Persistent

My Baby's (Player) Father

The both of them are in an ignoring spree with neither of them talking to each other, “Where-,” Jieun wanted to ask but she was interrupted by Baekhyun, “Don’t ask, don’t talk, just keep quiet.”

Jieun glared at Baekhyun before folding her arms, she puffed her cheeks and continued, “Just tell me if you wanted a release, I can help you now, you don’t need to lose your cool at me!”

Baekhyun jammed the brake and glared back at her, “Can you just keep quiet for a moment! Sehun and Luhan got into an accident and I’m driving to the hospital now, if I wanted a release I would do it at home just now, but I know that if I tell you the truth at home, you will keep thinking about it, you will get panicky which is something I doesn’t want to see, so, please.”

Jieun blinked her eyes after hearing the truth, she mumbled softly but loud enough for Baekhyun to hear, “I won’t get panicky…”

“Right… Look at what you are right now? Hands clasped together and your eyes are wandering around,” Baekhyun scoffed before letting out a long sigh, “Jieun, I’ve known you long enough to know your pattern, you can lie to everyone but you can never lie to me.”

After the short tiff in the car, the both of them headed to the lobby where the rest of them are gathered, Baekhyun arrived first while Jieun followed behind and all of them noticed the difference in them, “I’ve checked and both of them are sharing the same room, let’s go,” Suho said leading all of them to Sehun’s and Luhan’s room.

“Sorry but the visiting time have not started,” the nurse informed everyone when the doctor-in-charge walked towards her and said, “Let them in, they are the patients’ friends.”

The nurse nodded her head and warned, “Please keep your volume down and don’t stay too long in the room as the patients need to rest.”

Jieun stood outside the room while the rest of them had already entered the room, she turned and chose to sit outside instead; she felt out of place inside. Baekhyun looked around and found that Jieun is nowhere around.

“What happened? We got a shock when the hospital called me just now,” Suho said as he looked at Luhan who was smiling despite have some minor cuts on his face, hands and legs.

Luhan smiled sheepishly, “We got into an accident because Sehun was worried about me, I experience a sudden and painful headache and was struggling to find the medication when Sehun lost focus of the road but he was fast enough to swerve the car to the left and avoid crashing with the lorry and we hit the lamp-post.”

“Where’s Sehun then?” Kai asked noticing that Sehun’s bed is still untouched.

-

Sehun was walking back when he noticed Jieun sitting alone at the chair outside their room, her face was buried in her hands, he walked over and tapped her shoulder gently, “Why are you outside? Don’t you want to see Luhan-hyung?” he asked with a slight frown.

“Come on, let’s go in,” Sehun urged without waiting for her answer, he opened the door and pulled Jieun in along with him as everyone had their attention on them.

Sehun pushed Jieun gently towards Luhan’s bed as he settled himself on his bed, “How’s your neck?” Luhan asked in a concern tone.

“Nothing much, the doctor just said that I sprained it and hence I’ve to wear this neck brace for at least a month and no driving for a month,” Sehun answered as he let out a short sigh after the driving part.

“Lu- Luhan-sshi, how are you?” Jieun asked feeling awkward as the room got really quiet out of a sudden.

Luhan looked at her and smiled, “I remember you!”

Everyone including Jieun widened their eyes upon hearing Luhan’s answer, they are surprised that he had regained his memory, “You- You remember me?” Jieun questioned again as Luhan nodded his head.

“I remember seeing you just now, Baekhyun’s fiancée right?” Luhan said and everyone deflated their shoulder knowing that he had not regained his memory yet.

Jieun felt her world came crushing down, she shouldn’t had expected so much, “Ye- Yes,” she faked a laugh as she glanced at Baekhyun from time to time, while everyone is crowding around Luhan and Sehun, Jieun quietly excused herself out of the room.

She sat down on the chair and laughed at her foolishness thinking that Luhan had regained his memory, her tears unknowingly escaped from her eyes, “You shouldn’t have expect so much,” she murmured to herself as she wipe off the tears.

‘Stop crying, stop crying!’

Jieun mentally shouted as she ran to the toilet to wash her face, she rested her hands on the sink as she looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes are red from the crying and she can’t go back to the room in this state now, most importantly, she can’t let Baekhyun see her crying.

