001

The Boy with the Dimple

"I'll be fine." You whispered at you looked into the mirror. You straightened out your white uniform jacket, and checked your black skirt.  

It was the first day at your new school, Seoul Fine Arts Academy. The best school for anyone who wanted to be someone. And you got accepted into it, well won a scholarship. But you were happy anyway, especially since your best friend was going. 

You still remembered the day Sumin made you sign up for the scholarship. It was terrible for you because of one thing, your fear of performing infront of an audience. Typical stage fright. 

But your case was horrible. One time you stepped onto stage, your whole body froze. You started to sweat and breath heavily. And you were just getting your certificate for moving on to high school. It was the most embarassing thing that happened to you. 

Luckily you only had to admit a tape of you singing. And that lead to where you were now. A Seoul Fine Arts Academy student.

You heard the door bell ring. "Sumin's here!" You smiled and looked at yourself one more time, then ran down to open the door for your best friend.

"JINA!" A body tackled you. The sent of strawberries filled the air. You giggled,"Good morning Sumin." 

"MORNING!" She chirped with a goofy smile, then she gasped,"Omo, you look so cute~! Your hair grew so much!" You blushed and played with the ends of your naturally curly hair.

Sumin grabbed your arm,"Let's get going! BYE AUNTIE WE'RE LEAVING NOW!" She was about to pull you out the house when you stopped her,"My bag silly." 

You dashed up to your room and grabbed your bag, then ran back to the waiting Sumin. She looked up at you and smiled,"Let's get going!"

 

"WOW." Sumin and you were outside the academy. Many sophisticated people walked in or got dropped off in their limos. You were stunned at the school's size. It was gigantic. But it reminded you of a castle of some sort, yet had a modern touch to it.

Sumin was walking ahead of your, too dazed at the school. You followed closely behind, and looked up at the schools front yard. 

Benches and tables were under the many trees at the academy. Students with musical instruments occupied them, and showed off their talent. You saw students dancing or singing too, with their friends. You were amazed at their confidence in showing the world what's in store.

You snapped out your daze, when you lost sight of Sumin. You started to panic,"Oh no. Where'd she go." You mumbled to yourself softly. 

Oblivious to the fact that a bunch of students were staring at you.

A girl with long beautiful brown hair, big innocent eyes, and perfect shaped lips, was standing in the middle of the school. Confused. Admirers watched at you looked around in a panic state, then calmed down when you saw Sumin. 

Quickly you ran to her side, she was watching a group of people dance in a circle. Sumin was smiling and clapping along. A tug on her shirt caught her attention and she looked back and saw you.

She gasped,"Aish! Im sucha pabo! Im sorry Jina! I was just amazed at their skill-"

You smiled and shook your head,"Its ok. I wasn't paying attention too." Sumin sighed, but then let out a chuckle,"I have a good feeling this is going to be a good year Jinnie."

"Mm." You nodded.

A gush of wind blew through your hair, you gently placed a strand of hair behind your ear. At a glance you noticed six boys laughing. They were walking your way and passed you both.Sumin and you looked at them.

Then you met eyes with a particular boy with curly soft hair. His eyes caught yours and you both shared a few seconds of a glance. But what stunned you was his smile. 

He has a dimple. You thought.

Then your eye contact was over, and he continued laughing with his friends. 

*Ba dump ba dump ba dump*

Your hand went to your chest, you felt your heart beat like rapid drums on Fourth of July, with  a little bit of fire works. This was a first for you. Your cheeks reddened and you searched for him again.

You found him and his group of friends entering the school building. You saw his straight back, then he turned his head and beamed at his friend. "Dimple." You whispered. He and his friends disappeared through the doors.

You suddenly felt disappointed at his disappearance. I wonder who he was...

"OMO!" You jumped a bit from Sumin's cry.

She was blushing a deep deeep shade of red. Sumin started to fan herself rapidly and she looked at you with a big smile.

"Wha-" You were cut off by her.

"Did you see him?! That y, angelic looking boy with the BIIG eyes! Omo, he's so beautiful and handsome. Im in love Jinnie!!!!" Sumin exclaimed and hugged you tightly. 

Totally speechless from her confession, you just hugged her back.

"In love?" You whispered and glanced at the door. 

Again, Sumin started to pull you toward the school doors,"Let's go find them!"

Your eyes bulged out and before you could say a word, your body was pulled along by your over- excited best friend. 

 

If you were amazed by the exterior of the academy, then you were totally blown away by the interior. You looked around you with awe, and studied the detail of the walls, floors, and just everything. You thought this school was beautiful.

