Avoidance

My Baby's (Player) Father

Luhan who had fallen asleep as well was woken up by bright light shining on his face; he used his hand to shield the light, “Why are you guys still here? You all should leave now,” the security guard warned them before moving off.

Luhan looked at Jieun who is still asleep, he gently called out, “Jieun-ah, wake up.”

Jieun slowly opened her eyes, the skies right now is pitch dark, “I’m sorry,” Jieun apologized after knowing that she had slept for a long time on his shoulder. “Let’s go,” Luhan said as he carried her box of stuff while Jieun followed behind. They walked to the hallway where the lockers are and stopped infront of one of the lockers, “This will be yours from now on,” Luhan said as he placed her box of stuff inside the locker and passed the keys to her.

“Thank you,” Jieun said, she was really grateful for Luhan, he didn’t shun her after what happened in the morning, he even accompanied her throughout, buying bread for her, lending his shoulder to her and even giving her the locker. Jieun had wanted to part ways with him once they are outside school but Luhan insisted on walking her home since it isn’t early already. “But why?” Jieun asked when they are walking to her house.

Luhan looked at her with a puzzled look, “But why?”

“Why are you so good to me?” Jieun rephrased her sentence, ‘He is just like Baekhyun before we are together… Crap, this isn’t the time to think about that guy!’

“I just want to be friends with you,” Luhan answered with a bright smile, a smile that is able to give Jieun assurance, a smile that tells Jieun that he will be her best friend.

Jieun smiled back and nodded her head, “Thank you so much, best friend!” Luhan looked at her from behind as she was walking ahead, ‘Pabo! You are just making me fall even harder for you.

Jieun turned and saw Luhan not moving at all, “Why are you still standing there?” she ran towards him and dragged him, after a while they reached Jieun’s house, “See you tomorrow,” Luhan said and turned to leave. “Thank you so much my best friend,” Jieun shouted before running back to her house.

Luhan turned around and saw Jieun running into her house, he turned back and walked back home surprised to see Baekhyun waiting outside his house. “How is she?” Baekhyun asked.

Luhan is angry but he didn’t show it out, “She’s better now,” he answered calmly, “I know I’m a bastard, but…” Baekhyun said but he stopped prompting Luhan to question further, “But what?”

“Why didn’t you stand up and objected when you know that she’s my bet,” Baekhyun finally asked, a question that he had pondered after finding Luhan at the bench with her. Luhan’s eyes widen, “How.. How did you know?”

“I’m a guy, I have instinct too!” Baekhyun answered looking at Luhan who is shocked, “Why! Why didn’t you stop me!” Baekhyun continued.

Luhan looked at him and answered back, “Because I thought that you won’t do it! I believed that you won’t just causally stole a girl’s ity. I’m shocked too, I’m angry too, I’m upset too!”

Luhan grabbed Baekhyun by his collar and pinned him against the wall, “Why…” Luhan shouted, his eyes welling up with tears. “That’s why I’m here today… I’m here today to let you punch me and hit me, I won’t retort back… I won’t…” Baekhyun said preparing for whatever is Luhan going to do to him.

Luhan released Baekhyun, “I won’t hit you or punch you because Jieun loves you…” he said before entering his house leaving Baekhyun dumbfounded outside.

----------------------------------

Jieun woke up with puffy eyes, she practically cried herself to sleep, each time she closes her eyes, images of Baekhyun would just flashed out, she could feel a sharp pain in her heart as she clutches it and started tearing all over again, the night was long, she wished everything that happened wasn’t true, she hoped that it’s just a dream but it’s reality, she had been used by Baekhyun.

Jieun is like a walking zombie, she hung her head low and just walked all the way to school, people are still gossiping about her but she didn’t pay any attention, she just walked to the hallway where all the lockers are, she looked up finally and saw Baekhyun at their locker, Baekhyun turned and their eyes met, Jieun felt her heart beating faster but she managed to calm herself down still, she took a deep breath and walked to the locker that Luhan gave her, she ignore Baekhyun as she made her way to the locker, she took the stuff she needed and just headed to class straight, avoiding eye-contact with him.

Why am I having such weird feeling when she doesn’t even hold a special place in my heart? Byun Baekhyun, she’s just like any other girls out there that you had played with…’ Baekhyun was so deep in thought until… “BAEKHYUN,” Chanyeol shouted leading to Baekhyun regaining his senses, “You don’t have to shout you know?” Baekhyun said with a frown before walking with the group to class.

“Hanhan, where did you go yesterday?” Sehun asked with his aegyo-like voice that is specifically for Luhan only, the rest of them could feel their hair standing, they glare at Sehun and said in unison, “Stop talking like this and speak like a man!”

Luhan chuckled while both Baekhyun and him looked at each other, “I went home to sleep yesterday because I’m feeling a little tired and I off my phone too,” Luhan answered hiding the fact that he was with Jieun the whole day yesterday.

To hide her puffy eyes, Jieun wore shades in class and she was eventually asked to take it down, “Mrs Kim, but I’m having sore eyes now, do you want to check?” she lied and it was successful. Everyone believes her except for Luhan and Baekhyun.

‘I shouldn’t have gone with the bet… I shouldn’t.”

‘I should have stopped him; I should have stand up and objected to the bet…’

**********************

Thanks you for subscribing and commenting. <3333

I'll try my best to update as often as possible. :D

Here's a cutie Baekhyun for you guys in the meantime~