Threatened

My Baby's (Player) Father

 

Jieun paced up and down the corridor, occasionally looking at the clock, it’s already 11pm and Baekhyun is not home yet, she used one of her hand to support her waist as she her tummy with another hand, she was kind of affected by the dream she had been experiencing. She tried calling Baekhyun’s phone but it didn’t get through, the heavy rain pouring outside isn’t helping much either, ”Baekhyun…” she mumbled. The door opened and standing in front is Baekhyun all drenched. Jieun walked over to Baekhyun, “Why are you all drenched?” Without waiting for him to answer, she went to the room to get him a towel; she came out a while later and instructed him to sit on the chair while she dries his hair. “You haven’t answer my question yet,” she said, waiting for him to answer. “Can I answer this question another time, I’m going to bathe now,” Baekhyun answered, his voice sounding tired.

‘He isn’t like this, he must be hiding something from me.’

She went back to the room and sat on the bed, her mind couldn’t stop thinking as to why Baekhyun is acting like this. Baekhyun came out from the bathroom, their eyes met, but Baekhyun looked away, “I’ll be sleeping late, if you are tired, you can sleep first,” Baekhyun said before leaving the room. She her tummy and murmured, “Baby, daddy love you, daddy really loves you, daddy is just…” she broke down and cried, she headed to the bathroom and started crying with the tap running.

‘Why is Baekhyun like this all of a sudden? Why is he so cold to me? Have he stopped loving me? Is he going to break up with me?’

-

Flashback

“Baekhyun-ah, I think you should know this, we know that we are selfish, but you have to marry Sunhee. It’s a MUST,” Mr Byun said, “Daddy’s company is running short of funds and we have no choice but to agree to Sunhee’s offer, that is to have you marry her and she will get her father to help us. This company is daddy’s baby, just like you. I can’t just close down the company like that.” Mr Byun explained, his eyes getting watery.

“What about Jieun? She’s pregnant with my child now, she will be giving birth anytime soon,” Baekhyun asked, it’s his first time seeing the weak side of his father. “We can pass money to Luhan every month and ask him to give it to Jieun without her knowing that the money is from you,” Mrs Byun said. “Baekhyun-ah, mommy and daddy are begging you now, please marry Sunhee.” Mrs Byun added as she started to kneel on the floor with her husband.

Baekhyun shouted, “STOP!” he went to help his parents up, “I’ll marry Sunhee.” He said before leaving the room.

End of Flashback

Unknowingly, he had closed his eyes on the computer chair for two hours, he stood up and went back to the room, he walked over to Jieun’s side and saw her sleeping but there are tears stained at the corner of her eyes. He sighed and kiss her forehead, “I’m sorry…” he whispered softly before heading back to this side of the bed to sleep.

-

Jieun woke up and realized that Baekhyun isn’t sleeping beside him, she went to the living room and saw a note on the table, “Sleepyhead, I’m heading out now, I won’t be home till midnight, don’t wait for me. Love you, Baekhyun.” Jieun read out, she did a little stretching and called Luhan who happens to appear in her mind all of a sudden.

-

Baekhyun waited for Sunhee outside her house early in the morning, after more than an hour of waiting, Sunhee came out of her house, all dressed up, “You are early, I even thought of going to your house to visit you,” Sunhee said sarcastically, he then walked towards him and whispered into his ears, “and your dearest pregnant girlfriend.” Baekhyun widen his eyes upon hearing it, “Don’t do anything to her! She’s innocent.” Baekhyun shouted almost immediately. “Well, it depends on your performance for the rest of the days before we got married legally, if I’m not satisfied, I might just pop by your house and give her a surprise visit.” Sunhee said with a smirk before getting into the car leaving Baekhyun fuming mad outside.

‘Byun Baekhyun, you have lost this game. Now, just listen to me.’

-

Jieun dressed up and headed out to meet Luhan, when she reached the shopping mall, Luhan is already waiting outside for her, he walked towards her and helped her since she is about to give birth anytime soon. “Why didn’t you ask me to pick you up?” Luhan asked as he helped her to carry her bag. Jieun smiled and explained, “It’s further from your house to my house then to the mall, it’s not like I cannot manage it.” Luhan gave up and laughed, “I can never win you in argument.”

They were doing window shopping when Luhan stopped outside a baby fashion store, “Let’s go in,” he said as Jieun follow behind. She was looking around on her own when Luhan came with tons of clothing in his hand, “Look, all of these are so nice.” Jieun laughed and looked through the clothing, “You don’t have to buy these much clothing, the baby can’t wear these much and he will grow and the clothes will then be a waste.” Luhan pouted like a little kid and walk back to put the clothing sulking, Jieun called out, “Wait, if you really want, I’ll say thank you on behalf of the baby to you.” Luhan immediately smiled and went to retrieve all the clothing and proceed to the counter.

“Sir, the total will be 150,000won, will you like to pay through cash or card,” the lady asked, Luhan passed her his card; Jieun whispered to Luhan, “It’s expensive.” But Luhan just smile and sign the bill. “Sir, thank you for shopping with us, here’s your card and item; by the way, you look really compatible with your wife.” The lady said to them with a smile as both Jieun and Luhan smiled back awkwardly.

When the both of them are about to leave the shop, Luhan turned back and said, “Thanks for the compliment, but she’s not my wife, but rather my best friend,” leaving the lady all blushing hard at what she had said earlier on.

'Thank you Luhan, thank you for not avoiding me, thank you for still treating me as your friend.'

-

“I won’t be having dinner with you, I’m meeting the rest of my brothers,” Baekhyun said coldly when he was driving. Sunhee turned and looked at him, “I’m going with you tonight.” Baekhyun turned and looked at her, “If not I’ll just drop -,” before Sunhee could finish her sentence, Baekhyun said, “FINE. Just come along then.” Sunhee smiled victoriously as she continued playing her game.

'Sorry... Jieun'

-

“Jieun-ah, I can’t have dinner with you tonight,” Luhan said apologetically but Jieun just smiled and said, “It’s alright, having dinner with your brothers?” Luhan smiled and nodded his head, “Help me take care of Baekhyun,” Jieun said as they started loading all the loots to the car. “Thank you for sending me home,” Jieun turned to Luhan who was starting the car’s engine. Luhan smiled back and Jieun’s stomach, “Baby, you mustn’t bully mommy okay?”

“Ouch!” Jieun cried.

Luhan panicked and asked, “What happened? Are you giving birth soon? Shall I send-,” before Luhan could finish his list of sentence, Jieun assured, “The baby just kicked me.” Luhan then heave a sigh of relief before driving the car off the carpark.

'Even though we can't be lovers, but you are still my friend, my best friend.'

-------------------------

Writer's block, so sorry for the slow update.

No, I'm not abandoning this story, just experiencing some writer block currently.

Be prepared for some sad chapters coming up soon.