052

The Boy with the Dimple

With the trials over, there was a short moment of a easy, breezy time. And since you weren't that stressed about anything at the moment, Lay decided to take you on a date. 

It was early in the morning when Lay was waiting outside your door. You skipped out your front door, wearing a light, pink shirt and white shorts. Your hair was perfectly curly with a pink bow wrapped around your hair. You immediately smiled once you saw Lay. 

"Good morning." Lay wrapped his arms around your waist once you were in close reach,"You look beautiful as always." 

You blushed a bit and pecked his cheek,"So, where are we going?" 

Lay wrapped his fingers around yours,"Well, I thought maybe we could go to the beach." 

"The beach?!" Your eyes twinkled in excitement. "Should I change into my swimsuit?"

Lay laughed and shook his head,"No, we're not going swimming. I was thinking of just walking along the shore, then have lunch near the beach, then walk around the shop areas. What do you think?"

As you two started to walk down the street towards the bus stops, you smiled at the idea,"I like the plan so far."

 

The bus ride was an hour long, but it was perfectly fine since Lay was with you. Exiting the bus, you had a huge grin on your face. The salty sea filled your senses and you took a big whiff of it. 

"I love the smell of the ocean." You smiled with your eyes closed. "I could hear the waves from here." You both were still near the shopping areas, a good walking distance from the beach. 

Lay felt happy seeing your calm, content expression. 

"Let's go eat first, or walk?" Lay asked you.

You glanced around the somewhat busy area, and spotted a nice looking family restaurant. You pointed at the yellow building,"Let's go eat there. I didn't eat breakfast, I was too excited."

Lay rolled his eyes, but had a smile on his face,"Okay, eating it is." 

You both walked to the aging, yellow building. There were a few customers already inside, the atmosphere was peaceful and quiet. You and Lay sat at a small, round table, which had old carvings on it. 

For breakfast, you decided to have belgain waffles and Lay wanted chocolate chip pancakes. The waitress who served you was kind and happy too see new faces. She just adored the 'new-young couple' town. The waitress decided to not interrupt your breakfast, and left you both after serving the milk. 

"This place is so cute." You commented with a harmonizing giggle. Lay looked around and nodded in agreement,"Yeah, I saw this place a few years ago with the guys. Thought you might like to go here." 

"Mhmm! Im glad you remembered this place." You smiled at Lay.

He smiled back and softly grabbed your hand,"Im glad too."

 

"Whoa! It's so blue!" You gasped at the sight of the big, blue ocean. You raced down the soft sand, taking off your sandles, and went to the tip of the sand where the water stops. 

You dipped your toe inside and squealed in surprise,"It's cold! Like really cold!" You stepped into the water and giggled joyfully. 

Lay watched you with an amusing smile and rolled up his pants. He placed his shoes besides your stuff and joined you. He winced a bit from the coldness,"Wow, you weren't lying."

"See! Cold!" You splashed him a little bit. He gave you a look and you raised your hands up,"It was a harmless, tiny splash!" 

"Harmless? It's like ice water." Lay snapped while splashing water toward you.

You yelped and ran away,"Yixing!"

Lay wasn't going to let you off easily and he chased after you. "Come back here!" 

"No~!" You sang happily.

You ran faster when you say Lay catching up. You let out a scream when he caught your waist. Lay smirked as he wrapped his arms around your shoulders to keep you in place. You started squirming,"Yixing! Let me go!" 

Lay didn't give into your little whines and hugged you tighter, making your cheeks heat up,"You won't splash me again?"

"I won't!" You wailed. He's so close! You bit your lip.

"Promise?"

"I promise!" You nodded your head hurriedly. 

Lay let you go and you felt like you were able to breathe more easily.

Lay saw your red face and smirked again,"Why're you so red?"

"No reason! F-from the running." You quickly turned around and started walking along the beach. You could hear Lay's soft chuckles, causing you to walk a little faster. While walking you felt your abdomen start to hurt. Shoot, it's from all the running. You pouted.

Lay saw you practically running away from him, and he chased after you,"Wait for me!" 

 

The two of you played at the beach up until noon. You were sitting on the sand, making a little pyramid decorated with seashells and weird pieces of sticks. 

You suddenly felt weird. You paused while holding up a big shell. Lay glanced beside you, watching you just stare straight ahead. He saw your doe eyes widen. 

"What's the matter?" he asked. 

You gasped and covered your mouth with your free hand. You dropped the sea shell. 

Lay frowned,"Jina?"

You sat down instantly on the sand and blushed a deep shade of red,"Pabo! I can't believe this is happening now!" 

"What do you mean? Jina? What's wrong?" Lay started to feel impatient from the way you were acting. It was making him worry. 

I started today...I STARTED MY FREAKING PERIOD TODAY! You were mentally freaking out. This was so embarrassing! You were in a middle of a date, and you just had to start on your period! 

"I..." Your eyes met Lay's worried ones. "I-Im fine." You quickly smiled. 

Lay didn't believe you for a second,"Stop lying. What's wrong?" he asked once more. 

