015

The Boy with the Dimple

"Mom, do I really need a stylist to do my makeup and hair?" You cringed as a lady was curling the ends of your hair. Another lady was putting eyeshadow on you. 

"Yes! I need you to look your best!" Your mother giggled as some other ladies were working on her. 

It was the night of the party and your mother asked her personal stylists from work to help her out tonight, along with pampering you. 

"Omo, your daughter is still as beautiful from when I last saw her." The hair stylist named JJ cooed as she finished your hair. 

The makeup artist nodded in agreement,"She looks just like you too." 

Your mother gave a hearty laugh,"She is my daughter~!" 

You just smiled as the older women talked and gossiped with each other. You just continued to read your book until it was time to put on your dress. 

You zipped up the royal blue, sleeveless dress.

Your mother gazed at you in awe,"You look so beautiful Jina." You blushed and gazed at your mothers white mermaid dress,"You look great too. Im sure daddy will fall in love with you again." 

"Oh, stop it!" You mother giggled and pulled you toward the door,"Let's go meet your father and brother downstairs." The two of you made your way downstairs.

"You look beautiful darling." Your father warmly smiled at your mother and wrapped his arm around her waist, giving her a small peck on the cheek. Your mother blushed in happiness. 

Minhyuk and you awkwardly smiled and headed to the door first. 

"Ready Jina?" Minhyuk held out the his arm.

"Ready." You smiled and wrapped your arm around his. 

 

"You six will be doing the first shift. Get your trays and start serving!" The boss said has he shoved a tray to Lay. 

Lay winced a bit and nodded along with his friends,"Yes sir." 

Once the boss left, Kris shook his head and gave Lay a worried look,"You alright?"

"Yeah, that was nothing." Lay smiled and fixed his black apron and nodded toward the door,"Let's get this night over with."

The six boy smiled at each other and waltzed into the ballroom. Lay's eyes enlarged as he looked around the shiny room with dressed up people. 

"What I'd give to live a life like this." Luhan mumbled beside him. Lay chuckled and shook his head,"Let's get to work." 

The six boys scattered around the grand room, offering the trays of delicacies to the guests. They made sure to act polite and respectful as they served the food, even if some of the people weren't all that kind. 

Lay offered his tray out to an elder man,"Would you care for a Seafood Martini sir?"

The old man scoffed and shook his head,"No thank you. Now run off." 

Lay bowed and continued to walk around. 

"I'd like one."

Lay's face turned grim as he recognized that voice,"Would you like a Seafood Martini?"

Kai smirked as he walked his way toward Lay. He eyed the tray and felt digusted by the food,"On second thought, maybe not. But I'd like to talk to my good friend, the caterer, Lay." 

Lay stiffened as Kai patted his shoulder,"Sorry, Im busy working."

"Stay put servant." Kai growled close to his ear,"Now, don't disobey me. You should listen to those who are in higher class than you. Right?" 

"Again, I apologize sir, but I am busy." Lay tried not to let his anger slip out, and tried his best to maintain a calm appearance. 

Kai eyed him and snickered,"What, is this another side job of yours, commoner? Are your little poor friends working with you too? Ah, look I see your little awkward friend Tao." 

Lay fought the urge to smash the silver tray into Kai's face,"I'd appreciate it if you didn't bad mouth my friend." 

"And I'd appreciate it if you low lifes didn't mingle with someone who isn't one of your kind." Kai sneered. Lay frowned, confused of what Kai had meant. 

"Kang Jina." Kai whispered your name,"You don't deserve to be within her presence since she's practically out of your league."

"What do you mean?" Lay growled lowly.

"Oh, nothing. Just that a bunch of commoners shouldn't hang around a princess. My does she look beautiful tonight." Kai smiled ahead of them. 

Lay's eyes followed his and he gasped. There you were walking into the room, looking like a princess, just like Kai described you as. Minhyuk was at your side in a costy suit. In front of you was your elegant parents, greeting their friends. You walked gracefully beside your brother, smiling at the other guest of the party.

