014

The Boy with the Dimple

You were laying on your bed reading a book . You were too tranced in your book to get up from your little haven. A knock on your door interrupted your focus and you looked up as the door opened. Your mom's head popped in with a smile,"Do you want to shop with me?"

"Again?"

You pouted while resting your book on your lap. Your mother giggled and jumped on your bed,"Please~! I want to check out if the mall has the new collection~! Come on Jina!" 

You couldn't resist the look your mom was giving you and sighed in defeat,"I'll get dressed." 

"Yay! You're the best daughter in the world!" Your mother cooed and pushed you into the closet. She handed you an outfit and shoes along with the matching accessories. 

"Mom, please, Im supposed to be changing myself." You complained as your put on the brand named shirt.

It was a plain looking shirt, but it cost a fortune, a gift from your mother. Slipping on some black leggings, a cream cardigan, and your black booties you left your closet while fixing your Chanel purse. 

"Why don't you just become a model." Your mother pouted and patted your hair. She just admired your looks and loved dressing you up. 

You smiled,"Mom let's go." 

Your mother sighed and nodded,"Alright, let's go. After lets get our nails done! Your father has won another case and his law office is  putting a special party in his honor! We need to look our best for him." 

Your father was a known lawyer and you were very proud of him. Even though he was hardly home, you know he worked hard on his cases. 

"We need to look our best for daddy. He always does his best." You happily beamed. Your mother hugged your shoulders,"Yes." 

 

"Mom, I don't like this one." You sighed for the hundreth time.

You tried on the 30th dress your mother had given you. It was a short, revealing dress. You blushed,"I don't think father will approve of this..."

Your mother cocked her head to the side and studied you,"You're right on that. But you have such long legs. Aigoo, such a waste. Are you sure you don't want to model along with me. You know they've asked me to do a photoshoot with my family. And your father would look so handsome without those glasses of his! And Minhyuk would finally be home from his schedule!" 

You obediently listened and nodded as your mom rambled on and on about your good genes. You were just happy to see your mom happy. 

"Maybe." You giggled about your decision and went back to the dressing room. One more dress to go. You looked it over and nodded. It was quite beautiful. Simple. Just the way you liked it.

"And you need a date!" Your mother reminded outside your door.

You groaned,"But, mom! Can't Minhyuk oppa me?" 

"...oh fine." You heard your mother walk away. 

After putting on your dress and looking at your reflection, you smiled,"I think I found the one mom!" 

 

"Yes, thank you sir! We will do our best! Thank you once again!" Lay bowed multiple times along with Exo-M.  

"We got the job!" Xiumin raised his hands in the air. Chen laughed and jumped on his back,"Woohoo! Success deserves celebration!" 

"Celebrate another time! It's getting late and we need to make sure we arrive promtly on time tomorrow." Kris advised and waved at this friends,"Later."

"See you duizhang!" Tao waved. 

"I guess I should get going." Xiumin grinned and walked away from his friends.

Luhan yawned,"I have to go too, later guys." 

The remaining boys bid goodbye to each other and went seperate ways.

Lay walked toward the bright city, into a hotel. He stood waiting outside. Lay smiled once he saw a familiar woman come out in a faded coat. "Mom." 

Mrs. Zhang waved at her son and greeted him with a hug,"Sorry I made you wait, I had to clean up another rest room since a co-worker called in sick." 

Lay wrapped his mother's arm around his and gripped her hand,"It's fine mom. I don't mind waiting for you. While you were working, I cleaned the house and cooked some food. It's not much, but it's pretty filling." 

Lay's mother frowned,"Im so sorry you have to do so much house work. You're a teenage boy and you're stuck at home like a housewife." 

"Mom, didn't I say it's fine! If you're so worried, quit your job so I can work for the both of us. I am the man of the house now and I promised baba I'd take care of you. You're so worn out everyday, it's bad for your health mom. I'll just quit school and find more jobs." Lay nodded along with his words.

"Yixing, no. I don't want you to overwork yourself. Just focus on school and your dreams. Don't worry about your old mother." Mrs. Zhang patted her son's cheeks. Lay sighed and nodded,"Yes, mom."

Arriving at their small apartment, Lay quickly prepared food for his mother and laid it on the small table on the floor. He quickly helped her take off her old jacket and covered her with a blanket,"Sorry mom, the heater is broken again." 

Mrs. Zhang beamed,"Oh, it's alright." She continued to eat the warm meal.

Lay sadly frowned. He didn't want to tell her that the landlady wouldn't repair the heater unless they paid last months house bills. Lay was working hard with his side jobs (that he secretly kept from his mom). 

Lay's mother went to bed after many gestures from Lay and he cleaned up the mess. Making sure the doors and windows were locked he turned off the lights and went to his futon. He heard his mother snoring in the other room and he sighed. He didn't want his mother living under such terrible conditions.

Ever since his father died, things haven't been that smooth. Since his father was the one mostly providing the family support, Lay's mother had to take up the role to support their family. Lay couldn't let his mother do all the work, so decided to help out, even with his mother displeased feelings about it.

Lay covered himself with his blanket and closed his eyes. The job he obtained a few hours ago had good pay. It was a catering job for a big party. That would be enough to help pay for the house bills and heater. 

 

 

------------------------

 

hey hey hey it's me. finally

so lot's of stuff has been happening to me.

school mostly. I had so many things going on and blah blah blah

well I'll update some more because something bad happened

...but it'll be good cause i can update?

I'll make a blog post about it. 

later~!!

-panda_poke

*excuse my rusty mistakes