054

The Boy with the Dimple

During the weeks before the competition, you were all practicing like hell. There were no easy-breezy play times. There wasn't any after school dates, or hanging out with friends. It was a time for serious business and everyone was busy. 

You were going over the lyrics of one of the songs you were going to sing. Mrs. Lin advised to have as many back-up songs as possible. You didn't know who to be trusted around these sacred times. Spies were known to be in the school before. Rumor or not, it was better to be safe than never. 

The only places you practiced at was in your home or at a practice room at your brother's company. It was the perks of having an idol older brother. Currently, you were at home, on your bed sprawled all over. 

"Gosh, this is so...much!" You groaned and massaged your temples. You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. The quiet atmosphere was soothing your massive headache that was until...

"JINA~!"

Heels could be heard clicking through the hallway at a quick pace. Only one person you knew could run in four inch heels. Your door burst open and you didn't bother to look at who it was. 

"Hi mom." You raised your hand vertically in the air to wave at her, though you still couldn't see her.

Your mom ran to your bed, kicked off her heels in the process, and jumped beside you. "HI MY LOVELY GIRL."

"What do you want mom?" You side glanced her with a knowing expression of I-know-you-want-something.

"Well," your mom giggled," remember that shoot I mentioned before with the two of us..."

"No." You flat out rejected her. "Mom, you know I'd look horrible next to you. And I know for a fact, they will photoshop my face, which will discourage me even more."

Your mom scowled,"Why would they have to photoshop you? You're already beautiful! And I don't ever take a job where they photoshop me. Only sometimes, but those are very rare! Like when I have a pimple or something."

"I still don't wanna." You pouted your lips.

Your mom smiled,"I order you to do it. Since I am your mom and carried your for nine months, you'll have to listen to me."

"Now you're playing that card on me? Really, mom?" You whined and shook her arm,"I have to practice for my competion against Jazz Academy!"

"Jazz Academy! Omo, I once went on a date with a boy from there!" Your mom tapped her lips, trying to remember. She snapped her fingers,"I did! He was alright, a little on the weird side, but yeah."

"That's nice to know." You thought it was random, but it was your mother you were talking to.

Your mom hugged you,"You'll do fine, but now let's go take pictures~!"

"Mom-"

"Don't mom me, everyone is already at the studio. If your father and oppa are going to be there, so are you!"

 

You were sitting on a makeup chair with curl rollers in your long hair. A makeup artist, named Rin, was professionally applying light makeup on your face.

"Your face is pretty." Rin spoke in a monotone voice.

She was a tall, slim Japanese girl, with a purple wig on. She had colorful make up on, even though it really stood out, it suited her face. Your mom said Rin was the only girl who could do her makeup. She said she saw Rin walking around Seoul one day years back and fell in love with her makeup style. Since then, Rin has been your mom's personal makeup artist.

"Thanks." You awkwardly smiled.

She nodded her head and continued advancing your face. She told you go change already into your first outfit. You did as told and trudged toward the changing room. You needed a little help with changing, so Rin helped out.

You walked out the dressing room, trying to balance on the four inch silver heels. It's silver straps wrapped around your ankle. 

"Whoa, pretty dongsaeng of mine." Minhyuk appeared from behind  you. "You look like a super model like mom." 

You looked down at your blush pink Tommy Hilfiger dress. It was quite beautiful, it made you look pure and delicate. Simple elegance. You thought you looked like a ballerina. Though it was a bit revealing since it pushed  your s upwards, besides that, you loved it anyway.

You glanced up and made a face at him, but smiled in the end,"You actually made time for this?"

"Mom called our CEO." Minhyuk did not need to explain the rest since you knew what your mom would say and do.

You winced,"He must've been scarred."

"For life." Minhyuk added with a smirk.

He was already dressed in a matching blush pink, silk dress shirt (the first two buttons ed), white dress pants, and some glossy new dress shoes, which were also white. Minhyuk was a glowing angel. His hair was done in a messily swept to the side in a fashionable way. Minhyuk highly ressembled your father, but he had some of your mothers traits incorporated.

