057

The Boy with the Dimple

The door bell rang and you walked over to open the door for Lay. He was carrying a white bag and he held it up,"I brought some cake for dessert." 

You giggled and grabbed it from him,"Thank you Yixing. Come on in." 

Lay nodded and looked around for your father. You startled him by poking his sides. He let out a little yelp and you giggled in return. 

"Ease up, Yixing." 

He pouted his lips,"I can't help it! Your dad is scary." 

You softened up and hugged his arm,"Don't worry, I'll be with you. Nothing could go wrong."

"Ah, Zhang Yixing." Your father walked down the stairs, eyeing you and Lay (mostly Lay). "I'm glad I can finally meet you personally as my daughter's...boyfriend." 

Lay caught on to his bitter tone and straightened up,"Yes, sir. It's a pleasure to be here tonight."

"Yes, let's sit in the living room while Jina fixes dinner. Her mom might not come home for dinner, sorry sweetheart." Your dad walked towards his armchair and sat down. His eyes never left Lay. 

You gave him a small nudge forward,"Oh, that's alright I guess. Well, I'll be in the kitchen. Calm down, Yixing." You looked at your dad and Lay, then walked to the kitchen. 

Lay gulped and looked anywhere but at your father. He was fidgeting with his hands. Stay calm! Don't freak out, I got this! It's not so bad. Lay glanced at your dad, who still had an electrifying stare on him. Okay, nevermind! Maybe, I should say something about his law cases or something. 

"So, Yixing, what do you plan to be when you grow up?" Your dad started questioning him. 

Lay scratched his head,"W-well, I was planning to be a professional choreographer." 

"A professional choreographer? Really?" Your dad raised his eyebrow, a bit amused. "So, you like to dance?" 

Lay genuinely smiled,"Yes, I do, sir. I've been dancing since I was a kid. I didn't really learn from a school, but, I learned from the older kids who danced and by watching tv."

"That's amazing Yixing, it seems like it's your true passion." 

"It is, Mr. Kang. I dance with my heart and soul. It makes me happy." Lay chuckled a bit.

He cleared his throat,"Well, how has my daughter been behaving? I'm sure you're taking care of her?"

Lay nodded his head while staring at your father in the eye,"Don't worry, Mr. Kang, I won't let anything harm her. I care about her too much to be that careless with Jina." 

"You must really like Jina." Your dad grinned. 

Lay's eyes softened,"No, I just really love her, sir." 

Your dad's eyes widened for a second, surprised at his answer. However, he was happy to hear that. The two kicked off with another conversation.

 

It took about 20 minutes for dinner to be done. You took off your apron and called your father and Lay to the dining table. The three of you got seated. Lay was beside you and your father was at the head of the glass table. 

"Please enjoy Jina's cooking, it's quite delicious." Your father nodded toward the dishes on the table.

Lay laughed,"Don't mind if I do, sir."

During dinner, your father would bring up random stories about you and some stuff he should know, or that's what your father believed. 

"She really ate a crayon?!" Lay was laughing so hard, gasping for air and eyeing you. You blushed and pouted,"Dad!"

"Mhmm, and this one time, I caught her almost drinking glue-"

You stood up abruptly,"Alright, time for dessert!" You ran to the kitchen in a hurry. I can't believe you dad!

"Thank you for that wonderful story, Mr. Kang." Lay smiled, his eyes still teary. 

Your father just chuckled and wiped his mouth with the table napkin,"Oh, my pleasure. Next time, I'll tell you some more with my wife." 

A bang suddenly caught their attention. 

"HONEY~! JINA~!" 

"Or we'll just tell you some more right now." Your dad smirked a bit and looked ahead. His smirk turned into a big smile once your mom walked in the dining room. 

"Hi honey!" Your mom cooed and ran her way to your dad. She gave him a big smooch on the lips,"I missed you so much!" She opened her arms widely,"See, this much!" 

Your dad just laughed,"I missed you too, Nara. Remember, Yixing is here for dinner." 

Your mom gasped and turned to Lay,"Omo, Yixing! You're here, I totally forgot. It's nice to see you again! Did my husband bully you? If so, tell me and I'll beat him up later, okay?" She smiled and gave him a warm, motherly hug. 

"Yes, Mrs. Kang." Lay smiled kindly. 

