010

The Boy with the Dimple

"What are you doing around here looking so pretty?" Lay tilted his head. Is she on a date?! 

You smiled at him,"No, I had lunch with my mom." Lay nodded,"Must've been one fancy restaurant or something. I thought you were going to a party." 

You blushed a bit,"Oh, no. She like's to dress me up."

Lay chuckled,"But you really do look beautiful Jina."

You blushed harder,"Thank you Yixing. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing? Meeting your friends?"

"No, I was searching for a job. I need to help out with my mom." Lay scratched his cheek and smiled,"I need to help pay my tuition." 

You nodded in understandment,"I see." 

The two of you stood in silence. Lay spoke up first,"If you're free...do you want to hang out?"

"Aren't you busy with finding a job?" You asked him. You didn't want to impose on his original plans. But Lay insisted that it was fine,"I can search for more jobs later." 

Once you said it was ok, the two of you walked side by side down the streets.

"What do you want to do then?" Lay glanced at you. Seeing that you were having trouble deciding, he just laughed,"Alright, we're going to pick a random bus, and get off at a random stop." 

Bewildered, you stared at him,"What?!" 

"We'll have an adventure today. Just you and me!" Lay smiled and pulled you along. "Now which bus should we take though?" LAy thought out loud. 

You stared at him while he decided.

Lay snapped his finger,"I know, Jina, tell me a random number!" Jina thought about a number,"194?" Lay pulled her once again,"Then that is the bus we'll be taking!"

The two of you looked all around for a bus 194. You guys even had to ask strangers for directions. After a couple had told you where the bus was, you both found it and sat down on the bench.

Lay chuckled,"See this is like an adventure already! The Expedition of Bus 194!" You tiredly sat next to him. Your feet were killing you. You pouted and just wanted to massage your feet, but you didn't want Lay to worry. Aigoo mom, making me wear heels.

"Are you ok?" Lay asked, concerned by your pained expression. You shook your head and gave him a light smile,"Im fine. Just a bit tired, but I can manage." 

Lay nodded and he looked down at your feet. He instantly knew the problem. She's wearing those heels, how can her feet not be sore from walking. Lay frowned at the thought of the pain you were going through and stood up.

You looked up at him,"What's wrong Yixing?" 

He smiled down at you,"I needed to buy something. Wait right here, I'll be right back!" Lay quickly ran around the unfamiliar area, leaving you behind at the bus stop alone. 

You took this opportunity to massage your aching feet. "Ouch!" Your feet was covered little bruises. You winced when you accidentally pressed on one too hard. 

A hand suddenly grabbed your foot and you gasped out loud. You were about to scream when saw Lay bent down in front of you.  

Lay knelt on one knee while he propped your foot on his other knee. He grabbed the plastic bag and brought out some antibiotic creams. His frown deepened when he saw all of your injuries. Lay, gently as possible, applied the medicine on your bruises and sores. You winced a bit and Lay immediately apologized,"Im sorry."  

The two of you stayed quiet as Lay attended to your feet. Once he was done you looked down at your feet,"Thank you Yixing." You gratefully smiled at him. 

"I didn't want you to get more hurt...You'll need your feet to be fine for dance class, right?" Lay joked a bit. You giggled,"Right." 

"Oh one more thing." Lay held up a finger and took out some slippers. Lay held them out to you. You stared at them while taking it from Lay. He scratched the back of his head,"They didn't really have any stylish slippers...since you look so nice, and I didn't know your size." 

"No, Yixing, they're perfect. You're so kind for thinking about me, these are better than those heels anyway." You smiled as you put them on. The fabric was soft and it didn't irritate your bruises that much, but your feet felt much better. "Thank you again!"

Lay was bursting with happiness, he was glad he found a way to make you feel better. "You're welcome Jina."

After the bus arrived, the two of you got iniside, and sat down on two empty seats. Lay was whistling to a song while you looked out the window. 