"Seems like Jina's father is a well known lawyer, and this party was held in his honor. It seems Jina's father and mine have been aqquainted since high school. Excuse me, while I go introduce myself. See you around servant." Kai snickered and shoved past Lay to greet you and your family. 

Lay was left speechless. Watching Kai greet you with his fake smile. You bowed to him and introduced your brother. Minhyuk didn't seem please at Kai's familiar attitude towards you. 

She's one of them...Lay never thought about your social status. He didn't know much about you. He didn't even know where you lived, ignoring the fact how creepy that sounded, it was true. Lay didn't know anything about your personal life.

Lay kind of figured why you didn't want him to send you home.  She's ashamed of me? Ashamed to let me take her home, perhaps? Or is she just being modest? Lay glanced at you with a sad smile. Now he felt embarrassed to face you in his current position. 

"Hey! Guess who's here!" Luhan came beside Lay. 

Lay stood still as he watched you from afar. Luhan saw the saddness in his eyes,"What's wrong? Jina's here! Come on, let's go say hi."

Luhan grabbed his shoulder but Lay shrugged his hand off,"I don't want to see her. I have these stupid things to serve."

Lay left Luhan alone in the middle of the room. Luhan scrunched his face in confusion,"What's up with him?" 

 

"Sumin, you look lovely tonight." Kai smiled beside you. He held out a glass of punch to you and you kindly accepted it. 

"Thank you Kai, it's surprising to see you here." You admitted with a small smile. You were definitely surprised when Kai greeted you with his shiny smile. 

Kai chuckled and shrugged,"My father is a close friend to yours. I found out before we left the house. I guess it's kind of like fate for us." 

You awkwardly laughed,"Yeah...I guess." 

Kai noticed the weird tension and approached you in a different way,"Why don't we dance? Less tension?"

I think it'll bring me more tension.  You smiled,"Uh, sure." 

Kai lead you to the dance floor as a smooth song started to play. People cooed at the two of you. Your mother was confused but she smiled beside your alarmed father. Minhyuk was glaring at Kai. 

Kai held your waist with one hand and your hand with his other. You placed a hand on his shoulder as he grabbed your other one. He started to lead you around the floor. 

"You're a good waltz dancer." Kai commented you. 

"I used to dance with my grandfather when I was little. He'd teach me." You smiled and Kai easily guided you around people. 

"Who is that young man?" Your mother wondered out loud. Your father answered her,"Remember Kim Daejung. Well, that's his son."

"Daejung?! Your old friend from high school? Wow, he actually settled with one lady?" Your mother smirked.

Your father gave her a look,"Be nice, darling."

"Still so harsh Nara." Daejung smirked as he came beside her.

Your mother flipped her hair,"And?"

Daejung chuckled and shook hands with your father,"Nice to see you again, Jihoo. I still see you're stuck with Nara."

Your father laughed,"Happily stuck with her." 

Your mother proudly smiled,"Hmph, and I see you're finally settled down." 

Daejung smirked,"For now."

Your mother rolled her eyes,"Still the same."

"Same as always~!" Daejung winked,"Excuse me, I'll be right back with my date." 

"I can't believe you were friends with that player." Your mother snapped.

Your father smiled,"He was fun to be around with."

"Please spare me the details." Your mother shook her head and looked toward Minhyuk,"Get your sister away from that boy. If he's the son of Daejung, Im pretty sure he's a player too."

"Nara!" Your father had a displeased frown on his face. He lowered his voice,"Don't say that about Daejung. You knew he was in love with that boy's mother. Ever since she died, he went back to his...old ways. So, don't act that way." 

Your mother pouted,"I know! But Im protecting our daughter. Now go, Minhyuk." 

Minhyuk smirked,"Pleasure is all mine, mother. Father." Minhyuk bowed to them before approaching you and Kai.