"Honey! You look handsome, stop playing with your hair!" Your mother was clinging to your father, who had a dead expression on his face. He, unlike your older brother, was in a all white suit. Your mother was in a white Dior gown, it perfected and enhanced her slim figure. The dress was a deep v-neck design, with a sequenced design right where the v-neck ended. 

"My hair is all gelled up." Your father complained with a frown,"Do we really need to do this?"

"Yes! I want a family portrait." Your mom stated firmly. 

"This isn't how you usually take a family portrait, Nara." Your dad said, fixing his suit. 

Your mom pursed her lips and slapped your dad's hands away from his suit. She started to fix his tie,"Stop playing with your suit! Anyway, well it kind of is! I requested a shoot with my family~! So, ha! We're going to do it and that's final. Got it?" 

All three of you sighed, there was no way all of you could go against your mother. You just wouldn't win. Your father always won cases, never losing. However, when it came down to his commander-in-chief, your mom, he always lost. 

"Alright, Nara. We'll do it the way you want." Your father softly smiled and kissed her head. Seeing your mother excited about something simple like a family portrait, even if it was going to be published around South Korea (or even Asia), he was happy if she was happy. 

"Good!" She clapped her hands "Let's do this! Oh Jina! Your curlers are still intact!"

 

The photoshoot lasted hours. Picture after picture. There were three different concepts. One, being formal. Second, was a casual. And third, was a little pajama party for the family, where all of you had matching pjs. Even though there were a lot of struggles, mostly your father being too stoic at the start, all four of you had a good time. 

Natural laughs and smiles were presented in each shot as all of you looked at the final shots. It really did seem like a family portrait. All of you were happy, mostly you. 

It's been a while since we spent time liket this. You beamed while glancing at some candid pictures taken behind the scenes. The photographer, Jin, really knew how to bring out the sentimental emotions. 

"You can take them if you want. These are copies." Jin appeared beside you with a friendly smile. "You seem to like them." 

"May I?" You asked with bright eyes. 

He laughed and patted your hair,"Of course. Take as many as you want Jina." 

You smiled and thanked him. You looked through all of the pictures, taking the ones you wanted. Your father came beside you and chuckled,"Today was something." 

You beamed up at him and held our your hands with a big stack of photos,"Jin said I can keep as many as I want!" 

"Are you sure you can take all of them?" Your father raised a brow.

You sheepishly blushed,"Well, he said these are copies. Plus, I want to remember today. It was fun, right dad?"

Your dad stared into your big, brown eyes and softened up. He smiled and hugged you,"Im sorry." 

"Sorry?"

"For being so busy and so hard on you." He whispered in a hushed tone. "Today made me realize it's been a long, long time since we've all had this much fun together. It's the first time I've seen you laughed and smile. I just feel so ashamed to just realize it so late." 

"Dad..." You mumbled. This was unexpected. You were glad he finally noticed, but hearing out regretful he sounded made your heart squeeze. "I've been lonely these past years, but I know you or mom didn't mean to make me feel this way. It's just the way things are with work. Work is important."

"Yes, it is. But you and your brother are more important. I can't believe I put work before my own kids." Your father kissed your head,"Im so sorry, Jina."

You bit your lips and buried your face into your father's warm chest. It's been years since you last hugged your father. You felt so safe. You felt the tears you've been holding inside of you come out. The tears from the times you were just a little girl, feeling so alone in that big house. 

You hugged your dad tighter,"I missed you daddy." 

Daddy. Your father smiled once he heard that familiar word. He could remember hearing your little voice calling for him. Your dad wasn't the type to cry, so he sniffed. "Daddy missed you too."

 

----------------

forgot to show what the dresses look like lol

jina's:

jina's mom's:

lol i just wanted to show a picture cause they're so freaking awesome.