Price to Pay

My Baby's (Player) Father

“Where am I?” Luhan mumbled as he tried to find his way out of this dark and cold room, he can’t see anything and all he could do is to feel the surrounding, “Where am I?” he asked, his voice sounding worried with a tinge of desperation.

“If you have the willpower, you will be able to find the way out,” a voice told him, he stopped and closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath, he opened his eyes again, this time round, he appeared calmer as he follows his heart.

Luhan was concentrating hard when he heard this familiar voice that he missed so much, “Luhan…” she called out softly, her voice sounding as gentle as ever.

Jieun held his hands and this send sparks flowing through Luhan’s blood, the room which is once pitch dark is now lit up and he could clearly see the entrance, he ran with all his might towards the entrance.

“Stop,” the guard who is guarding the entrance blocked Luhan who was dumbfounded, “You need to pay the entrance fee,” the guard continued.

Luhan took a step back, he is desperate to leave this area, he wants to leave this place before the lights went off, “How much?” he asked while trying to find his wallet but no matter how he flipped his pocket inside out, he can’t seemed to find his wallet.

The guard mocked, “We don’t go by cash here, we go by,” he pointed at Luhan’s head, “memories,” the guard completed his sentence sending yet another round of shock to Luhan.

“Memories…” Luhan mumbled as he stared blankly at the guard.

-

“Wake up,” Jieun said holding back tears as she held his hand close to her face, Baekhyun who was behind her could only pat her shoulders to comfort her.

Luhan’s fingers started moving, “Are you waking up?” Jieun exclaimed while Sehun and Suho went to call for the doctors after realizing that Luhan’s fingers are moving and there is movement in his eyes too.

The four of them are ushered out while the doctor continues to check on Luhan, Mr and Mrs Lu were alerted on their son’s condition. It was complete silence when they are waiting outside the room; they hoped that it wasn’t yet another false alarm.

Finally, the wait is over, the doctor came out with his face full of smile, “This is really a miracle, as the patient is just awake, we suggest that you keep the visit short so that he could have ample rest before we check on him again.”

The moment the four of them entered the room, Jieun ran towards Luhan and hugged him, “You are finally awake! Do you know how worried we got?” she cried and ‘chided’ him but Luhan was acting strange, he didn’t return the hug but just stare blankly at the four of them.

A frown appeared as he asked, “Miss, who are you?”

Jieun slowly released the hug as she stood up, ‘It can’t be… He can’t forget me…’, “I’m Jieun, Yoogeun’s mother, remember?” She asked cautiously hoping that he is just playing a joke on her.

The smile on Sehun’s face disappeared; did Luhan really forget who they are? He stepped forward and asked, “Luhan-hyung, do you remember me?”

Luhan chuckled, “Of course, you are my bubble-tea partner, my beloved dongsaeng, Oh Sehun!”

Sehun could feel the rock on his heart being lifted as he pointed to Baekhyun and asked, “What about this hyung, do you remember him?”

“Baekhyun and that is Suho standing beside you, I remember,” Luhan answered, his eyes landed on Jieun once again, he seriously had no recollection of her. His eyes followed the girl who had run out of the room as Baekhyun followed behind.

“Hyung, you really don’t remember her?” Sehun asked again to confirm if he had really forgotten the girl that he loved deeply.

Luhan shook his head, “Is she someone important? If not, I’ll slowly take my time to recall,” Luhan asked and Sehun eyed at Suho, to answer yes or no, Sehun doesn’t want to see Luhan suffers again, “Ah, not really, anyway, she’s Baekhyun-hyung’s fiancée,” Sehun answered with a laugh.

-

‘Had he really forgotten me? But he can remember everyone but not me…’

“Jieun-ah, where are you going?” Baekhyun shouted as he chased after Jieun who just kept running until she’s tired and out of breath, it’s too sudden. One moment, he is in a coma, another moment he had wakes up and forgets her.

