Keeping the promise

My Baby's (Player) Father

Jieun spent the night thinking of what Sunhee’s father had said to her.

Flashback

“Sunhee is my only daughter and since young, I always give her whatever she wanted, that includes not playing fair to make her the top student in school. When she said that she likes Baekhyun, I used my relationship with his father to get her closer to Baekhyun,” Sunhee’s father confessed to Jieun.

“When she said that she wanted to leave Baekhyun because she’s tired, I supported her decision and sent her overseas, I heard that Baekhyun was devastated when Sunhee left him and he became a playboy,” he added.

“That silly girl thought that Baekhyun will wait for her, but she’s wrong, Baekhyun had moved on and fell for you. I know that she’s selfish; she broke what may be your happy family up, but as a father, I ought to give her the best, that includes having you to leave Baekhyun for the time being,” he finally said the main point.

Jieun was surprised for a moment, “L-leave Baekhyun?” She asked, her eyes wandering around.

“If Baekhyun really loves you so much, even after he leaves Sunhee, he will still go back to you, unless you are not confident of his love for you,” Sunhee’s father said looking at the girl sitting beside her in the car.

“All I want is Sunhee to recover and I’ll convince her to get a divorce with Baekhyun,” Sunhee’s father tried to strike a deal with Jieun who was hesitant.

Jieun thought hard and said, “How will I know that you will keep to your promise? There’s no contract or anything, everything is done verbally.”

“I know that you will say this, that’s why I have get my lawyer to draft a contract out,” Sunhee’s father took over the contract from his assistant who was seated in the front and handed it to Jieun.

She looked at the contract and signed it after taking a lot of courage to do so, “I’ll keep to my promise and I hope that you will keep to yours.” Jieun said before she takes a copy of the contract and alight.

After Jieun alighted from the car, Sunhee’s father, Mr Kim* got his assistant to go down and get him a cup of coffee, a mysterious guy dressed in black got in the car and handed him an envelope while he handed the guy another envelope in return.

Mr Kim looked through the envelope and he couldn’t believe his eyes, “Sir your coffee,” his assistant, Jonghyuk said and his eyes landed on the pictures of him and Sunhee.

Jonghyuk gulped and immediately said, “Sir, I can explain!” while Mr Kim glare at him and said, “I want to know what’s happening, Shim Jonghyuk!”

End of Flashback

All of them were totally knocked out after having drinking at Luhan’s house. Baekhyun woke up and realized that it’s morning. He stood up and stretched himself, looking around; he saw all of their unglam sleeping position. He laughed silently and took the pictures of their sleeping posture.

Baekhyun opened the door carefully to avoid waking Jieun up but when he entered the house, he saw Jieun seated at the sofa; he walked towards her, “Hey…”

Jieun was so deep in thought that she didn’t realize that Baekhyun was home, “Jieun,” Baekhyun called out again.

When Jieun didn’t respond, Baekhyun hugged her, startling Jieun, she turned and smiled, “Hey, you are home.”

Baekhyun furrowed his brow, “What are you thinking?” he asked sweeping her baby hair neatly to the side.

Jieun shook her head and removed Baekhyun’s hands that’s hugging her, she stood up and walked away while Baekhyun just followed behind and backhugged her. “Can you please leave me alone,” Jieun said sounding irritated.

Baekhyun removed his arms around Jieun and asked, “Why are you so irritated? All I want is just to hug you after not seeing you for a day.”

“I am irritated because of you!” Jieun shouted back, surprising Baekhyun who was left dumbfounded by her answer.

“I want a status now, can you give me a status now?” Jieun asked Baekhyun, as Jieun took a step forward, he moved a step backwards.

Baekhyun tried to think of it as a joke, he walked towards Jieun and held her hand, “You are doing a prank on me right? Y-you know my situation now, you won’t do it.”

Jieun flung his hands away, “I’m not! If you can’t give me a status now, we are over for good.”

The smile on Baekhyun’s face slowly disappears, “Are you threatening me with break-up to get a status…?”

Jieun answered firmly, “Yes!”

“Fine then, suit yourself, I’m tired to quarrel with you,” Baekhyun said trying to keep his cool even though he knew that he is very angry now.

Jieun grabbed Baekhyun wrist, “Status or break-up,” she stated, holding back her tears, she couldn’t cry in front of him because she had to keep to her promise.

Baekhyun turned around and hissed, “I don’t know what happened to you because you are acting like a crazy today like Sunhee.”

But as soon as he said it, he regretted it because he had never scolded Jieun the word ‘’. Jieun bit her lips and shouted, “Yes, I’m being a crazy , I’m too crazy to say that I’ll wait for you. I thought that I can wait, but I can’t, I don’t care if she’s pregnant now or what, I just want my damn status.”

Baekhyun tried to calm Jieun down but to no avail, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scold you a crazy .”

“Don’t touch me,” Jieun screamed and hit Baekhyun on his chest as Baekhyun tried to hug her, in the midst of hitting him, she slapped him accidentally on his face; the both of them froze in their steps.

Jieun looked at her hand that hit him while Baekhyun held onto his face, “I’m going to fulfill your wish now,” he said coldly not looking at her.

“I’m going to free you from all the problems and troubles,” he added as Jieun wished that he won’t leave her for she had regretted her decision to sign the deal.

Baekhyun finally looked at her, “We’ll break up. I’ll still play the father role to Yoogeun and support him.”

“Because I can’t give you a status now,” Baekhyun continued as he walked towards the door and leave the house without turning back.

Jieun finally broke down after Baekhyun left; she cried as her legs gave way, clutching her heart, she mumbled, “I did it for our son’s sake… I didn’t mean to slap you. I didn’t mean to argue with you.”

“I love you… But it’s too late…” Jieun murmured, blaming herself for being selfish, blaming herself for making the decision all by herself.

* Refer to episode 15 if you have forgotten Sunhee’s surname cos I really forgot about it until I backtrack the story. Haha!

******************

So they have broken up...

T^T

This is so complicated~ But I like to make it complicated. Hehe.

A contract is a contract, Jieun had to keep to her promise.

Now, Jonghyuk (the assistant) will have to play a big part to break Sunhee and Baekhyun up.

Jonghyuk is a good person in this story. Haha!

Thanks for the comments, subscribing and upvoting! 

<3

Ohmygosh... Byun Baekhyun, where's your idol image..?

Tucking in your shirt by putting your hands inside the pants on CAMERA!

You are really unbelievable...