"How's your mother doing by the way? I texted her a long time ago to have a women-only-date." Your mom giggled with excitement in her eyes. 

"She's doing fine. Mom mentions how you're so kind and funny." 

Your mom sat beside your dad and hugged his arm,"Really? Well, tell her she should come with you next time! Oh, bring her to that competition thingy!" 

"Of course." Lay beamed.

You walked in the dining area with a plate of chocolate cake, the one that Lay brought,"Yixing brought this cake."

"Hi darling~!" Your mom waved at you,"Yixing's getting handsomer everytime I see him." 

"I thought I heard your voice mom." You laughed and sat back down with Lay. You cut each of their slices and placed them on some plates. "Here you go Yixing." 

"Thank you, Jina." Lay smiled but handed it to your father first,"I think your father should have the first slice." 

"No, it's fine Yixing, just enjoy yourself." Your dad smiled at him,"Please, you're starting to feel like a son to me already." 

Lay's heart warmed up and he couldn't help but smile again. He was smiling a lot during his stay. "Thank you, Mr. Kang." 

"Oh, stop Yixing, just call us abeoji and eomeoni! I'm sure you're going to be my son-in-law soon!" Your mom truthfully blurted out. 

You almost choked on your cake,"Mom!" Lay patted your back 

Your dad just laughed.

Your mom just shrugged,"What? Did I say something wrong?"

Lay leaned close to you and whispered with a wide smile,"I like your mom every single time I see her." 

 

You walked Lay outside, hugging his arm. The night was cold, but it was refreshing. 

"Thanks for having me. It was fun." Lay laughed,"I learned a lot of stuff about you."

You smacked his arm,"Don't remind me!" 

"No, but really though. I had a good time with your parents." Lay pushed a strand of hair out of your face and smiled,"I wonder if your dad likes me." 

"I believe he does. I told you that you had nothing to worry about." You poked his head and beamed,"You're amazing, you know that?"

"Me, amazing?" Lay inquired with smirk,"I think you're the one who is amazing."

"How so?" You frowned a little. 

"Well, you're not judgemental, not like some kids at our school. You're dating a poor boy with a widowed mom. You gave me a chance, you like me for me and not for my low status. Compared to you, I shouldn't even be in the same world as you.  You, Kang Jina, are like a goddess. My own beautiful goddess." Lay whispered each loving word to you. "I love you very much and I won't ever get tired of saying it." 

You beamed up at him and kissed his lips softly and the two of you just stayed like that for a minute. Savoring the sweet, loving feeling being shared between the two of you. Everything was perfect. 

The two of you broke the kiss and stared at each other with so much love, none of you had to speak a word. "I love you too, Yixing. And I won't mind saying it a thousand or a million times over again." 

Lay's heart tightened and he couldn't believe you were his. "Goodnight, Jina." 

You whispered back a goodnight and kissed him once more before heading back inside. Lay made sure you were inside before he could leave. 

"Yixing!" 

Lay turned around and saw your dad walking out in his coat. 

"I'll drive you home." 

 

Lay arrived home and shut the door. He scowled, worry evident on his face. He remembered your father's last words. 

"I am really fond of you already, Yixing. I can see you love my Jina very much. But, are you prepared for the future? It won't be easy and Im sure you already know that too, right? I can't guarantee anything in the future, but just know, it'll be hard on both of you. Especially in the world Jina was born into." 

Lay looked around the new apartment his mother bought. It was simple, but bigger than what they had before. He saw that his mother's bedroom was closed, meaning she was asleep already. He sighed and went to his room. 

Lay fell onto his bed and glanced up at his white ceiling. A lot was running through his mind. Honestly, he was scared. He knew it was going to be hard, but the thought just became buried away. He was too caught up in the moment with you, that he forgot about the real world...your world. The harshness of that world, the way they looked at him. The way they called him names just cause he didn't have a big house or a big name. 

He was really scared, but not of your world. Lay was scared to lose you because of them. He didn't want to and he wouldn't.

I'll fight for us, even though I have nothing, I'll fight. Just thinking of you gives me so much strength. I won't let anyone break us apart.

 


 

hi my lovely readers :3 it's been a while, yes?

this chapter was a bit boring (i think so hehe) 

I hope you're all doing safe and are healthy! It's getting colder, so stay warm~!

I could feel it almost ending...tbh hehe

sorry for my mistakes. im a lazy author.