Baekhyun finally caught up with her, “Where do you think you are going,” he asked realizing that she was crying, her face stained with tears, “Baekhyun-ah, he forgot me, he really forgot me…” Jieun cried burying her face on his chest, her hands clenching tightly at the hem of his shirt as she cried hard.

Baekhyun kissed the top of her head and comforted, “He will remember you eventually, don’t cry anymore.”

Honestly, Baekhyun is a little jealous at the fact that she cried her hearts out for another guy, he kept it to himself noticing that Jieun had enough problem, but he is a guy after all, Jieun is the girl he loved but she is crying infront of him, in his embrace for another guy who is his best friend, his hyung.

“Let’s go up before the visiting time is over,” Baekhyun said as he gently pushed Jieun off his embrace and wiped off the tears from her face.

Right from Jieun and Baekhyun wanted to go in the room, the doctor and nurse came and told them, “I’m sorry, but visiting time is over, you can come again tomorrow.”

Sehun and Suho came out of the room while Mr and Mrs Lu stayed behind a little longer to hear what the doctor has to say. They were waiting for the lift at the lobby when Suho tapped Jieun’s shoulder, “Are you alright?” he asked noticing her red and puffy eyes.

Jieun smiled and nodded her head, “Yes, just, too much stuff had happened at a go.”

-

“Because you had stayed here for too long, the fee to go back is,” the guard stopped and gave Luhan a grin, “erase the memories of the person whom you loves and misses the most.”

Luhan widened his eyes and protested, “No! No! No!”

“Then continue staying here and the fee will become larger and larger the more you stayed here, the lights are going off soon, it’s your choice,” the guards said nonchalantly.

Luhan turned back and saw the lights going off one by one, “Alright, I’ll pay,” he shouted biting his lips. He can’t lie to the guard, he knew who he loves and misses the most, he can see through him. He had no other choices, the longer he stays here; the larger the part of his memories will be taken away.

Luhan certainly doesn’t want to wake up to find strangers surrounding him; the guard unblocked the entrance and said, “Live well when you go back, it’s not every day where you will get a second chance in life.”

Because all memories of Jieun had been erased from his head, thus he doesn’t remember her at all. He doesn’t know that she is Baekhyun’s girlfriend; he is back to the stage where she was not introduced to him yet.

Luhan could only remember his family and his group of friends and there’s no way to gather back all memories of Jieun yet. For now, he just knows Jieun as Baekhyun’s fiancée, nothing more.

Luhan is glad that he is able to survive this ordeal and he had no recollection of how the accident actually happened except that he only knew that he was too tired and stressed out that leads to this accident. But when he locks gaze with Jieun just now, he could feel a sense of familiarity in her but when he tries recalling, there will be a throbbing and splitting pain in his head.

“Who is she…”

******************

Alright, this is the last update for the week as I'll be overseas this week.
My original intention is to finish this story in 60 chapters, but at this rate, it will mean rushing the story which I felt is not a good idea.
I want to let the story flows at the right pace, not too draggy or too fast.
Well, we shall see how it will goes.

Luhan had woke up finally~ After disappearing for chapters, he is back again!
Poor Jieun, Luhan doesn't remember her...
Are you readers, #TEAMLUHAN or #TEAMBAEKHYUN or.... #TEAMHUNHAN for this story?
Haha! 

I'm curious, is there any #SEBAEK, #BAEKTAO or #LUBAEK shippers here? (Not related to the story)

& is my hint too predictable? Haha!
All the readers commented that the 'key' is Jieun.
/CLAPS/
Clever readers are clever!
/CLAP CLAP/

I can't wait to hear 'Miracles in December'!!!
Judging from the teaser, the song is exactly my type of song!
I'm more of a ballad song person.
& the teaser is pure awesomeness!! 
33 seconds of spazzing, 33 seconds of eargarsm, 33 seconds of OT12~




Look at Baekhyun! He totally spells out P-E-R-F-E-C-T!


Luhan is like the story now, trying hard to figure out who Jieun is... T____T