The bus was going farther than the both of you expected. It was until an hour later, that you and Lay decided to get off. You both looked around, trees surrounding you. Family's or couples riding ok bikes together, walking around, or having a picnic. 

"A lake?" Lay said, reading a sign. "There's a small lake up ahead. Let's check it out." 

Walking next to each other, the two of you reached the lake. Picnic tables were spotted all around the lake, which was big enough for little boats or paddle boats. 

"Wow, I've never been on a lake before." You gasped at the landscape. Lay was astonished too,"Me too. Hey, Jina, do you want to dip your feet in?" Lay looked at you and asked. 

You glanced at the inviting lake. Your feet would feel so much better, you nodded and smiled,"Yes!" 

 

You dipped our feet into the cool lake and sighed in content. Lay rolled up his jeans and took off his shoes and socks,"It's cold?" He asked nervously.

"Yeah, but it's very refreshing!" You laughed and patted the grass next to you,"Come on Yixing, it's not that cold." Lay had a little frown on his face and he slowly dipped his feet in. He flinched,"Holy crap that's cold!" 

"But doesn't it feel nice?" You giggled and started to kick your feet softly in the water. Lay smiled,"I guess you can say that...but it really was cold. So is your feet feeling better?"

You nodded,"Yeah, much better." Lay laughed,"That's good. Aren't you glad you picked that bus?" 

Beaming, you met eyes with Lay,"We must've gotten lucky then!"

Lay smiled back,"Really lucky." I get to be with you for a bit, feels great. I can get away from a stressful reality and just spend this day with you.

The whole time at they lake, the two of you biked around together, went on a the little boats while Lay rowed, and finally you guys were on the paddle boats. 

"This is such a workout." Lay cheerfully smiled. You pouted,"It's so hard to paddle with slippers! My feet keep slipping." 

Lay laughed,"Then I'll paddle us!" 

"But you already rowed the boat! I don't want you to be the only one tired." You tried to convince him that you'll keep helping out, but Lay refused.

"It's a man's job to take control of these kinds of situations. So just relax Jina, and Lay will take you for the ride of your life!" Lay puffed his chest and slapped it. You just sighed at his stubborness,"Fine."

Lay smiled and started to paddle just the two of you, but the boat was harder to paddle. You noticed it right away and watched while Lay struggled to move you guys. 

"Yixing, maybe I'll just help you paddle. I can manage to help you back to shore, I don't think we need to see more lake water anyway." You giggled and started to paddle with Lay. 

Lay gave you an embarassed smile,"Sorry." You just smiled,"No problem."

 

Making it back to shore, the two of you looked for a nice place to eat a snack. You found a nice shady table and sat down. Lay offered to buy the food, but you declined,"I'll pay for the food Yixing, since it was your idea to take me out, I'll pay."

"But-"

"No but'sYixing! Plus you need to save up for your tuition to help out with your parents!" You reminded him.

Lay stayed quiet. He felt uncomfortable, and a bit embarassed that you'd buy him food because of his current financial situation. He still thought it was a man's duty for him to buy the food, he was just raised that way. "Jina, I can handle buying some snacks. It's fine." 

But it was your turn to be stubborn. You didn't want to burden him,"I can do it. Stay!" You pointed at him before leaving to buy some snacks and drinks. 

Lay sighed deeply and watched you walk away with your slippers. He chuckled and shook his head,"What am I going to do with you Kang Jina?"

He smiled as bystanders looked at your unmatching attire, due to your slippers. He found himself laughing at your oblivious attitude. You didn't notice people giving you weird looks since you were to busy wondering what Lay would want. 

"There's hot dogs, chips, soda, ice cream...what should I get?" You tapped your lips while looking at the available snacks. "I'll just get everything? Maybe ice cream later." 

So you ordered everything except the ice cream. You miraculously brought everything to the table, surprsing Lay.

"Jina! Why'd you buy so much?" Lay gaped at all the food in front of him.

You scratched your temple and laughed a little,"I didn't know what'd you want...but I did remember you saying you liked junk food." 