It’s not right for an engaged lady to cry over another man infront of her husband’s presence. It’s just not right. She took out her phone and texted Baekhyun saying that she had gone home even though she’s still inside the toilet.

-

Baekhyun noticed that Jieun isn’t around in the room, he went out of the room and Jieun is nowhere to be found, he was about to call Jieun when he received her text saying that she had gone home.

“Guys, let’s give them some rest before we come and see them again tomorrow,” Baekhyun suggested hoping to be able to see Jieun waiting for the taxi along the way, he is honestly worried about her.

“Sounds good,” Kris agreed as everyone bid them goodbye before heading to the carpark together, “Where’s Jieun?” Suho asked as Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder.

“She said that she had gone home,” Baekhyun answered as everyone patted his shoulder, “She really needs someone to comfort her right now, furthermore, Luhan’s memory loss had been a great blow to her,” Suho stressed as Baekhyun just nodded his head, silently acknowledging what his hyung had said.

“We all knew that you two must had fight just now, no matter what, just give in to her whenever you can, Luhan is just-,” Suho sighed before continuing, “as important as you are to her.”

Baekhyun forced out a smile, “I understand hyung. Have a good rest later.”

-

Baekhyun was driving out of the carpark when he sees Jieun strolling out from the hospital, he honk a few times before Jieun stopped and looked at him, “Didn’t you said that you had gone home?” Baekhyun asked noticing the redness in her eyes.

‘Just give in to her whenever you can,’

“Get on,” he said opening the door for her from his seat, Jieun would have ignore him if she wasn’t tired or feeling horrible, she got on the car and remained silent throughout the ride but to Baekhyun, this isn’t the time for her to remain quiet. The silence is killing him.

“Where did you go just now?” Baekhyun tried getting her to talk but she did not answer nor acknowledge his question.

“We will be visiting them tomorrow.”

“What time do you want to go down tomorrow?”

“Are you-,”

Jieun glared and shouted angrily, “Can you shut up for a moment! I’m feeling very vexed and here you are asking questions after questions! I’m tired, Byun Baekhyun I’m tired!”

The moment they reached their house, Jieun just want to crash onto the bed when Baekhyun grabbed her wrist, “What’s wrong with you?” he asked but it sounded more like a demand for her to answer.

“What thing what, I’ve told you, I’m tired so can you please let me off this instance so I can sleep,” Jieun hissed yanking off his hand.

Baekhyun stomped towards their room and turned the doorknob only to find it locked, he widened his eyes and knocked furiously on the door, “Open the damn door, Lee Jieun, open the damn bloody door!”

Jieun finally opened the door and threw Baekhyun’s pillow, bolster and an extra set of blanket on his hands, “You will be sleeping on the crouch today because I can’t stand all your annoying questions, BYUN.BAEK.HYUN,” she growled before slamming the door shut again.

‘She’s unbelievable…’

“Open the door!” Baekhyun demanded as he continues knocking on the door until Jieun could not take in, “FINE! YOU TAKE THE ROOM, I TAKE THE GUEST ROOM AND STOPPED KNOCKING ON THE DOOR, IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SLEEP, I WANT, OUR NEIGHBOUR WANTS,” she shouted before heading to the guest room with her pillow, bolster and blanket.

Baekhyun looked at her and mumbled, “Seriously? What has it got to do with our neighbour when the argument is between the both of us?”

Baekhyun being as stubborn as ever went to the guest room and knocked on the door and it really got on Jieun’s nerve, she finally opened the door with her bolster, pillow and blanket, she grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and dragged him back to their room, “Fine, we will sleep together now and if you want me to sleep on the streets, continue annoying me, if not, stop,” Jieun warned with her eyes closed.

“You forget something,” Baekhyun whispered into her ears in his aegyo voice.

‘God, what must I do to get him to sleep…’

Jieun turned and faced him, she forced herself to open her eyes unwillingly and leaned in to kiss his lips, “Baekhyun-ah, I’m really tired, can you let me sleep in peace, please,” she whined as she felt Baekhyun hugging her waist tighter.

‘Finally…’

*******************

Here's a little update~
Slight angst and slight slight slight fluffiness at the end.
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you everyone who subscribed, upvote and comment!
<3



Off to watch EXO Showtime episode 6 now!
Enjoy~