028

The Boy with the Dimple

The bell rang and school was finally over. You trudged out the locker room, rubbing your sore shoulder with your hand. Sumin was happily walking beside you, clearly not in pain like you. 

"Was the lesson that bad?" Sumin pouted, looking at you rub your shoulder.

You nodded and winced a bit when you turned to look at her,"Yeah. I haven't been trained in dance boot camp since the age of a toddler like someone I know." Sumin giggled beside you and squeezed your shoulder,"You're right."

"Ouch!" You whimpered a bit. Sumin bit her lip and apologized,"Sorry."

"What's wrong Jina?" 

Exo-M made their way toward the two of you. Lay came beside you and grabbed your bag from you,"Is it cause of the lesson we learned today?"

"I'll ice it when I get home." You gave him a small smile. You were definitely going to be icing it tonight.

Your phone rang from you bag and Lay grabbed it from the pocket. He handed it toward you and you answered it,"Hello?"

"Jina! Im outside. Apparently we're going to have dinner with your dad's friend, he didn't tell me who, but we need to get ready quickly." Your mother informed you. 

You nodded your head,"Alright. I'll be out in a sec." You ended the call and put your phone back inside your bag. You glanced at everyone,"Sorry, I have to go now. I have to go to a dinner of some sort."

"It's fine, Jina." Kris smiled. 

"I'll walk you out." Lay offered, still holding your bag, he grabbed your hand and pulled you away. 

"Wait! I wanna show auntie my new boyfriend!" Sumin followed you both, pulling Luhan with her. Luhan scowled,"What am I? An item of some sort?"

"Yeah! Duh! My item!" Sumin scoffed at him.

 

Lay greeted your mother with a kind smile,"Hello, Mrs. Kang. It's nice to see you again." 

Your mom had a big smile on her face when she saw Lay,"Yixing! It's nice seeing you again too! Sorry I had to take Jina away from you a bit early today. Forgive me?" Your mother had on a small pout this time.

Lay laughed,"It's fine Mrs. Kang. I see her everyday, so this one time is okay." Your mother smiled at his words, you however, blushed. 

"Auntie! Guess what I got!?" Sumin clasped her hands together and smiled at your mom. 

"What sweety?" Your mom tilted her head.

Sumin pulled Luhan next to her and pointed,"I GOT A Y BOYFRIEND! His name is Lu Honey!"

"Lu Honey?! OH HOW WONDERFUL~!" Your mother squealed inside the car,"He's so handsome too! Good job girls! Does Eunnie and Donggie know too?" Your mother asked. 

Luhan blushed madly in front of your mother when she said 'Lu Honey' and he glared at Sumin,"Sumin! Stop it!" 

Sumin just ignored him and nodded,"Yes. They know!" 

"Just wonderful~! I wish I could feel the feeling of getting a boyfriend~" Your mom cooed while hugging herself. You shot your mom a look,"Mom! You already have daddy!"

"Oh geez, I know. But it's a nice feeling to have when you get a boyfriend." Your mother winked at you.

You just shook your head with a sigh. Lay opened the door for you and helped you inside. You smiled at him,"Thank you Yixing. I'll call you later." He handed you your bag,"I'll be waiting." He smiled and his dimple showed. 

You giggled and he closed the door. Your mother waved at Lay, Sumin, and Luhan before driving off. 

"How nice, Sumin has a boyfriend too! The power of youth! And he's so handsome too!" Your mother babbled on about Luhan. 

"He's Chinese." You added.

Your mother's eyes twinkled,"Really? You girls are good~! Momma's proud of you girls."

You just stayed silent, but a smile formed on your lips.

"His his name really Lu Honey?"

"No, mom, no. You know how Sumin is."

"...Right." Your mom giggled.

 

Being dragged all over the mall for one single dress and a pair of shoes, your mother constantly pushed you in and out of dressing rooms. Even though you already had plenty of dresses in your huge closet, you assured her, she still wanted to go shopping. Spoiling you was always a way to comfort your mother from the guilt of hardly seeing you. 

You came out of your closet in a fitted pale pink dress, black stockings, and black pumps. Your dressed reached midway from your thighs. You pulled it down softly. 

