065

The Boy with the Dimple

Since the dinner was canceled, you're grandfather wanted to talk to you alone. You both were in your father's study. 

"I won't get married, no matter how many times you try to make us, I won't do it." you quickly said.

"This will benefit our company, Jina. You don't understand it now, but later in the future you will. It would do you good to be married to a man like Niel. He's smart, wealthy, and good looking. Unlike that Chinese boy you think you're in love with."

"Grandpa!" you glared at him,"I love him. I do. Why can't you see it? I won't be a toy you order around. I do understand, I really do. I understand you're greedy and you want power. You're going to be the only one benefiting from this. It won't do me good to marry someone I will never be happy with. Don't you want me to be happy?"

"Of course I do, you're my beautiful grandchild. This is exactly why I'm doing this. It's for you happiness and your future. You won't ever have to suffer later on." he grabbed your hand and patted it,"Jina, darling, an arranged marriage isn't so bad. You're grandmother and I were in an arranged marriage." your grandfather spoke softly.

"I don't love Niel." you snapped.

He sighed,"We didn't love each other either. In fact, we met the day before we got married. We fell in love as the days passed. So, give Niel a chance." 

You gave up on trying to fight back, and decided on trying to convince him another way,"Grandpa, how did you know you truly loved grandma?"

He looked at you, then had this loving smile on his face, the smile you were familiar with,"I could picture myself growing old with her. I thought that if I lost her, it'd be over. My world would be over." 

"Well, that's how I feel." you whispered and stared at him with glossy eyes. "That's exactly how I feel, and you're the reason I feel like I'm being suffocated to death. Can't you really see how I am, grandpa? Look at me! Do I look happy to you? Do I really? Are you really going to make me hate you, grandpa? I don't want to, but you're making it easy for me to do." you croaked and shook your head,"I want to grow old with Yixing. I want to picture growing old with him, just like you and grandma. You're making it impossible. I was so close to losing him because of you." 

You stood up and walked towards the door and left your tired grandfather alone. He sighed and stared off into space, deep in thought about what you just said to him. He did realize that you weren't happy, it wasn't that hard to see. No matter how much it hurt him, he just wanted to make sure you were taken care of. Even if it meant him being the bad guy.

"Well, didn't you age a lot in the past few minutes." your grandmother clicked her tongue. She was resting on one of the pillars in the study. "You almost look human again. Though being much older looking. But, still quite handsome."

"Be quiet, Soojin." he grumbled and scowled at her. "I'm surprised you're speaking to me so calmly." 

"Oh, it's hard to stay mad at the man I stood beside for  over 30 years. Have you finally come to your senses that you're doing quite the opposite of making Jina happy?" she sat beside him on the couch. 

He rolled his eyes,"You've been eavesdropping, how very classy of you, Soojin." She threw him a mean look and he smiled at her for seconds before it disappeared back into his frown. "I want to make her happy. You have to sacrafice a few things in order to become happy." 

"Stop coming up with your own excuses of trying to be a good grandfather, cause you're not. You're quite horrible, you know that?" she shrugged her shoulders and crossed her legs. 

Your grandfather shook his head,"Who knew the Kang women could be so fiesty. First you and then Nara. Thank god, Jina isn't like that."

"Yet, that is my love." she chuckled. Your grandmother smiled at him and held out her hands to your grandpa. He glanced down at her soft, yet aged hands with all the diamonds and jewels he lavished her with through the years, and placed his on top of hers. She then started to massage his hands with her own. "Remember I used to do this whenever you were having a hard time at work."

"Yes, I do. And once I got back to working again, I had already lost track of what I was doing before and had to start from the beginning." he gave her a look and she just giggled. He smiled back at her,"You'd get so sad because I had to work longer." 

"Well, of course. I made it harder for my husband. I just wanted to help you relax and instead, I did the opposite of what I wanted to do." your grandma beamed and just laced her fingers along his. 

The two stayed connected like that for a few minutes, staring at their intertwined hands and then at each other. Smiling. 

"What do I do, Soojin?" he whispered. "I can't trust that Zhang boy."

"You old, blind fool. Can't you see he makes her happy? Isn't that enough to reassure you he'll take care of Jina. You know I won't let just anybody near her, let along date her, if I wasn't sure. Jiyoung, trust me, your wife, that I'm sure." she patted his cheek with her hand and rested it there. "Just let them be, like how I let Nara and Jihoo be. Don't be a hyocrite. Just...let them be happy, together."

He stayed quiet and she frowned,"Come on, how many times do we have to tell you she's happy? So what if we lose a good business partner! You're not even supposed to be working! That's why Jiwook is the new CEO, you remember him right, our eldest son. Just leave the business up to him. He's doing a splendid job already. Stop butting your nose into the business and just relax. And, I'm the one who made Jiwook hire Lay's mother. So, if you fire her, you're insulting my good judgement."

Your grandfather furrowed his eyebrows, still deep in thought,"I'll think about it." he then shot her a look,"And stop being so sarcastic, of course I remember my own son."

"Good enough." your grandma smiled and squeezed his hands,"Let's have dinner. And no more fighting today, or ever. I'm sure Jina wants her jolly old grandpa back."

She stood up and he did as well. Your grandfather wrapped his arm around her and led her out the study. "Sorry, for being so different lately, my dear."

"Hmph." she snorted and rubbed his arm. He smiled at her and chuckled. My, these Kang women sure have no mercy. 


i've been sick and stuck at home yesterday and today. 

hope you liked this boring chapeter ^^;

this cold will not defeat me.

i'll.be.back.

tumblr_mwzfhhhrdT1r86lhbo3_250.gif