Lay laughed and picked up a hot dog,"Thank you Jina. Now we'll have some snacks for that long bus ride home."

That made you remember about going home to an empty house. You sulked a bit, but was glad that you had some time with Lay before going back home to no one.

The two of you chatted while eating the food. After eating, it was getting a bit dark, so you guys called it a day. The bus dropped you both across Simple Dance Studio. 

"Hey, isn't this-" Lay was about to finish but you beat him to it,"Simple Dance Studio, the one and only." You nodded while looking at the dance studio. Eunhae appas and Sumin probably just ended an hour ago, but they should still be there. Maybe I'll stay here for a bit. 

"Wow..." Lay whispered to himself, totally dazed that the dance studio he worshiped was right in front of him. You heard him and glanced at him. Lay's eyes were bright and excited, like a kid at a toy store.

You giggled,"You want to go in?" Lay gasped and shook his head all too fast,"No! I can't!"

"Oh? Why not?" You asked.

Lay held up his pinky,"My friends and I promised that'd we all go together one day... I need to keep that promise. It wouldn't feel the same to dance alone without them...especially here." Lay looked at Simple Dance Studio.

You smiled sincerely,"That's a nice promise. Then next time bring them over. Maybe after school on Monday?" 

Lay of course wanted to go, but he'd have to talk to the guys first. "We'll see..." It was the cost that was troubling. Lay sighed as he looked at the building, then he looked back at you,"I guess I should walk you home?" 

"Actually, I was planning to go inside." You pointed at the studio.

"Alright." Lay smiled and stepped back into the street. He was turning to go before he came closer to you, holding out his phone,"Can I have your number?"

"M-My number?" Stuttering you pointed to yourself. Lay smiled again,"Yeah. Is that ok? Maybe we can go on another adventure again?"

You felt your heart beat excitedly and took out your phone,"Alright. I'd like that."

The two of you exchanged numbers. Lay smiled,"I need your picture on your contact."

You blushed but smiled at him. Lay motioned for you to take a picture of him. Lay smiled and you could see his dimple. You took the picture.

tumblr_m8l3ef6c0x1rued0uo2_1280%5B1%5D.j

Lay grinned at you,"Then I'll see you Monday?" 

"Yeah, Monday." You smiled at him.  Lay chuckled and walked away, hands in pockets and whistling away. 

 

You quickly entered the studio with a big bang, startling Sumin and Eunhae appas, who were in the middle of dinner. 

"Good krisus child! What has gotten into you?!" Donghae appa screeched. Eunhyuk appa just shook his head slowly at you, giving you a look,"What's wrong with your super quiet best friend?" He elbowed Sumin.

Sumin eyed you,"Are you o-"

"KYAH~!" You squealed and hugged your phone tightly, jumping around happily. You've never felt so much excitement and adrenaline coursing through your body. 

Sumin and Eunhae appas were just watching, surprised you were being...so loud. 

You smiled brightly and looked at your phone. You sat down next to Sumin, and told the family what just happened. Soon more squeals and screams were being made. Sumin hugged you tightly, and so did Donghae.

You also told Eunhyuk about bringing Lay and Exo-M to the studio on Monday, which Sumin was super excited about. She already told Eunhyuk and Donghae about her "Future y Hubby". Dongahe and Eunhyuk just dismissed their daughters impractical wishes.

Once you got home, after Eunhae appas dropped you off, you entered the cold home. But that didn't matter to you that much, since you were still happy about what happened. You took a shower and got dressed for bed. 

As you laid down, all you could think about was your day.

How you woke up and ate breakfast with your parents for the first time in months. How you had a girls day out with your busy mother. How you had an adventure with Lay. How he asked for your number. How you could see his handsome, dimple face anytime you wanted now.

You just couldn't stop smiling.  I can't wait till Monday. 


happy late valentine's day.

sorry i haven't been updating. busy week as school. forgive thy author. please be patient with me^^;

good update? 

made a new story, since i finished my other one~! (if you guys want to see it, please do)

*excuse the mistakes I am tired.