Your mother, in a champagne sleeveless dress, shimmied toward you with her hands out."Perfect. Now here, let me put this on you." Your mother held out a heavy, gold-chained necklace, decorated with diamonds. But you just simply declined,"I'll wear dad's necklace." You held on to his teddy bear necklace he got you in Christmas.

Your mother was about to disagree, but saw the happy smile on your face,"Oh, fine."

There was a knock on the door and your father's head peeked in,"Are you girls ready?" He walked inside, in a maroon flannel, jeans, and boots,"Aren't you girls a little over-dressed?! We're just going out to eat!"

"Not a five-star restaurant?!" Your mother gasped,"Not that there's nothing wrong with it, but whenever we eat out with a friend of yours it's always at a fancy place!" 

"Honey, this is a close friend of mine!" Your father emphasized the 'close friend' part. 

You looked back and forth between your parents. Then you glanced at your dress. It took forever to pick out this dress, and in the end we're just going to a simple dinner...aigoo.

"Alright, we're changing!" Your mom pushed you into the closet.

Your father began to argue impatiently,"Nara! We don't have time for this-" 

"Don't rush women." Your mother spat at your father and shut the door to your closet. 

 

"Sorry, we're late Daejung." Your father eyed your mother,"There was an emergency Nara needed to fix."

"It was an emergency." Your mother stated, eyes never leaving Mr. Kim. He just chuckled,"Im sure it was a wardrobe malfunction of some sort." Your father laughed along with him and agreed. 

It angered your mother when she saw Mr. Kim waiting outside the restaurant with his hands in his pockets. A tall, young woman, who seemed to be a debut model, was his date for the night. Kai came along, boredly staring away into space.

"This is my girlfriend." Mr. Kim introduced with a proud smile. 

The model held out her thin arm,"Im Cocoa."

"C-Cocoa?" Your father repeated. She smiled and nodded.

Your mother crossed her arms and eyed Cocoa,"Well, you're a new flower Daejung has picked from his daily habbit of deplucking." 

"Very funny, Nara." Mr. Kim rolled his eyes.

Cocoa looked confused, but then chirped toward your mom,"You're Nara! The super model! Im a big fan!"

"Of course you are. Thank you dear." Your mother winked and started to converse with Cocoa. 

You glanced at Kai, who was avoiding your eyes.

You walked towards him,"H-hey...Kai." 

Kai glared at you,"What?"

Before you could reply, a waiter announced your table was ready. He brought you to two seperate tables,"Im sorry, all our bigger tables are being occupied right now. All we have is this table for four and table for two. Is that alright?"

"It's fine. Let the kids have some privacy." Mr. Kim smiled at the two of you. 

You awkwardly looked away. Your mother shot a worried glance your way, but sat beside your father. The adults took their seats and started to mingle with one another. 

On the other side, you and Kai didn't even look at each other, let alone talk to one another. You rubbed your shoulder, which wasn't bothering you that much anymore. It was a little stiff, but you could handle it.

The waiter came and handed out the menus and gave you some time to look for your choice of meal. You were glad you had something to do besides just sitting there. 

You skimmed through the menu and decided to have a Bacon Cheeseburger. Delicious. Now that you thought of what to eat, it became weird again, so you pretended to just read the menu. 

You secretly glanced at Kai, and he was just leaning against his chair, sighing constantly. 

"If you didn't want to go, why did you?" You blurted out a question. 

Kai gave you a hard stare,"I didn't know you were coming." 

You felt a pang in your chest from what he said and how he said it. You had a small frown on your lips,"What's wrong with you?" You tried to hush your voice, but it didn't matter since the restaurant was crowded and busy. "Ever since this morning, you've been a total jerk."

"It's cause I am an ." Kai wittily remarked. 

"Have you ever heard me say you're an ?!" You gritted your teeth. "You know what, I don't need to explain myself to you, cause I didn't do anything wrong! But, for the record, if I did do something to you today, Im sorry. And I also apologize for hitting you." You huffed, crossed your arms, and looked away. 

Kai stared at you and felt the angry aura vibrating from your body. It was obvious he pissed you off, but he was pissed too! And he didn't know why. He just felt this unknown rage burn inside him. And what pissed him off more was hearing Oh Sehun talk smack about him. Boy, today just wasn't his day. Now, he just ruined yours. 