Students buzzed down the hallways and stairs. Going to class, or just finding time to kill. Friends hugged one another, reuntied to be together again. 

Sumin and you went to go get your schedule. "Please have the same class..." Sumin chanted. You both looked at your schedules and smiled,"YES!" 

Students gave you weird looks, but you both ignored them and hugged each other,"Same class! Aish, such good luck!" Sumin giggled,"Now let's go find our lockers!"

Sadly, the both of your lockers were far from each other. Sumin pouted a bit,"Doesn't matter, at least we have each other in class. Stay here, I'll be back, kay?" You nodded your head, and Sumin laughed,"Alright, back in a flash. Zoom!"

You looked at your combo, and played with the lock. Your locker didn't open. It seemed like it was stuck. You scratched your head and looked around for Sumin, but she wasn't around yet.

Sighing, you crossed your arms and looked at your locker. Then you suddenly slapped your locker. "Ouch!" You pouted and blew on your red fingers,"Aigoo." 

You heard a laugh and turned around. A boy with big eyes was laughing at you. Blushing you looked down at your feet. 

"Luhan, what are you laughing at?" A voice called out. The boy Luhan grinned,"Kris and everyone." 

The boys from this morning were all standing right infront of you. One of them was the boy with the dimple. You blushed harder. 

"This girl's lockers jammed." Luhan laughed some more.

You dared not look up at them. Having stage fright, also gave you a little fear of a large group of people, especially with people you didn't even know. 

"I don't see what's funny?" A chubby boy, eating a steam bun you guessed, looked at his friend weirdly. But Luhan kept laughing,"It was so cute how she tried to open her locker though. She slapped it...and she was like 'ouch!'" Luhan mimicked your action.

His friends stared at him, then at you. You felt all their eyes on you, which made you highly uncomfortable. His friends chuckled a bit. Except the boy with the dimple, he just stared at you.

Humiliation was all over your face. And you turned away from them, and looked at your locker. Your lips quivered and tears threatened to fall. Where's Sumin...

You tried to distract yourself. Pretending you were ok, you started to play with the lock again. The really tall guy, named Kris stepped toward you and patted your shoulder. You flinched and slowy looked up at him. He's tall...

Kris was about to apologize for his friends behavior, when he froze. Your face was red, eyes teary, and lips quivering. Kris's eyes widened  and he immediately glared at Luhan, who finally stopped laughing,"What?"

"What?" Kris gritted his teeth. He turned your body so you were facing them. They gasped,"Omo." They noticed your face and felt a sudden pang of guilt. Especially Luhan. 

You looked down,"Um..." Your soft voice shook. You didn't know what to say. Luhan suddenly slapped his hands together,"IM SO SORRY!" 

Your eyes widened at his sudden action. For some reason he reminds me of someone... You held up your hands,"W-wait. There's no nee-"

"IM SUCH A SHAME. I APOLOGIZE FOR LAUGHING AT YOU. I DIDN'T MEAN ANY HARM AT ALL. I SWEAR!" Luhan looked at you with a guilty face and bowed deeply. 

Students gathered a bit, and wonder why he was doing such a thing. You really didn't like all these eyes on you, and you stepped back. 

"Please don't do such a thing." You begged. All his friends were smiling at Luhan. Even dimple boy. Lay then looked at you, and you looked at him. His dimpled showed, and you heart grew warm. 

Luhan stopped and smiled,"That's good-"

"JINNIE!!"  A loud voice pushed through the crowd of people. Sumin pushed past Luhan and made him stumble back a bit,"Woah!" Xiumin and Tao caught him.

Sumin hugged you,"IM SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU ALONE FOR A LONG TIMMEEE!" 

For some reason she reminds me of someone. Luhan and the rest of Exo-M thought.

You sighed in relief and smiled a bit,"It's ok Sumin." The boys were taken back by your smile. 

Luhan was in a complete daze as he stared at Sumin. He suddenly shook his head,"U-um let's go."

Exo-M nodded. They looked between Sumin and you, then walked on. Lay stayed behind and watched you interact with Sumin. Then followed his friends to class. Cute smile.

You laughed as Sumin squealed about bumping into Luhan and how he kept staring at her. Sumin couldn't stop talking about him. You just smiled at your hopless friend. Then you turned and saw EXO-M walk away. You shrugged and asked Sumin to open your locker.

------------------------------------------

first chapter up! 

omo, sorry if 'you' sound weak. just remember: you don't really like attention.

so i think teary eyes and quivering lips makes a softy-type personality no?

THANKS FOR COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBERS ALREADY <3

this is not a sequel to LSK btw...muah<3