"Can I borrow your flannel? I'm getting kind of cold." You lied. You needed something to cover you. Hopefully it'd cover your bottom area. How unlucky were you to wear white shorts. 

"My flannel?" Lay tilted his head. He saw your desperate look and took it off. He handed it to you,"It's pretty warm though." 

"It's chilly to me. Cause the water." You stuttered and put on his flannel. 

Grabbing your purse you stood up right away,"I need to buy something!" 

Lay looked up startled,"Well, do you want me to come with-"

"No!" You cut him off and started running away. 

Lay narrowed his eyes suspiciously at your disappearing back. "Somethings off..."

 

Pads...pads...tampons, ew no. Pads....PADS! You cheered for yourself while grabbing the small packaged size. You went to the cashier and payed right away. 

"Where's your bathroom?" You asked the cashier. 

She pointed to the back,"Just down there. Emergency, huh?" 

You pouted,"Yeah..."

"That ." She sighed.

"Im on a date too."

"That really ." She gaped. "Well, there's a good thrift shop over there with some good clothes, just in case you...leaked." 

You gratefully smiled,"Thanks so much!" You bowed and went to change. 

Coming out of the bathroom, you bumped into someone, dropping your bag with everything falling out. The pads, of course, out in the open. You gasped and quickly snatched everything and pushed them inside the bag.

"Jina." 

You dropped your head, knowing who exactly that was. "Yixing."

"You had to use the bathroom?" Lay tried to look at your face, but your hair was covering it. He saw your pads, but didn't think anything of it. He just thought you had extras in your bag. Lay simply thought it was a girl thing, so he didn't worry too much on it.

"Are you not feeling well?"

"Something like that." You quietly mumbled. 

I need to go shop for new bottoms! You thought to yourself. Yixing can't know about this.

"On the way here, I saw this cute shop. Can we check it out?" You asked Lay, finally looking at him. 

He was still confused on what was going on, but nodded. "Yeah, let's go." 

 

You looked through the bottoms the thrift store had to offer. You quickly decided on some black yoga tights. They'd clash with your outfit, but that really didn't matter to you. 

Lay, still clueless, wondered why you'd buy second-hand yoga pants, when there were way cuter stuff for you. Plus, he didn't know why'd you want to wear them right away. He saw you whisper into the female worker's ear and she quickly nodded her head with a smile. 

Walking out the thrift store in a better mood, you finally felt like you could relax. You took off Lay's flannel and handed it towards him,"Thanks for letting me borrow it." 

"No problem...but can you tell me what really happened?" Lay asked once again. 

Your grip on your bag tightened,"It's nothing you should worry about."

"Jina, but Im worried." Lay stopped you from walking any further. "Im being serious."

Nooo! You started to panic, which caused you to be more flustered. "I can't tell you."

"Can't tell me what?" Lay frowned deeply,"What can't you tell me? Didn't I say you could tell me anything before? What are you keeping from me?"

"You won't understand." You muttered.

"Huh?" 

"It's...not easy for you to understand, cause you're a boy..." You whimpered softly. 

Lay stared around, wondering what you meant. What's she talking about- oh. He then laid his eyes on your face, which was red again. Then it all him like a big slap in the face: the flannel, the bathroom, the pads, the yoga pants.

She's on her period. He thought.

"Oh." Lay mumbled.

It was his turn to blush. He didn't know what to say in a situation like this. Since, he obviously never experienced that sacred subject.

"Yeah...why are you blushing though?! Im the one who should be blushing!" You hid your face in your hands. 

Lay started to stutter,"W-well, I didn't expect that." 

You both stayed silent. 

Lay gulped,"D-do you want me to buy you something? P-pads? N-no, you already have some. Cupcakes? Yeah, my mom usually makes me buy her cupcakes when it's her, uh, time! I can get you cupcakes! Or do you want cake instead? Bubble tea-"

"Im fine!" You snapped. You felt overly-embarrassed already, Lay rambling (loudly) was not helping you feel better. 

Lay shut up right away. He knew how critical women were on their time. He didn't want to upset you. "Y-yes ma'am." 

"Ma'am?" You rubbed your head,"Look, can we just forget about this...I just want to continue off from before any of this happened." 

"Of course." Lay softly smiled and opened his arms. You stared at him, before slowly making your way into his embrace. He comfortingly hugged you,"Next time, tell me and I'll get whatever you need."

"Even pads?" You asked while looking up at him with a smile.

"Even pads."He repeated while kissing your head. 

You both laughed and enjoyed each others embrace. 

Lay whispered in your ear,"Are you sure you don't want cupcakes?"

"Yes, Yixing. I am sure." You groaned with a red face.

 

------------------------------

just some more jina & lay moments.

pads, what a great unifying tool. 

lay's healing you up, those on their periods.

tracking all you down, smellin yo blood

he's like "found you bish!" *throws up semi-middle fingaah*

"bang bang bishes."

staring into your soul to purify you..sike. (like that'll ever happen.)

baiiiii teeheeheehonk. so embarrassing.