around to stare at you. He kind of felt sorry for you.

"I'll only marry the man I love. And that will always be Yixing." You tearfully glared at him. "I'll never marry you."

For some reason, Niel was pissed to hear that. The pity he felt for you disappeared in an instant. Now all he wanted to do with you was play with you. He strode up to you and whispered closely to your ears,"You don't have a choice. You lose. Both the competition and the man you'll always love, Zhang Yixing." 

You felt your heart break as you cried. You couldn't say a thing back to him, it was too hard to speak. You felt like your were suffocating. 

Niel smirked in satisfaction and turned around to walk around the garden. He whistled while he had his hands in his pockets. "Come on, wifey. The fun's just going to start." 

 


Well, this is going to get good.