"Sorry." Kai murmured. 

"What was that jerk?" You raised a brow at him. 

Kai held in a snappy remark, and slowly gritted his words,"I said...Im sorry too." You gave him your full attention for him to carry on. 

Kai gave up and sighed,"I was being a jerk today. Sorry, it was just hearing Sehun talk crap about me, just fueled my anger. My bad." 

"So, you were angry before too though. Why? I know you gave me attitude this morning." You said. 

"It's nothing. Let's just forget about it, and start anew. Okay?" Kai didn't want to answer you since he didn't know the answer as well. 

You paused for a second or two, then slowly smiled,"Alright then, jerk."

Kai shot you a look,"Hey, I already admitted I was a jerk, doesn't mean you have to push it." You just laughed.

 

"Dinner was lovely." Cocoa smiled along with your mother. The two kicked it off well since they had something in common.

Mr. Kim gave your father a look,"See, I knew having a model as a girlfriend would lighten Nara's bitter feelings towards me, Jihoo."

Your father grinned and wrapped his arm around your mother's waist,"Nara will always have bitter feelings toward you Daejung." 

Your mother beamed beside your father and giggled,"It's cause your face annoys me." 

Mr. Kim pouted and Cocoa comforted him,"Don't worry darling, your is adorable." She patted his cheek and smiled up at him. 

Your parents laughed, your mother the loudest,"She called you adorable!" 

"Our parents seem to be having a good time." Kai smirked at the group of four. You giggled and nodded your head,"More fun that us."

"Is that so?" Kai tilted his head to you. 

"They were the loudest table in the restaurant. The waiter warned them two times to be quiet!" You declared with a certain nod. 

Kai laughed,"True." 

"Anyway, good dinner today. It was nice meeting you Cocoa." Your father shook her hand. Cocoa bowed,"Likewise."

"We're grabbing lunch some time, alright?" Your mother and Cocoa hugged and kissed each other on the cheek. 

"See you around." Mr. Kim smiled. He glanced at you,"Hope you become good friends with Kai." 

You politely bowed,"We're good friends sir."

Mr. Kim smiled,"Im glad. Well, good night!" 

"Good night!"

 

Arriving home, your mother walked up the stairs, you following behind her. It was a little late, since the adults took forever to say goodbye to each other after their little mingle once dinner was done. Your father patrolled the house to check if every thing was locked. 

You took a quick shower and quickly dried your hair with a blow dryer. You remembered to call Lay and picked up your phone. You dialed his number while laying down inside your bed. 

While the phone was ringing, you turned off your lamp.

"Hello?" Lay yawned. 

You pouted,"Yixing, did I wake you?"

"...No." He lied. 

You giggled softly,"I'll just see you tomorrow." 

"No, it's fine." Lay insisted. 

"But, you had to work at your new job today. You must be tired. Go sleep." You said while playing with your bedsheet.

Lay stayed silent on the other line. Then you heard a soft snore. You held in your giggled and smiled. You closed your eyes and listened to Lay's soft snores.

"Good night, Yixing. I love you." You whispered softly into your phone before ending the call with Lay.

Sweet dreams. 

 

-------------------------------

HEY LOSERS! Im back! Cause I can't deal without using the laptop! It's been too long! Right? 

Idk how long ive been gone, but damn! I felt like it's been forever! 

Someone catch me up with Exo and stuffs!!! Lol Im so behind. So many I reblogged in tumblr! Idk what it was though!!

Anyway, did you like the update? Hopefully you guys were patient with me :>

If you didn't notice, I've only been updating THIS fic instead of my other ones.

It's cause I want to finish my fics in order now. So after this one is done, I shall work on Dancing with Another Man, and etc!

ENJOY READING LOSERS. baaaiii <4 

Im a lil rusty so forgive me with mistakes.

School isn't over yet for me, ugh. so finals are coming up and I need to study!

tumblr_mjwf0hAMgN1qbrmcxo1_500.gif

your awesome author,

panda_poke

(^just kidding by the way...or am I?)

tumblr_mh8oznbo0N1revws0o1_500.gif